• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I've been grinding the 50 wins too and it's been pretty rough.

Had a few matches today where we were put up against full teams with the 100 streak badges. Pred, 100 streak, 20 bomb, and between 5 and 10,000 kills in arenas each. Like Jeez.

Meanwhile, on my end it's like the guy on our team has literally just dropped out of the tutorial. Quite literally sometimes we get a level 1 lifeline. One of them yesterday hit 14 damage across SEVEN rounds.

Still, it's not hard to get the wins... it's just annoying mostly. I don't really love arenas, and the matchmaking is so messed up that it makes it hard to get good matches much of the time.

Genuinely believe that the game feeds you level 4s and that when duo queueing for arenas. It's really really bizarre. Triple stacking it is alright, but then you are usually facing great players which I suppose is fair, but it isn't exactly fun when they have those kinds of badges and kills for arenas lol. It justs becomes a poking match to see who runs outta meds.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Apex_Legends_20210709214208.png

Got to Pred. Currently #717 in ranking. Now I just need to hold it for the rest of the split.... so a couple more thousand RP at least.

Also here is a 1v3 in these lobbies. :)

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Grinding 50 Arenas wins has taught me to love the 30-30 repeater. The trick with it is to ignore the charge gimmick after firing your first shot. It's quite powerful even without the charge.
Same. Been my favorite arena gun overall.

Right before Valkyrie dropped I started getting fairly frequent prediction error messages on PS4. Hoping new season fixes it but doubt it. Maybe my modem is getting old, dunno.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Decided to reinstall BF1, HOLYSHIT the sound in this game is on point, no one caught me off guard, i heard all footsteps, then i played Apex first game a Bloodhound uses ult 30meters in front of me and no sound, just saw the visual lol, after playing 2 hours with friends, countless time sound vanish, one day Apex will leave beta, one day..

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
There's this annual competition in my city where companies have teams for a bunch of sports/physical-activities but last year they added a bunch of video games because of covid. This year the outdoor sports are back but they've decided to keep the video games and they're expanding to include Apex.

I'm signed up for my company's apex team lol. I'm nervous…

Last edited:

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
I reallly hate these two maps. Who thought it would be a good idea to use version 1.0 of something? They're both so boring and poorly designed. There's so much empty space with no cover.

Also managed to unlock all the event stuff without playing 1 god damn game of Arena. Fuck Arenas.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I reallly hate these two maps. Who thought it would be a good idea to use version 1.0 of something? They're both so boring and poorly designed. There's so much empty space with no cover.

Also managed to unlock all the event stuff without playing 1 god damn game of Arena. Fuck Arenas.
I'd like the current version of World's Edge without Harvester and the lava split in Fragment, then current Kings Canyon with Skulltown. Overall though it does make me appreciate more the changes made over the seasons.

I'm also done without any Arenas played, I didn't really care since nothing in the tracker was interesting to me, but I thought it was gonna take lot more work to finish it without Arenas.

Lost two ranked games today because my team was too kill thirsty and chased enemies rather than hunker down when we had perfect placement for the final circles, I hope I get more strategic players once I hit Platinum.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like the current version of World's Edge without Harvester and the lava split in Fragment, then current Kings Canyon with Skulltown. Overall though it does make me appreciate more the changes made over the seasons.

I'm also done without any Arenas played, I didn't really care since nothing in the tracker was interesting to me, but I thought it was gonna take lot more work to finish it without Arenas.

Lost two ranked games today because my team was too kill thirsty and chased enemies rather than hunker down when we had perfect placement for the final circles, I hope I get more strategic players once I hit Platinum.

Nope. Plat is basically another 4 tiers of gold

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Been on an involuntary break for a couple of days, thanks to error:wheel and error:leaf. Literally can't play longer than 45 seconds before being kicked.

