• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
alzyjnb.png

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Maybe we should just start a "club" or whatever?

Anyway, I caved and got the battle pass. Didn't think I would be able to scrape together enough crafting materials to get the Hot Blooded skin for Lifeline, and I really wanted it. With my playtime already surpassing 30 hours I think they've deserved a paltry 100 NOK.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
I'm guaranteed to have at least 1 game in a play session down one teammate at the selection screen or have none at all. And when it happens game after game it just is psychologically draining and not a fun experience.
This has been especially brutal this week. Couple nights ago I had a run where in 7 games I got one full squad, 4 duos, and 2 solos. On the solos I played til drop just to see how many other people were affected. 58 people. Literally only me that was missing a squad mate. After the second solo I just quit and did something else.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Ive been in the Resetera EU club for a month now and haven't really seen anyone one at the same time since I'm in the US and understandbly I think most in the club are in different timezones. I hate the expectations of playing with others I know, as I usually play like crap whenever I'm with friends, I know most other players feel the same way.

I dabbled in ranked and compared to locked and loaded or whatever the game mode was with a moz and a shield, it's so much more stressful and negative to play without those on the drop in ranked. I hate the feeling of dropping and not finding a shield, backpack, helmet, etc. I went multiple matches in ranked without even a white helmet, partly because I was used to not picking them up, but also rng is crap in ranked. I wish everyone would get white-level on the drop with the moz and floor loot is increased in level.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
I just took delivery of a back button for my DS4!
I somehow managed to get one from Amazon at retail price.
Is anyone else here using one? iirc GungJoe does.
What's the optimal use for each button? Jump and crouch?

Any way to see how I got killed? Kill cam?

No, and I don't think there ever will be because of the ability to communicate with teammates after death with spectate.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I forgot to mute got some screaming asshole who didn't like my choice of landing location, quit before landed, literally refuse to put up with the toxic shit..

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been in the Resetera EU club for a month now and haven't really seen anyone one at the same time since I'm in the US and understandbly I think most in the club are in different timezones. I hate the expectations of playing with others I know, as I usually play like crap whenever I'm with friends, I know most other players feel the same way.

I dabbled in ranked and compared to locked and loaded or whatever the game mode was with a moz and a shield, it's so much more stressful and negative to play without those on the drop in ranked. I hate the feeling of dropping and not finding a shield, backpack, helmet, etc. I went multiple matches in ranked without even a white helmet, partly because I was used to not picking them up, but also rng is crap in ranked. I wish everyone would get white-level on the drop with the moz and floor loot is increased in level.
I'm usually online during US times. My messed up schedule has me playing during 2-10am GMT.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

Yeah, a club may be the way to go about it. Is anyone else interested in this, or no? If we went the club route, maybe having 2 Era clubs - one for those that are super high level players and those for scrubs like me that are happy to get 2 kills in a game? :p

I forgot to mute got some screaming asshole who didn't like my choice of landing location, quit before landed, literally refuse to put up with the toxic shit..

I get tempted sometimes to enable the mic audio just to hear some of the shit I've missed out on since playing it. I've had all that shit muted since day 1 at the system level, so I don't have to manually mute each squad I join.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love if we got a club going. I finally got the rust off and have been winning more often. All I need now are pals to play with. I'm actually surprised we don't have a Club yet.

I've settled into Longbow/R-99 combo being my go-to. I feel really great landing shots at a distance while a teammate rushes from the side to put pressure on the enemy. The only downside---when you have a bad day and are missing shots, your teammate is running into the lion's den. Then they get knocked and get ragey as to why you aren't up close with them.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, a club may be the way to go about it. Is anyone else interested in this, or no? If we went the club route, maybe having 2 Era clubs - one for those that are super high level players and those for scrubs like me that are happy to get 2 kills in a game? :p
I'm interested. Till now, I have mostly ignored the club feature, since it seems like most people just use it to have a fancy tag in front of their username.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I just took delivery of a back button for my DS4!
I somehow managed to get one from Amazon at retail price.
Is anyone else here using one? iirc GungJoe does.
What's the optimal use for each button? Jump and crouch?

