• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Re aim assist: check on the dummies in firing range. It's like a magnet, even in hip fire.

I'm not usually one to complain about the servers aside from jest but they have been uglier since ACE and here's hoping the overnight patch helped a lot.

S8.1 patch coming in a couple of weeks is looking to be big. Notes for it at over 3k words are said to be about double the word length of s8.0 patch notes.

Gassy bois sweating rn

Last edited:

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Perform 1 finishing move.

lol it should be so ez but it's so obnoxious to actually pull off. In unranked everyone DCs, in ranked it's too sweaty to ever really pull it off :')

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Potential Caustic TT leak:
fl7qliyhkjj61.jpg

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
just had an incredibly sweaty game with a loba and Octane. Octane player was on cocaine or something because man was just like "fuck em PUSH DEEPAAAAHHHHH" in his gameplay lol. Incredible jump-pad usage. Finished second because of final ring positioning not really being in our favour but it was a hell of a game.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
just had an incredibly sweaty game with a loba and Octane. Octane player was on cocaine or something because man was just like "fuck em PUSH DEEPAAAAHHHHH" in his gameplay lol. Incredible jump-pad usage. Finished second because of final ring positioning not really being in our favour but it was a hell of a game.
You're not a true Octane player if you don't move around like a total nutjob. You can turn any area into Gauntlet with how quick the ult charges up.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Server maintenance definitely helped my load times for the main menu and returning to the lobby. Only played a couple games, so can't comment on general lagginess yet, but it seemed smooth enough.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017

I have a friend whose a push crazy octane.

He sucks tho and never considerers positioning or his teammates gear

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change anything about reviving? Twice today that I just couldn't revive someone. Just kept cancelling.
By the time I was able to start reviving the enemy was there to fuck me over.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yup Caustic is 100% going to poison all of that beautiful blue water on King's Canyon based off of these teasers. Ugh.

I can't deny it'll be fun to play the floor is lava in later circles with octane. But I'm not sure less playable/lootable area is what this map needs. Hopefully the Town Takeover makes up for the loss.

maybe I'm completely off though.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game needs a lot of fixes, NY server says 11 to 23 ping, my average ping in game is 57, always run into one rubber banding player, can't hit the person but they shoot with ease...

In BFV my ping in the server list is 18 on east coast servers, when i join it don't go up by 3-4times..says 18 it will be 18 for the entire game..

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Yup Caustic is 100% going to poison all of that beautiful blue water on King's Canyon based off of these teasers. Ugh.

I can't deny it'll be fun to play the floor is lava in later circles with octane. But I'm not sure less playable/lootable area is what this map needs. Hopefully the Town Takeover makes up for the loss.

maybe I'm completely off though.
I was under the impression he's taking the contaminants out of the water to make gas at the new town takeover. Maybe big gas tanks that people can arm/set off?

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Damn. One of my week four challenges was to get a bunch of damage done with some Legends, one of which was Octane. Decided to just do it on him as I like the idea of his mobility, and... jesus christ. What a legend. Zipping in and out of fights and using jump pads intelligently is so fucking satisfying. Won the last round with him that finished off the challenge and I'm a bit sad I need to play someone else for a different challenge.

ieqSdTQ.jpeg

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
You're not a true Octane player if you don't move around like a total nutjob. You can turn any area into Gauntlet with how quick the ult charges up.

haha yeh i know how it goes, but this guy was something else. Like breathing down your neck with a finger up your arse. Crazy good, no misplaced confidence.
I spent an hour last night trying to get one for 3 measly stars. Got it in the end, but no way was it worth it.
That challenge is getting re-rolled every time from now on.

I rerolled it to gather 200 crafting materials. Later on it reset back to finishing move. Rerolled it again to 1500 damage, got it in the one match i played lol

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I switched over to PC back in October and hadn't played any Apex for months because my friends were bummed out at no cross progression between PS4 and PC. Been playing for the past week and a half and I'm feeling hooked again, it feels great to be back. Also managed to pull off one of my best matches ever in ranked, don't think I've ever had this much damage/kills in the same match:

unknown.png

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Re aim assist: check on the dummies in firing range. It's like a magnet, even in hip fire.

I'm not usually one to complain about the servers aside from jest but they have been uglier since ACE and here's hoping the overnight patch helped a lot.

S8.1 patch coming in a couple of weeks is looking to be big. Notes for it at over 3k words are said to be about double the word length of s8.0 patch notes.

