• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Nice plays there! Spitfire was definitely a good choice for the 3v2's with the clip size. I haven't tried it yet this season but the golden clip with the auto reload I really need to give it a shot. I'm loving the alternator this season, and just the weapon meta in general seems the healthiest it's ever been imo. Apex is in a really great place right now. Also, some nice clutch plays too, octane's repositioning is super effective when played right.
It's getting to the point where if I already have a long-range weapon like a Sniper or a 30-30 I'll take the Alternator over the R-301, it's just so fucking good and consistent at the moment.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
the servers are so bad the game is playing in slow motion like i'm on the fucking moon. plus i get code leaf and code net errors all the time. and endless rubber banding and teleporting like i'm drunk. Geez.

Quade hordak , see guys, it's worth staying with an Octane sometimes haha (just messing around with you guys, no offence I hope).
Most Octane ranoms have a tendency to fuck off and do their own thing.
Octane is a fun character to play, but he's not particularly useful. And unfortunately most of the Octane players are selfish and stupid. The majority of the players in apex treat it like checkers instead of chess. they just into combat and think they can win the game.

Last edited:

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Nice plays there! Spitfire was definitely a good choice for the 3v2's with the clip size. I haven't tried it yet this season but the golden clip with the auto reload I really need to give it a shot. I'm loving the alternator this season, and just the weapon meta in general seems the healthiest it's ever been imo. Apex is in a really great place right now. Also, some nice clutch plays too, octane's repositioning is super effective when played right.
Yeah I've been trying the Spitfire the past few days due to the buff and it worked out. DPS isn't the greatest, which is fine, but properly ranged and it can do work. Scout was another challenge but that's been a pretty consistent mainstay for me anyway. 3030 and a r99 or Volt have been my default load out this season. Thanks for the praise. Mobility is one of my favorite aspects of Apex and the jump pad provides it in spades, and while super fun.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
It's getting to the point where if I already have a long-range weapon like a Sniper or a 30-30 I'll take the Alternator over the R-301, it's just so fucking good and consistent at the moment.
Yes! The hipfire is great for close range and it has a really nice sweet spot between an r99 and r301 for range, with a recoil pattern that's easier to manage than both imo. The 1 damage boost may not seem much initially, but with how easy it is to land most of your shots due to the recoil it makes a lot of difference and can shred. It's a joy to use currently and my go to currently.

Yeah I've been trying the Spitfire the past few days due to the buff and it worked out. DPS isn't the greatest, which is fine, but properly ranged and it can do work. Scout was another challenge but that's been a pretty consistent mainstay for me anyway. 3030 and a r99 or Volt have been my default load out this season. Thanks for the praise. Mobility is one of my favorite aspects of Apex and the jump pad provides it in spades, and while super fun.
You know i really haven't been able to get into the 3030, i'm not sure what it is. Every time i've been in a scenario where it's been semi-useful i wish i had a triple take instead. No problem! It's plain to see from your moment to moment plays that you're a good player and understand how to utilise movement whilst falling back and supporting/playing to teammates strengths when required, which is what the game is all about and where it excels.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
You're too kind, Quade . ☺️

The 30-30 is like a bastard child of the scout and Longbow, and while I generally favor the triple take over the LB and the Scout above all, I was enjoying messing with a new toy, and really focusing on getting a good charged first shot, while praying that the very similar bullet travel to the Wingman (which I love but doesn't love me) will help that weapon finally click with me.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Personally, I think the gun meta is the most balanced it's ever really been.

They added in the 30-30 Repeater this season, which is essentially a slower, heavy ammo G7 Scout counterpart. They also brought back the Anvil Receiver hop-up so the R-301 and Flatline have a bit more potential utility. These changes have brought the mid to mid-long range play back to the forefront in many ways, though close range assertive combat still succeeds.

They also did buffs to the Spitfire and the Alternator, both of which are absolutely worth trying out now. I've had games where I've shredded with both of them. Both of these went from "do not use" to "worth holding" IMO. Neither of them might be "Top meta" weapons, but I certainly think they are viable now.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention one of the biggest tweaks to the gun meta this season: the addition of gold magazines.

