• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
I wouldn't say no to gears 2 and 3 getting proper remasters, as nice as the FPS boosts on the backwards compatible ones are.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Would be a no-brainer really. Not having those games on PC seems like a glaring omission.

Somniac

Banned
Oct 10, 2021
God I hope its Gears. I just can't think of another franchise that could get the MCC treatment. I guess maybe it could be something like Fable since that brand has been out of cultural relevance for so long that reintroducing it could be useful, but even then I'm still not sure I'd bet against Gears.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mmm, Gears of War with neverending battle passes.

Pfantzypantz

Oct 27, 2017
After watching Noah Caldwell-Gervais' retrospective on the series I've really been wanting to play them, so a 'MCC' of Gears would be sick

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, not sure it's wanted or needed. Gears doesn't land like Halo does and we're not in the doldrums of Xbox releases now.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Gears could really use this, particularly the first three games and Judgment.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Gears or Fable would definitely be welcome, both are lacking in terms of PC presence.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Id imagine Gears yea since MCC has that GAAS thing going for it I wouldnt see Fable or any other singleplayer franchise having that.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
this would be great for PC owners since 2 and 3 (and Judgement lol) are all missing from the platform. And Gears Ultimate needs a rework since it's a mess on PC.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Gears would be ideal, but if they do plan one way into future. I'd love something like it for COD.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take both! Gears is amazing on Series X with the upgrades but a fresh coat of paint is always welcome.

Doing things like MCC - consolidating the maps, mutators, campaigns, etc across the games to date would be an awesome platform to have on hand. Then, hell, launch Gears 6 into it.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I'm confused, didn't they already announce a "Marcus Fenix Collection" last year? Or was that all a fever dream in my head?

Might be time to see a doctor.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gears or Fable would definitely be welcome, both are lacking in terms of PC presence.
Yeah, Gears 2, 3 and Judgement never got PC ports, and 1 UE and 4 never got a Steam version. A Steam five-pack for $50 would go down mighty fine, but the comparison to MCC suggests that they intend to go further.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
I'd be so unbelievably into Gears 2 and 3 on PC. I traded in my Xbox One X awhile back because I didn't use it enough anymore to justify letting it lose value, but I have this itch to play Gears 2 and 3 every so often.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Remakes or remasters I wonder. They are all already enhanced and boosted now for the 360 games. I was thinking about how it would be nice if we could get a unified UI behind this. Excited for whatever they do!

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Already doing a GoW playthrough, so I really hope it's not Gears.

I'b be all over a Fable collection though.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Man, finally getting 2 and 3 on PC would be amazing. I recently played through the whole trilogy again, 2 and 3 on my 1x and I played the OG PC release of the first (with working live service lol), it would be great to have the full bundle in my Steam library, even though I triple dipped on these.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remakes or remasters I wonder. They are all already enhanced and boosted now for the 360 games. I was thinking about how it would be nice if we could get a unified UI behind this. Excited for whatever they do!
I mean, if you want to be cynical, you could argue making Xbox One/Xbox Series ports of Gears 2, 3 and Judgement would mean you can sunset the 360-era servers without much complaining, in a similar manner to how the 360 Halo games got sunset.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Fable, please. Though with Gears I can more definitely say if it's as samey as it looks.

Also, I have to wonder if these collections are necessary to bring these games to PC. It always feels like Xbox won't do anything that won't benefit the console side of things in some way, meaning no PC ports of their older lineup that you can already play on console via back compat, unless it's a "remaster" or some other SKU that can be sold on console too.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pls be real, i want so bad to play 2 and 3 on PC.

Hell, I would even take Gears Judgment.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Let us play Gears 1 with the option to change between OG and Ultimate on the fly.
All I need. I own Gears 1 on GFWL but the marketplace servers are down. Been spending the last year trying to "graft" my install from my old machine to my new one without success because I can't just reinstall normally. And I just cannot with the Ultimate graphics.