• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Ok, sorry to vent about this, but holy fuck can they stop bombarding us (pun intended) with a thousand variations of the exact same "bomb" gun charm having slightly different yet equally uninteresting recolors as rewards in the Comics? I swear to god, I'm so irritated at it all just being bombs just looking all the same, and being too ugly to use anyway. Please don't bother overflowing us with those useless charms, I'd rather not have them at all instead, they're now clogging my charm library ugh.

Sorry, it's silly, but damn, the gun charms rewards for the story/comics side of things have always been pretty lowpar, but this season, we're reaching a new low.

I'm down for joining/starting an Era Little Leaguers club as long we don't step on any toes (like if Delphine already has one up for this purpose, maybe we don't need another). How do clubs work with things like regional matchmaking/data centers? Would we need one EU and one NA equivalent, for instance?

Oh, there's already one, put it in the OP of this thread:

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS CLUB -
Resetera[EU]
- Feel free to ask Moksha information about it.
This club welcomes members of ResetEra of all regions, playing on PC/PS4/XBOX.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it works, but obviously you need to have taken damage already to start the bat, plus I don't think it's worth it against a bang or gibby ult, you should just get out of the way.

Just because the Bang ult actually stuns you for ages and the gibby ult can outright kill you.

In ranked a strategy against crypto teams is to avoid healing to full so that when they EMP you can pre-bat.

For crypto it used to be that you could open your inventory then drop your armour and regrab it after the ult hits, but they patched that out and now the shields take damage even if they're on the floor.

Appreciate it. Thanks man. 🙏

Oct 25, 2017
So I have now done every weekly challenge and I'm at battle pass level 33. This new star system is quite slow now that my only way of getting more levels is 50k XP.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So I have now done every weekly challenge and I'm at battle pass level 33. This new star system is quite slow now that my only way of getting more levels is 50k XP.

I'm currently at level 44, but I also make sure to log in to make dailies almost every day. But yeah, I do feel it's a bit slower than it used to be.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at BP Level 39 I think. Feels about the same as the previous system. Maybe a little bit slower. Average about 12 levels a week.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I've felt like I'm levelling up faster with the star system than I was in previous seasons. I feel like I'm playing a little bit less too. Could just be my imagination? Don't the dailies give you more levels per week than the previous system?

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
It feels natural to me because on the PS4 I had a controller with paddles so if you think about it, the mapping is very similar to having paddles with jump/crouch mapping on the back. Either way, I only keep two fingers on the right triggers and one on the left (since you should never need to jump and ADS at the exact same time, and it helps with grip to have one of your middle fingers at the back).

The main benefit is that I have it set to HOLD TO CROUCH and then I can crouch spam and b-hop very effectively using R2 while aiming and shooting. Hold to crouch in my opinion is nice because it lets you crouch/uncrouch very quickly and when b-hopping you can just hold the button as opposed to having to re-crouch after every jump.

Hmm, that's a great point you make about hold to crouch. I'd never considered that as useful, but now I can totally see it. I'll give that a go. Appreciate the advice!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Personally I've felt like I'm levelling up faster with the star system than I was in previous seasons. I feel like I'm playing a little bit less too. Could just be my imagination? Don't the dailies give you more levels per week than the previous system?
Yeah, if you do every daily each week under the star system, you get 5.6 levels per week. The old system was capped at two levels plus the XP the challenges awarded, which was less valuable as your week went on and your level up requirements increased.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Returned after like 8 or so months since last playing, mainly been playing warzone but that game has, were, gone down a cliff imo.

So far loving it, 4 wins in 4 or so days compared to 2 in the last 6 months for cod...

But man, getting 3rd party is so common lol.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
But man, getting 3rd party is so common lol.
You just have to accept it as a fundamental part of the game at this point. Apex's best-in-class movement also means you can cover ground quickly, and there's really no way to curb 3rd-partying outside of making massive, barren maps.

