• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
started playing on my xbox today instead of waiting around for cross progression. still refuse to buy anything in this game until they give some more info around how it'll
actually work, but the increased resolution on XSX makes a noticeable difference in my gameplay. also I prefer the xbox controller, and my last session shows that I'm better with it. probably the best game i've had in a minute. and it was with a random!

zwdofvg.png

it happens to me too. I have to totally restart my PS5 to make it back to normal.
How do these stat counters work? How can you have only 4 knocks but 11 kills? I guess it doesn't count it as a knock if you kill a solo player or the last person in a squad to get downed? That seems weird to me.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's accounting for how many people you've knocked that DIDN'T result in a kill?
I'm pretty sure that's it. So that person had 15 total knocks.
I'm not sure if that's it, since I've had lots of games where my knock and kill numbers match, but i don't think I really had twice as many knockdowns in my gameplay with just half ending up turning into kills.. It seems really confusing to me. I thought it might be counting the last member of a squad as just a kill and not a knockdown, since they die right away, but that still seems like a bad way to measure it, considering it would count as a knockdown for one of the daily/weekly challenges.

Last edited:

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
How come that a game by Respawn Entertainment that introduced a respawn mechanic into the battle royale genre and awards 4 times as much xp for a respawn compared to a kill doesn't have a tracker badge to show how often you respawned your teammates? I kinda want to show off that I'm one of the good randoms.

The following footage might be boring to watch , but I really like the thrill of picking up my team's banners in the midst of battle. I got pretty lucky there. (And yes, my aim is terrible.)

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
How come that a game by Respawn Entertainment that introduced a respawn mechanic into the battle royale genre and awards 4 times as much xp for a respawn compared to a kill doesn't have a tracker badge to show how often you respawned your teammates? I kinda want to show off that I'm one of the good randoms.

The following footage might be boring to watch , but I really like the thrill of picking up my team's banners in the midst of battle. I got pretty lucky there. (And yes, my aim is terrible.)

Good play! If that's terrible aim, I don't wanna know what mine is.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Imo Mirage should go invis when he gets a banner as well

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017

Wow if you weren't sure about bang's smoke being broken before, then this vid removes all doubt. You're able to stick a grenade right on her face while she's stood right in the middle of it!

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Good play! If that's terrible aim, I don't wanna know what mine is.
Thanks! Don't worry, you've only started and good aim isn't everything in Apex. For some time I even played this game without picking up a gun and I had a blast.
Imo Mirage should go invis when he gets a banner as well
Not sure if that's really necessary. Decoy escape is already quite serviceable. Two cases in point:

Wow if you weren't sure about bang's smoke being broken before, then this vid removes all doubt. You're able to stick a grenade right on her face while she's stood right in the middle of it!
Footage is prepatch btw.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I had a week off work this week and set myself the goal of going from Plat 4 to Diamond 4.

Me and my squad were breezing all the way until one of us hit Diamond before the rest of us. I'm talking I had 90rp to go when he made it into Diamond 4.

We're now being dragged into lobbies with Diamonds/Masters/Preds and I've slid all the way back to Plat 2.

Painful, and feels like my goal is unachievable now.

Oct 31, 2017
I had a week off work this week and set myself the goal of going from Plat 4 to Diamond 4.

Me and my squad were breezing all the way until one of us hit Diamond before the rest of us. I'm talking I had 90rp to go when he made it into Diamond 4.

We're now being dragged into lobbies with Diamonds/Masters/Preds and I've slid all the way back to Plat 2.

Painful, and feels like my goal is unachievable now.
I told myself that I'd like to hit Diamond before the rank reset coming up, and I'd been mostly solo-queuing my way up from Bronze without much problem. Hit Plat 3 yesterday playing with my buddy. Platinum 4/3 games right now feel tough but totally manageable, but I've definitely been curious to see how different Diamond lobbies felt. I figured they might be like how you describe here.

When Ranked first hit, I was able to get to Diamond 4 but stopped there as the friends I was playing with were in Platinum and they felt the games had gotten too impossible/unfun once I'd crossed the Diamond threshold back then. So it sounds like that's still very much the case now, and probably even more-so.

With Diamond games having an entry cost of 48 RP, I feel like the only way you can continue to climb is if you play with 2 other Diamond+ skill level players who are close to your skill and synergize well with your playstyle and legend/team comp preferences. Cause with that cost to enter, you have to really be getting good KP and placement points every single match against other high skilled squads.

