• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
A lot of people don't understand this game, projectile netcode is different, they think they can just rush teams with the high ground, that shit works in older hitscan netcode like Call of Duty games, not only is there less bullet drop when aiming down, they also have the tactical advantage, yet players love to rush high ground and get rekt..

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Kings Canyon doesn't work anymore. Everyone is too good now and there's too many mobility abilities for that map

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Controversial Opinion maybe but: Locked and Loaded should be the default game mode.

At the very least, the removal of gray loot.
But I like the Mozambique/gray shields on drop. I've yet to run into a full team dropping on me and mozambiqueing me and I feel like it's rare enough that that shouldn't be a concern.

maybe nerf the Mozambique's base firerate slightly or something.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Kings Canyon doesn't work anymore. Everyone is too good now and there's too many mobility abilities for that map

I don't know, I like the rotation happening within the map and how free you're to move around it with some chuckle points. Even if third parties is still happening a lot, I think it's a funnier battleground than World Edge, and even Olympus, can be.

I even would like the map to be smaller, I'm not a big fan of the new zone they made, feel like teams are dropping everywhere and you have sometimes a lot of waiting time before encountering someone unless you go in the hot zone.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
So far this has been the best season since S4. Everything seems to be working well. Abilities, weapons, maps, game modes. Outside of getting the worst item in my first event pack, the scout skin and two regular items, I'm very happy with this season.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I got the Bang and Wattson skins out of my event packs. I'm probably not going to use either one but decent pulls none the less.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I was messing around with my sensitivity and whatnot at the start of this season, and it messed up my accuracy/overall game quite a lot. I switched back to 4:3 the other day and I've been beaming people again.

If anyone is unsure what sens to use on a controller then I think 4:3 classic is a strong bet. It's the sensitivity that's always done me well overall. Though some other options do have their advantages (like you can get better close range tracking on linear or faster sensitivities I think, but it also hurts your mid and long range game), I think 4:3 offers the best balance of long range accuracy and close range tracking. It's also the sensitivity and response curve that Snip3down uses, who is arguably the best controller player (at least in terms of his competitive results).

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game needs sound improvement badly, when your own teammate footsteps are louder than the enemy right next to you and your teammate is 15meters away lol, it's an EA i shouldn't expect much considering how bad BFV footsteps were..

Oct 26, 2017
Funny for me I 8-9/10 always get good randoms. All my team wins are with randoms as I don't play this game with anyone I know.
Someone musta heard me talking last night. Right after I posted about bad random teams, I finally got a great one. We lost with 3 squads left, but I couldn't be upset. We all put in some good work. It was nice having a Caustic who put thought into his traps too and didn't hurt us more than help with them.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Got enough point things to unlock Caustic today! I guess Horizon's next. Do you keep earning points after hitting level 50? Or do the levels just not stop?

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Got enough point things to unlock Caustic today! I guess Horizon's next. Do you keep earning points after hitting level 50? Or do the levels just not stop?
You never stop earning red currency, even when you hit the level 500 cap. Your level fills up at 500 still with experience and then just gives you the red currency each time it resets.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Gold smooth-brains are killing me right now. Stay out of ranked if you think engaging teams 1 v 3 or dropping into areas with no loot and 4 other squads is a great idea.

yeh 5 in a row now with the dumbest players apex has to offer. Back to solo dropping and getting actual games.

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I was messing around with my sensitivity and whatnot at the start of this season, and it messed up my accuracy/overall game quite a lot. I switched back to 4:3 the other day and I've been beaming people again.

If anyone is unsure what sens to use on a controller then I think 4:3 classic is a strong bet. It's the sensitivity that's always done me well overall. Though some other options do have their advantages (like you can get better close range tracking on linear or faster sensitivities I think, but it also hurts your mid and long range game), I think 4:3 offers the best balance of long range accuracy and close range tracking. It's also the sensitivity and response curve that Snip3down uses, who is arguably the best controller player (at least in terms of his competitive results).

this is just insane, holy fuck.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

This is awesome. Def Gonna try this setting.

What setting does Nice Wigg use? He's also incredible with a controller.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
This game needs sound improvement badly, when your own teammate footsteps are louder than the enemy right next to you and your teammate is 15meters away lol, it's an EA i shouldn't expect much considering how bad BFV footsteps were..

