• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
So, Palestine would need to:

*Immediately recognize current Israeli squatting/settlement invasions, as officially legal (despite the agreed Roadmap under Bush)
*Officially surrender both security and control of transit between the multiple fragmented "isles" of their territory, effectively preventing proper coordination between the different cities/subregions.
*Fully surrender Jerusalem, as capital for Israel.

But would:
*Receive a heartfelt promise that Israel would not expand the settlements (for the time being).
*Receive a promise that an unspecified portion of Jerusalem could be used to, sort of be semi shared with them. But never fully its capital.
*A promise to get bonus territory, in unspecified quantity, at an uncertain future, barring that it complies with regulations specified and regulated by Israel.
*A promise to get incentive to get work/labor, for Israel, controlled by Israel.

All of this, as long as they give their immediate legal approval, prior USA elections.

Sounds like a deal, alright.
What's really interesting is the news that fellow conman with delusions of grandeur, Adam Neumann of WeWork "extensively advised" Kushner on this mockery of a deal. Not only that, he felt his work with this deal and with WeWork would allow him to become President of Israel.

Deleted member 43514

Banned
May 16, 2018
He really really wants to try and half-ass some kind of peace either in the Middle East or North Korea.

Merit-based President. He wants the awards.
It's not merit. It's his narcissism and false branding that needs his name on everything. This "Phase 1 deal" with China is a prime example that leaves us far worse off than when we started. But he got his name on something with all the pageantry attached.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The guy who moves the US embassy to jerusalem and does shit for Palestineans until this very second expects anyone to take him seriously on settlements and Palestinian rights?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So how exactly a plan with zero Palestinian involvement a plan? Media needs to stop treating it as such

Jared Kushner went to Harvard, works in the WH, and makes a lot of money due to being born wealthy and having a well-connected wealthy spouse. Ipso facto, he's a genius and can solve any problem put in front of him with zero training or experience or even conference calling with everyone involved with the project.

What's really interesting is the news that fellow conman with delusions of grandeur, Adam Neumann of WeWork "extensively advised" Kushner on this mockery of a deal. Not only that, he felt his work with this deal and with WeWork would allow him to become President of Israel.

See above.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
So, Palestine would need to:

*Immediately recognize current Israeli squatting/settlement invasions, as officially legal (despite the agreed Roadmap under Bush)
*Officially surrender both security and control of transit between the multiple fragmented "isles" of their territory, effectively preventing proper coordination between the different cities/subregions.
*Fully surrender Jerusalem, as capital for Israel.

But would:
*Receive a heartfelt promise that Israel would not expand the settlements (for the time being).
*Receive a promise that an unspecified portion of Jerusalem could be used to, sort of be semi shared with them. But never fully its capital.
*A promise to get bonus territory, in unspecified quantity, at an uncertain future, barring that it complies with regulations specified and regulated by Israel.
*A promise to get incentive to get work/labor, for Israel, controlled by Israel.

All of this, as long as they give their immediate legal approval, prior USA elections.

Sounds like a deal, alright.

Ya know, I never thought America would try to create a reservation in the modern age. Guess I was wrong. When do you think we'll start sending the smallpox blankets, or do you think they''ll let Bibi and Israel handle that part like we're letting them handle the massacring?

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, from day one when Kushner was put in charge of "solving" the ME crisis, it was dead on arrival.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
What's funny is I wouldda thought it was gonna make a good faith attempt(not out of goodness, just out of actually trying to make a legacy for future political aspirations). He basically called up Israel and had them write up the plan for him

No jewish conservative with his upbringing will ever make a good faith attempt. This guy would love to see Palestine gone forever.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Not only does America fuck over the Palestinians, they want them to be grateful for being fucked over.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Media was almost semi-decent with this today. Impeachment, Bolton, Kobe, and Coronavirus made sure it quickly fell out of the news. Most reporting at least attempted to add that it was DOA, vague, one sided, and didn't include Palestinian participation. Most reporting made sure to mention that Trump was being impeached and Netanyahu was indicted too.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow. That presentation video, is sure something:
https://www.businessinsider.com/adam-neumann-jared-kushner-middle-east-peace-promo-video-2019-11

The world is ready....to unleash....P R O S P E R I T Y

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
What's funny is I wouldda thought it was gonna make a good faith attempt(not out of goodness, just out of actually trying to make a legacy for future political aspirations). He basically called up Israel and had them write up the plan for him

If Trump even bothered to put in half as much effort as Clinton did he might have started down the road to something.