I have to think solo-queue climbing out of Diamond -> Masters/Pred is basically impossible unless you are basically an Apex pro.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I told myself that I'd like to hit Diamond before the rank reset coming up, and I'd been mostly solo-queuing my way up from Bronze without much problem. Hit Plat 3 yesterday playing with my buddy. Platinum 4/3 games right now feel tough but totally manageable, but I've definitely been curious to see how different Diamond lobbies felt. I figured they might be like how you describe here.

When Ranked first hit, I was able to get to Diamond 4 but stopped there as the friends I was playing with were in Platinum and they felt the games had gotten too impossible/unfun once I'd crossed the Diamond threshold back then. So it sounds like that's still very much the case now, and probably even more-so.

With Diamond games having an entry cost of 48 RP, I feel like the only way you can continue to climb is if you play with 2 other Diamond+ skill level players who are close to your skill and synergize well with your playstyle and legend/team comp preferences. Cause with that cost to enter, you have to really be getting good KP and placement points every single match against other high skilled squads.

I have to think solo-queue climbing out of Diamond -> Masters/Pred is basically impossible unless you are basically an Apex pro.

They should tie RP to damage / assists somehow as well as kills. Or maybe they do already? Haven't played ranked in a long time.

Oct 31, 2017
They should tie RP to damage / assists somehow as well as kills. Or maybe they do already? Haven't played ranked in a long time.
They actually do reward assists now and assists have a 10 second grace window off of team damage, which is definitely charitable. Not only that but this season they bumped up the max kills/assists total from 5 to 6. And they also started placement RP payout sooner at 13th with +5 RP instead of (I think?) 10th or better.

Ranked RP costs and payouts now look like this as of Season 8:

Match Entry RP Cost and Rank RP division start total:
Bronze: Free (Starts at 0 RP)
Silver: 12 RP (Starts at 1,200 RP)
Gold: 24 RP (Starts at 2,800 RP)
Plat: 36 RP (Starts at 4,800 RP)
Diamond: 48 RP (Starts at 7,200 RP)
Masters & Apex Predator: 60 RP (Masters starts at 10,000 RP, Apex Predators are the top 750 RP total Masters)

Then there's the Kill/Assist Points (which have a sliding multiplier improved by placement) and the placement points themselves.

KP placement multiplier:
20th - 11th: 10x Kills/Assists
10th - 6th: 12x K/A
5th & 4th: 15x K/A
3rd & 2nd: 20x K/A
1st: 25x K/A

Placement points:
13th - 11th: 5 RP
10th & 9th: 10 RP
8th & 7th: 20 RP
6th & 5th: 30 RP
4th & 3rd: 40 RP
2nd: 60 RP
1st: 100 RP

So right now, a max point Diamond game will get you 202 RP. To break even/just come out positive in Diamond with kills/assists only, you'd have to get at least 5 kills/assists before being eliminated before 13th. Pure placement, you'd have to get to 2nd without any kills/assists. Half k/a, half placement, you'd have to get 3 k/a's and finish 9th or 10th.

Those above scenarios are all for just going RP positive in Diamond, not even really increasing your RP, which would take consistent high kill/assist and placement games. And at that level, good luck lol.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This season Diamond players apparently only play against other Diamond players, unlike before when it was Pred/Masters lobbies from Diamond III. Meaning, it has never been easier to hit Masters. Which makes Masters "worth" less as well...

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
5 out my 6 games tonight we didn't get a 3rd.

But those 5 games were awesome. All top 3 finishes with constant fights.

Never fails to get a laugh when you're running away from a squad as mirage, pop you ultimate behind cover, then run back at them. They start shooting at the decoys running away from them, not expecting that i'm repositioned behind them with a gold mag spitfire and evo shotty.

Squad in shambles as I rinse them down in the middle of a reload lmao.

Also, only realised today that the heatshield rocks for healing. 5 second or something for a pheonix kit wew

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't play yesterday, but I hopped on again today and am getting the same "problem processing game logic" shit from a few days ago, unable to do anything even after rebooting the PS4.

I'll just wait until Monday. The game has never been this borked imo.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Got inspired and ran with this potato quality clip (sound on). Some skeet shooting and a surprise ending:

iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud

View, organize, and share photos and videos with iCloud Photos on the web. Changes will sync across your devices with iCloud.

