• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sourcing myself until EA releases the transcript later-

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn, with 0 marketing leading up to launch too.

Respawn deserve the success and maybe they can expand to be able to do TF3, support apex and Star Wars concurrently.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Yep. It was also mentioned that the number is heading towards 3m. No specific details on how close to 3m it is, though.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Wow that's a huge launch.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more games like this in the future, and more companies going in this direction.

Battle royale has much room to grow, and we're also getting AAA quality games for free? Brilliant.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Great launch. Legs are required though, let's see these numbers the coming months. Wish Respawn the best.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Brilliant execution. Had this been announced months ago a tidal wave of EA hate for loot box monetezation would have deflated any momentum the game might have. Now the game is out and the only thing to evaluate is the game on its own merits. This was a gamble and it seems to have paid off well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Deserved, the only other BR besides Fortnite that I've really liked, can see me playing this for awhile.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It would be great if I could play it.

I literally cannot aim (PC), it just won't move. I can navigate all the menus, but in the game itself, my cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen.

I have restarted the game, my pc, reset every single setting to default, and even re-installed the game. Zero luck. I'm incredibly frustrated.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed that this game isn't quite what I wanted, but very very pleased that Respawn are finally getting some much deserved success.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Damn Hope they'll nail the post launch support. The long term success is all depends on it

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Really hope this helps Respawn. Great developers with mich talent. Would be sad to see them close down just because of 1 game (TF2).

Edit: Game is fun btw, and I'm not much of a BR player

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Ninja has been streaming too. That's going to help tons.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This game plays amazing. I did dreams for titans etc but I'll let respawn off as there is just so many amazing little touches. Amazing game. Already been a champion getting the last two kills.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
That's amazing.

Hopefully, they have some nice plans for this game, like other modes and etc.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
No surprise, I just joined a match and it quickly popped up saying "994 players in queue" before disappearing

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Respawn deserves the crown. This is the most fun shooter I played since Modern Warfare 2 and I don't know how long I've been waiting to say that, sadly I didn't enjoy the Titan gameplay even though I enjoyed a lot in TF1.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
That's very Impressive, respawn were always great but now they have the spotlight they deserve.

methodiczero

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Its a great game and they deserve some success after what happened to poor TF2. I'm really liking this game and i did NOT expect that at all!

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Opportunities to take the game in different directions. Esports will be part of that. New game modes, legends etc...

Can't wait, I enjoy the game but not too much into battle royale - I love alternative modes

It also features a very diverse cast and I can't see any sort of sexualization in it. Perfect.

Looking at mobile ver. and crossplay

Boi boi boi

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear!

This is the first BR game that I really enjoy.

Excellent gunplay from TF and movement/traversal (sliding, climbing) is awesome. It feels good and looks good. And you can not only ping locations but loot and enemies - so simple and yet it already feels like it's doing everything better than any other BR game. You just notice that they put a ton of thought into every detail. I assume that this will surpass every other BR game (except Fortnite).

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy, especially with how sudden and out of the blue the launch of this game was. Imagine what those numbers would be if they were hyping it a bit before?

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded this yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it yet. So +1 to that 2.5 million at some point. Game looks fun, glad to see Respawn with a hit.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
That sudden launch paid off + the game being actually fun and good

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Respawn is just showing they are one of the best when it comes to FPS. Their games have always been top notch and propelled the genre.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So good to hear. It came out of nowhere to become the most polished BR game out there that isn't called Fortnite. It plays like an absolute dream, looks gorgeous, and runs at 60fps on PS4. It's a miracle how so many BR games come out and keep making PUBG look worse and worse.