• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Just had an interesting bug where a teammate got killed inside the boxing ring on Olympus, and when we respawned him later (thanks for the squad wipe badge on Pathfinder, guys) he was locked into the melee mode from the ring - couldn't equip weapons or use abilities. Tried going back inside the ring to reset, no dice. Made things kinda hard.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
Just had an interesting bug where a teammate got killed inside the boxing ring on Olympus, and when we respawned him later (thanks for the squad wipe badge on Pathfinder, guys) he was locked into the melee mode from the ring - couldn't equip weapons or use abilities. Tried going back inside the ring to reset, no dice. Made things kinda hard.
The only way to play. Reminds me of the time we started in the ring then our 3rd just ran off and started meleeing people outside the ring (he didn't have that bug) and somehow got just over 1k damage from it...

I don't remember his name but we'll just call him Lil Mac. o7

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I have heirloom shards but I cannot decide who to use them on. I'll probably keep them forever due to indecision.

Bloodhound was always my main, and I have their heirloom, but last season I was Horizon full time. I've barely played with her this season though and have been spending most of the season as Gibraltar lol. I feel like I should just try to have self control and not buy one until I really settle into a new character again for more than a season.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
EA needs to fix Origin, i am tired of my friends launching their games and it minimizing my game, I have all notifications off it's been like that since day 1, yet shit still happens...

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
I have heirloom shards but I cannot decide who to use them on. I'll probably keep them forever due to indecision.

Bloodhound was always my main, and I have their heirloom, but last season I was Horizon full time. I've barely played with her this season though and have been spending most of the season as Gibraltar lol. I feel like I should just try to have self control and not buy one until I really settle into a new character again for more than a season.
I've always wondered if you got another set of shards would they just sit there too? I think I would be in the same position. Bloodhound or maybe wait for Bangalore to get hers.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Feel this in my soul. Had a game this weekend where as we are dropping and getting close, I ping where Im going. A little off, but close enough where we can get to each other if a fight breaks out. As I land, a teammate lands beside me. Not super irritated, the building is big with a few paths, so my teammate is looting, I run ahead to let him have at so we aren't on top of one another. He literally is with me step for step, and as Im looking for stuff to grab, he keeps picking stuff up. THAT is irritating.
giphy.gif

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I would be totally fine never seeing WE again and we just move on to a new third map.

I absolutely adore Olympus. If I could change anything, I feel like the POI with the two towers with skybridges should be closer to the center.

I thought WE was amazing when it first came out mainly because the overall look and scope was much more in the Titanfall universe than KC -- But the more time I spent there and the more I actually struggle to recall a single place that I enjoyed dropping on that map. Capitol City? Fuck that. Skyhook? Meh. Epicenter? The worst....It's also the only map where I've been caught out in the ring and died many times due to the mountains blocking everything.

With Olympus I already have 5 areas off the top of my head that are alot of fun to drop. KC I have like 15 drops I love.

In short, yeah....Fuck WE and I hope they just stick to Olympus and KC for the entire Season 8.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad I'm not alone in my WE hate. I came back for S7 and completely dropped it again mid season when it was the ranked map again.

It's not unredeemable, and I hope they do some massive changes to bring it in line, but it's gonna take a lot to make it fun, then again complete with KC v3(?) and Olympus 1.0.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Why exactly do the pros all intensely love WE over the other maps so much? I understand having favourites but it's like they actively dislike the others.

Even the 3rd partying complaints on KC seem strange now with the north area so open. Wouldn't that mean that there was no good map in the game until WE?

I think it's a great map but I also feel the same way about the others lol. I don't miss it at all purely because they've had it on rotation so much over the past year. We need a break. Olympus didn't even get one full season alone whereas the other two have had several solo seasons.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm very interested to see the inevitable major Olympus changes next season. I'm assuming the Rift will get a makeover. I'd also like to see a new ship docked. I could do with the center fans getting reworked too.

Of course, I'd gladly take a surprise new map for S9, but I highly doubt they'll have one ready by then.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible surprise where a guy in the squad said he can't aim and could we carry him, only to end up with 1,700 damage, 6 kills and the win, even when he spent a 3rd of the game waiting for a respawn lol.

What a G.

Oct 25, 2017
I went through the trouble of beating up a robot to get its arm to attach to another robot.

I was rewarded with a gold Mozambique, gold helmet and a skullpiercer.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm not gonna lie. I think I prefer spawning in with a weapon and white everything. It's gonna be hard going back after this is over.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Just a had great streak of games with randoms. Three games in a row, three complete strangers all sticking together, pinging, reviving and respawning and GGs at the end. I love this game. I'm not good at the shooting part, but I'm more than cool with being that one-kill player that has managed to sneak in a respawn amidst a three-party gunfight to keep our team going right up till the end.

And for all the shit that Octane players get: Just had a win with 17 team kills (one from yours truly), and when we saw the results, I went "oh, well.." and the Octane said "Don't worry man" and I knew he meant it.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
I opened up my two event packs, along with 10 or so rare I'd saved up from the event.

I got the legendary Crypto (it's nice, but I never play him) and the Epic Hemlock (decent).

I also got another two Legendaries, a Nitro Devotion skin, and one of Ramparts Saree skins.

Now I'm wondering if I should craft the Bangalore skin or save the mats for the next collection event??

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I opened up my two event packs, along with 10 or so rare I'd saved up from the event.

I got the legendary Crypto (it's nice, but I never play him) and the Epic Hemlock (decent).

I also got another two Legendaries, a Nitro Devotion skin, and one of Ramparts Saree skins.