I'm not using one anymore on account of playing on PS5. I could still use the DualShock 4 but because all other games force me to use a DualSense I made the switch.

Now I just went back to my weird control mapping...

L1 to aim
R1 to shoot
L2 to jump
R2 to crouch
x to ping
circle to use ability
r3 as melee
triangle to swap
square to reload

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why teammates want to jump into the middle of a fight between two teams instead of waiting for one to finish the other.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not using one anymore on account of playing on PS5. I could still use the DualShock 4 but because all other games force me to use a DualSense I made the switch.

L1 to aim
R1 to shoot
L2 to jump
R2 to crouch
x to ping
circle to use ability
r3 as melee
triangle to swap
square to reload
A fellow Ninja, though our 1 and 2 triggers are swapped front to back. 🥷

Oct 31, 2017
Wild Card and I were talking last night about the game's matchmaking, how it is "engagement" designed, and how it will give you a highly favorable first game of a given day where you have high odds of winning only to then be fed game-after-game of extremely low odds, literal handicapped games.

Just had the game fully exemplify this in 30 minutes today.

Played 3 games. I'm jumpmaster in the first 2.

Won the first in dominating fashion. 2420 damage, 6 kills, 17 squad kills with two others who were competent, pinged and responded to pings, and who stuck together and worked as a team. We landed in the high tier loot marked zone which was Containment and fought our way out of the hot drop as a team. Classic Apex win that's fun. The server connection was so good, my shots were so crisp and the general gameplay was so smooth I was able to use and really succeed with a Longbow, with a 4x8 sight on it and everything. Shots were hitting.

Second game. I'm jumpmaster again, again go for the high tier loot zone, this time its the area next to Mirage Voyage, by Market. I'm in a building with a teammate but in another room. Teammate gets knocked. I run across to meet up with their fight and run into a bad lagger who annihilates me outright, effortlessly. Neat stuff. Post game shows neither teammate did any damage. Awesome.

Game 3. Immediately only have a single other teammate in legend select. He's jumpmaster. We again go to hot zone which is Cage this time. We smartly land at the covered walkway perimeters of the PoI to loot alone then converge and try to clean up the chaos. It goes well at first and we move down and into the Cage. We kill 1, knock a second but my mate gets knocked by the second one. Before I have a chance to pick him up a third person comes in that's a Pathfinder. I'm holding a Flatline so I think I've got a decent shot at winning a head to head at shorter range, especially against a Pathfinder as Wraith. HELL FUCKING NO. Guy comes through the door and as I'm training my reticle on him, he jumps 10 feet to my right and fucking ANNIHILATES ME with lag on his side. Like horrible lag at the most convenient, tide turning time for this person.

Just look at this 30 second clip:

I'm certain that this game carefully controls your chances at success with its matchmaking and the algorithms they've built, especially if you are solo, but also if you are playing as a duo in trios. At least pubs trios feels extremely "algorithm'd".

The first game of the day was picture perfect, ideal conditions. No lag. Super crispy shots. Intense, close gunfights but wound up on top due to quality teammates and server stability. The 2 follow ups were the exact opposite, and this shit is constant. It happens constantly, every day I play.

I don't know how single player, decently skilled solo-queuers can put up with this at length. The game didn't feel anywhere this bad as a solo player in the first year, that's for sure.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Somebody tell me why almost every Octane teammate I get runs off on their own, gets downed by a whole squad far away from the rest of the team, and then immediately leaves afterwards. I mean I get that you wanna be a speedy boi and I guess I wouldn't hold it against you if you can hold your own in a 1v3 but most of the times that's not the case.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any good club names? Once we have that, someone should make and start inviting. The discord server might be the best place to ask and start building this though.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Dropped an accidental 4k today.