Speaking of surprise endings, I'm usually one to defend developers but uh, the way this match concludes is definitely something:
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
How do these stat counters work? How can you have only 4 knocks but 11 kills? I guess it doesn't count it as a knock if you kill a solo player or the last person in a squad to get downed? That seems weird to me.
truthfully i have no idea. i'm guessing the 4 knocks are the people another squad may have finished? its not super clear

Oct 31, 2017
Got inspired and ran with this potato quality clip (sound on). Some skeet shooting and a surprise ending:

View, organize, and share photos and videos with iCloud Photos on the web. Changes will sync across your devices with iCloud.

Speaking of surprise endings, I'm usually one to defend developers but uh, the way this match concludes is definitely something:
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Lol yeah it sucks to be crushed in this game, that's for sure. But in hindsight it's always hilarious!

I'm just glad they fixed the crushing instance where if you were atop the big, lifting doors and someone opened it you got crushed.

Had some ugly solo q games in Plat a little bit ago, but then matchmaking finally relented and gave me competent, capable, responsive teammates. And what do you know, we won for a max RP game. Felt good, especially since there was action from the drop, on which is always the best.

That win was also the first game that had personally illustrated the game changing potential of the heat shields.

In one moment, after a squad fight in the little outpost of buildings with the tower next to Market, we needed to run quite a bit to make it into the 3rd Ring (Round 2 closing). Was pretty low in resources after the fight and had started booking it towards the circle, which was in the center of the map with the nearest edge just along the cliff faces/big cave choke points breaking up the Oasis/Bunker area and the areas in front of Market. As I'm running though, I look back and see the squad had some heat shields thrown on the death boxes. Doubled back, looted up, healed quick, then started going towards the ring. (It helped having a Pathfinder throwing zips on the regular too).

Then, as we are running to the round 3 ring edge, there's a duo trying to gatekeep us in the central caves right there. We get out of the zone and face off against the duo, killing them but not before they were able to get us weak. This is happening right as round 3 is ending and we are right on the circle's edge. My one teammate is critical health after this fight and we hesitate a bit thinking about picking these guy's boxes. Due to the weak teammate and how hard round 3 zone damage ticks, he gets knocked to zone and we are pretty far from the circle. Looking quickly I realize I have a heat shield myself and I throw it down, save the knocked player, we heal then we quickly got to the round 4 circle thanks to our Pathfinder teammate.

I definitely think the heat shields pair very nicely with a Pathfinder who can get you through the zone more quickly, as the Path zips and heat shields combo definitely got us through some tight spots we might not have otherwise.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely hating the new giant ring flare.
It basically makes half of the area unplayable in late game.

7gf5PfK.png
tE6z2nZ.png

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
This whole ring flare LTM has been the worst honestly.
I kind of get the small flares, as it'd basically force people to relocate to a nearby place thereby discouraging camping. It's an inconvenience but not something so big that it affects you negatively as you can quickly get out of its effective range. Plus 2-3 shields are enough to counter it. For all intent and purpose the areas in the small flares are still "in play" as it goes away quick and you can even go in to get some loot.

But this giant flare basically means it works like the normal ring, except it expands super quick and you don't have enough shields to protect you from it as the area is so large. All it does is minimize the play area significantly for everyone. Not to mention the giant flare always spawns in the middle of the ring, unlike the small flares which were random.

It's extra disappointing because Locked and Loaded was a fantastic mode, infact so good that I'd rather it become the default for all modes.
Whereas this LTM is just terrible. Like the fuck is this?

2I1KP3u.jpg

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
A bunch of small ring flares is okay, makes some encounters to need a bit of flanking, fine. But yeah, that big one? Fucking sucks. It just too big of an area, slows too much the later half of a game, and requires stupid ammounts of circling to get to an area

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Never fails to get a laugh when you're running away from a squad as mirage, pop you ultimate behind cover, then run back at them. They start shooting at the decoys running away from them, not expecting that i'm repositioned behind them with a gold mag spitfire and evo shotty.
I'm taking notes. Mirage is such a fun and versatile legend. His decoys kinda make up for absent 3rd team mates. They also make him a pretty good support for both pushy and campy playstyles. If I get queued with a typical Octane or Wraith, I usually glue myself and my decoy to their back. Since about three weeks, he is more or less the only legend I play. Since then, I only had very few bad matches.

Poor guy/gal, I'd probably have taken that jump too. With both a pathfinder and octane taking chase, that's the most dignified way out.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I kind of get the small flares, as it'd basically force people to relocate to a nearby place thereby discouraging camping. It's an inconvenience but not something so big that it causes affects you negatively as you can quickly get out of its effective range. Plus 2-3 shields are enough to counter it. For all intent and purpose the areas in the small flares are still "in play" as it goes away quick and you can even go in to get some loot.