Gassy bois sweating rn

3,000 word rampart buff

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I switched over to PC back in October and hadn't played any Apex for months because my friends were bummed out at no cross progression between PS4 and PC. Been playing for the past week and a half and I'm feeling hooked again, it feels great to be back. Also managed to pull off one of my best matches ever in ranked, don't think I've ever had this much damage/kills in the same match:

unknown.png
tenor.gif

What rank?
3,000 word rampart buff
giphy.gif

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I like where Rampart's walls are right now. The problem is her ult. It's win-more in an already situational kit and it's not particularly impressive under ideal circumstances either.

The abilities of such a situational legend should mitigate each other's weaknesses. Like how Wattson can turn grenades from her biggest weakness to complete duds and Caustic can deploy gas without a long setup.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I've been at 9/10 knockdowns with a pistol. The first 9 didn't seem so annoying, but this last one has been super aggravating. I just want to be done with it.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been at 9/10 knockdowns with a pistol. The first 9 didn't seem so annoying, but this last one has been super aggravating. I just want to be done with it.
Use a Hammerpoint with decent mag P2020 and swap to it after stripping the other player's shields and closing in. It melts. It's like 35 hp a bullet against body health body shots and you can spam it super fast with pretty good precision too at closer ranges, like only behind R99 in light gun fire rates fast if you've got a fast trigger pull.

It with a Hemlok is pretty good, as is a R301. Really any gun that has more range versatility and that you're most comfortable with and then having that P2020 as your close range secondary.

I honestly think this gun and overall playstyle is slept on/underappreciated pretty hard by people.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Respawn needs to make some kind of compromise when they remove Locked and Loaded next week. It's going to be way too drastic going back to vanilla Apex. At the very least, remove the rare loot that's everywhere but keep the shields and Moza when you drop. Nobody misses getting shot in the back with no shield or gun when landing in an area.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Use a Hammerpoint with decent mag P2020 and swap to it after stripping the other player's shields and closing in. It melts. It's like 35 hp a bullet against body health body shots and you can spam it super fast with pretty good precision too at closer ranges, like only behind R99 in light gun fire rates fast if you've got a fast trigger pull.

It with a Hemlok is pretty good, as is a R301. Really any gun that has more range versatility and that you're most comfortable with and then having that P2020 as your close range secondary.

I honestly think this gun and overall playstyle is slept on/underappreciated pretty hard by people.

Yup, hammerpoints are great clean up tools. Even mozam slaps with it if you can aim -- four clean hits should kill even red shielded folks except for the big boys - also solid range on the shot at 34 per 1/3 pellets. Can't discount the super fast thirst option hammerpoints provide, especially against a team with a Lifeline.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Respawn needs to make some kind of compromise when they remove Locked and Loaded next week. It's going to be way too drastic going back to vanilla Apex. At the very least, remove the rare loot that's everywhere but keep the shields and Moza when you drop. Nobody misses getting shot in the back with no shield or gun when landing in an area.
I agree. Locked & Loaded should be the default really. I have a couple friends who hate dropping with a Mozam, but I love it because at least I have a little bit of a fighting chance, not to mention it comes with a 1x HCOG, which I actually value more than the Mozam itself lol.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I like where Rampart's walls are right now. The problem is her ult. It's win-more in an already situational kit and it's not particularly impressive under ideal circumstances either.

The abilities of such a situational legend should mitigate each other's weaknesses. Like how Wattson can turn grenades from her biggest weakness to complete duds and Caustic can deploy gas without a long setup.

I still feels the walls aren't it; for indoor/narrow situation control Caustic/Wattson have it better (and their's are harder to destroy under combat positions)...it just feels like her whole moveset is completely situational and like you said, even when it's a perfect setup its not as if her advantage is great.

She should get ammo boost on any gun and Id still buff the walls even more so when the odds fall into her favor in setup it's a clear fucking problem for other teams. Sheila...I don't know how to fix because finding that sweet spot of having a supergun that's not too overpowered but is still useful is gonna take work.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I agree. Locked & Loaded should be the default really. I have a couple friends who hate dropping with a Mozam, but I love it because at least I have a little bit of a fighting chance, not to mention it comes with a 1x HCOG, which I actually value more than the Mozam itself lol.

Agree. The 1X Hcog alone is a huge thing. So is the basic backpack.