Well, time to try new things I guess haha

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I play this game on and off since it was released, but I'm entering another off phase for now, just uninstalled. There is too much FOMO in the game for me and it becomes a huge time sink. Battle pass, events, arenas-specific tasks... Half of the unranked matches are a complete waste of time because the matchmaking doesn't put you in a full squad, or when you do get a full squad the jumpmaster decides to hot drop and the game is over within minutes...

I tried playing ranked as well, but between getting laser'd by level 10 tier iv bronze players (usually smurfs I guess) and most of the time getting matchmade with at least one person who seems completely new to the game, it's just too much of a slog to climb up...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Played 7 games tonight all 7 had blatant hackers i spectated and reported, this game is in a sad state....developer promises shit and does nothing...

EDIT: also feel like since Savetitanfall hack happen the hacking in this game has gotten worse..
The great thing about playing a regular shooter on clan servers hacking scums get banned quickly, today i was play some more BF1, hacker had his fun for 2 mins before he got sent packing...

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Latin american servers have been absolutely awful. It's unacceptable to have to log to 140+ ping servers in the US just to avoid constant disconnects because the 60 ping Brazil servers are broken.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
It sure ain't a Much clip but I'm happy with this 1 v 3 because I'm an old man and I take small victories these days. I swear it was Pred trails that dropped too.

(last guy should have had me times a million)

I'm 20 RP away from D3, hopefully I can hit it as a solo queue.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017

Narrator: it does not get better

bry

Oct 27, 2017
i know arenas isn't too popular with people but i dont mind when my teammates are too bad as long as the other team is manageable for me.
the satisfaction i get from wrecking the other team after being tbagged by them bc they got cocky and watching members of the team ragequit by sudden death round is too good😭

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This was against a full masters squad that were holding ring early in this arenas game.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Great, my two teammates quitted during an Arena match so I left the match too. I got penalized for it.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Great, my two teammates quitted during an Arena match so I left the match too. I got penalized for it.

When you quit it will have said that you might be penalised and you have to confirm to exit.

If you wait a little bit after they leave that prompt will disappear and then you can quit without penalty.

It's annoying but yeah, that's how it works. Don't quit if it says 'you will be penalised if you quit' or something like that.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
It sure ain't a Much clip but I'm happy with this 1 v 3 because I'm an old man and I take small victories these days. I swear it was Pred trails that dropped too.

Narrator: He did not hit D3

Its just brutal with solo queue, Im on a 970 and my frames dip to sub 60 pretty often and it hurts me in the more wide open spaces on the map, but mostly its just the crapshoot of teammates - i know i need to get a little better to overcome and carry more, though

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, Prowler going ground loot and Spitfire goes to the care package.
Is this confirmed? Because if it is I would be so happy. I've missed the Prowler. It was hands down my favorite SMG. Hopefully it would come with the Select Fire already attached. Spitfire I don't really care about going into the care package at all, even though I still think people overreact to it.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they should stop selling a game that can't actually be played.
Look, I've been critical of Respawn and EA more than a lot of people in this thread but pulling that shit on a holiday weekend was shitty and childish. Making devs work on their time off because an old ass game is riddled with hackers is shitty, full stop.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Look, I've been critical of Respawn and EA more than a lot of people in this thread but pulling that shit on a holiday weekend was shitty and childish. Making devs work on their time off because an old ass game is riddled with hackers is shitty, full stop.

EA selling a game for months plagued with these issues and not putting resources into curbing it or stopping the sale of the software full stop was shitty and childish. The devs having to do OT are innocent here, but let's not act like this wasn't an untenable situation long before hackers shined a spotlight on it.

I'm also incredulous that this led to a delay in cross progression given that we're on season 9 now and cross progression still isn't a thing.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
So I have a serious issue lately and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution on the Xbox....

I used to hit the R stick down alot during upclose fights and accidentally melee instead of continuing to shoot my weapon. It caused me a countless number of deaths. So I mapped Melee to another button that I knew I couldn't hit and all was solved.

