• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a pro controller for PS5. It's in the post, will post pics when it gets here. Should be fun to use on Apex as I've been without one for a while.

Nice one dude.

I don't know if you're open to tips but one thing you could try to bear in mind is that guns reload faster if you don't empty the mag so don't be afraid to reload an R99 early if you say, spend 15 shots. So long as the mag isn't empty it reloads in like half the time.
Always open to tips!
Actually wasn't aware of that thank youuuu.
It actually slips my mind to even reload sometimes too so it's deff sometbing i need to be more mindful of

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A friend asked me to import an strike pack for xbox one from amazon which arrived yesterday. Due the pandemic I couldn't deliver it to him until who knows when, so he told me that I could use it if I wanted to test it.

Im kinda tempted since I want to know how does it feel to use paddles, but also i have read people mentioning that the strike pack is used for cheating, so I dont know if I want to use it (Besides not wanting to use the brand new accesory from my friend)

At least I watched a video where the add on gives you auto aim on Apex, and to be hobest I would be baffled if that was possible on Playstation/Xbox

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
A friend asked me to import an strike pack for xbox one from amazon which arrived yesterday. Due the pandemic I couldn't deliver it to him until who knows when, so he told me that I could use it if I wanted to test it.

Im kinda tempted since I want to know how does it feel to use paddles, but also i have read people mentioning that the strike pack is used for cheating, so I dont know if I want to use it (Besides not wanting to use the brand new accesory from my friend)

At least I watched a video where the add on gives you auto aim on Apex, and to be hobest I would be baffled if that was possible on Playstation/Xbox
I was looking through what it does, and it basically does things like rapidly scope in and out to increase autoaim tracking and add right stick inputs to counteract weapon recoil. Definitely some shitty, macro bullshit, and anyone that uses them is a scrub.

You can just use them for the paddles, and they're probably fine for that.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

1. The cheat options are actually crap. Like it is just using macros to aim for you. It doesn't give you auto aim, it has no means of running any code that interfaces with the game or OS
2. You can use a strike pack without cheating, just as you can use an arcade stick without using turbo controls, or a cronus max converter without cheating.

I have used a strike pack before but I have never used any of the 'cheat' options. As far as paddles go it's pretty plug and play, the cheats you would have to go out of your way to activate. I think you have to configure it on PC for that, or something like that. Either way, you can't just stumble into cheating with it.

I say that the cheat options are crap, because it's just smoke and mirrors pushed by the company making the pack, mostly. Yes it can do things like R301 perfect recoil control, but it can't know what gun you're using so you have to set it each time you pick a gun off the floor, or anything like that. Pretty useless if you ask me. My friend said he tested it out in firing range and felt that it also sort of overrides your own input, so it will make it feel like you're sort of fighting your own controller at times.

It seems like the kind of thing that would help bad players improve a little bit, but would actually harm good players. I wouldn't worry about using it to get cheap paddles. Just don't cheat, it's as simple as that.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
Has anyone experimented with the per optic sensitivity settings? I've recently increased the sensitivity of my 3 and 4 times scopes drastically, and I feel it helps me better control the recoil of automatic weapons, without hurting my accuracy much.

Edit:

Last edited:

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
really need a timeout for quitters in standard mode
They're too chicken to implement a leaving penalty in non-ranked but also won't implement a solo mode which would help alleviate all the quitters. It is practically impossible to play solo because the minute people get knocked down they leave to go queue up another match.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Btw, if anyone has read the comics and book, but missed the extra lore videos/comic they put on Twitter, here they are. I think this is all of them? Aside from the Stories From the Outlands videos of course.
they desperately need to add an "archives" or something to the game to contain all the previous seasons' stories, the shorts, and especially the twitter exclusive comics and lore bits

the twitter stuff is especially impossible to find after a certain point

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Finally giving Rampart some serious playtime, and I'm having fun. Sheila can be pretty devastating if you catch people out. I didn't use her much before the buff, so I can't really compare it to how it was, but it feels good.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
The April Fools update is hella fun.

The Gold P2020 does flat 25 damage at all ranges and if you manage to land a headshot while on a zipline it'll do a whopping 190 damage.

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
Man, the more I play with Fuse the more happy I feel. His playstyle is actually incredibly well balanced and with just a couple tweaks to his kit via his ultimate, I think Fuse is a monster.