I just always work under the assumption that there's another squad just around the corner.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I actually have liked a lot the 30-30 Repeater. It awards patience and placing your shots carefully. It's like a good G7 for me, I've always hated the G7 but liked the idea of that gun. 30-30 is a fav now

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I actually have liked a lot the 30-30 Repeater. It awards patience and placing your shots carefully. It's like a good G7 for me, I've always hated the G7 but liked the idea of that gun. 30-30 is a fav now
Yeah I love the 30-30, it's very satisfying to use even if it's not top-tier.

Downing someone with a fully charged 30-30 headshot is :chef kiss:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
My combo..
R-301 and Charge Rifle.....with other sniper you have to adjust your shots based on distant, Beam Rifle can hit someone from 300meters with no adjustments.
if I can't get those..
It's Flatline or R-99 with Mastiff..

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
301 with Anvil is way better than I remember, maybe I didn't give it a chance last time it was in the game. It shreds.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017

The battle pass seems much faster than Warzone from a time input standpoint. The problem is that you basically have to play daily as you can't just make up ground with binge sessions here and there. Overall I think I prefer the Apex system since I'll easily finish it with about 45 minutes a day on average.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Re: battle pass - I just started playing this season, and the star system was instantly recognizable to me from Fortnite (although I think Epic may in turn have scrapped it since then). But it's actually new to Apex?

I've decided I'm satisfied if I hit level 50, as there's a nice Lifeline skin unlock there - I'm just not very good at gauging how my progress is going to be. I'm at 28 now, but there are a few weekly challenges I haven't done (the pistol one haunts me - I'm 50% through it purely from desperation looting, so I can do it, but I would be kinda shafting my team by actively going for it because I'm much better with an SMG or whatever). With another 70 days I think I should hit 50 just fine though

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
We're only three weeks into the season but I'm already a bit burned out. Not even sure if I want to finish the BP, even though I really like the Longbow.
BP was worth it for the Bangalore skin though.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Hey guys, just a quick heads up: I created a club called ReScrubEra. Anyone's welcome to join, but this club is mainly meant to cater to players who don't consider themselves that good, but are solid team players just looking to have fun without the toxicity often found playing with randos.

The club is currently sent to Request Required (feel free to suggest if I should change this), but anyone is welcome to make the request and I'll add you. I'm in California (PDT) and don't usually play with mics due to mostly having playing with randos, but am happy to mic up if playing with someone here. My XBL name is Cubby McQuilken if that makes it easier to just add me as a friend.

For anyone having trouble finding the club, set your server to Oregon GCE at the home screen and it'll populate the club, I couldn't get it to show up in the search on east coast servers. Once you're in the club you can go back to your regular servers.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, just a quick heads up: I created a club called ReScrubEra. Anyone's welcome to join, but this club is mainly meant to cater to players who don't consider themselves that good, but are solid team players just looking to have fun without the toxicity often found playing with randos.

The club is currently sent to Request Required (feel free to suggest if I should change this), but anyone is welcome to make the request and I'll add you. I'm in California (PDT) and don't usually play with mics due to mostly having playing with randos, but am happy to mic up if playing with someone here. My XBL name is Cubby McQuilken if that makes it easier to just add me as a friend.

No disrespect intended but this seems a little pointless to me. Unless the current club is overwhelmed with members, I don't see the point in stretching the community so thin. As far as I know, Delphine and default ERA club in the OT aren't overflowing with active members, and it's not a club for sweaty players or anything like that either.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
lmao had a guy ask me for my Insta account so he could stalk and mock his assumption of my physical appearance, after literal paragraphs of racial and ablest abuse via the in-game chat.

Also just won a game where we were running from the start because of all the 3rd-partying and 0 resources lol. Got into a few fights and won them, then last circle closed with us above ground and the other squad below ground with no way to reach each other. Managed to out-heal them for the win lol

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
No disrespect intended but this seems a little pointless to me. Unless the current club is overwhelmed with members, I don't see the point in stretching the community so thin. As far as I know, Delphine and default ERA club in the OT aren't overflowing with active members, and it's not a club for sweaty players or anything like that either.