Glad to hear it's not just me. There've been a few times where I've been spooked because I feel like I hear footsteps around me that seem to be from people besides my teammates, but I think it's just the sound design.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Currently grinding the 8 legends win badge.
Got 5 wins, with Lifeline, Mirage, Wattson, Loba & Horizon.
Will now try to get wins with Wraith, Bloodhound, and a random third (probably Octane cause I ought to try him again with the jump pads changes).

As for the rest of the badges, I already unlocked the Mozambique one, and put the Mozambique charm on the Mozambique, like duh!
The other 2 will take more time, but I'll get there eventually.

I really like that they added those long-term challenges, it's a nice thing to look forward to over a period of several weeks/months.
What I didn't realize is that after your first win following the event, it just tallies who you have won on that season. When I got my first win after the event started, it popped up to 6 because I already had wins on the entire bottom row when I got my Crypto win. Now I just have Lifeline, Gibby, and Bloodhound left and I've got everyone a win for this season.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been away for so long....I avoid energy weapons like the plague, and today finally decided to pick up a Volt SMG.

raw

Holy smokes, that gun is accurate and easy to handle. I think I'm in love.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Controversial Opinion maybe but: Locked and Loaded should be the default game mode.

But I like the Mozambique/gray shields on drop. I've yet to run into a full team dropping on me and mozambiqueing me and I feel like it's rare enough that that shouldn't be a concern.

I'm gonna have a rough time coming back from all-white w/mozam' drops. I absolutely love it, the initial fire-rate and mag size against guaranteed white armors means you need to be on point with it's spread. AID'ing tightens the spread and makes it pretty easy to pelt people in mid-range, plus aiming at the chest more often than not makes the top pellet a headshot. No commons would be cool to also keep but I can see the argument against it, felt like the "turn-the-corner into a purple enemy at drop" scenario was a bit more common in this mode.

Bavera__

Feb 3, 2019
Italy

This is not super controversial as most people, pros included really want this to be how the game works now lol

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I've yet to run into a full team dropping on me and mozambiqueing me and I feel like it's rare enough that that shouldn't be a concern.

Must be nice. After experiencing three shitters landing on my door to mozambique me, while one finishers and the other tbag in the background, we now have to hold hands while landing. There's still the same attempts but they get spit on now.

Otherwise the loot changes are great, just remove the Mozambiqeus to prevent griefing by these champion/pred trail chasing losers.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017

Ha Joe, y'know, it's clips like these that make me get to brag that I kinda sorta almost just about kept up with you when we played a while back.

(not really, I'm trash)

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
You know, it's saying something that despite frequent games where: I end up with players who time out, go off by themselves then die, and/or land in hot spots where I get immediately killed, I still really enjoy playing this.

All it takes is a game every now and then where the team is working together for the experience to be rewarding - even if that ends up being a game where we still don't do particularly well when going up against others.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Watched a TTV guy solo dive a squad, die, then have his mate solo dive straight after, all whilst i'm healing from 20hp.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Otherwise the loot changes are great, just remove the Mozambiqeus to prevent griefing by these champion/pred trail chasing losers.
Lol come on, you're rocking an exclusive cosmetic that's practically bragging about how good you are, you can't get salty when a squad decides to drop directly on you.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Locked and Loaded should be the new casual / "quick play" default and ranked should stay the same. This would give the two modes different flavors; Casual being more of a romp with everyone getting good loot and dropping with shields and this would simultaneously make ranked feel more "hardcore".

Oct 29, 2017
This has been the worst season for me by far. About 40 games in, average play time is less than menu/character select time, and my team of solos has made top 5 once. Games are usually 20 seconds, 500 damage, 2 kills, with my team combining for 60 damage and dying so quickly, youd think they were dropping into a wood chipper.