With Olympus being the new split and Fuse really benefitting from an outdoor environment, he'll likely see growth after a while. I'm going to stick with him for the long haul! I main Rev but I think switching to Fuse is the better alternative!

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why, but when I match-make I lazer people and wipe whole squads, but when I roll premade with my two friends I'm a potato 🤣

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Man, the more I play with Fuse the more happy I feel. His playstyle is actually incredibly well balanced and with just a couple tweaks to his kit via his ultimate, I think Fuse is a monster.

With Olympus being the new split and Fuse really benefitting from an outdoor environment, he'll likely see growth after a while. I'm going to stick with him for the long haul! I main Rev but I think switching to Fuse is the better alternative!
Being able to use grenades as a primary weapon is hella fun.

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
Being able to use grenades as a primary weapon is hella fun.

Yeah, that's one of his perks too, especially when landing from a drop! His knuckle cluster can be insanely good to get a quick knock and allow for immeditate pressure! His abilities are really overshadowed by all of the other legends, probably because we've all been so spoiled.

But in the end, grenades are literally so under-valued in this game that so often I see players just run past them. Fuse's style really provides that very natural feel of what a true FPS has always been about: tactical grenade usage.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I have no idea why, but when I match-make I lazer people and wipe whole squads, but when I roll premade with my two friends I'm a potato 🤣

Yeah, ditto. Is there any sort of SBMM when playing solo in pubs? I've wondered if maybe I'm more likely to get paired against comparably skilled teams when playing solo vs when playing in teams with people who have been playing this much longer than I have. But then again, I still get strings of harsh games when playing solo, too.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ditto. Is there any sort of SBMM when playing solo in pubs? I've wondered if maybe I'm more likely to get paired against comparably skilled teams when playing solo vs when playing in teams with people who have been playing this much longer than I have. But then again, I still get strings of harsh games when playing solo, too.

I'd say maybe, but someone can be looting my friends box in front of me and I'd be hitting air for a whole clip, vs. sniping octanes off jump pads from across the map when I'm solo.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
The 9 remaining games are almost always just pure exercises in frustration, whether it's horrible lag on your end (while others can just laser beam you no problem), you getting the worst possible teammates and the insane permutations of "what kind of awful" they'll wind up being, not even getting matchmade teammates, to lobbies feeling insanely stacked against you with squads who feel ridiculously far ahead of the skill of you and especially your matchmade pair.

Regarding the teammates part, do you actually want to play with people? One of my friend is mostly a solo player as well, doesn't want to be bothered by bad teammates and just want to enjoy the shooting, so he's launching solo in Duo. That way, he knows he can mostly take a team of two by himself (while a team of 3 is way more difficult) and he's having a lot of fun actually.

Saying that as he was about to leave the game before the solo option was made available, and that changed his enjoyment of the game quite a lot.

I never heard Wattson speak so much, and damn, that french accent feels so forced (I'm french). It's funny to hear her in the game and overall, but 3 minutes of that accent was a bit too much for me.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Finding way better loot, and not just in the balls that drops. Assuming that's part of the event too?

Joke's on us...they fixed the loot table for one day...
funny, I'm finding even less loot. like most of my games have been fucking terrible

edit: like the 6th game with garbage loot on drop. fix the mother fucking loot respawn. jesus.

Oct 31, 2017
Regarding the teammates part, do you actually want to play with people? One of my friend is mostly a solo player as well, doesn't want to be bothered by bad teammates and just want to enjoy the shooting, so he's launching solo in Duo. That way, he knows he can mostly take a team of two by himself (while a team of 3 is way more difficult) and he's having a lot of fun actually.

Saying that as he was about to leave the game before the solo option was made available, and that changed his enjoyment of the game quite a lot.
Nah, I'm not looking to play solo, I just do it most of the time because the people I used to play with stopped and/or I play at awkward, irregular, inconsistent times. I definitely prefer Apex as teams of 3 honestly and don't look to deliberately play as a solo, one man army.