No worries, Joe - no disrespect felt. I'm pretty new to this community, so I didn't realize there was indeed a club already. When a few people had talked about how toxic the Apex community was, I asked a couple of times if there were pre-existing clubs, and there seemed to be no clear consensus on that (I believe you talked about already being in a club, but I never got the sense whether this was an Era club or your own club). I may have missed any posts where others pointed to the main Era club, too. With there being players here who are more advanced, I also didn't know whether any existing clubs had specific goals in mind or were intended for certain types of players. It can be intimidating for a newbie to not feel like they're the weak link on their team letting down more experienced - though likely nice - players.

I don't want to step on any toes or unintentionally siphon off any players, so if the community feels like a new club would do just that, I'm happy to shut it down and look into joining the main Era club.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Re: battle pass - I just started playing this season, and the star system was instantly recognizable to me from Fortnite (although I think Epic may in turn have scrapped it since then). But it's actually new to Apex?

I've decided I'm satisfied if I hit level 50, as there's a nice Lifeline skin unlock there - I'm just not very good at gauging how my progress is going to be. I'm at 28 now, but there are a few weekly challenges I haven't done (the pistol one haunts me - I'm 50% through it purely from desperation looting, so I can do it, but I would be kinda shafting my team by actively going for it because I'm much better with an SMG or whatever). With another 70 days I think I should hit 50 just fine though

3xfbxcgwe6f61.png

You're ahead of the curve for 110 right now fella

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
No worries, Joe - no disrespect felt. I'm pretty new to this community, so I didn't realize there was indeed a club already. When a few people had talked about how toxic the Apex community was, I asked a couple of times if there were pre-existing clubs, and there seemed to be no clear consensus on that (I believe you talked about already being in a club, but I never got the sense whether this was an Era club or your own club). I may have missed any posts where others pointed to the main Era club, too. With there being players here who are more advanced, I also didn't know whether any existing clubs had specific goals in mind or were intended for certain types of players. It can be intimidating for a newbie to not feel like they're the weak link on their team letting down more experienced - though likely nice - players.

I don't want to step on any toes or unintentionally siphon off any players, so if the community feels like a new club would do just that, I'm happy to shut it down and look into joining the main Era club.

I'm not even in the ERA club myself because I have my own group of friends that I'm clubbed up with but I just think for those that want to play together it makes sense if you all band together in the same club.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I have more success with the semi shotgun than the mastiff, so unreliable.
R99 still GOAT.

Honestly all guns actually feel great and balanced, even the Mozambique is pretty solid for beginning game. Such a nice change from warzone.

Where the fuck is my peecekeeper at? Sad to see the heavy SMG is loot drop, loved using it once you got the full auto mod.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not even in the ERA club myself because I have my own group of friends that I'm clubbed up with but I just think for those that want to play together it makes sense if you all band together in the same club.

I totally get your view point, and I think it makes sense. Again, I just didn't know the state of the Era community (if there was one, what the goals were, etc). My goal is not to step on any toes or do anything redundant, and I'll admit to not having read the OT and seen this info when I initially started posting.

Based on a few responses I got in this thread, it seems like others may have missed this info, too. To copy and paste from the OT:

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS CONSOLE CLUBS -
Xbox Club: ApexEra
PlayStation Club: ApexEra

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
My clip made the front page of the Apex subreddit

Damn, did not see that before. Excellent big brain play. I'm pretty sure could have pulled something like that off once in a while, but in a high-stress situation where it actually mattered I would 100% mess up the excution and fall down, making for a very different kind of clip.

3xfbxcgwe6f61.png
You're ahead of the curve for 110 right now fella

Stole this - thanks.

Found the ResetEraEU club and joined it (at least I think I did - I could see the [ERA] tag during character select). Now I just need to figure out how I can see which other members are online.

I also prefer the EVA-8 over the Mastiff. It's accurate at a not-terrible range, with a good shotgun bolt it fires really fast, AND I seem to be having an easier time landing a majority of projectiles per shot with it - something about the spread pattern? EVA-8 feels like a Mozambique big brother, Mastiff behaves ... differently. Never tried a Peacekeeper yet. :<

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Just ran into a cheating squad Bangalore, Wraith running faster than Octane..

