• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Half of the fun of some Battle Passes are the fun challenges you have to do to level up, this makes my worry it's a XP Grind pass.

I get where you're coming from, but I hate how the challenges make some teammates play a certain way that makes us less likely to win just for the sake of the Battle Pass. Like a teammate that's shite at SMGs, but needs to get his SMG kills in so they only use that weapon for those kills. I like that with this Apex model (assuming it's just the XP grind) you don't have any of that. It's not effecting the way people play, so everyone is still playing to win, so to speak.

I do see where people could burn out over time without some little mini-goals to focus on à la challenges, but I think I prefer this way overall.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Wouldn't people rather just play the game to unlock content instead of "get 50 kills with the Mozambique" or "Drop into Skulltown 100 times"?

I know I'd rather not have teammates fucking about doing stupid challenges.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
sCfqkqf.png

ow

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't played many BR Games, can someone explain to me how long each season lasts? Do I level up the normal way just by playing?

Im up to 51 on Apex. Would it make more sense to buy the battle bundle or pass near the end of the season so I know which rewards Im getting (plus get the additional 25 levels when its harder to level up)?

Its all a little confusing.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hated the FortNite challenges BTW.

Thought it was annoying as fuck having to play the game like a moron to check some boxes.

I vastly prefer being able to play how I want.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
fans: wow this game is so good. i would love to give you guys money
apex legends: uhhh lifeline found some orange paint. mirage likes to eat dirt. fuck you

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
As someone who hasn't played many BR Games, can someone explain to me how long each season lasts? Do I level up the normal way just by playing?

Im up to 51 on Apex. Would it make more sense to buy the battle bundle or pass near the end of the season so I know which rewards Im getting (plus get the additional 25 levels when its harder to level up)?

Its all a little confusing.

I got you.

If similar to Fortnite, each season is about 3 months. Your Battle Pass level is a system separate from your regular level, the Battle pAss level starts at 0 and you need to hit 100 to unlock everything. It usually moves quicker than your regular level, though. So you'll want to buy right away, and you'll need to play a lot to hit 100, or buy the 25 level boost.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Awesome! I was kinda trying to get to level 100 before the Battle Pass came out but The Division II life got in the way. Hit 78 last night so I needed another 10 days or so.

I am loving this game, got a couple wins last night with randoms.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
vince: okay team we're finally announcing the pass tomorrow. big day. and i know it's been painful seeing people upset waiting, but as soon as the players start getting riled up and happy posting their new gun and legend skins it'll all have been worth it. see ya then! (leaves)

artists: wait did he say LEGENDS skins

artists:

artists:

artists: (dashes to photoshop, hastily opens three texture files and draws squiggles on the faces) uh fuckkk fuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
More so than an actual XP grind you can do in literally any game nowadays? Yeah, no.
The difference is one requires you to go out of your way and grind the challenges however annoying they are to complete while the other is literally just "Play the game as you normally do" and you'll level up. Also, the time limit on Fortnite's pass forces you to wait every week to continue completing challenges.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
There's oddly nothing more disappointing than wanting to spend money on a game and getting sub-par shit out of it. Re-skins, poor character skins, boring and thoughtless stat trackers, coins and xp, and no crafting mats.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I got you.

If similar to Fortnite, each season is about 3 months. Your Battle Pass level is a system separate from your regular level, the Battle pAss level starts at 0 and you need to hit 100 to unlock everything. It usually moves quicker than your regular level, though. So you'll want to buy right away, and you'll need to play a lot to hit 100, or buy the 25 level boost.
Thanks, and that makes sense. 3 months is totally doable vs. one month or 6 weeks.

Plus, they'll have double XP weekends probably?

I heard fortnite does challenges and that doesnt sound great. It influences how people play vs. just playing normally

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I got you.

You get BP levels no matter you buy it or not, incentives of getting BP earlier is XP boosts which you won't get until you buy the BP

I never had no problem hitting level 100 in Fortnite BP.. and I played less than one hour a day

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
It's not your current level, it's battle pass level. You have to gain all 100 levels within the season. Two leveling systems basically.

Oh, it was a little confusing reading the FAQ.

So even if I don't buy the battle pass I am technically ranking it up by playing during season1, but I won't get any content until I buy the battle pass, right?

EDIT:

Welp post above mine cleared it up.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God dammit that was my joke! lol

vince: okay team we're finally announcing the pass tomorrow. big day. and i know it's been painful seeing people upset waiting, but as soon as the players start getting riled up and happy posting their new gun and legend skins it'll all have been worth it. see ya then! (leaves)

artists: wait did he say LEGENDS skins

artists:

artists:

artists: (dashes to photoshop, hastily opens three texture files and draws squiggles on the faces) uh fuckkk fuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk
You are killing me with these posts lol

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible battlepass. They should be showering you with loot boxes if they're not offering any worthwhile skins. And the stat trackers... Jesus

The constant nudging to spend money

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I'll buy it just to support the game, I was about to buy the cheapest currency pack they sell, just to give them a few bucks because they made a fun game. I'm generous like that.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look very good IMO. The skins look terrible, and nothing is really "Blow your mind" exciting. Hell, they included 7 skins for those loot-robots as filler.

I don't think those are skins. Aren't they loot boxes? I assume the purple one will only drop epics and the orange will only drop legendaries.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already well over level 100. Am I understanding correctly that when I buy this, everything will unlock for me immediately?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I guess I don't understand how they were caught with their pants down with this battle pass.

Everything from how long it took to launch, to the quality of rewards that you can unlock. It just seems kinda lackluster and put together quickly.

How did they botch this when the entire game is built around monetization?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Really lame rewards in the battle pass. If they wanted to compete with fortnite this ain't it.

They really needed to nail this too.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... are there not unique challenges and stuff to progress your season level? Doesn't say anything about that unless I just missed it.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If there was a "spend more to get Octane + Battle Pass" bundle that'd make a lot more sense than getting 25 levels.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
That's impressive. I played a ton of Fortnite last season and barely hit 100.

I did play a ton as well :) one hour every day for 3 months was honestly a lot of time! just it didn't feel like a tedious grind...

now.. to get both BP to level 100 will be far more challenging.. .don't think I'll have the time and energy for that :( ..happy to support respawn for Season 1 though.. not sure about the next one..

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People forgot how bad the first 2 seasons pass of fortnite was.

Also Fortnite challenges where basically a chores.

Im okay with this first battle pass, i expect it to change a lot in the second season.

Also they clearly said Legends will not come with battlepass, they will be either free or to buy (it's EA, so im expecting 1 free champion for 4 paid one.)

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
People forgot how bad the first 2 seasons pass of fortnite was.

Also Fortnite challenges where basically a chores.

Im okay with this first battle pass, i expect it to change a lot in the second season.

Also they clearly said Legends will not come with battlepass, they will be either free or to buy (it's EA, so im expecting 1 free champion for 4 paid one.)

First battle pass had the black knight. Which is very highly coveted (i have it!), of course they will get better. Respawn probably needs more artists.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yea, it's like Fornite released 2 years ago or something.

Like it or not, Fortnite BR is currently the high bar for battlepass quality.

Yes, Apex is a brand-new BR game but if they want to charge $10 for their battlepass, it's fair to compare them to the competition.

Full disclosure: I'm a big fan of AL and I"m probably buying the pass as soon as it's available tomorrow.