• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

The new pass features various improvements over the first:

• Challenges which reward bonus XP to level up faster
  • More legendaries as a reward
  • Enough crafting materials to craft a legendary of your choice
  • No more badges as filler rewards
  • New reward type of music packs to customise drop music etc
  • New reward type of skydiving emotes to fuck around while you drop
  • New reward type of loading screens to pick from
You get a few nice looking epic skins right off the bat, plus there's a few nice legendaries dotted throughout. There's a legendary box at level 50 (800 shards in belgium, presumably).

All in all a big improvement over season 1 IMO, and lots of new content coming to the game today as well.

There's also new twitch prime loot with a gloriously hideous Wattson skin featuring Unicorns.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
The gun skins are still pretty bad but at least there's more substantial rewards and the legendaries are pretty good.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better than season 1, but still a little underwhelming. They're on the right track.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks good. The loading screen and music stuff is still filler, but at least it's kinda cool and I'll actually engage with them. I'll be buying my pass with boost later today.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I barely played season 1 because the pass was so shitty. This looks a lot more solid, but probably still not enough to make me play solo.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
we shouldnt compare ourself with others, same with games
giphy.gif

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Much better than the last season pass, but still not amazing. Anyone know if Lifeline gets some cool new skins?

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
why compare the battlepass of apex with fortnite when each should be it's own thing and when fortnite was out for way longer and have a much bigger team?
Because Fortnite and Apex are both competing for people's time and money? It's perfectly reasonable for people to compare the two. If we didn't, we would end up with the same thing we got for season 1.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Feels far more rewarding than the first already and well worth the ÂŁ9 or so for me. It's not amazing still but it seems to be a huge improvement on the first.

Looking forward to sinking more hours in, still my favourite BR and go-to shooter.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The battle pass rewards are cool and all. But missing new maps is the absolutely mood killer for me

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so you can only level up your battle pass by completing challenges now? Like in Fortnite? There's no more xp?

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I bought it, there are a lot of changes this season. Kinda relearning the map a bit and figuring out what all these new hopups/attachments do.

I like the loading screens for sure.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Apex devs are going to be under constant crunch to make these seasons substantial just like Fortnite devs.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Oh weird I guess the XP level up bar is just hidden in Challenges this season....

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Wait so you can only level up your battle pass by completing challenges now? Like in Fortnite? There's no more xp?

Not sure about Apex but in Fortnite you need 10 stars to level up your pass, gaining xp and raising your season level grants 2 stars per level 5 on every 5th level.

But challenges give 5 or 10 stars.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the art style completely changing to look like the trailer? I hope so. Looks cool cell shaded or whatever it's called

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, they are pretty significant. But I would not go around expecting new maps in BR games. That happens about as often as MOBAS get new maps. It's not a big part of the formula for what the genre is popular.
I strongly dislike it, first it's assymetrical so special map balancing is non integral. A huge part of the fun comes from not knowing how you'll have to approach a situation. Which is why more maps are necessary (to me). I don't think they are really comparable to mobas because mobas are very very structured, while BR games are pretty much the opposite.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Partly, but one of the ongoing challenges is earning XP to get BP levels, which has a bunch of tiers. For example, the first tier of that challenge gets you a Battle Pass level for earning 9000 XP.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I strongly dislike it, first it's assymetrical so special map balancing is non integral. A huge part of the fun comes from not knowing how you'll have to approach a situation. Which is why more maps are necessary (to me). I don't think they are really comparable to mobas because mobas are very very structured, while BR games are pretty much the opposite.
and yet the genre has risen to become *the most popular* online multiplayer gaming genre explicitly because of this formula.

because as it turns out -- much like MOBA games -- every time you play the game unfolds differently, regardless of map familiarity. Like in MOBAS, map familiarity simply provides you the opportunity to improve on approach and strategy from encounter to encounter.

also, most of the MOBA experience is decidedly *not* structured. fights happen anywhere and everywhere, and for any reason. As such, familiarity with and experience in a given location is essential. Just like BR games.

Nobody is complaining that Fortnite has 1 map or that PubG has like 2 maps. Because there are enough nuances to learn. I guarantee you don't know everything that you could know or taken advantage of every aspect of Apex, Fortnite or any other BR game.

Hell, you didn't even know that the map had changed, which has been a point of discussion for 2 weeks now. I've little reason to believe you actual play these games at all.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
and yet the genre has risen to become *the most popular* online multiplayer gaming genre explicitly because of this formula.

because as it turns out -- much like MOBA games -- every time you play the game unfolds differently, regardless of map familiarity. Like in MOBAS, map familiarity simply provides you the opportunity to improve on approach and strategy from encounter to encounter.

also, most of the MOBA experience is decidedly *not* structured. fights happen anywhere and everywhere, and for any reason. As such, familiarity with and experience in a given location is essential. Just like BR games.

Nobody is complaining that Fortnite has 1 map or that PubG has like 2 maps. Because there are enough nuances to learn. I guarantee you don't know everything that you could know or taken advantage of every aspect of Apex, Fortnite or any other.

Hell, you didn't even know that the map had changed, which has been a point of discussion for 2 weeks now. I've little reason to believe you actual play these games at all.
PUBG has three maps and people complain all the time lol. They want variants, and more maps.

Please go look at my steam profile lol. I have a lot of hours of PUBG, and was probably playing BR in arma before you were even interested in the genre. That's rediculous you would state that. BR because of the reason you stated, has even more reason to make maps, because it adds to the variety which is the point.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
2019 and we've reached the point where loading screens are actually being marketed as content.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
2019 and we've reached the point where loading screens are actually being marketed as content.

I mean I get your cynical position but art has value.

I think the season pass looks a lot better than season one's and if this level of content means they are not crunching that would be great to know too.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Learnt my lesson even with less time required for this one I can't commit so much time on one game alone so gonna pass on this battle pass, got my fill with the first I'll play this game when I want and feel like it