• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Using their powers for good *sheds tear
Based Kpop stans

EZjC_yQUwAAy1fE

This killed me LOL

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
The powers that be are not up for an information war with people that live and breathe the internet. Cambridge Analytica might have convinced boomers on FB, but this...this is what the Stans have trained for.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
There was one I saw where after a police department said "okay we're back from being spammed by kpop stans" the kpop accounts encouraged each other to share a few seconds of a protest with no incriminating value for the cops and then switch to the fancams again to waste more time

I saw them changing the suggestion though that they should just send in random riot videos from white people destroying stuff after a football game and then cutting to the k pop video

well done k pop stans, for this time and this time only, I will in fact Stan Jungkook

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Oh if you think the kpop stans are crazy, wait until you hear some of us chose instead to clog their system with NSFW Sonic the Hedgehog fanart.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
The kpop industry may be an absolute fucking horror show, but I approve of this very much. Spam some EXID, please, kpop stans!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Was it intentional? I mean they spam those fancams on every hash tag. It makes it very difficult to figure out why things are trending because you have to wade through so many. In either case, more power to them. They're certainly not hurting anything here.

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Was it intentional? I mean they spam those fancams on every hash tag. It makes it very difficult to figure out why things are trending because you have to wade through so many. In either case, more power to them. They're certainly not hurting anything here.

yeah it was intentional, a lot of people on kpop twt are using their platforms to create awareness around blm and encouraging others to donate, sign petitions, spread important information. it's been really cool to see my tl focus on it.

but also a lot of kpop twt is a huge dumpster fire as usual so there's that

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
If I look at trending hashtags right now its flooded with all the worst hashtags like #WhiteLivesMatter, #BlueLivesMatter, #Trump2020, #WhiteoutWednesday, is this really doing what they think it is if all I'm going to be seeing in trending all day is racist bullshit?? I don't see a single person mad that thier hateful hashtag was taken over and promoted to the top of trending. It's not like they are 'jamming the system', because those people aren't relying on the relay of information like protesters would be.

And if I look to the usual drek they don't seem very concerned and now instead of all the useful hashtags I saw trending all week I now seeing only horrible ones with videos of people happily dancing beside them.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

It is very much intentional. The kpop videos and squirtle pics are flooding the various tags rendering them useless.

It's basically a DDOS attack on the tags which is beautiful.

Racists finally see #BlueLivesMatter trending, think it is their moment, and are then met with Smurfs, Pokemon, and Sonic.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017

They do this with every hashtag anyway, they're just focusing on hateful ones now.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it is.
I needed this laugh. Thanks Kpop.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
For years I've been trying to explain to my non-kpop listening friends that kpop is bigger than they could possibly know. I guess they're seeing that now. Anyway, stan LOONA.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
So thaaat's what all the K-pop stuff is about lmao! You learn something new every day.

K-pop stans doing some good shit right now.