There was a bug when they were extending Locked and Loaded earlier this week and I somehow got put into 3 matches of vanilla Apex. It was shocking how different the game felt. I'm actually really curious what people will say next week after vanilla is back.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I still feels the walls aren't it; for indoor/narrow situation control Caustic/Wattson have it better (and their's are harder to destroy under combat positions)...it just feels like her whole moveset is completely situational and like you said, even when it's a perfect setup its not as if her advantage is great.

She should get ammo boost on any gun and Id still buff the walls even more so when the odds fall into her favor in setup it's a clear fucking problem for other teams. Sheila...I don't know how to fix because finding that sweet spot of having a supergun that's not too overpowered but is still useful is gonna take work.
She isn't really meant to lock down buildings, but she does a good enough job of it imo. I don't know if it's on purpose or not but some places on Olympus, such as the small round buildings, are arguably easier to fortify with Rampart than the traditional campers.

The passive is underwhelming since it rarely matters on LMGs, but extending it to other guns might be too strong.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Agree. The 1X Hcog alone is a huge thing. So is the basic backpack.

There was a bug when they were extending Locked and Loaded earlier this week and I somehow got put into 3 matches of vanilla Apex. It was shocking how different the game felt. I'm actually really curious what people will say next week after vanilla is back.
Yeah, I don't miss vanilla at all at this point.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah, it's better to drop with the Mozambique and shield, it's way more fun for an unranked match. Just remove the good loot everywhere for vanilla

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I don't really consider Lifeline my main but I keep picking her because I keep getting matched with players who are obviously more experienced than me, and I feel like you get a lot of mileage from the healbot and autopilot revive without having to be a genius player. So I keep racking up those badges on Lifeline. Just got the one for winning two in a row. Didn't think that would ever happen. Maybe Lifeline IS my main at this point.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
This game is the most addicted I've been to an FPS and MP game since BF3, god damn. Came back at the start of this season and have been playing it daily now. Bangalore main right here.

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
This game is the most addicted I've been to an FPS and MP game since BF3, god damn. Came back at the start of this season and have been playing it daily now. Bangalore main right here.

Nice! I'm slowly prioritizing improving with Bangalore the same way I do with BH, Rev and Fuse. Lately, I have gotten into the habit of smoking my teammates as soon as I notice their health is going down too fast. My teammates get knocked a lot less often now.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It's the best MP FPS out there right now imo.

Way less toxic than Overwatch and CS, way less janky than BF or Warzone, way more populated than arena shooters.

And nothing matches the feel.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, duos is dead? the queues are ridiculous and never find match

Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing on PS5, and in many ways I enjoy the Dualsense controller. But lately, especially today, I feel like the controller is just terribly unresponsive at times.

Like, I don't know if it's just the game, my internet, me getting older or what, but I swear that inputs drop on the face & d-pad buttons all the time with it. You'll be trying to interact with something and you'll be literally mashing or pressing the buttons hard af only to have nothing happen.

That plus I feel like the analog sticks act really wonky at bad moments too.

Playing on PS4 with a DS4, I never felt controller awkwardness with button presses or aiming/moving (unless my sticks were drifting).
But these last few days it's almost felt like at times the Dualsense controller has been fighting against me, but very subtly.

Picking up things and down d-pad "thanks" both feel incredibly awkward and unresponsive with the controller at times, like I'll have to hit buttons 3 or more times, with more force each time.

Though as said, maybe it's just me getting old, the game itself, or my less than stellar internet. Still, it's starting to add up to be noticeable and annoying. And I remember GungJoe mentioning not particularly caring for playing Apex with the Dualsense and I think I'm starting to agree with that.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Say what you will about all the bad players, uneven SBMM, and map preferences you may have, but I'll take all of that over the lag I experience in this game sometimes, Good Lord.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Spit balling on the Rampart discussion: shes my least played because of her Ult. I propose fixing it by making it do little damage but it's also an auto sentry like Torbjorn in Overwatch.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
so it was me as Fuse, Lifeline and Octane. Of course Octane runs off by himself, then Lifeline and I get into a major skirmish and then the ring closed off, kills them both, and they both logged off, leaving me solo at Ring 3. So I just snuck around, then the last four squads were just 1 member each and i killed them all in a row.

My previous best was 8 kills and 2200 damage. So close to 3k though.

Also I depise Octane with a passion of a thousand burning suns.

DpTjJQP.jpg

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Way less toxic than Overwatch and CS, way less janky than BF or Warzone, way more populated than arena shooters.

