• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Damn. And you're still solo queuing?

Amazingly well done either way.

Not anymore. I solo queued some of this split, but also queued with other people like GungJoe who posts in here too. As for when you hit Masters/Pred, solo queueing is very tricky - you need a good consistent team if you want to rack up points.

Still, solo queueing parts of Diamond this split felt pretty fun and didn't seem as difficult compared to last season.

GalaxyPixel

Jun 21, 2021
Is this your first m+k FPS? If so, it's just going to be a matter of putting the time in.

Try lowering your sensitivity and increasing your FOV. Also, bind heals to dedicated keys (one of my favorite PC-only features).

You could also just plug your controller in, plenty of high-level PC players use controller.
No I already play Valorant and other FPS on PC. I honestly hadn't even thought of plugging in my controller. I might try that if the other things you suggested don't seem to work out well.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
tfw you lose your last fight of the match bc both ur guns ran out of ammo 😭 had him skinned and he went for the armor swap on my dead teammate and finished me rip

still had some solid wins today tho

can't tell if that one dude was using a strike pack or what i don't think i've ran across too many people with a trigger finger like that lmfao

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, the popular manga/anime, is currently in the middle of a full blown Apex Legends sub-plot. Baby Wraith gets her first kill and win.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
Not anymore. I solo queued some of this split, but also queued with other people like GungJoe who posts in here too. As for when you hit Masters/Pred, solo queueing is very tricky - you need a good consistent team if you want to rack up points.

Still, solo queueing parts of Diamond this split felt pretty fun and didn't seem as difficult compared to last season.

I can imagine. I solo queued to Diamond a few times and I thought that was a hell of a grind without a squad.

Basically, pred now. Tracker says I'm #743. :)

Congratulations!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I was a big Apex fan for a while but I think I'm stepping back in this latest season. Just not feeling tying so much to Arenas and the rewards for the pass are sort of weak.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
For the guys having their worst season so far, have you tried playing ranked? The quality of games are just better. You don't have teammates that leave is the biggest one for me. Also Bronze & Silver are pretty easy to get through compared to pubs.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Whats the RP number on that, approximately?

Just wondering how much over that 10,000 you need to enter Pred territory

By the end of the split you usually need about 17,000.

It depends on platform, on XBOX it's much lower because there are far fewer players.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Apex_Legends_20210707152225.png

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Coming back to the game after almost a month without playing it. There's no chance I'll finish the battle pass but whatever. At least I have to coins for the next one.

Man, I am sucking so much compared to before. I didn't know about the event so when I started playing was very confused about the maps too lol

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Getting to the last few squads with good positioning and high ground? Nice.
Teammates deciding to leave the covered area and high ground, run off in opposite directions without any verbal or ping comms and dying? Not so nice.
Pulling off the win solo, though? Almost glad the dead weight made me carry them.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
By the end of the split you usually need about 17,000.

It depends on platform, on XBOX it's much lower because there are far fewer players.

Interesting, 17,000 is higher than I would have guessed

Doesn't matter for me this season, I'll be lucky to hit Master with the time I have to play right now

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to the game after almost a month without playing it. There's no chance I'll finish the battle pass but whatever. At least I have to coins for the next one.

Man, I am sucking so much compared to before. I didn't know about the event so when I started playing was very confused about the maps too lol

You have until August 3rd. Plus with so many weekly challenges to do, you can absolutely bang out the pass by playing an hour or two a night.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Worst season so far imo. Almost giving up on this game.

Arenas was a mistake. These flashback maps suck (Skulltown is fun and some elements of Worlds Edge are better but they are loot sparse and fights dry up very quickly because the maps lack pois of interest which were added later).

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I think they know they're going to lose just about every streamer if they don't get ranked arenas and a team deathmatch mode into arenas to begin S10. The general player base is going to need a new map by s11 but will be bought off with a new legend/weapon and some minor changes to the maps that already exist for now.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I think they know they're going to lose just about every streamer if they don't get ranked arenas and a team deathmatch mode into arenas to begin S10. The general player base is going to need a new map by s11 but will be bought off with a new legend/weapon and some minor changes to the maps that already exist for now.

As much as I love TDM, is TDM really a big driver for views/streaming? I always assumed TDM was not as exciting to watch as a battle royale, which has an inherent appeal in watching someone overcome the odds of survival and higher stakes if someone goes down vs TDM. As much as I don't care to play BRs, even I find them more appealing to watch (although not as appealing to play).

Ranked arenas, I agree.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think streamers liked arena? A lot of the impressions I saw made it sound like people saying they'd rather play Valorant for that kind of game mode.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I am still under the impression Lifeline lost her Rez shield because of Arenas, Respawn not wanting to split balance both modes they just nerf Lifeline, Lifeline with her Rez shield in Arenas would be broken AF, but it was perfectly fine in BR, learn to split the balance your game, or get rid of Arenas..

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Arenas needs either the rumored objective mode or pure TDM, this elimination shit just isn't compelling enough and has way too much downtime for what it is.

