• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Recently got back into Apex after dipping out early Season 3. Decimating King's Canyon just as I was getting used to how radically it has already been changed sure is gonna be interesting.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Have they "fixed" the fov/sense issue with different attachments? I remember that depending on the attachment, the sensitivity for aim down sight varied.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I recently got a gaming Laptop and wanted to jump back in to Apex but it sucks that I still can't carry over my progress from Xbox.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Tried getting back into this last week and it felt oddly sluggish for me compared to what I have in my head when I played it a bunch. Playing on Series X. Anyone know if there are any performance issues with the BC version?

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Wish they'd stop messing around with the best map. Blow up the other two, leave King's Canyon alone.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They've got enough heroes now that Quads would be nice to see. My friends and I just got back in it, and four of us playing isn't really fun.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of hoping they up the player count per match, going from 60 players to something like 75 would make the game better IMO. Every once in a while you get a game where you don't find anyone until there's like 5 teams left.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of hoping they up the player count per match, going from 60 players to something like 75 would make the game better IMO. Every once in a while you get a game where you don't find anyone until there's like 5 teams left.
Still my biggest issue with this game. The pacing is just not good. In other games like Warzone, you can reasonably find action at the start, middle, and end

In Apex, you may not have a middle and then suddenly its the end game where you're in the top 3. The third partying in this game is still awful and makes the wins anti climatic. So easy for people to come in and pick off the weakened team in final 3.

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017

Does not compute. Apex is very diverse.

Apex-Legends-Season-7-c-1536x864.png

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
It's also the default skin, which is a lot better than what the original apex default skins were. I'm very much looking forward to seeing his legendary skins.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I've seen this character in so many games already

Can't hate on Apex roster tho, it's amazing.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
They've got enough heroes now that Quads would be nice to see. My friends and I just got back in it, and four of us playing isn't really fun.
With Apex's high TTK and prevalence of healing items and respawns, I doubt we'll see quads. Each squad fight would likely go on for an eternity, and third-partying would become even more nightmarish.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This have crossplay with pc (and ps5)?
I'm trying to convence some friends to get an alternative to warzone
Lol

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In what world does the PS4 Pro version of Apex run at 45 FPS lol

All last gen consoles have some frame rate drops in Apex, PS4 Pro was no exception. It would occasionally drop to 45 FPS on certain aspects of the map.

PS5 remains stable 60 on all points of the map.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Another generic white guy?

Yes, his design is pretty generic, and I think most of us agreed to that in that particular thread where Respawn was accused of plagiarism:
www.resetera.com

Indie Studio NOWWA Accuses Apex Legends Of "Ripping Off" One Of Its Characters

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/indie_studio_nowwa_accuses_apex_legends_of_ripping_off_one_of_its_characters

However, in the context of Apex, Fuse is following the release of 3 characters who happened to be women, 2 of which are women of color. So one generic white guy in Apex should actually be ok considering. I don't like it, and I'm not interested in him, but I don't think it'd be fair to complain about it that much. Not really a hill worth dying on.

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
All last gen consoles have some frame rate drops in Apex, PS4 Pro was no exception. It would occasionally drop to 45 FPS on certain aspects of the map.

PS5 remains stable 60 on all points of the map.
Fair enough, but an occasional dip is not the same as the game running at 45, which is what the post I quoted said. Apex runs around 60fps on PS4 pro with occasional dips.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Their gameplay trailers are always amazing 😍

I skipped most of last season but I'll be checking this out when it drops.

Don't even play the game, do you

Given how they ghosted the thread after that comment I'm gonna say no. Apex has been extremely diverse with their legends so far.

I honestly don't know how anyone can have any complaints when it comes to that.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
only for curiosity, How do you communicate?
we use Discord, is there any better way?
Before my PS4 buddy joined in, we were using Discord before but were having problems with the game allowing us to chat in the lobby. I think that was a problem other people were having.

We've since just been using the regular in-game chat, and it's worked perfectly fine save for the 5 seconds it takes to actually load you into a match.

Oct 31, 2017
Some things I've noticed after rewatching the trailer a few times now:

-The 30-30 repeater looks to have a base "magazine" of 5 rounds, half of the 10 round base mag of the G7 Scout.

-A large new cut-out swath has been added to King's Canyon in the northern part of the map, above and around Artillery/Slum Lakes, fundamentally altering that huge section of the map.

-Fuse can launch on-map pickup grenades from his tactical arm launcher. Perhaps they are different "ammo types" that are slightly altered when fired from his launcher? Or maybe it's just how he tosses grenades in general? At one point he launches a grenade that has a cluster-like effect, but then in another clip he launches an arc star with the arm launcher.

I'm thinking that Fuse will pair really nicely with this past season's legend Horizon. Her black hole ultimate paired up with his ultimate/grenade launcher? Might be a strong team composition.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Fuse can launch on-map pickup grenades from his tactical arm launcher. Perhaps they are different "ammo types" that are slightly altered when fired from his launcher? Or maybe it's just how he tosses grenades in general? At one point he launches a grenade that has a cluster-like effect, but then in another clip he launches an arc star with the arm launcher.
The cluster airburst grenade is his Tactical, launching regular grenades from his wrist launcher is his Passive. I believe, judging from the trailer, that it makes them explode on impact, and they shoot out faster than if they were thrown.

Oct 31, 2017
The cluster airburst grenade is his Tactical, launching regular grenades from his wrist launcher is his Passive. I believe, judging from the trailer, that it makes them explode on impact, and they shoot out faster than if they were thrown.
Interesting.

The old speculation was that his passive was going to be that he could hold 2 grenades per slot, like how they were earlier in the game's life. Maybe it's both of those, that he can double up grenades and launch them from the wrist launcher?

Since I play with the Evolved controller button layout on a paddle-less controller, (Tactical on X/A, Jump on L1/LB, Crouch on R3, slide on O/B), his tactical/passive won't be super great for me just like how it's hard for me to be effective with Bangalore and Revenant on this layout. Really, I should be playing with a controller with paddles honestly.

Wonder how the cluster airburst will be, if it's just something that's high damage for anyone who gets directly hit by it. I know in Titanfall, the cluster bomb titan secondary weapon was super nasty and something I basically always ran, so I'm curious to see if that is comparable. If so, it could potentially be one of the nastier, directly offensive tactical abilities in the game.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some things I've noticed after rewatching the trailer a few times now:

-The 30-30 repeater looks to have a base "magazine" of 5 rounds, half of the 10 round base mag of the G7 Scout.

-A large new cut-out swath has been added to King's Canyon in the northern part of the map, above and around Artillery/Slum Lakes, fundamentally altering that huge section of the map.

-Fuse can launch on-map pickup grenades from his tactical arm launcher. Perhaps they are different "ammo types" that are slightly altered when fired from his launcher? Or maybe it's just how he tosses grenades in general? At one point he launches a grenade that has a cluster-like effect, but then in another clip he launches an arc star with the arm launcher.

I'm thinking that Fuse will pair really nicely with this past season's legend Horizon. Her black hole ultimate paired up with his ultimate/grenade launcher? Might be a strong team composition.

www.ea.com

Season 8 Map Updates Bring Mayhem to Kings Canyon

Apex Legends is entering its eighth season and bringing MAYHEM to Kings Canyon!

Here's an article on the changes to the map.