Gold mags have the same ammo capacity and physical reload speeds as their purple counterparts, but with the added perk of being able to pocket reload. Guns with a gold magazine will reload after 5.5 seconds of not being in your hands. Either swapping to your second gun, running around with no gun out, OR swapping to and/or using items (heals or ordnance) for that 5.5 seconds will trigger the gold mag reload.
It's way better than the days of R-99 and Wingman's dominating everything, that's for sure. It's a good time to jump back in.

Thanks for the responses! I'll def give the game a go again. The seemingly faster TTK of previous seasons turned me off tbh. If there's more room for counterplay again seems like it's going back to what I like.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Got my best game of the season last night with a 10 kill, 2000 damage game on Bangalore. Funny this is I was only playing Bangalore to do my 'two knockdowns' daily and it's only my second ever win with her. I unlocked a crazy amount of badges afterwards. The Spitfire absolutely slaps now. I whacked a 2x HCOG on it and was absolutely ruining people from mid-range.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Got my first Bloodhound win last night, largely thanks to a very murder-happy Russian teammate. Our third teammate DC'd a few minutes in, but we still pulled through as a duo. Didn't think that would happen. I've now got 66% of all the Steam achievements in a little over a week of play, and while that probably doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, my sense of accomplishment is quite real.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Got my first Bloodhound win last night, largely thanks to a very murder-happy Russian teammate. Our third teammate DC'd a few minutes in, but we still pulled through as a duo. Didn't think that would happen. I've now got 66% of all the Steam achievements in a little over a week of play, and while that probably doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, my sense of accomplishment is quite real.

Nice! A duos win in trios feels great.

Side-note: I wish they added in new seasonal achievements of some kind in addition to badges. I think any regular player 100%'d the game after a few weeks or months after release.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else noticing it taking longer to exit the match after you've been eliminated? It says "connecting to lobby" for a good 90 seconds now on my X1 before I can launch a new game.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
the servers are so bad the game is playing in slow motion like i'm on the fucking moon. plus i get code leaf and code net errors all the time. and endless rubber banding and teleporting like i'm drunk. Geez.

Their servers have been dog shit since the last update, it's ruined quite a few games for me.

Nice! A duos win in trios feels great.

Side-note: I wish they added in new seasonal achievements of some kind in addition to badges. I think any regular player 100%'d the game after a few weeks or months after release.
I wished they added more as well since there's so many ways to make new ones, it's been the same set of achievements/trophies since the first season.

it's probably one of their lowest priorities though unfortunately.

Anyone else noticing it taking longer to exit the match after you've been eliminated? It says "connecting to lobby" for a good 90 seconds now on my X1 before I can launch a new game.
I have, it's quite annoying to have to watch.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Both my characters were taken,( i play Bloodhound or Octane) chose Revenant his ability to shut down abilities is quite fun, literally had the final group stuck in one spot, kept shutting down the Lifeline, when her teammates knocked she couldn't do shit, fun win..
Might need to add him as a third character...usually when my 2 mains are taken i just rock Gibby, but Rev can be fun..

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Their servers have been dog shit since the last update, it's ruined quite a few games for me.

I wished they added more as well since there's so many ways to make new ones, it's been the same set of achievements/trophies since the first season.

it's probably one of their lowest priorities though unfortunately.

I have, it's quite annoying to have to watch.

Nothing worse than being forced to sit and watch 3 enemies pillage your deathbox and grabbing all your gold loot. Please get me out the game as fast as possible, Respawn.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing worse than being forced to sit and watch 3 enemies pillage your deathbox and grabbing all your gold loot. Please get me out the game as fast as possible, Respawn.
What? You don't like the game struggling to load back into the main menu? You're going to sit there and re-evaluate your mistakes and you're going to enjoy it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
On top of the game getting stuck loading you back into the lobby, I'm a big fan of the game just not giving you a full squad but still thoroughly fucking you with SBMM as you fight 3 stacks regardless.

This has been an issue but it feels like I keep seeing it more and more lately, the lobbies aren't even missing a bunch of people so it's like you in particular just gets screwed over. This game is so ridiculously overdue for a lone wolf playlist, christ.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
What? You don't like the game struggling to load back into the main menu? You're going to sit there and re-evaluate your mistakes and you're going to enjoy it.

Heh. This is an interesting point though; If they used these 90 seconds to implement a detailed kill cam system that showed people exactly how they died, I think it would benefit a lot of players.