301/Volt, zero farming yet only 9 kills and 2nd place, almost won. People kept pushing me and everyone got beamed but 1vs3 as Loba is so hard and takes so long when they Bloodhound scan so know you're alone, Lifeline res, Wraith portal to get out etc...

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Takes ages to log in. Takes ages to load champ squad. Takes ages to quit back to lobby. More like Season Wait.

fucking garbage hitreg and netcode last few weeks too. What's going on at respawn? Everything about this game right now is shoddy af

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have any good club names? Once we have that, someone should make and start inviting. The discord server might be the best place to ask and start building this though.

Delphine has a resetera club going already I believe.

Anyone that can hold they're own and uses a mic can also join my club if they fancy (our club name is Third Party Police).

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Somebody tell me why almost every Octane teammate I get runs off on their own, gets downed by a whole squad far away from the rest of the team, and then immediately leaves afterwards. I mean I get that you wanna be a speedy boi and I guess I wouldn't hold it against you if you can hold your own in a 1v3 but most of the times that's not the case.
"Faster! Faster! Faster!"

"Im hit!"

"I'm down! ¡No bueno!"

*leaves*

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
the loot system in this game sucks so bad. drop, open four boxes and not a single weapon or shield in any of them. just terrible

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I don't understand why teammates want to jump into the middle of a fight between two teams instead of waiting for one to finish the other.
Well personally, I understand that in terms of winning the game, it makes more sense to let them fight and then finish off the winners. But sometimes, it's hard to ignore that if you jump in now, there's 6 potential kills instead of 3. If I'm feeling thirsty, sometimes I can't help myself.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
I'm already in a club of me and a couple of my buddies, so I'm not sure if I would need to leave that one first, but I'd be down to play with peeps.

Anyway since respawn has been messing with the loot pool with this recent event what do people think of the current armor meta?

I personally feel like they should remove purple armor from the loot pool so the only armors you can find are white and blue, and purple and red need to be leveled up.

Might help with some of those hot drops where an enemy team gets all the good armor and they only thing you have is a re-45 with 40 rounds.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
the loot system in this game sucks so bad. drop, open four boxes and not a single weapon or shield in any of them. just terrible
RNG needs work, looking for a R-301, can't find one, using Flatline, the area in which I picked up the Flatline didn't have a lot of heavy ammo, and none of my teammates are using heavy, move to the ring open 3 bins, get three R-301 lol...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Echoing Wild Card above, I'm in a club with IRL friends, but down to party with anyone. Hit me up on steam, same name as here.

Oct 26, 2017
Well personally, I understand that in terms of winning the game, it makes more sense to let them fight and then finish off the winners. But sometimes, it's hard to ignore that if you jump in now, there's 6 potential kills instead of 3. If I'm feeling thirsty, sometimes I can't help myself.
Yeah, it's just frustrating because I feel like there are opportune times, like:

I think the perfect situation is to engage before one of the two teams gets wiped, but after there are multiple knocks. Makes it harder for the surviving team to shield swap/heal/reposition.
And I completely agree with this. But some people get the bloodlust.

I hate spending time loading into a match, dropping, looting forever, getting great gear, then dying in our first encounter from poor decisions. Then I queue up and do it again....Just finished a match where we were out in the open sandwiched, with a clear path to drop down into safety, and when I told team to retreat and heal, someone said, "Fuck that." Then we died.

tenor.gif

It's a good thing I really like this game. lol

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I start playing today can I finish the Anniversary event or is supposed to be something that you do in the whole month?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how long it'll take for them to fix Bloodhound's completely untextured anniversary skin, lol.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

Good idea! Scrub here. :) (CET btw.)

How 'bout something like "Scrub Club" for the name? Or "Era Scrubs," or anything else that comes to mind?

Since a few of the better gamers here already have clubs, maybe this one can just be for people who aren't great, but are happy to communicate / work together to do as well as they can in a no-pressure sort of way?

