• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Proud of my brethen right now, for once fancams serve an amazing purposes!

MetallicSnivelingGuanaco-max-1mb.gif

I approve of this Somi gif, taste!

QgLml4s.gif

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
MAGA Nazis are trying to counter Blackout Tuesday with Whiteout Wednesday and White Lives Matter hashtags so our K Pop comrades are blowing up their hashtags:

I apologize for every bad thing I've said about K Pop stan spamming. They are our greatest allies online.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I thought they were busy streaming Twice new super hit comeback. But seriously that's good stuff by KPOP fans. Having said that have BTS come out and says anything regarding BLM? I mean they're biggest boy band in the world and their music is about fighting this kind of injustice, heck they even made a speech about these kind of issues at the UN a few years back.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
MAGA Nazis are trying to counter Blackout Tuesday with Whiteout Wednesday and White Lives Matter hashtags so our K Pop comrades are blowing up their hashtags:

I apologize for every bad thing I've said about K Pop stan spamming. They are our greatest allies online.

Just saw this, god bless them

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
I want to formerly apoligize for every fancam I've reported for spam
I couldn't see the bigger picture

I really like this one

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Having said that have BTS come out and says anything regarding BLM? I mean they're biggest boy band in the world and their music is about fighting this kind of injustice, heck they even made a speech about these kind of issues at the UN a few years back.

Not really sure about BTS having said anything at all. Which, indeed is surprising considering they have a very progressive image overall.

But these Kpop idols/artists showed support:

j4MSEGz.jpg

I really like this one

One of my favorite too ahah. Helps that I really love the song too, and Chaeryeong is always a pleasure to watch dance.

Last edited:

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I saw whitelivesmatter and bluelivesmatter trending and reported them as harmful before seeing this thread. Whoops

I'm still on the fence as to whether this actually helps the blm cause though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure about BTS having said anything at all. Which, indeed is surprising considering they have a very progressive image overall.

One of my favorite too ahah. Helps that I really love the song too, and Chaeryeong is always a pleasure to watch dance.

Did Jessi hurt somebody? Cause she can have zero filter

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
These people weren't above spamming previous threads concerning black oppression with their irrelevant shit, to say nothing of the issues of racism and appropriation in their own community.

BUT! If they want to target their bullshit towards the cops, I ain't gonna stop 'em.

Oct 27, 2017

j4MSEGz.jpg

Thanks for this. That's great that these artists come out to support this. I find it odd that BTS and Blackpink with their international fans are mostly from the U.S and yet they haven't come out to says anything about this matter.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this. That's great that these artists come out to support this. I find it odd that BTS and Blackpink with their international fans are mostly from the U.S and yet they haven't come out to says anything about this matter.

they're heavily controlled by the recording labels. Some can't do or say anything without permission.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Hani and Solji from EXID also showed their support, as well as Moonbyul and Solar from Mamamoo. Jessica (former SNSD) also. Was nice to see.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
These people weren't above spamming previous threads concerning black oppression with their irrelevant shit, to say nothing of the issues of racism and appropriation in their own community.

BUT! If they want to target their bullshit towards the cops, I ain't gonna stop 'em.

That's absolutely true as well, the whole Kpop community is far from being irreproachable. However, there is a huge part of Kpop fans who are BIPOC and have been trying to change the community from the inside for quite some time now, and helped educate other Kpop fans and even idols/companies about many of those issues. I have seen companies/idols apologize for cultural appropriation thanks to the pressure of Kpop fans sparking discussion about it online. Still a long way to go though, that is absolutely true.

Their debut was actually delayed.

Well, thanks for letting me know :(

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
An old Dreamcatcher post from their US tour last year but yeah. Go give them some love! LOONA too! We're helping however we can from our side!

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As much shit Kpop twitter gets for spamming, they are actually decent people.

This isn't the first time they hijack a hashtag for a good cause.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was fun but it seems like the tags either died down or were taken off trending. Thanks Kpop stans for being a chaotic force for good lol

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
This is awesome. Glad to see so many different communities stand up in support of the movement. :)

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Haven't K-pop stans spammed hastags related to mass shootings before? I mean I guess it's not necessarily the same group of K-pop stans but seems like a lot of them will just spam whatever hashtags are trending at any given time.

Oct 27, 2017

I really like this one

I need to know the names of these two songs for research purposes 👀

Also this is pretty damn funny tbh. Police getting spammed with kpop, haha.