• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming there's no cross-progress between versions here (same as the current setup), just cross-play? I'm curious to see how this turns out on a technical level.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So strange that we even haven't seen a trailer. Always the same picture of a switch with the text Apex Legends ...

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Very interested to see how this looks and runs. GamesBeat article mentioned Panic Button is on the port, so expecting a 30fps version like Doom Eternal

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Does this have permanent solos yet? I want to check it out as somebody who really enjoyed Titanfall multiplayer.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Still never talking about cross-progression when almost every other cross-play game has it. Irritating as fuck and it's why i can't get really invested into the game.

I am curious how it looks and runs on switch though.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Apex fans who know more than I, what is this Twitter account linked in the OP and why doesn't the official Apex account have this news?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Despite the blue checkmark that is not an official account. I don't know how Dexerto gets verified for its game specific accounts, it is bound to cause confusion like this.
Apex fans who know more than I, what is this Twitter account linked in the OP and why doesn't the official Apex account have this news?
^^^

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

No worries, I may've found the source they used

news.yahoo.co.jp

Switch版の配信も決定!『Apex Legends』新シリーズ「エーペックスレジェンズ シーズン08 –メイヘム」を日本時間2月3日より開幕!!(アスキー) - Yahoo!ニュース

Electronic Artsは2月3日、基本プレイ無料のバトルロイヤルゲーム『Apex Legends』にて、新シリーズ「エーペックスレジェンズ シーズン08 –メイヘム」を開幕したと発表。また、

It also specifies that the retail version is out on March 18th in Japan and it includes quotes from (what I assume) an upcoming video featuring the game director Chad Grenier.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Still never talking about cross-progression when almost every other cross-play game has it. Irritating as fuck and it's why i can't get really invested into the game.

I am curious how it looks and runs on switch though.

I think we'll over a year ago they commented cross progression won't make it into Apex because it wasn't designed with that in mind originally.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Very interested to see how this looks and runs. GamesBeat article mentioned Panic Button is on the port, so expecting a 30fps version like Doom Eternal

I know Panic Button has worked with other Publishers, but with Bethesda a first party Publisher now I wondered how that may impact them considering they have gotten a lot of work from them. Good to see they are still getting plenty of work.

It will be interesting to see what they pull off on this one. Some may not like the cuts in the Doom/Wolfenstein ports, but those games definitely retained the feel of the original releases with the obvious cuts. Hopefully this will be similar.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No worries, I may've found the source they used

news.yahoo.co.jp

Switch版の配信も決定!『Apex Legends』新シリーズ「エーペックスレジェンズ シーズン08 –メイヘム」を日本時間2月3日より開幕!!(アスキー) - Yahoo!ニュース

Electronic Artsは2月3日、基本プレイ無料のバトルロイヤルゲーム『Apex Legends』にて、新シリーズ「エーペックスレジェンズ シーズン08 –メイヘム」を開幕したと発表。また、

It also specifies that the retail version is out on March 18th in Japan and it includes quotes from (what I assume) an upcoming video featuring the game director Chad Grenier.

Thanks. I imagine the official English announcement will be out on the hour in that case. Hopefully at least.

On an unrelated note, man does it irk me when companies list PS4 and Xbox One games for PS5 and Xbox Series despite not having native PS5 and Xbox Series version. Yes, we know they're backward compatible just like every other game. List them for the new consoles when there's actually a native version.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yet PC supports it between EA origin and Steam

That's a bullshit answer by respawn.

Had to google a bit to when they first said it:

Apex Legends has hit 25 million players after one week - The Verge

thanks to its iOS and Android versions and its cross-platform and cross-progression features. Those are both elements that Apex Legends does not have plans to add any time soon, Respawn told me at a press event prior to the game's launch.

It took us almost two years to get cross-play.

But it seems that like cross-play, we will get it eventually.

When will cross-progression come to Apex Legends?
Respawn have touched the topic on a number of occasions, and it's becoming more and more promising that, one day, Apex Legends will have cross-progression to make the switch between platforms easier for players.

Back in late November, Respawn Design Director Jason 'Monsterclip' McCord responded to a request for it: "We hear you, and know that people want it. I want it too. We can't talk about anything that hasn't been announced though, sorry."

You can be sure that the Apex Legends developers are going to look at the best way to broadly implement cross-progression across all major platforms, but only time will tell when it'll actually come.

Is there cross progression in Apex Legends with PS4, Xbox One, Switch & PC? (dexerto.com)

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Interested in how this will hold up on a technical level.
I don't expect 60FPS but it would be great to have an option like that.

So now it's PUBG and Warzone missing from the big battle royal players.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Fortnite on switch being ridiculously easy, am hoping to drop a 20 bomb on Apex lol

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Nice!

Just so I understand correctly, I can _not_ log in with my PC/existing account and use the stuff I already bought/earned, correct? It's a seperate account no matter the crossplay?

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
After playing Hades on both my PC & my Switch cross-progression needs to be a top priority for basically every multi-platform game.

Especially for games like this.

It is frustrating to hear "it will come eventually" from every dev.

They want me to play their game? Make it easy for me to play it wherever I am and I will.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Panic Button should try to bring Titanfall 2 too! I'm more into more traditional shooters. That has mechas in them.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I would try it but there's no cross-progression so I kinda don't even wanna waste my time, lol. I hope they'll do that some day.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Would 30fps be a deal breaker for switch players in crossplay?

Maybe reduced fidelity wouldnt be as much of a problem as 30fps but maybe it will be both for switch.

Deleted member 14939

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Publicly delayed last year.
Can't help but feel like it was internally delayed/missed it's target of Feb. 2nd.
Announced with no screenshots or trailer.

Hard to imagine this isn't coming in hot. I hope I'm wrong since I like Apex and love my Switch.