Now I'm wondering if I should craft the Bangalore skin or save the mats for the next collection event??
Crimson Queen is easily Bangs best skin (along with the original and her BP skin), at 1200 Crafting Materials it's kind of a steal.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opened the second free pack and got Mirage's epic skin. Kinda bummed I didn't get any legendary skins. No way I'm buying any packs, though. They're way too expensive. 🤔

I did buy the Battle Pass, though. Bangalore's skin at lv25 (?) is way, way, waaaaaaaay too badass.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
*Me and another teammate in a 2v3 with the last squad*

Teammate: "Do you have a gun I can use? I don't have any ammo."

Me:

96CxqAD.jpg

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
At 41:15 in today's Nintendo Direct, we have the first-ever footage of Apex running on Switch.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like it will be at 30 FPS without HD textures. I don't mind, but I probably will deactivate Cross-Play when I'll be playing on Switch.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ok the taking forever to load back into the lobby is seriously starting to get on my nerves. Why is this a thing? It never was an issue before but now it is.

Oct 31, 2017
In a post I wrote in here the other day I mentioned that I felt like the guns are probably in the best shape they've been meta-wise for awhile.

But the last two days I've been casually trying to user snipers to get knockdowns for the "get 10 knocks with snipers" weekly challenge, and it's been pretty frustrating for me.

At this point in the game's lifespan, it feels like sniping is pretty hard to be highly effective with unless your aim is super on point and your network/connection to the game is super good (which is a rarity for me).

I feel like people move so quickly at all times, whether it's closing gaps to/from teams or from cover to cover, or just generally strafing and general movement, that trying to snipe people at reasonable sniper distance (3x scope range+) is very inconsistent/unreliable.

Snipers deal so little damage/DPS for the most part, ammo is so limited with them, and people are so quick to reposition that it makes holding a sniper rifle a huge risk it feels like, especially considering the versatility of so many other weapons in the sandbox atm.

The Assault Rifles are all so good at mid-long to mid-short ranges (outside of really the 30-30 which only excels at mid -> mid-long) that it's not hard to get into a sniper's face to fully disrupt their attempts at sitting back and taking potshots.

I'm not sure what the best course of action to better incentivize sniping would be. I feel like the snipers might be better served by upping the bullet velocity on the projectile-based ones, namely the Longbow and Sentinel. The Triple Take and the Charge Rifle both feel more viable than those two (to me) because their natures compensate for the projectile issues the others have (3 pellet spread & hitscan fire respectively).

Right now, I feel like the Longbow and Sentinel are not really worth holding on to at all. BUT, I also don't want an oppressive sniper meta to take over the game either so it's tough. But I would like to see more sniper usage overall, especially those two guns.

Ok the taking forever to load back into the lobby is seriously starting to get on my nerves. Why is this a thing? It never was an issue before but now it is.
This is definitely annoying. The games I played today took like 30 seconds to back out and annoyed me each time.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
If the server is laggy it can take forever to get back into the lobby. Faster to just close the game and boot it up again. Been like that for quite some time for me (on PS4/PS5, Europe).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm not sure what the best course of action to better incentivize sniping would be. I feel like the snipers might be better served by upping the bullet velocity on the projectile-based ones, namely the Longbow and Sentinel.
I could get behind this for the Sentinel for sure, though I think the Longbow is in a pretty good spot. When you're keyed in and rocking a skullpiercer, it's pretty fucking nasty.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, an update: according to a message I received on Xbox Live, I'm the worst player in the world.

Just wanted to let you know you're all sharing a thread with a legend, apparently.
Oh hey nice to meet you! I'm the worst player on PC! Two legends in one thread.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, an update: according to a message I received on Xbox Live, I'm the worst player in the world.

Just wanted to let you know you're all sharing a thread with a legend, apparently.
I really don't see why people feel the need to berate others. It literally adds nothing to their life. Imagine taking the time and energy just to cuss at someone. Makes no sense. Don't let em get to you.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Oh hey nice to meet you! I'm the worse player on PC! Two legends in one thread.

IU9NU3t.gif

I really don't see why people feel the need to berate others. It literally adds nothing to their life. Imagine taking the time and energy just to cuss at someone. Makes no sense. Don't let em get to you.

Thanks for the kind words. I was actually surprised by how his "civil" his message was - no profanity or spelling errors, even! I just wrote him back saying, "In the WORLD? Sweet!"

Oct 31, 2017
I could get behind this for the Sentinel for sure, though I think the Longbow is in a pretty good spot. When you're keyed in and rocking a skullpiercer, it's pretty fucking nasty.
Yeah. That's just it though, I feel like they are especially reliant on both your aim and your connection being fully on point. I guess for the snipers that's probably okay. Awhile back my internet setup was much better than my current one and I felt like the Longbow and Sentinel were more viable then.

Trying to use a fully kitted Longbow earlier, I was just whiffing every shot and it felt terrible. That's what got me thinking.

If they both shot their bullets faster and with less bullet drop off, they'd be pretty good. Would that break the game towards snipers? Idk.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Longbow is fine. It's semi and fires fast, you should be able to place your long range shots with some quick calibration. Sentinel I'd be down for a bullet speed boost though. I also think making the 2-4x have the rangefinder of the 4-8x would help sniping in general, too. If bullet travel is a hurdle for you, the Charge Rifle exists. 🤷🏽‍♂️

And remember kids, you're never safe when there's an Octane around:

iCloud Photos - Apple iCloud

View, organize, and share photos and videos with iCloud Photos on the web. Changes will sync across your devices with iCloud.