• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Not with my EA Account but I once got my Battle.net account hacked and got banned from Diablo 3 as a result. Set up 2FA everywhere.

That sucks.

Yeah I thought I had it set up, but there are so many logins for so many clients nowadays I just plain forgot. Battlenet, Steam, Ubisoft, GOG, Epic Games, Rockstar. This was the one I thought I did but missed.

I'm just hoping they can identify the last connection and match the IP with mine and restore my account.

Edit - They sent me an email telling me to reset my passwords and add 2 step verification which I already did, but failed to tell me if I got my Apex account unsuspended. Well ok then.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The servers are trash. Almost every game now when I want to leave a match I'm greeted with a "Connecting to the Lobby..." message for literally like 2 - 5 minutes and then I sometimes get this error that says, "NetChannel: Removed". I have no idea what that is. First time I've ever been having this problem.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
they can put a no fill option into the game but no option to turn off crossplay on PC. Every game with a pad user turns out the same. 2 people plus a dude who might as well be playing with 1 hand.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
L-Star is definitely my weapon of choice for early rounds in Arenas, I know it's overplayed meta at this point but it's just too effective.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Arena hackers don't realize how easy they give themselves away, Bangalore on the other team constantly smoking her side, never misses a shot through the smoke with a Spitefire, no digital scope.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Love the clips, Much , keep them coming lol. I feel like I learn a little every time I watch really good players.

Also, I would definitely be one of the players shouting at the TV as you melee kill me in that second video while I'm firing a gun lol. That was entertaining to watch.

Lmao, anytime. :P

One of my smoother plays.

Worst place for a Black Market.

My squad died and quit, and I had to fight everyone else.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao, anytime. :P

One of my smoother plays.

Worst place for a Black Market.

My squad died and quit, and I had to fight everyone else.

Those are some sick gameplay examples of decisions I would never make but wish I did. Sadly, I suck so bad at the game so it's never gonna happen. Nice work.

Side note:The gun reload sound effects are so satisfying.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Man...this game is magical when everything clicks.

5-29-2021-12-48-39-AM-lblwcpj4.png

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Currently re-downloading the game. I wish Respawn/EA gave us an option to not download the HD textures. I'd rather have the ~30 GB than the visual fidelity.
So far, Arena's plenty of fun. I don't even care about the quitters.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I'm soloing arenas and twice today I got two duos as my teammates one round, then as enemies in the next. Won with and against them, all four times. :')

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how big the playerpool of arenas is compared to BR.

The game really treads me well after being absent for a couple of weeks. Out of the 10 or so arena games I played, I only lost 2 or 3. And I better don't play any more BR, as my current season's K/D ratio is 2. (It's usually below zero. lol) I'm a pro now, I guess.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
My KD/R is actually pretty similar in BR and Arenas, like 1.4 and 1.5 respectively. In Arenas the average damage is of course much higher though. Even though that mode really has problems, I'm still enjoying it more than the Battle Royale most of the time. It's honestly exciting to think about the potential it has in future seasons.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Had a person write in chat if you DC when you are down, you're gay, Origin not having a screen grab annoys me, reported that player, wonder if EA servers store text chat to look back a person disgusting behavior.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The servers are so bad! Every game now it takes forever to connect to lobby. Or it gets stuck on the 'Squad Eliminated' screen, the 'Game Over' or the 'Champion' screen at the of the game. This is for BR and Arenas. I tried changing the Data Center and it's the same. I deleted and reinstalled the game and its still the same. Billion dollar company people...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
These servers are so fucking bad....

Honestly if this game wasn't F2P it would have DIED LONG TIME AGO, just like other EA games, only reason it lives is F2P, even if the asking price was mere $10 it would have died..

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Honestly, it pains me to say, but this has been one of my least favorite seasons.

I think I liked Season 6 even more than this, which is saying a lot because that season was awful. But at least it added crafting which was a game-changer.

Arenas has potential, but feels half-baked and nowhere near worth the hype the dev team was bringing to it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Season 7 will be hard to top for me. It was an earthquake of an update that shook the meta so hard. I thought this season would wow me like season 7 did, but that is not the case.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Least played season for me so far. Arena is a massive miss, bow was stupid at the start, idgaf about olympus, so that'll kill ranked for me when the split happens.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Played some more rounds of Arenas and right now, I don't feel like playing BR again. Let's see how long that goes. But so far, Arenas gives me good opportunity to practice gun fights without having to worry about a third party or initial loot. I also like that I can somewhat strategize with my loot pickings. Do I want to prioritize magazine size, ordinances or do I pick my ultimate and rather make a run for the loot drop? Maybe I can change course with a different weapon type/playstyle? etc. It's kinda neat, really.

So there will be a ranked arenas mode?

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Had a person write in chat if you DC when you are down, you're gay, Origin not having a screen grab annoys me, reported that player, wonder if EA servers store text chat to look back a person disgusting behavior.
Isnt that the standard? Cause i assume every online game that ever existed where there is a report function does that. But maybe im just naive.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
My KD/R is actually pretty similar in BR and Arenas, like 1.4 and 1.5 respectively. In Arenas the average damage is of course much higher though. Even though that mode really has problems, I'm still enjoying it more than the Battle Royale most of the time. It's honestly exciting to think about the potential it has in future seasons.