Today's plan isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Jan 10, 2018
They will be 1% on land, and 99% in the ocean

Totally fair. Just build your house on stilts!

That would be the nice version of the deal. Israel is promised the control of the waters. If Palestine accepts the illegal settlements and gives away the greener areas, they are promised a piece of desert.

Its a complete joke.

Jan 10, 2018
We really need a new OP and threadtitle or straight up new thread. People won't get what is going on with that title and OP

Oct 28, 2017
Netanyahu and Trump probably think they are being generous for not proposing to just straight up shoot every Palestinian man, woman and child.

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to seeing how the media tiptoes around using words like "contravention of international law", "illegal occupation", "apartheid", "bantustans" etc.in their continuing efforts to sanitise the ethnic cleansing of a subjugated people.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I just went to that other site that shall not be named and went into a thread about this same topic and yikes.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
"We offered a two state solution like they wanted and they rejected it. This justifies Israel's actions"

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to seeing how the media tiptoes around using words like "contravention of international law", "illegal occupation", "apartheid", "bantustans" etc.in their continuing efforts to sanitise the ethnic cleansing of a subjugated people.
While also victim blaming when they inevitable violence happens

Dec 22, 2018
When Trump isn't Putin's puppet, he's Netanyahu's.

Obviously, this "peace plan" is a complete non-starter.

It's actually far worse than just being a dead-on-arrival "peace" plan. My local paper is reporting Netanyahu plans to start the process of obtaining Israeli "sovereignty" in the Jordan Valley and West Bank settlements as early as this Sunday. His declaration could apply to up to 30% of the West Bank.

This plan wasn't just Trump trying to get support from his base for the upcoming election or to protect Netanyahu from prosecution for corruption. It's the precursor to a horrible fucking land grab. It seems they plan to push forward regardless of the Palestinians' position.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A two-state solution will never work. The only thing I can see that would solve the conflict is a multinational state, but of course that doesn't seem possible now because of Israel's massive power and resistance to that. So I guess I'm saying there'll never be peace.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fcuk off Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson has lavished praise on Donald Trump's vision for Middle East peace, after Jeremy Corbyn criticised the plan for failing to gain the support of any Palestinians.

The prime minister said Trump's plan "has the merits of a two state solution", even though it has been criticised for offering Israel a wishlist of its long-held demands while promising Palestinians a potential "state" with severe restrictions.

At prime minister's questions in the Commons on Wednesday, the outgoing Labour leader called on Johnson to stand up to the US and tell Trump "frankly and candidly that on this you are wrong".
He said: "It will annex Palestinian territory, lock in illegal Israeli colonisation, transfer Palestinian citizens of Israel and deny Palestinian people their fundamental rights.

"When the government meets with the US secretary of state later today, will he make it clear that the British government will stand for a genuine, internationally backed peace plan rather than this stuff proposed by Trump yesterday?"

Johnson rejected Corbyn's assessment, telling him: "No peace plan is perfect, but this has the merit of a two-state solution. It would ensure Jerusalem is both the capital of Israel and the Palestinian people.

"I would urge him rather than being so characteristically negative to reach out to his friend, my friend, our friends in the Palestinian authority, to Mahmoud Abbas – for whom I have the highest respect – and urge him for once to engage, to get talking rather than to leave a political vacuum."

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
The 20th century is not 2000 years ago.
Absolving countries (mainly the US and the UK) off the responsibility for the way things are by saying it's been going on for 2000 years is frankly disgusting.

Yea, the 2000 year conflict myth needs to die. The modern problem of Israel/Palestine is basically from post-WWII to now. The problems started when the Ottoman Enoure dissolved, but the post-WWII actions really kick started the major conflict.