I have such a love-hate relationship with this game. Haha

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got crossplay working with my son. It's great ending a match where you have 1 kill and your 10 year old has 7.... I used to be good at games.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got crossplay working with my son. It's great ending a match where you have 1 kill and your 10 year old has 7.... I used to be good at games.
"git gud dad"
I remember the first time I played with Joe back in S1. I died, and was spectating him with a R301 just beaming people. My mind was blown lol.
I wish I had that kind of aim lol. I'd be so much more confident in fights

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing a lot of Bangalore in ranked lately, it's really been a long time since I used this character and really she has such a great kit, the smoke has so much utility, you can smoke out enemies to cover stop them from taking shots or cover your approach, it has the obvious defensive purposes and can be quite deadly if you and your squad have digi threats. Her ult is great for stopping teams from pushing too aggressively or keep them from making obvious retreats, and when that ring gets small and there's less cover can also net your some good damage. Not to mention her passive is just so sick, just auto octane stim if someones shooting at you.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Had some good teams tonight. Was the last team twice, but died once due to being outgunned, and another time due to us finding ourselves isolated in an area where we couldn't get into the final circle without subjecting ourselves to the ring and subsequently dying, hah.

Been playing a lot of Bangalore in ranked lately, it's really been a long time since I used this character and really she has such a great kit, the smoke has so much utility, you can smoke out enemies to cover stop them from taking shots or cover your approach, it has the obvious defensive purposes and can be quite deadly if you and your squad have digi threats. Her ult is great for stopping teams from pushing too aggressively or keep them from making obvious retreats, and when that ring gets small and there's less cover can also net your some good damage. Not to mention her passive is just so sick, just auto octane stim if someones shooting at you.

Yeah, she's pretty great. And I've used her smoke grenade a ton of times to revive fallen allies while the enemy is only a few feet away from me, hah.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
god i hate this fucking matchmaking on PC so much. There really needs to be a mechanism that takes away jumpmaster from perpetual griefers who drop hot and die within 45 seconds. How can you enjoy the QUEUE > WAIT > MORE WAITING > DROP > DIE > QUIT loop over and over if not to fuck with the rest of the team?

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I don't know, I like the rotation happening within the map and how free you're to move around it with some chuckle points. Even if third parties is still happening a lot, I think it's a funnier battleground than World Edge, and even Olympus, can be.

I even would like the map to be smaller, I'm not a big fan of the new zone they made, feel like teams are dropping everywhere and you have sometimes a lot of waiting time before encountering someone unless you go in the hot zone.
I'm sorry you're not having a good time with it. 😔

Personally KC feels good to me. I vastly prefer it to World's Edge.
I enjoy the chaos and everything on Pubs, I'm usually a hot dropper so I do generally like the high amount of action on KC.

But it hurts to play on ranked. Seems like every ranked game ends with chaos of 5 or 6 squads coming out of nowhere.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome. Def Gonna try this setting.

What setting does Nice Wigg use? He's also incredible with a controller.

Here's some top players and their sensitivities...

Snip3down = 4:3 classic
Nicewig = 6:4 classic
Daltoosh = 6:4 steady
Genburton = ALC (screenshot 1, screenshot 2)

The thing I like about Snip3down's is that essentially the games default, with a single increase in the hip aim sensitivity. It's easy to get to grips with, and it's easy to get consistent with. Higher sensitivities like 6:4 classic are definitely doable, but for me, I think the slower sensitivity just helps me be a lot more accurate at mid and long ranges. I think higher sensitives are doable for some players (might be a genetic quality that allows some people more fine motor control) but for me it just introduces a lot of inconsistency.

It's also the case that all of these players are using a controller, but on PC, where they have much higher framerates in Apex than we do on console. I think that makes the higher sensitivities and twitchier control settings, a bit more controllable because you're getting a smaller response time, so you get a more immediate on-screen reaction to your finer inputs. As is, I've tried playing with Genburton's control settings for days on end, and it's pretty much uncontrollable for me. I don't understand how he plays like that, but as I suggest, some players might just be built differently (some people have faster reactions, some people have better motor control etc).

As is though, I think the pro scene for controller players is actually super underdeveloped on Apex. Because there's no pro scene that specifically catered to console or controller players, so it's likely the case that none of these players are even the best controller players out there. Nevertheless, if you look at games like Call of Duty (where the comp scene for controller players is very well developed), almost all of the pro players play either on the 'medium' sensitivity (5-5) or just one notch above that with (6-6) which are both pretty low sensitivities, akin to Apex's 3 and 4 (Apex goes up to 10 but Call of Duty goes to 20 so the scale is a little different).

