• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The duality of man

Lately I have feel more comfortable with the game, unlike Fortnite where I believe that I already lost when I reach top 4 due to not being able to outbuild better player, in this game I enter each match believing that I have a shot at winning, even with randoms in public.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Come back in a week when all the sweats have moved up in Rank. I haven't had much wins in Ranked this season, but it's by far the most enjoyable experience as far as the games themselves go. Until you hit Plat that is. Then it just becomes like pubs, which is a sweat fest.

Well what I think happens is that once you place in Plat the game then starts matching you with plat players in pubs so there's really no difference between pub and ranked. Sucks. Ranked is the best way to play for sure but I'm hitting a wall in terms of the fun factor.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Keep getting 2 bronze team-mates who are obviously new to the game. Please keep new players with new players, stop using me as the carry when they've got nothing to lose and do dumb shit in the 45 seconds they're alive.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
this is fucking infuriating. Fuck off giving me bronze 4 newbies. I don't want to fucking rat. I want to play.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
It is so easy to respawn and actually come back and win the match that it blows my mind when people disconnect after getting their banners picked up. I had two ranked matches last night where I picked up both banners and went to the beacon without being noticed by the opposition, one player leaves, wind up with 2 and make it to the top 3 to be ganged up on by two full squads.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It is so easy to respawn and actually come back and win the match that it blows my mind when people disconnect after getting their banners picked up. I had two ranked matches last night where I picked up both banners and went to the beacon without being noticed by the opposition, one player leaves, wind up with 2 and make it to the top 3 to be ganged up on by two full squads.

This, so much. I hate when people disconnect. Just have a little patience, mate

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Come back in a week when all the sweats have moved up in Rank. I haven't had much wins in Ranked this season, but it's by far the most enjoyable experience as far as the games themselves go. Until you hit Plat that is. Then it just becomes like pubs, which is a sweat fest.

Ive only ever played one ranked match, but is the deal typically that it's a fairer experience than pubs? Much of what I find so draining about this game at times is the inconsistency. I'll have games where I feel overpowered compared to other skill levels followed by even more games where I'm getting like 100 damage, then dying.

I barely play Modern Warfare and don't consider myself as experienced at it, but there's a consistency in my performance there that feels like SBMM that I don't often get in Apex.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
so this has been my ranked apex experience for the last week.

Squad of Bronze 4s, obviously new players

or

1 silver teammate.

Literally no other permutations outside of one match where it filled properly.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ive only ever played one ranked match, but is the deal typically that it's a fairer experience than pubs? Much of what I find so draining about this game at times is the inconsistency. I'll have games where I feel overpowered compared to other skill levels followed by even more games where I'm getting like 100 damage, then dying.

I barely play Modern Warfare and don't consider myself as experienced at it, but there's a consistency in my performance there that feels like SBMM that I don't often get in Apex.
It's way more consistent once the Predator/Master players have moved up in Rank. People generally don't quit if they're downed or eliminated until their box runs out. Depending on you're skill, Bronze and Silver may seem easy. To me I feel like Gold is my "sweet spot" in terms of challenge. I may frag or I may get beamed, but it hardly ever feels unfair, because it's usually up against someone who is around my skill level more or less. Also feeling like I have an actual possibility of winning the match, and even if I don't win I may have a good game kill/damage wise still so it doesn't feel as bad to lose.
Man, the return of the Spitfire sure makes it easy to tell who's running a strike pack lol.
What's a strike pack?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The duality of man

Lately I have feel more comfortable with the game, unlike Fortnite where I believe that I already lost when I reach top 4 due to not being able to outbuild better player, in this game I enter each match believing that I have a shot at winning, even with randoms in public.

lol, both of those clips are hilarious.

Vorlo being Vorlo in this clip

I also just noticed squad names showing up when you're the champions:

EB43EBB8DB2993373DE19514030F9B15D86F7E41

Oct 25, 2017
I easily just had the weirdest ranked match.

My team was a team of three, a duo comes running in, I start fighting and then get deleted. I'm thinking "Geez was I the only one that hit any shots?" and then it goes to my teammates who ran half way across the map. They rabbited away the second someone came in...

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
so this has been my ranked apex experience for the last week.

Squad of Bronze 4s, obviously new players

or

1 silver teammate.

Literally no other permutations outside of one match where it filled properly.

they might've been Gold players before the split, right?

I played a few ranked matches after work last night. Got one juicy 248 RP win with 5 kills but the other games were all negative. I'm now Gold 4 as of last night / other night sessions after dropping to Silver 2 after the split.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
they might've been Gold players before the split, right?

