• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Apex Legends Season 7 – Ascension introduces new map Olympus, new Legend Horizon, the "Trident" vehicle, Clubs, fresh Battle Pass, Steam support and more! http://x.ea.com/64060

Rise to new heights in Apex Legends Season 7 – Ascension. The Apex Games have moved to a beautiful and dangerous city in the clouds -- Olympus. Explore a lush, manicured landscape on the surface and an industrial underbelly below. New Legend Horizon is a brilliant astrophysicist who escaped a black hole and aims to use her newfound mastery of gravity to keep a promise. Hop aboard Olympus's levitating Trident vehicles to cross the map fast. The Clubs feature will give players a new way to establish a community and squad up with their friends. Grab the latest Battle Pass to instantly access exclusive items including the Legendary Prowler Polished Perfection skin and three new Rare Legends skins. Then battle through Daily and Weekly Challenges to earn rewards like Apex Packs, XP Boosts, and unique skins. Prove your skills and rise to the top in the new season of Ranked to earn exclusive rewards. Play on Steam during Season 7 to claim your free Valve-inspired gun charms. There's a whole new world out there, Legends. Rule it or fall trying.

Apex Legends™ is a free-to-play battle royale game where legendary characters battle for glory, fame, and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Play for free now on Xbox One, PS4, and Origin for PC. And play on Steam when Season 7 launches on November 4 !

Learn more about Apex Legends Season 7 – Ascension: http://x.ea.com/65921

New clubs feature:
www.ea.com

Join a Club in Season 7

Build a better squad with the new Clubs feature. Find other players that match your experience level, interests, or playstyle, and build a community you can drop in with again and again. Club leaders can also edit their logos to reflect their style. Get out there, find your club, and rise together!

Some other info and next gen info post #4 by Lucebuce can't threadmark properly

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
www.eurogamer.net

Apex Legends' newest map was a Titanfall 3 concept

It's hard to believe it's been four years since Titanfall 2 was released, but that's the milestone Respawn's beloved sc…

When I asked Grenier about the team's immediate goals and long-term aims, however, I got a particularly interesting answer: while the short-term focus is to "maintain a quality game", it seems Apex could eventually evolve into something beyond a battle royale. "The other [focus] is: how do we expand it?", Grenier said. "So that means new players, new platforms, and it also means new ways to play Apex."

"Right now we're a battle royale game. I think if you look into the future, we have a lot of conversations of, you know, should we expand beyond battle royale? We have this roster of legends that people love - how else can we use them? I think looking into the future, you're probably going to see the game becoming more than just a battle royale game. You see we have all these LTMs and other ways to play. I think that's a great starting point."

Of course, we're also getting extremely close to the launch of next-gen consoles, and in the QA session Grenier confirmed Apex Legends would be coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X one day one via backwards compatibility. Account progression will roll over, and it will also have full cross-play with all other platforms. As for native next-gen versions of Apex Legends, we're going to have to wait for more news on that in future. "You can look forward to some improvements in loading times and visual fidelity even with backwards compatibility because of the power of the new consoles," Grenier added.

Jan 11, 2019
Includes a pilotable vehicle

Vehicle is not a titan :(

That being said, I've been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 this week and with that I've been developing the urge to jump back into this. So I shall.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, that map looks fucking great. Been a couple of months since I last played Apex I think, but it definitely looks like it's time to reinstall.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Thanks OP. Nice lifeline avatar 👍👍

Map looks amazing, can't really get a sense of scale, it seems small and tight but seeing how vehicles are in, surely can't be smaller than kings canyon?
Club's a new thing.. wonder how that works.
The skins don't look to good for me, especially the wraith's one.

OP
OP
ApeEscaper

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Thanks OP. Nice lifeline avatar 👍👍

Map looks amazing, can't really get a sense of scale, it seems small and tight but seeing how vehicles are in, surely can't be smaller than kings canyon?
Club's a new thing.. wonder how that works.
The skins don't look to good for me, especially the wraith's one.
Thanks got it from here

Just saw about the club's addition that's interesting added to OP

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Quit playing months ago, but now that it will be on Steam this will be perfect to get back into it!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad they allowed you to make the vehicle compatible with abilities. Thats awesome.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Really excited to try this! Map looks fantastic.

Hope they announce some next gen enhancements soon. Auto HDR will help at least for a bit. Still can't believe this launched without HDR...

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Nice trailer. New map looks great. I think its bigger than Kings Canyon. Not sure how big compared to Worlds Edge.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Starting fresh on PC with the steam release and leaving behind all my progress 😢. This going to be sweaty. Love that Wraith got sucked into the void lol

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Finally, Sheila will be viable. I have 400+ kills with Rampart. Of those, Kills with Sheila are probably still in single-digits.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So much color!! I love it.

Definitely looking forward to trying out the vehicle. Sounds zany, and we already have a couple EMP weapons we know of (charged sentinel and arc star). I wonder how many legend tac/ults will affect it? Octane jump pads might not work (it hovers) but Horizon's tactical will probably affect it.

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
Great looking map, still best multiplayer this gen, difficult though as most people seem really good at it!

Hopefully the map will be great, really don't like Worlds Edge....

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing in Season 5, managed to max out the BP last season and this one, and this is the MOST excited I've been about Apex. New map looks absolutely incredible.

Love how the past few seasons they've been going all in on the lore. It's been getting deep and interesting. Curious to see what they're building to.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish I was better at this game... heh, map looks amazing though. Will jump back in just to check it out.