Oct 31, 2017
On top of the game getting stuck loading you back into the lobby, I'm a big fan of the game just not giving you a full squad but still thoroughly fucking you with SBMM as you fight 3 stacks regardless.

This has been an issue but it feels like I keep seeing it more and more lately, the lobbies aren't even missing a bunch of people so it's like you in particular just gets screwed over. This game is so ridiculously overdue for a lone wolf playlist, christ.
I've been playing as a duo lately and it's frankly insane how often the game goes out of its way to not give us a third player. I'd say that in a session, we'll have 5 games without a third from the legend select screen.

Then when we do get third players, something like 7 out of 10 times the person is fully useless as a teammate. Either running off on their own to die then quit, goes AFK, or is just generally super far below our skill levels to where they are a total liability in fights, especially going against super coordinated 3 man pre-mades moving as a unit.

I'd play duos, but the two of us also have skill disparity so then it's like we run into games in duos filled with pairs who are far more skilled and coordinated than us too. So that's also super frustrating.

I would love a solo queue mercenaries list, both for pubs and ranked honestly. The game's been begging for one forever.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

If I notice that I'm loading into a game without a full squad, I just leave before the match even starts. It's incredibly frustrating how often it happens too.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Servers are shit or some fuckers are cheating, about 3 times today seen players leave the ship before zero, they left at 1 sec mark, also played against some horrible rubberbanding players who never miss a shot, it's Saturday all sorts of fuckery..

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
I'm turning off voice chat for good tired of assholes running head long into fights with no shields and then start complaining and talking shit when they die.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Heh. This is an interesting point though; If they used these 90 seconds to implement a detailed kill cam system that showed people exactly how they died, I think it would benefit a lot of players.
I'm going to be honest, usually when I leave like that my team is still fighting. I guess I can see why they don't want to? Like if you're down and you use the kill cam to feed your team information or something.

I wouldn't be opposed though. Kill cams are nice.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Ended up being placed in a squad with only one other person, and he had "niqqer" (Qs) as part of his name. I thought real hard about giving him the benefit of the doubt, but had to peace out before we even left the character select screen. I had to ask myself if I could bring myself to res the guy if I needed to, and the answer was "no."

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Fucking hell, just had a lovely game. Started trying out the Sentinel with a 3x scope on it and getting work done. I charged it up with a shield cell and took some potshots at someone firing at us from the other side of the canyon, adjusted slightly, fired off another and landed a beautiful arced headshot that downed them. We push in and mop up the whole squad. Was buzzing.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I'm turning off voice chat for good tired of assholes running head long into fights with no shields and then start complaining and talking shit when they die.
When i solo VC is always off, too many horrible people, some months ago around election, racist was feeling good about their racist president chances of winning, I picked Bangalore someone says he picked the N-word..

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I traded knocks with someone in a match earlier, first time that's happened to me outside of something like a grenade.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
When i solo VC is always off, too many horrible people, some months ago around election, racist was feeling good about their racist president chances of winning, I picked Bangalore someone says he picked the N-word..

Yeah, I've had VC off since I started playing earlier this week. I've definitely played games with idiots who run off on their own or deploy solo, only to die immediately.

I wonder what fun name calling I've missed out on...

Oct 31, 2017
Just had a ranked win where I was rocking a gold 30-30 with a purple mag, gold sight, Hammerpoint P2020 and I absolutely ran over people.

Both of those guns aren't top meta/that strong of choices, but when they are fully kitted up like that and you can open the fight with a good Repeater shot then quickly swoop in with the Hammer P2020 can be nasty as hell.

I knew the Hammerpoints on the P2020 was pretty underrated, but opening guys up with the repeater (which is its key strength besides cleaning off people very weak imo), and then swooping in knowing their shields are very low works so well. Aggressively challenging knowing you just need to pop the last bit of armor before you get to ~35 per bullet P2020 seems like it can catch people by surprise.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I crafted the legendary Octane skin and then dropped the legendary Bang skin. Pretty good since Bang is my second-main character in theory, I have around 5,000 ish kills on her. I like the skin a lot, though honestly I prefer the original skin that it's based off of, which I already have anyway. The red and black themes on the new skins feel a bit too edgy.