I'm enjoying Arena sonmuch that I bought the Battle Pass and the Champion Edition of the game haha. It's a nice change of pace from Warzone/COD.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Are there anyway to get more event tokens for the Arenas event? I've got 2100 and I've done todays challenges, meaning I only have tomorrows, which will leave me at 4200, 800 short from the Bloodhound skin.

Am I SOL?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Are there anyway to get more event tokens for the Arenas event? I've got 2100 and I've done todays challenges, meaning I only have tomorrows, which will leave me at 4200, 800 short from the Bloodhound skin.

Am I SOL?
Yup, thats it. Bit odd that this is one week only like the last one but has higher point requirements.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I don't mind arenas but if I'm not forced to play it I'm never going to choose it. I had a good enough time during the challenge but been busy so only enough time to play a few arena matches before signing off. Two nice skins and a purple loot tick is about how high a price they're gonna need to pay me to play arenas.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Are there anyway to get more event tokens for the Arenas event? I've got 2100 and I've done todays challenges, meaning I only have tomorrows, which will leave me at 4200, 800 short from the Bloodhound skin
Trust me. The skin isn't even that good. All the weapons and skins so far this season are ugly as heck and not worth playing in the boring ass arenas imho. Took me forever to get 30 shotgun knock downs.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, thats it. Bit odd that this is one week only like the last one but has higher point requirements.
Trust me. The skin isn't even that good. All the weapons and skins so far this season are ugly as heck and not worth playing in the boring ass arenas imho. Took me forever to get 30 shotgun knock downs.
Thanks guys! I agree the skins aren't great, and I wish there was a way for me to get them outside of the Arena challenges, especially as I got to them late.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Those are some sick gameplay examples of decisions I would never make but wish I did. Sadly, I suck so bad at the game so it's never gonna happen. Nice work.

Side note:The gun reload sound effects are so satisfying.

Thanks, man.

On another note, there are some evenings to this game that are arguably the most rage inducing game I've ever played. The matchmaking in this game neeeeds to be fixed. I literally get players that are completely new to the game, and that's if I even get teammates. I seriously cannot believe that this issue of teams not being filled out completely persists for several months on end now. It's genuinely ridiculous, especially since Respawn has said themselves that solos is not healthy for this game, and yet a lot of the time I'm playing solos in trios and it's not by choice.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
I will say something positive about the arenas, in that it allows me to practice with guns I would otherwise never pick up in the BR. The one that most comes to mind is the repeater, now that I've gotten a handle on it it's actually quite good, and very fun to use.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The servers are GARBAGE. Why does it feel like it's only me experiencing such crippling issues? Nothing has changed on my end, but now all of a sudden I have to quit the game after almost every match in order to connect to the lobby. What in the world is this? And then if I leave it, it just pops up some error message after 10 minutes of waiting. Easier to just quit the game and start it over. This is super frustrating to deal with.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The servers are GARBAGE. Why does it feel like it's only me experiencing such crippling issues? Nothing has changed on my end, but now all of a sudden I have to quit the game after almost every match in order to connect to the lobby. What in the world is this? And then if I leave it, it just pops up some error message after 10 minutes of waiting. Easier to just quit the game and start it over. This is super frustrating to deal with.
If you a PC player you can have steam or origin check for errors.
Don't know how that works on consoles.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
How can I report a match bug? Weirdest thing happened.

Started as a Valkyrie, some minutes in, I die, then my partners proceed to revive me. I come back as a Gibraltar. wtf

At least we won.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
5000 event points for a 1-week event is nuts. I feel like I play this game pretty regularly but I just barely cracked 5000 tonight before the cutoff.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good gravy, this arena L-star meta is annoying lol
Red blobs flying all over the shop. It's not even that good or easy to use. Not sure why it's suddenly a thing.
Been using the L-Star for months now, glad to see it's only 400 in Arenas. People finally seem to be coming around to it. Not having to reload is a very good perk.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm getting a little tired of rando behavior in Apex. Even the Japanese players have shit attitudes. Not to mention that reporting in Arenas is difficult if you're not quick enough on the draw.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
Just encountered a really annoying bug where after I reconnected to an arena matched after getting disconnected I was not able to buy any upgraded version of any of the weapons I had previously purchased. Very stupid.

It's frankly impressive how much dumb bullshit the playerbase has to put up with when playing this game.

Sometime I wish the game didn't play so good so I would just quit, cause there isn't really a chance of them getting this game to work properly.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Been using the L-Star for months now, glad to see it's only 400 in Arenas. People finally seem to be coming around to it. Not having to reload is a very good perk.
Suppose the reload thing is a plus for those early bursts.

It's a Round 1 thing because the gun is cheap. It's not good in rounds after that.
Gotcha. It does feel like a bit of a fad. Especially difficult to use at anything other than short-med range.

y0shizawa

May 3, 2021
Dropping by because I enjoyed the BR but found myself getting wiped often a bit too easily, without great chances to practice against players....

...re-downloaded Apex with the arenas update and have been playing it constantly since. This game just feels so great, and I've since had a couple of BR wins due to the practice at combat I've gained from the arena.

Apex community -- is this going to be a permanent game mode? I'm coming from games like OW and Destiny where fun alternative modes like this are seasonal / wiped after a few weeks.