You nailed it. It's all about the feel. This game is mega dialed in and it shows. Cannot wait to jump on tonight.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Anybody wanna play tonight? I'm gold tier trash but I promise I take direction well.

Oct 31, 2017
Spit balling on the Rampart discussion: shes my least played because of her Ult. I propose fixing it by making it do little damage but it's also an auto sentry like Torbjorn in Overwatch.
Yeah I've been mulling some ideas on what could be done regarding Rampart, in particular her ultimate, after some posts in here the last few days too.

I quite like your idea of turning Sheila into an automated, relatively low-damage yet persistent and annoying turret. Maybe it could also mark players it hits similar to how people who shoot Mirage's holograms get temporarily marked for you and the squad. Cause yeah, her ult for the most part is way too situational and is most often a death trap.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I've been mulling some ideas on what could be done regarding Rampart, in particular her ultimate, after some posts in here the last few days too.

I quite like your idea of turning Sheila into an automated, relatively low-damage yet persistent and annoying turret. Maybe it could also mark players it hits similar to how people who shoot Mirage's holograms get temporarily marked for you and the squad. Cause yeah, her ult for the most part is way too situational and is most often a death trap.
How about attaching her ult to a wall hardens the wall, a lot. Possibly even add some side protection to prevent flanks. Theoretically should allow you to pin down a squad so your squad can get an angle, without requiring much dev. time and effort.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Give sheila a shield like Gibby's, it can take some damage and then it drops. Make it wrap around a bit to protect from the sides.

It would give the user more survivability while not making it completely impenetrable.

Oct 31, 2017
How about attaching her ult to a wall hardens the wall, a lot. Possibly even add some side protection to prevent flanks. Theoretically should allow you to pin down a squad so your squad can get an angle, without requiring much dev. time and effort.
Give sheila a shield like Gibby's, it can take some damage and then it drops. Make it wrap around a bit to protect from the sides.

It would give the user more survivability while not making it completely impenetrable.
Yeah I think these are both solid ideas too.

Extra fortifying already placed amped walls, by maybe like a 3x health multiplier could be good and it would theoretically be an easier adjustment. Though they'd probably need to add an additional visual effect to make said 'fortification' understood from a glance at a distance I'd think.

A pseudo-gun shield like Gibraltar's could be good too. Then Shiela could be potentially useful even placed independently, away from amped walls.

I think Rampart is going to be tough to really elevate, because she runs the risk of really dominating the meta with her abilities being overly strong I'd think. Though a game as fast paced and movement oriented as Apex, a character whose design goal is "fortify this position in an offensive manner" will probably need to be a bit potent to have any kind of attractiveness.

Cause movement, intel, and more broad area/push denial are all just so potent in this game.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I think Rampart is going to be tough to really elevate, because she runs the risk of really dominating the meta with her abilities being overly strong I'd think. Though a game as fast paced and movement oriented as Apex, a character whose design goal is "fortify this position in an offensive manner" will probably need to be a bit potent to have any kind of attractiveness.

Cause movement, intel, and more broad area/push denial are all just so potent in this game.
That's the crux of the issue. Obviously defending and dissuading pushes has a (stinky, noxious) place but making "don't move" powerful in a game where mobility means so much is a tough sell, and tougher balancing act.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
My automatic aim has been trash for a few days now. The universe said "Oh, the Mastiff is starting to click for you? It gives, and so it takes". Today I decided to go back to some old flames, G7 and Longbow, and things finally started to feel good again. Praise the semi-auto gods.

Some short potato quality clips for anyone who may care: https://share.icloud.com/photos/08UpSQdqvxf0zP4V7lnzT0wMQ

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Nice! I'm slowly prioritizing improving with Bangalore the same way I do with BH, Rev and Fuse. Lately, I have gotten into the habit of smoking my teammates as soon as I notice their health is going down too fast. My teammates get knocked a lot less often now.

Yeah, Bangalore is actually crazy good depending on how you play her. She's probably one of the best legends that you can play for when engaging an enemy and needing to quickly disengage. I've been looking at ShivFPS play her, and.... that guy is arguably the best player I've ever seen. He's been incredibly helpful in helping me become a better player, especially as Bangalore. I'd recommend checking their channel out. :P

You can also smoke the enemies that are shooting at you too, or throw your ult to either loop round or escape enemies.

It's sooooooo much fun. The time to kill feels very fair, and there is a lot of skill required being able to effectively engage and disengage at the right moments, repositioning yourself to outwit your opponent, and rotating to the right spot on the map for final circle.