• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the season was premiering in 50 minutes, not the actual trailer. Opening this thread is like ordering a pie and finding out it has no filling.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awwww yeah. My wife and I have been playing this everyday for a while now. Looking forward to what's new!

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I was thinking about this game the other day. I'm trying to decide if I want to jump back in for the new season or if I'll just get my ass kicked. Haven't played since mid-season 2. It was kind of funny launching the game in season 3 and seeing 4 days left, might as well wait now.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TIL youtube videos can be set to have a premiere time and date

I thought the season was premiering in 50 minutes, not the actual trailer. Opening this thread is like ordering a pie and finding out it has no filling.
IgMyx.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going to coincide season 4 with a Steam release. Hopefully they'll do.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Lol yeah, same here. Haven't played Apex since the new map came out but thought I'd check it out again if the season is starting soon, but I guess it isn't quite that soon.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That was a great trailer. I didn't expect it from Apex but I like the world they're building.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
god I love apex. That was brutal, interested to see how this shakes out.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Every time they release a trailer it just makes me that much more confused as to why they didn't use that art style for the actual game. It suits the world and aesthetic so much more.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
HYPE!
They got pretty good at making these trailers btw.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Really dug how that trailer ended. Revenant is obviously a murder tool by Hammon Robotics and he wants revenge on them. I wonder if he has any regret over the targets he's killed while under their control? He at least didn't kill the reporter from the Season 4 teaser lol.

Every time they release a trailer it just makes me that much more confused as to why they didn't use that art style for the actual game. It suits the world and aesthetic so much more.

The simplicity of the game's in-engine art style and visual design isn't as glamorous or as detailed as the CGI trailers, but I appreciate the look the game has because it has excellent readability; the lack of overwrought details keeps characters standing out against the environment extremely well, and it keeps performance as a focus since it targets 60FPS.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Is it just me or anyone else again wish for a more story focused game in the Titanfall universe again (hint hint nudge nudge TF3 TF3)?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Doubtful, according to the twitter he just thought he was a human assassin this whole time.

Sure, but it would be ridiculous to assume he wasn't engineered to be as cold and merciless on his jobs as possible. He might have the mindset he's just a human assassin but that mindset is already fucked with. Once his engineering/programming fails, he could be afforded mixed feelings about his prior work (at least, I hope so; I'd love for him to have some dimension).

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
You and me both, friend. You and me both.
Right? Battle Royale is fun and all. Cash Cow for Respawn I guess. However, I wanna see more of the Titanfall universe cause I thought it was quite cool in it's design, the possible themes with for example the Simulacrums like Revenant here or Ash and mechs, all those lovely, industrially designed mechs.

I need more of that stuff.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Right? Battle Royale is fun and all. Cash Cow for Respawn I guess. However, I wanna see more of the Titanfall universe cause I thought it was quite cool in it's design, the possible themes with for example the Simulacrums like Revenant here or Ash and mechs, all those lovely, industrially designed mechs.

*Sighs*

Its always the fucking same with you Titanfall fans *eyes rolling*

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cool trailer, I hope we get more lore stuff as time goes on. I fell off of season 3 just due to playing other stuff, but I'm excited to get back in for season 4.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Maybe one day they'll give something that continues / resolves the conflict from the first two games aside from a small blurb saying "the IMC and the Frontier Militia fucked off into the sunset."

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
*Sighs*

Its always the fucking same with you Titanfall fans *eyes rolling*
🙄 Right back at ya, pal.

Anyway, in the interest of getting on-topic, I think I'll use the new season as an excuse to try to get back into the game. I played it a fair amount back at launch and really enjoyed it, but I dropped off after a while. I started it up a few days ago to get Forge's weapon charm and remembered how fun the game is. I hope the Steam release happens soon so that more of my friends might try the game.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I like how the next legend is already teased in this trailer. It feels like Respawn wants to give the characters and the Apex games in general a lot more story focus. Can't wait for the special voice lines when Loba and Revenant are in the same team or when they kill each other.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
That was cool. New legend looks awesome. I wonder why the game didn't go with the same visual aesthetic as these videos, I think it looks good.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Fuck better Mirage show me what that little girl is going to do. Those were the eyes of someone who's about to burn the world down and she just inherited an empire. Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Love the trailer, it looks like Revenant is stuck in some sort of simulation loop, it also shows why he's got such a murder-on for Hammond Robotics.

Can't wait to play him.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
This will sound really dumb I admit, but holy crap is this trailer way darker in tone than the rest of the game.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
so the little girl is going to be a legend too huh? In the future or something. She looked angry.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
As cool as all these cinematics and charcter backgrounds can be the fact that it's attached to a never ending battle Royale means there will never really be any resolution to anything.

I hope Apex is serving as enough of a cash engine to fuel the next Titanfall.