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Last night i had 2 strange bugs..
At the Oasis Towers on Olympus where you jump down to go beneath, had like 4 death boxes when i landed i got stuck in the deathbox, i was chasing someone I was rekt since i couldn't move..
Second bug I couldn't shield up, had to change shields, once i changed shield i was able to use cells/battery..

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
PSA to all Apex players, if you wanna be a one person army in a team game, i will quit...
The last week i have quit about 20 games and I don't plan to stop.
I have seen some dumb asses break off and go their own way, then get mad because they died lol...

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
PSA to all Apex players, if you wanna be a one person army in a team game, i will quit...
The last week i have quit about 20 games and I don't plan to stop.
I have seen some dumb asses break off and go their own way, then get mad because they died lol...

Was just about to post that this game can be really frustrating. I'm not sure exactly when it happened. but at some point - I assume it has to do with matchmaking - I started getting put into squads with people who are more confident, which is great, but almost always overconfident, which is not. Either they charge at a full squad solo and predictably get killed instantly, leaving the rest of us to scramble for their rez token, or they have this inscrutable habit of always leaving advantageous, defensible positions to chase fights where we attack from a disadvantage AND set ourselves up for ambushes/crossfires. And to avoid the aforementioned scenario of them just being killed, we have to support, and probably lose. Is it just to get kills? Obviously we have to push if the ring dictates it, but when it does not - why do we keep doing this?? I feel like several different teams I've been on today have thrown at least three games between them just by doing this.

I guess the change in matchmaking would be fine if it at least mitigated the amount of AFKs and early quits but it .... does not.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Was just about to post that this game can be really frustrating. I'm not sure exactly when it happened. but at some point - I assume it has to do with matchmaking - I started getting put into squads with people who are more confident, which is great, but almost always overconfident, which is not. Either they charge at a full squad solo and predictably get killed instantly, leaving the rest of us to scramble for their rez token, or they have this inscrutable habit of always leaving advantageous, defensible positions to chase fights where we attack from a disadvantage AND set ourselves up for ambushes/crossfires. And to avoid the aforementioned scenario of them just being killed, we have to support, and probably lose. Is it just to get kills? Obviously we have to push if the ring dictates it, but when it does not - why do we keep doing this?? I feel like several different teams I've been on today have thrown at least three games between them just by doing this.

I guess the change in matchmaking would be fine if it at least mitigated the amount of AFKs and early quits but it .... does not.
On the flipside, there are far too many players that are way too conservative or would rather loot for 10 minutes only to die immediately when they finally come across another squad. I play this game for fun, and fun to me is getting in the shit and getting kills.

I'm not going to rush in solo (ok sometimes I do), but I'm also not going to hug the ring for 20 minutes.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think this game is hard because you're mixing different personalities and playstyles. I guess that can go for any multiplayer game really. But with Apex in particular, for me, I don't like standing around and looting all the time, but I don't want to push every single fight either. It's also important to know when to run and when to stand your ground, especially for someone like me where positioning plays a huge role into if I do good in a match or not because my aim/skill is average I'd say. I never remember to crouch spam lol in the thick of a fight lol.

I don't like to play defensively either. Getting a Caustic or Wattson teammate is something I rarely ever look forward to for example. I like to be on the move constantly. Videogames are hard. I also have developed a weird form of social anxiety where it's hard for me to party with people who I haven't played with in a good while. So when I get the occasional invite from GungJoe for example, it's either one of two things happening:

1. My son or wife is watching Netflix but for some reason the PS4 is showing that I'm playing Apex Legends. I don't know why it does that lol.
2. We haven't played together in a long time, and I get super nervous to join...

Yeahhhhh...

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
On the flipside, there are far too many players that are way too conservative or would rather loot for 10 minutes only to die immediately when they finally come across another squad. I play this game for fun, and fun to me is getting in the shit and getting kills.

That's definitely also a concern, and I vastly prefer being in squads who don't dawdle forever and then enter their first firefight cold during round 3 or whatever (that never goes well).

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Bad teammates

I mean we are in a fight with many squads and they wanna loot the boxes while being shot

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Getting screamed at by a guy rushing solo as you shield-swap from a loot-box instead of taking 15 seconds to regen via cells. Honestly felt like never respawning him so he could steam in spectate whilst we carried on to top 3. Completely fucking useless. How do half these people function when they don't even know the most basic fucking plays in the game I don't know.