EDIT: This hacking group was running with weapons out and they ran faster than Octane...

Last edited:

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, sorry to vent about this, but holy fuck can they stop bombarding us (pun intended) with a thousand variations of the exact same "bomb" gun charm having slightly different yet equally uninteresting recolors as rewards in the Comics? I swear to god, I'm so irritated at it all just being bombs just looking all the same, and being too ugly to use anyway. Please don't bother overflowing us with those useless charms, I'd rather not have them at all instead, they're now clogging my charm library ugh.

Sorry, it's silly, but damn, the gun charms rewards for the story/comics side of things have always been pretty lowpar, but this season, we're reaching a new low.
I'm fairly confident in my thinking that the entire reason they added gun charms to the game was to dilute the loot pool and make it harder for people to get the shit they actually want.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Just ran into a cheating squad Bangalore, Wraith running faster than Octane..

EDIT: This hacking group was running with weapons out and they ran faster than Octane...
I once encountered a gibby hacker running really fast like a madman as he's trying to get away and abandoning his downed teammates. It really amused me, but we managed to kill him.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly confident in my thinking that the entire reason they added gun charms to the game was to dilute the loot pool and make it harder for people to get the shit they actually want.
They're better than the quips, banners, and stat trackers at least, but I find it really annoying that you can't equip the same charm on multiple weapons. Like, really Apex, you're being that chintzy?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
It's going to be hard going to non-locked and loaded games after tomorrow. Love love LOVE the increased based rarity, and landing with gray shields and a Mozambique is also so welcome.

Hope Respawn sees the overall positive reaction to the LTM and makes changes to the standard game accordingly and promptly.

On the topic of microtransactions, I personally would love to see the removal of Apex Packs OR the premium battlepass. Having both of them feels weird. Obviously I'd love to see the removal of apex packs, but that seems unlikely unless loot boxes start getting clamped down on. But the apex packs seem kinda useless unless you're trying to get heirloom shards because the loot pool is rarely updated and the coolest skins are the event and battle pass skins.

IF I were in charge, each season/event would add new stuff to the loot pool. (All the battlepass items we currently get) Completing a battlepass or buying skins in an event guarantees you unlock those stuff but buying apex packs can get you those items too.

It also sucks that if you don't play a certain character, some battle passes are less exciting than others.

Last edited:

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Didn't realize locked and loaded ends soon. That's the only game mode I've known. Really curious to see if experiencing the default mode dampens my enjoyment of the game.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't realize locked and loaded ends soon. That's the only game mode I've known. Really curious to see if experiencing the default mode dampens my enjoyment of the game.

It's going to be a big adjustment for me and I've been playing since S1. Love this damn mode so much.

One of the reasons why I joined Resetera is to contribute to this thread in hopes Respawn is reading some feedback from us and using that in some of their decision making. Obviously they're looking at data from millions of people who play daily, but I think it might help in a small way.

Yo Respawn and Vinny Z: If you're reading this — Locked and Loaded should 100% be the new default mode in Apex. You know it's rad. You know you're on to something good here. The game has to evolve and this it.

Side note for Respawn: Please for the love of god do not bring back Worlds Edge. Do not do us dirty like that. 😂

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I think GungJoe mentioned this, but something looks markedly better about Kings Canyon this season. Did they improve the textures? It's like they removed a layer of film that was all over everything. I always thought KC looked OK but now it's up there with Olympus and WE in terms of the visuals.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Why does everyone hate World's Edge again? Never actually played it, just seen it played on Twitch.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Why does everyone hate World's Edge again? Never actually played it, just seen it played on Twitch.

I like worlds edge quite a bit. Upon release, I thought it was amazing. I definitely cooled on it a bit over time, but I think there is a good amount of diversity between key locations and visual style of the three maps that they make for a really good rotation.
However, it can be annoying if you have an hour to play and the rotation is not on your preferred map. I'm not sure what they plan to do with the rotation of the three maps in the future. There will be a fourth at some point too.

Saying that, I hate hot dropping into Capitol city, especially since the re-work.