Preferably I'd have two friends that played regularly together but I've not had that since the first 6 months of the game really. I'll occasionally party up with decent randoms I'll get matchmade with, which is a rarity. But I actually did just that a little bit ago funnily enough.

~~~~~~

Had a contested drop in a match in Turbine. Picked up an RE-45 which I never really use, and I straight up beamed some people with it. I guess the bullet magnetism on it is quite strong, at least on consoles (and with a 1x2 sight attached).

This clip also is a good example of just how strong/useful/necessary teamshooting as a squad is.

Just look at those RE-45 bullets curve towards those faces. I sort of suspect the 1x2 sight gives the gun even more bullet magnetism/aim assist, cause damn. I should definitely consider running it more often.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
What is the best video to explain how to be Jumpmaster? After 1000 hours I still have no idea how people drop with twice the speed I do when I'M going 150+.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Starting to think the only time I have fun at Apex is when playing Kings Canyon. Something about that map just works for me. Olympus is good and technically a "better" map but the flow in KC is so much better. Maybe it's the fact that KC has been out since the beginning but if ranked splits were going to be Worlds Edge and Olympus next season, I would skip the entire thing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Nah, I'm not looking to play solo, I just do it most of the time because the people I used to play with stopped and/or I play at awkward, irregular, inconsistent times. I definitely prefer Apex as teams of 3 honestly and don't look to deliberately play as a solo, one man army.

Preferably I'd have two friends that played regularly together but I've not had that since the first 6 months of the game really. I'll occasionally party up with decent randoms I'll get matchmade with, which is a rarity. But I actually did just that a little bit ago funnily enough.

~~~~~~

Had a contested drop in a match in Turbine. Picked up an RE-45 which I never really use, and I straight up beamed some people with it. I guess the bullet magnetism on it is quite strong, at least on consoles (and with a 1x2 sight attached).

This clip also is a good example of just how strong/useful/necessary teamshooting as a squad is.

Just look at those RE-45 bullets curve towards those faces. I sort of suspect the 1x2 sight gives the gun even more bullet magnetism/aim assist, cause damn. I should definitely consider running it more often.

RE-45 is my favorite light ammo weapon in the game and it's incredibly strong if you nab
it on first drop. It melts people with zero attachments on it and it's great close quarters.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
SBMM is just ruthless in this game. God forbid I win 2 games in a row. Guaranteed my third lobby is gonna be filled with Master/Predator 3 stack teams while I'm stuck with 2 level 50 players. The solo experience seriously sucks sometimes.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Lets head this way, i got 20bullets, sniper with no scope, no cells or battery, fuck i hate clowns who want to rush rush when people have nothing

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to think the only time I have fun at Apex is when playing Kings Canyon. Something about that map just works for me. Olympus is good and technically a "better" map but the flow in KC is so much better. Maybe it's the fact that KC has been out since the beginning but if ranked splits were going to be Worlds Edge and Olympus next season, I would skip the entire thing.
Kings canyon is great and by far my favorite map. I think a lot of what makes it is in the narrower distances between places and everywhere is very multilayered in terms of height.

On another note, i thought they were doing multi layered storytelling this season ? I was expecting some kind of map impact on march 30th and another video.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Were they playing Duos?

Also, I'm glad we're getting back to some lore for the original Legends, it felt like a lot of stuff was geared toward all the new arrivals (barring the awesome Pathfinder short of course).

Also also, they put a lot of emphasis about not fighting in the drop ship. I'm probably reading way too much into this, but I think it gives more credence to the fact that they can and do canonically die in the Games but are brought back, but this wouldn't happen in the drop ship.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Got two wins earlier but these last two shotgun kills for the weekly are eluding me, so it's it REALLY a win???? (They were.)

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
lmao solo queuing plat, what a miserable experience. It begs belief how most of my teammates even reached this rank, like wtf?

Oct 31, 2017
lmao solo queuing plat, what a miserable experience. It begs belief how most of my teammates even reached this rank, like wtf?
Lol yeah. Last split I'd made it to within the last ~600 RP of Diamond solo queuing (18 RP outside of Plat 1) and it was like the game just flipped a switch and decided "no more competent squadmates for you from matchmaking, you must hard carry to earn Diamond". It became legitimately impossible to even place within the top ten, let alone winning an initial squad fight with the people filling my squad at that point.