I played a few ranked matches after work last night. Got one juicy 248 RP win with 5 kills but the other games were all negative. I'm now Gold 4 as of last night / other night sessions after dropping to Silver 2 after the split.

No way any of these people were gold. No aim, no pings, no movement, taking ages to loot anything, 0 awareness of what's happening. I've had to rat to gold to get away from them lol

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I got back into this game recently after only playing a lot when the game first came out and didn't have seasons. I've been having a lot of fun but the server issues are just killing my enjoyment now. Just so bad, lots of slow motion games, sometimes I'm getting packet loss. It ruins the whole mood.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Dude, I just hopped into a game where I kept getting teleported back to the main menu. It first happened when we were dropping, then I reconnected and it happened a minute later, then one more time. It's not even like the game would send me through a loading screen back to the main menu or anything - just an instant teleport back to the title screen.

Got in one firefight we were able to win before I just decided to drop all my shit and leave the game because I knew it would keep happening. What the fuck. I'll try one more time with a fresh game and see if it keeps happening.

edit: all the data centers I'd normally use have a ping and packet loss that's twice what they normally are.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Titanfall being really good and reliable. What happened? Unless I'm misremembering lol

To be fair, having 12 players vs 60 players is a lot more taxing.

Honestly they should have a season that focuses on fixing major bugs/issues and the networking, kinda like what they did with R6S.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, having 12 players vs 60 players is a lot more taxing.

Honestly they should have a season that focuses on fixing major bugs/issues and the networking, kinda like what they did with R6S.
I would absolutely take this, even if it meant a season without anything new. But so many people would throw a fit. The servers and awful matchmaking are the two biggest things holding Apex back.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
BF series is 64 players, using the same projectile base netcode.
Netcode is good thanks to the server tick rate being 60hz on PC.
Apex tick rate is 20hz, even BFV console is better at 30hz.
BFV have some massive maps that is almost same size...
BF doesn't use the same netcode as Apex afaik. Apex is on Source, BF is Frostbyte.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't even bother to color 90% of the comic this week, they somehow keep getting worse.
Now, I haven't seen it yet....but it could just be how the artist intended? I think they outsource the comics to other artists, no? I recall seeing someone who doesn't work at Respawn tweeting about how they worked on some of the comics in one of these seasons.

I'm looking forward to seeing it later tonight because it's been so damn long since the last one.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Now, I haven't seen it yet....but it could just be how the artist intended? I think they outsource the comics to other artists, no? I recall seeing someone who doesn't work at Respawn tweeting about how they worked on some of the comics in one of these seasons.

I'm looking forward to seeing it later tonight because it's been so damn long since the last one.
I'm sure it's intended that way given that the last panel is colored, but it doesn't seem to have any impact.

Oct 31, 2017
I put the game down for awhile about a year+ ago because the game was just such an inconsistent experience from game-to-game and the matchmaking was feeling incredibly punishing/not particularly generous, especially playing solo.

I am about to put the game back down again for the exact same reasons and I don't know if I'll come back honestly. And it's a shame, because I love the gameplay when it's actually going smoothly and feeling like it's working as it should.

It seriously feels like maybe 1 out of 10 games played actually feels like it was worth spending the time playing on. The 9 remaining games are almost always just pure exercises in frustration, whether it's horrible lag on your end (while others can just laser beam you no problem), you getting the worst possible teammates and the insane permutations of "what kind of awful" they'll wind up being, not even getting matchmade teammates, to lobbies feeling insanely stacked against you with squads who feel ridiculously far ahead of the skill of you and especially your matchmade pair.

Maybe 3 out of these 9 awful games will I feel like I could have done something different/better on my end to have a different, better outcome than what actually happened. While 6 out of the 9 feel like just the game guaranteeing there was no chance at having a good match, as it has determined you are going to be burdened by one or multiple of the factors that highly reduce your odds for success.

So there'll be about 1 really good, satisfying game where you're firing on all cylinders, hitting your shots clean, and your teammates are proactive and you all play well off of one another. Where it doesn't feel like the game itself is intentionally fighting against you. These games are the wins, but they also aren't given and are often hard fought. But in these games, it doesn't feel like the game's going out of its way to sabotage your odds of a good time.

As a mostly solo player, it's a really punishing experience that doesn't feel very rewarding for the majority of the time you'll spend in game. And it feels highly intentional by the game itself rather than a by-product of just being a victim of circumstances/bad decisions. That the majority of time when things don't go well, it feels much less a result of your individual fault, and far more a result of it being what the game had in mind for you in that given match.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
some of the wins i get in this game are so fkn lucky

imgur.com

shan3

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

imgur.com

P2

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I bought a pro controller for PS5. It's in the post, will post pics when it gets here. Should be fun to use on Apex as I've been without one for a while.

some of the wins i get in this game are so fkn lucky

imgur.com

shan3

imgur.com

P2

Nice one dude.