But this giant flare basically means it works like the normal ring, except it expands super quick and and you don't have enough shields to protect you from it as the area is so large. All it does is minimize the play area significantly for everyone. Not to mention the giant flare always spawns in the middle of the ring, unlike the small flares which were random.

It's extra disappointing because Locked and Loaded was a fantastic mode, infact so good that I'd rather it become the default for all modes.
Whereas this LTM is just terrible. Like the fuck is this?

2I1KP3u.jpg

Played some games with this setup now and lol, you land and then just start rotating FOREVER

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I thought I was going crazy with my rings being absolutely massive. Not a fan, but they've invested some assets in this, there are voicelines, so I expect they're messing around with the sizes to test future implementations. The sound is too poor to be able to figure out where other squads are so the rotations are crapshoots if the flares are huge.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Like an example of how it makes it so annoying.
If you didn't have the big circle you could easily get to the proper ring, but because of this shitty big flare you basically have to go around the map. On the plus side, atleast with the big ring, you get far less of that ring noise because most people avoid it.

FdI2RiX.png

Also I really dislike the announcer, she doesn't have enough lines and the few she has are really long, so it gets very repetitive.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the record I still don't want locked and loaded to become the norm, I feel like it's step 1 of the slippery slope into making Apex like Warzone.

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone had issue with adding people to your Apex Club/Clan?

I am on PS5 (still the PS4 version obviously) but cannot seem to find my friend (PS4) when searching for his name to add to the club.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Like an example of how it makes it so annoying.
If you didn't have the big circle you could easily get to the proper ring, but because of this shitty big flare you basically have to go around the map. On the plus side, atleast with the big ring, you get far less of that ring noise because most people avoid it.

FdI2RiX.png

Also I really dislike the announcer, she doesn't have enough lines and the few she has are really long, so it gets very repetitive.

During the final rounds it's specially like

latest

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Is there an NA Apex Club to join here on ERA, I'm getting sick of solo queueing :/

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
For the record I still don't want locked and loaded to become the norm, I feel like it's step 1 of the slippery slope into making Apex like Warzone.

Warzone did some smart things for the BR genre. Apex did too. They both have borrowed from one another to some degree. I don't think landing with a white shield and moza means it's suddenly becoming Warzone.

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017
Boy oh boy, Duos are just so much harder than Trios. Played Duos with a friend of mine and we basically just got our asses handed to us continuously. After we finished, I decided to play two or three rounds of Trios on my own just to unwind and bam there's my 3k badge. Funny how that goes.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Warzone did some smart things for the BR genre. Apex did too. They both have borrowed from one another to some degree. I don't think landing with a white shield and moza means it's suddenly becoming Warzone.
I propose a half-step between vanilla and L&L:

Drop everyone with white shields and a moz, but no heals.

Remove white shields and mozambiques from ground loot. Replace them with weapon drops. Leave all other loot the same as vanilla (no L&L power creep where everyone has fully kitted weapons at the end of round 1).

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I propose a half-step between vanilla and L&L:

Drop everyone with white shields and a moz, but no heals.

Remove white shields and mozambiques from ground loot. Replace them with weapon drops. Leave all other loot the same as vanilla (no L&L power creep where everyone has fully kitted weapons at the end of round 1).

Yeah that could work. To clarify - I do not want purple armor in every bin like L&L. I just liked dropping with white shields and a moza.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that could work. To clarify - I do not want purple armor in every bin like L&L. I just liked dropping with white shields and a moza.
I agree with this. Although I would argue that I like dropping with a basic backpack as well, but that's something I can give up. I just like dropping with:

1. Mozambique with the 1X HCOG
2. White body shield.

That's all.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with this. Although I would argue that I like dropping with a basic backpack as well, but that's something I can give up. I just like dropping with:

1. Mozambique with the 1X HCOG
2. White body shield.

That's all.

Fully agree with this. I doubt they would make it a 1-to-1 change, the loot rate was much more just spicing things up for the LTM.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the ring flares for an LTM. The big one is definitely more obnoxious and chaotic, since it funnels multiple teams into few passageways around it, but it's still interesting and temporary. It changes the flow a bit from the traversal in normal matches we're used to. And the heat shields help immensely. I definitely wouldn't like this long term, but hey it's just 2 weeks of something different.