Now they've got emoting on the R stick and I'm now fucking EMOTING during a damn gunfight by accidentally pushing down on the R stick. I looked at what's left to map to the R stick and it would all be too life changing to swap out.

So my question is - is there a way to disable emoting completely or disable the R stick from pressing down?

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
So I have a serious issue lately and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution on the Xbox....

I used to hit the R stick down alot during upclose fights and accidentally melee instead of continuing to shoot my weapon. It caused me a countless number of deaths. So I mapped Melee to another button that I knew I couldn't hit and all was solved.

Now they've got emoting on the R stick and I'm now fucking EMOTING during a damn gunfight by accidentally pushing down on the R stick. I looked at what's left to map to the R stick and it would all be too life changing to swap out.

So my question is - is there a way to disable emoting completely or disable the R stick from pressing down?

For what it's worth, when I still played I had pressing the right stick in mapped to "slide/crouch" since 1) I find it more intuitive and 2) I'd also sometimes punch by mistake with the default controller setting.

If there's a way to make pressing the right stick in not trigger an action, I'd assume it'd be in the control settings where I think there's a way to map each individual button a specific purpose. Maybe there's an option there to just map a button to do nothing at all?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
For what it's worth, when I still played I had pressing the right stick in mapped to "slide/crouch" since 1) I find it more intuitive and 2) I'd also sometimes punch by mistake with the default controller setting.

If there's a way to make pressing the right stick in not trigger an action, I'd assume it'd be in the control settings where I think there's a way to map each individual button a specific purpose. Maybe there's an option there to just map a button to do nothing at all?

I'm going to look in the menus again but thank you I'll try mapping crouch. I really wish there was a way to disable the right stick pressing down completely.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Yup, I did this setting as well.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

Damn, that was impressive! Almost looked like you were using the Battle Rifle from Halo haha. GG.

Much

Feb 24, 2018

Dude you absolutely washed those guys, holy poop. I thought the Hemlok hipfire nerf was pretty bad, but it came in clutch here, god damn. Good job! :D

On another note, just reached #612 pred and I'm enjoying the lobbies right now for the most part. But what in god's name am I witnessing here... holy fuck:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
EA selling a game for months plagued with these issues and not putting resources into curbing it or stopping the sale of the software full stop was shitty and childish. The devs having to do OT are innocent here, but let's not act like this wasn't an untenable situation long before hackers shined a spotlight on it.

I'm also incredulous that this led to a delay in cross progression given that we're on season 9 now and cross progression still isn't a thing.
I'm not saying they were innocent here, but a holiday weekend is the part that was really shitty. Like I said, I have a bunch of issues with Respawn and EA, but to pull folks away from their family over it isn't cool. Literally could've waited one day and i wouldn't have an issue with it.

Did the devs seriously blame the lack of cross progression on hackers?
Yeah, one dev did and another one of them co-signed it.

Which is funny considering this article: "Respawn Has '1-2' People Working On A [Titanfall] Security Fix"

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the work going into Apex is just ongoing hacking issues that are unrelated to the state of Titanfall. Pro players were already protesting Apex because of rampant DDOSing that was going on in ranked that were unrelated to Titanfall entirely.
Jesus Christ I missed that, what the hell. Considering how they said cross progression is a "complicated issue", you'd think there'd be more than one or two people working on it. Based on the dev tweet about those resources being pulled away to work on the Titanfall stuff, that doesn't seem to be the case. What the fuck Respawn?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Seen a new type of hack just now in duos, got a Kraber, down 1, the second player down my friend right next to me, I down him with my Kraber, and he instant res, used his Golden KD shield in 1 second, saw it through my Kraber scope, the first one was still down in the open with blue KD shield..these are the types of sneaky cunt hackers who stay off the radar..

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I went to try and play the game but the only modes available are Ranked and Arenas. What happened to the Standard BR? It just looks grayed out for me.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I went to try and play the game but the only modes available are Ranked and Arenas. What happened to the Standard BR? It just looks grayed out for me.