I don't know if you're open to tips but one thing you could try to bear in mind is that guns reload faster if you don't empty the mag so don't be afraid to reload an R99 early if you say, spend 15 shots. So long as the mag isn't empty it reloads in like half the time.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Went for Horizon as my next unlock. Love it so far. Flanking people by just booping over a building? Wonderful

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
They couldn't even bother to color 90% of the comic this week, they somehow keep getting worse.
I stopped paying attention to the story stuff in the comics seasons ago. I think I only read a few pages of the first comic in the season after we got the single player quests and was like "What's the point?" I did care what was going on before that but them removing the story stuff from previous season with Wattson getting injured and trying to figure out who the traitor was rubbed me the wrong way. I'm supposed to care about these disposable storylines that they don't even keep in the game after the season is over, that can be unlocked by collecting enough treasure packs that in some instances I used Apex Coins to unlock? Naw, that's bullshit.

This season I've seen a very noticeable increase in the amounts of times I've only gotten one teammate or even no other teammate and it became irritating a while ago. I've always had it happen every now and then but sometimes I'll have two matches in a row by myself and then the next match after those two I'll only get one random. I just now had two matches in a row where it was only two of us. Usually if it's not a full squad I'll just hot drop right off the go and hope to maybe get a kill but now when I get paired up with only one player they quit before the match starts most of the time so it's just me.
They need to fix that shit for real.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's intended that way given that the last panel is colored, but it doesn't seem to have any impact.
Ok I read the comic and I have to agree. It was likely a stylistic choice but it just didn't add anything at all. I am still enjoying the light bit of story, but I wish we got more. It's just moving at a snail's pace since we haven't even had one in weeks. It's cool that they actually tied it into the 2 week event we just had.
I stopped paying attention to the story stuff in the comics seasons ago. I think I only read a few pages of the first comic in the season after we got the single player quests and was like "What's the point?" I did care what was going on before that but them removing the story stuff from previous season with Wattson getting injured and trying to figure out who the traitor was rubbed me the wrong way. I'm supposed to care about these disposable storylines that they don't even keep in the game after the season is over, that can be unlocked by collecting enough treasure packs that in some instances I used Apex Coins to unlock? Naw, that's bullshit.
As of this season, the comics fortunately unlock for everyone at the same time and no longer require coins. It was super stupid to lock that stuff up behind treasure packs before.

I was also disappointed with the season 5 comic not directly flowing into the season 6 one, for sure. However, as much as they should be given flack for how many different places you have to look for their lore, they actually have tied most of that season 5 story up with comics, tweets, and the pathfinder book since then. The traitor stuff has all been wrapped up and Loba did find Revenant's head/sourcecode and send it to Gridiron. Ash's body was revived in a later comic too and we will probably get more on her in the near future. As far as I know, everything in the comics has been canon.

————

Btw, if anyone has read the comics and book, but missed the extra lore videos/comic they put on Twitter, here they are. I think this is all of them? Aside from the Stories From the Outlands videos of course.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Ok I read the comic and I have to agree. It was likely a stylistic choice but it just didn't add anything at all. I am still enjoying the light bit of story, but I wish we got more. It's just moving at a snail's pace since we haven't even had one in weeks. It's cool that they actually tied it into the 2 week event we just had.

As of this season, the comics fortunately unlock for everyone at the same time and no longer require coins. It was super stupid to lock that stuff up behind treasure packs before.

I was also disappointed with the season 5 comic not directly flowing into the season 6 one, for sure. However, as much as they should be given flack for how many different places you have to look for their lore, they actually have tied most of that season 5 story up with comics, tweets, and the pathfinder book since then. The traitor stuff has all been wrapped up and Loba did find Revenant's head/sourcecode and send it to Gridiron. Ash's body was revived in a later comic too and we will probably get more on her in the near future. As far as I know, everything in the comics has been canon.

————

Btw, if anyone has read the comics and book, but missed the extra lore videos/comic they put on Twitter, here they are. I think this is all of them? Aside from the Stories From the Outlands videos of course.

Thanks for these, I was missing these loose ends. I wish they'd put everything in a codex in-game.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Placing a drone in a spot where the last squad can't shoot at it and triggering the EMP right as we run up on them always feels like some true action movie shit.