• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
First person games inherently have a harder time with battle passes imo. The existence of lootboxes as part of the battle pass also hurts it for me. Though it does seem if you buy in and complete the pass, you will be able to buy the next one. So that's good.

But yea. There's a reason why the battle passes for pubg and cod haven't been nearly as successful as Fortnite's. The perspective and art style/tone limit the additions, Apex has only one of those problems at least.

Agree on this.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I assume it'll get better as time goes on. I don't think they expected the game to get so massive and in a short amount of time it takes a lot of work to get this kind of thing going.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
An example of eight rewards. This is level 87-94, so right at the top end of the pass. This looks terrible.

exk7OHy.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed by this.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well those rewards fucking suck. 1 set of legend skins? Wheres the new takedown animations, banner poses? Boring weapon skins.
Early impressions but not worth the wait at all.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The rewards are weak, that's for sure , but getting premium currency a la Fortnite is exactly what I wanted to see.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm still interested, but ...

The rewards don't look that great, TBH. At least you can make your coins back by playing.

It doesn't look like Octane is part of the pass? When does he release?

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
I'm going to buy this pass and (maybe) get to 100 in hopes that any subsequent battle passes are higher in quality. Very dissapointed with the quality of rewards.

edit: yall I don't think that the 'skins' for the loot ticks are skins, but rather different quality lootboxes.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Disappointing. Weak skins and now weak cosmetics for the battlepass. Look at those garbage backgrounds for the later levels, just trash.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to do something about their cosmetics, those are pretty awful.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
An example of eight rewards. This is level 87-94, so right at the top end of the pass. This looks terrible.

exk7OHy.jpg
Awful. They need to hire new cosmetic designers for skins and the like.

I have the majority of the cosmetics and the heirloom, and have enough gold for another 100 boxes. That's on cosmetics that barely register or appeal. They're hamstringing themselves by continuing to produce low quality stuff.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Almost as expected, that's pretty bad, if only because they spread cheap crappy stuff out for all the different characters. So you earn the same things over and over.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
20 of the rewards being badges for "I got to level X of the battlepass!" is kind of ridiculous.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
So they have the perfect thing to mimic and only improve on, the fortnite battlepass, and still fumbled the fuck out of it? This is extremely weak

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Pass looks okay. Getting currency is nice. Fortnite has an advantage with these due to being able to offer many different player models, skins, gliders, axes, etc. I'll do the first season at least.