It's down for everyone I think. Another event, another round of server problems. Like clockwork.

I really like the Rampart skin but I don't think I want to play even more Apex after playing a ton over the last two weeks because I really enjoyed playing the old maps again. The joys of FOMO, I don't even play Rampart!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

I was soooo desperate to get just one more hit on the Horizon that I found myself in much hotter water, but I guess it turned out OK. There is some terrible aim on my part on display in this video, just a fair warning.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of last season where I hit Diamond and stopped, I'm actually trying these ranked lobbies out for the first time since I can't go any lower than Diamond IV, so whyyyyyy not. What a way to get humbled when I thought I was any good at all, lol. Getting stomped hard, but that's to be expected when on average I see what feels like at least ten Master trails falling from the sky. It really is immediately a different world: terrifying, but fun (because I haven't made any real progress, so RP loss doesn't matter)!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Instead of last season where I hit Diamond and stopped, I'm actually trying these ranked lobbies out for the first time since I can't go any lower than Diamond IV, so whyyyyyy not. What a way to get humbled when I thought I was any good at all, lol. Getting stomped hard, but that's to be expected when on average I see what feels like at least ten Master trails falling from the sky. It really is immediately a different world: terrifying, but fun (because I haven't made any real progress, so RP loss doesn't matter)!
Solo queueing to Diamond is an impressive feat in my opinion. I'm pretty sure you could probably progress through Diamond too with a proper team.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Got the same super sweats again yesterday. Octane is apparently the first Arenas player to hit 3k wins.

Apex-Legends-20210713230819.png

And now here's footage of a 30 year old man with 300 Arenas games played VS Octane + Valk with 5k Arenas wins combined.

Doesn't get better then that. :)

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Got the same super sweats again yesterday. Octane is apparently the first Arenas player to hit 3k wins.

Apex-Legends-20210713230819.png

And now here's footage of a 30 year old man with 300 Arenas games played VS Octane + Valk with 5k Arenas wins combined.

Doesn't get better then that. :)

Did you beat them? I've played against these guys maybe 10 times. They have lots of very specific strats for arenas that I never see from other players.

On thermal station the valk flies top and holds there, gibby pushes in and bubbles you to fight, valk will drop randomly into bubble behind you if you engage to bub fight.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Did you beat them? I've played against these guys maybe 10 times. They have lots of very specific strats for arenas that I never see from other players.

On thermal station the valk flies top and holds there, gibby pushes in and bubbles you to fight, valk will drop randomly into bubble behind you if you engage to bub fight.

In the clip I posted my teammates just barely won a 2vs1 so no, we didn't win... They almost certainly play Arenas together for 10 hours per day and know what they're doing. Which is why I feel I might as well retire from the game after winning that 1vs2. :')

The first time I fought them they had a Crypto instead of the Gibby and they did some crazy EMP pushes... Got closer to winning that one, with randoms. :')

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
In the clip I posted my teammates just barely won a 2vs1 so no, we didn't win... They almost certainly play Arenas together for 10 hours per day and know what they're doing. Which is why I feel I might as well retire from the game after winning that 1vs2. :')

Makes sense. We managed to beat them a couple of times because they seem quite rigid with how they play each map. So we managed to figure out what they'd do and take a few rounds for free (for instance on thermal the gibby was always taking right side bin alone while the other player pushes mid and the valk flies top).

But they've beaten us like 8 times out of 10 and generally seem like pretty good players on the whole.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense. We managed to beat them a couple of times because they seem quite rigid with how they play each map. So we managed to figure out what they'd do and take a few rounds for free (for instance on thermal the gibby was always taking right side bin alone while the other player pushes mid and the valk flies top).

But they've beaten us like 8 times out of 10 and generally seem like pretty good players on the whole.

Damn, impressive. I know one kid that's not too far behind them on leaderboards that has a 95% arenas win rate and apparently solos a lot, so those three probably do not lose much and are winning something like 97-98%.