I'm not super knowledgeable about Discord since I don't play a lot of multiplayer games, but I'm happy to look into that option if it'd help with communication. I figured maybe there was a way to do party-only chats in-game, but I could be wrong about that.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
Can I just say that the fact that the firing range is connected to a server has become so much more annoying ever since they added holosprays?

Oct 26, 2017
You jinxed me tonight. I just had 2 games in a row with an Octane that did this. lol.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019

L1 to aim
R1 to shoot
L2 to jump
R2 to crouch
x to ping
circle to use ability
r3 as melee
triangle to swap
square to reload

Thanks! I've played around with crouch and jump on the extra triggers and moved ADS and Shoot to L1 and R1 respectively.
It's playing havoc with my muscle memory, as I still try to use the buttons regularly. But past the initial hurdle I can see the benefits.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I'm down for joining/starting an Era Little Leaguers club as long we don't step on any toes (like if Delphine already has one up for this purpose, maybe we don't need another). How do clubs work with things like regional matchmaking/data centers? Would we need one EU and one NA equivalent, for instance?

You jinxed me tonight. I just had 2 games in a row with an Octane that did this. lol.

I always assumed they just wanna do the sick streamer plays but lack the skill to pull them off beyond just running ahead.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know when Locked and Loaded ended l, if it was at the end of the Anniversary event in a few days or when the Extended Anniversary Challenges end around the end of the season, so I decided to grind out the 3333 Mozambique Damage challenge tonight. Fucking hell this has been a long night... I only had 700 or so at the start of the evening. I'm at 3000 now. Only a little bit longer and I can be done using this thing. Can't find the Hammerpoint hop-up to save my life either; it's all been vanilla damage. I did get 700~ Mozambique damage on the last match I played though; it was pretty satisfying. Barely even used the Gold R-301 I was running.

EDIT: Damn... Just finished a match, thought I was done... 3332 damage with the bique.

Last edited:

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Lol, just had one of the "run ahead, die, quit" Octanes in a match. Literally down to a tee. Ran ahead way out of range, got killed, and instantly quit before we even had a chance to recover his badge. We won the 2v3 teamfight that followed, so it actually would have been fine. Please don't do this if you play Octane.

xxx shiv xxx

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
I'd be up for joining the minor-league club if anyone starts one up lol. I would imagine it might be best to have ones separate for US vs EU and also separate for console vs pc? My psn is xx_shiv_xx and gamer tag is same as user name if anyone ever wants to squad up. I'd just be happy to play with people who don't quit and not get stuck starting games with only 2 people.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I need to get better at ignoring it, but it would be cool if downed team mates only had a limited amount of pings.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Finally unlock Caustic character with the most skins unlock, 11 and i probably never use him, his big ass hitbox is easy target, my friend uses him, 90% of the time first to get down, it's the reason Lifeline has become my main..

It's strange i have so many Caustic skins yet I don't have a single Fuse skin, all those packs from the Anniversary event and leveling packs and not even an intro quip or stat tracker.. I got the Frame from free Battlepass reward..

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! I've played around with crouch and jump on the extra triggers and moved ADS and Shoot to L1 and R1 respectively.
It's playing havoc with my muscle memory, as I still try to use the buttons regularly. But past the initial hurdle I can see the benefits.

It feels natural to me because on the PS4 I had a controller with paddles so if you think about it, the mapping is very similar to having paddles with jump/crouch mapping on the back. Either way, I only keep two fingers on the right triggers and one on the left (since you should never need to jump and ADS at the exact same time, and it helps with grip to have one of your middle fingers at the back).

The main benefit is that I have it set to HOLD TO CROUCH and then I can crouch spam and b-hop very effectively using R2 while aiming and shooting. Hold to crouch in my opinion is nice because it lets you crouch/uncrouch very quickly and when b-hopping you can just hold the button as opposed to having to re-crouch after every jump.