That said, the new map looks intriguing at least, and I'm glad that they're doing a lane-based map instead of another circlefest.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
As much as I love TDM, is TDM really a big driver for views/streaming? I always assumed TDM was not as exciting to watch as a battle royale, which has an inherent appeal in watching someone overcome the odds of survival and higher stakes if someone goes down vs TDM. As much as I don't care to play BRs, even I find them more appealing to watch (although not as appealing to play).

Ranked arenas, I agree.

I combined a few of my thoughts there, the TDM was for the casuals, not the streamers. I think the whole cheater thing is going to be related to ranked arenas, not sure if they can figure it out fast enough.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
My educated guess would be that only the biggest streamers can quit Apex and move to something else and not even they would have a pleasant, smooth transition if Apex is all they are known for. Well, Aceu didn't need to keep playing Alex to make 100k a month I guess. The medium size streamers are stuck with Apex no matter how much they might hate it, streaming is a job for them and quitting what 90% of the viewers are there for would cut down their income drastically. If you have 150 viewers while playing the game you've been streaming daily, you're probably looking at 20 if you stream something different.

I don't see how Respawn could ever get rid of cheaters on PC. Cheats cost money and it's a lucrative business. No matter what anti cheat method Respawn comes out with, you'd think the people making bank of off cheats will quickly find a way to circumvent it.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
They need to revamp arenas. Not sure if TDM is the answer, but I'd be down to try that until they figure out how to make the current arenas implementation more intriguing. It's a snorefest to watch AND play. Also any news from that event today other than Ranked Arenas?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The shopping in Arenas breaks the pace of the game. It's as simple as that for me. That's the reason I don't like it.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
Not gonna lie. The Arena probably saved Apex for me. I vastly prefer it to the normal mode. The buying-phase in the Arena is a big improvement over the jumping, landing and looting-phase of the BR, both in terms of time wasted and general enjoyment, in my opinion.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I think the effort to implement existing POIs into Arenas is largely a failing one. I think that mode will be more worth something when they manage to get 5+ Arenas-made maps in there with actual deliberate map design meant for the mode; the upcoming one seems neat, not like the existing World's Edge one that's just a stupid circle. Hopefully they eventually cut all of those POI maps out.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Just wanna say thanks again to Addleburg and others for the responses before.

Had a Duos session last night with my boy, and straight off the bat I said "Let's play a game! How about we completely ignore challenges and just go for kills?" Not very subtle, but he said okay, and we rolled the classic Octane + Rev combo.

We had some fun games, including a win with 4 kills each. It felt great, and he seemed less frustrated/distracted than usual.

I won't force it, but I'll try this every so often and if I see results I'll point it out to him when the time is right.
So far, so good!

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Just wanna say thanks again to Addleburg and others for the responses before.

Had a Duos session last night with my boy, and straight off the bat I said "Let's play a game! How about we completely ignore challenges and just go for kills?" Not very subtle, but he said okay, and we rolled the classic Octane + Rev combo.

We had some fun games, including a win with 4 kills each. It felt great, and he seemed less frustrated/distracted than usual.

I won't force it, but I'll try this every so often and if I see results I'll point it out to him when the time is right.
So far, so good!

Nice! Glad to hear he was receptive to it and that you two had fun. Hopefully the positive experience will help reinforce him being more game to do this again in the future.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Hopefully, yeah. We were even running in the direction of gunfire with white shields. He seemed like a changed man, haha.

Also I hope he noticed that he went up about 2-3 levels that night without even looking at the challenges (supposedly).
We're already ahead of schedule for the BP, but even so he has a tendency to focus on it too much, so it was a good exercise I think.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Cant watch apex streams because dudes are always adhd with the heirlooms. Tried watching wig and the octane knife constantly flapping about and getting anim canceled made it a chore to watch

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You have until August 3rd. Plus with so many weekly challenges to do, you can absolutely bang out the pass by playing an hour or two a night.
Not to mention that the next event has three tracks that give out a total of 9 BP levels.

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/thrillseekers-event

Hey thanks! In any case, reaching level 66 for the music packs is what I am aiming for. I will probably get there anyway because I'm at 55 or something around that already.

I agree with the sentiment that the legacy maps don't work as well. King's Canyon is just either drop in Skulltown with 50+% of the server in an endless horde mode until the end of the match, or drop somewhere else with few fights in between. World's Edge at least as a prettier color palette but it's very meh.

But there is one main reason why I've been playing more Arenas than BR this week: damn server disconnects. 3/5 matches in BR give me a disconnect to the servers. Never had it so bad before. In Arenas the worst I've had it is being in a 1 v 3, but I just drop those matches.

Oct 25, 2017
Grinding 50 Arenas wins has taught me to love the 30-30 repeater. The trick with it is to ignore the charge gimmick after firing your first shot. It's quite powerful even without the charge.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've been grinding the 50 wins too and it's been pretty rough.

Had a few matches today where we were put up against full teams with the 100 streak badges. Pred, 100 streak, 20 bomb, and between 5 and 10,000 kills in arenas each. Like Jeez.

Meanwhile, on my end it's like the guy on our team has literally just dropped out of the tutorial. Quite literally sometimes we get a level 1 lifeline. One of them yesterday hit 14 damage across SEVEN rounds.

Still, it's not hard to get the wins... it's just annoying mostly. I don't really love arenas, and the matchmaking is so messed up that it makes it hard to get good matches much of the time.