I was trying to grind that final division of Plat the night before split reset and I just couldn't do it as the only way I could even gain any RP at that point was hard bailing on the players it'd pair me with and playing as a super selfish rat, and I just wasn't wanting to do that as it was way too time consuming/not fun.

As a solo, Plat is definitely when Ranked "gets serious". Plat 2+, you'll start to get nothing but Plat 4 or lower teammates it feels like and there's extremely low odds that they are going to be much of a benefit to your performance, and far greater odds that they were matchmade with you as an additional challenge to overcome.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Custom DualSense from Aim Controllers

6tYdlRk.jpg

O0mKJGv.jpg

£108 using one of their discount codes. It was actually my friend that bought it but then he decided he didn't want it because while it was shipping he learned to play claw. I can play claw, but I find it uncomfortable so I was keen to buy it off him.

In any case, it's probably the best controller I've ever owned. The combination of DualSense features such as haptics, overall formfactor and the back paddles make me want to use this pad for everything. Obviously for Apex it helps quite a bit.

For me, the biggest advantage to having the paddles is being able to turn 'hold to crouch' on, and then you can b-hop and crouch spam much more comfortably because it reduces the number of circle presses by half. I could play hold to crouch on claw but holding a button while clawing is honestly so uncomfortable that I don't find it worth the effort.

I'm probably going to order another one when I get paid again, just on account of this one inevitably malfunctioning at some point and not wanting to wait for another build.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

Ok, so this video clarifies that Bangalore was NOT a Pilot. We know her brother was, so the knife could have belonged to him? Bangalore was so hostile, so it seems like Wraith (or another Wraith from this or another dimension) did something to Bangalore or her brother at some point.. Damn. What a tease!
Custom DualSense from Aim Controllers

6tYdlRk.jpg

O0mKJGv.jpg

£108 using one of their discount codes. It was actually my friend that bought it but then he decided he didn't want it because while it was shipping he learned to play claw. I can play claw, but I find it uncomfortable so I was keen to buy it off him.

In any case, it's probably the best controller I've ever owned. The combination of DualSense features such as haptics, overall formfactor and the back paddles make me want to use this pad for everything. Obviously for Apex it helps quite a bit.

For me, the biggest advantage to having the paddles is being able to turn 'hold to crouch' on, and then you can b-hop and crouch spam much more comfortably because it reduces the number of circle presses by half. I could play hold to crouch on claw but holding a button while clawing is honestly so uncomfortable that I don't find it worth the effort.

I'm probably going to order another one when I get paid again, just on account of this one inevitably malfunctioning at some point and not wanting to wait for another build.
I've been looking for a PS5 paddle controller! Thanks! I will check this out.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's because, from my experience, there is a massive difference in skill between Gold 1 and Platinum 4. Thing is, you can still just float through Gold even if you're not very good, but the moment those players hit Platinum 4, they get absolutely destroyed. That is what my Ranked experience has been since Season 1.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I got reset to the Stone Age in ranked. It's going to be a long journey before I even see platinum. I think I'm in Silver II at the moment but the lobbies are easier than pubs still.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I made it to Platinum IV (solo) last night, and I now have to make the decision I do in every split of whether I stop playing Ranked now for the rest of the season or actually try, against all odds, to reach Diamond solo.

The farthest I've ever gotten is halfway through Platinum III, but I don't knoooooow. I wasn't on mic, but I had really great teammates last night who knew perfectly when to push and retreat together because they actually used their heads, and we were able to win pretty easily. Wish I had that for every match, lmao. Forgot I opted out of being invited via the lobby screen when one of the dudes said he'd invite me on the results screen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
You know it's gonna be a good match when your first kill is knocking a Horizon while she's using her tactical, and then securing the kill with a TT headshot mid-air as she's falling down.

Must have been terrifying for that player! Completely accidental though...

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Lazy Dev Rhetoric
Only a few weeks left in the season and dropping from the jump ship is still bugged and suffers from random losses of speed. Wonder what they'll break next season? You won't be able to pick up loot from a bin (oh wait, that was a few seasons back when that was broken and sometimes you wouldn't pick stuff up if you tried too quick)?

On top of that and my complaint last week about the massive increase in having no or one teammate, this season has black and white story pages and a barebones, lackluster town takeover (drain the gas, grab the loot)...
I though the whole "working from home" thing actually involved "working?"