I wish this mode was over. I really don't like Olympus.

What do you mean? Isn't the map rotation going to be the same either way?

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I come back to this game one year later on PS4 and it still suffers from horrendous lag. The issue isn't with me because other online games aren't anywhere near this bad. Just what is going on with the connection in this game?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So finished the event, unlocked the Spiritfire skin which is honestly pretty cool.
In my two free packs I got:
- Hemlock Epic Skin Fresh Meat, which is honestly too much and I won't even include it in my favorites.
- Crypto Legendary Skin Awoken Fury, which is kinda cool cause I like the skin enough, and I didn't have a Legendary for him yet
- Bloodhound's Legendary Skin The Runekeeper, which is heh, it's one of my least fave base legendaries, won't include it in my favorites.

Thankfully, I had stocked quite some crafting material, so I managed to also snatch:
- Lifeline Epic Skin Hot Blooded, love it, red & gold suits her so well!
- Bloodhound Legendary Skin Hunter's Moon, because I just love the owl pattern on their helmet, and it's just too good not to get, even if I don't play them that often.

Quite satisfied with it all, this event was indeed very generous in a way I'm not used to see from Respawn/EA, and I feel like it will never get this good ever again, sobs.

The red and black themes on the new skins feel a bit too edgy.

Yeah I agree, they kinda do for a lot of them, it almost becomes an eyesore.
I was on the fence about crafting Wattson's but then decided not to because It was just too much.

Oct 26, 2017
Got the legendary Gibraltar and Octane skins. Could have been worse. That way I got the legendary Bangalore skin for 1,000 coins.
Now all that's left is crafting *maybe* the Wattson skin.

I like the map, but I've had more fun matches on King's Canyon this season.
I'm just now coming back to the game after ages away, and while I like the overall design of the map, it feels larger, and therefore more empty of people? I'm not sure if that is actually true though in terms of it's size.

What do you mean? Isn't the map rotation going to be the same either way?
I didn't know there was any kind of map rotation. Interesting.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I got the Gibby skin from my first free pack. 😒😒

I don't like playing as Gibby so it's basically not going to get any use. I really like the Octane skin and Bangalore skin. Hopefully I'm graced with luck and I get one of those from the next free pack lol. If not I'm gonna craft one but still not sure which one I want more yet.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Gotta say grinding out ranked with randoms is infuriating. It's incredible how many players still don't understand the fundamentals of the game, i.e fucking teamplay.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
To whomever needs to hear it. If a person is crawling out of the kill ring don't try to revive them right at the edge of it when they are literally an inch from getting out of it.

Last edited:

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017

This is all true.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Ugh, I got the Gibby skin from my first free pack. 😒😒

I don't like playing as Gibby so it's basically not going to get any use. I really like the Octane skin and Bangalore skin. Hopefully I'm graced with luck and I get one of those from the next free pack lol. If not I'm gonna craft one but still not sure which one I want more yet.

The Gibby skin is pretty ugly. A shame because the base, Gibraltron is one I missed out on and one of his best I think. A simple recolour can do a lot.

I'd go for Bangalore. Easily one of her better skins and the colour scheme actually fits really well. If I don't get to from a free pack, I'll craft it.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm pretty mediocre at Apex and shooters in general, I play ranked only really with a friend who's not going to be able to play for the next couple of weeks so I made an alt account to mess around with in ranked. Highest I've ever been is Gold 2, but never really tried to push. I'm trying to hit 10 so I can jump in ranked, push this to gold 3-ish, then continue trying to hit Plat for the 1st time on my main, so when my friend can play again I can play on my alt without pushing our opponents up to plat diamond.

Why the hell do people repeatedly smurf in this game? I now know 1st hand that it's not even slightly satisfying. Level 8 and I now have the 2k damage on every one of the starting roster minus bangalore, who I just got the 4k badge for and felt nothing. I only have the 2k badges on 3 legends on my main account, but they all felt satisfying as it was against people of around the same skill level in ranked.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Nearly had my first win in 2 seasons but came 2nd.

My teammate went down 2 squads left (including mine), I went back to the mobile respawn beacon I dropped 60 seconds earlier and got jumped by two players.

Was then 2 v 2 and my teammates got done by Crypto's shock ability. That thing is deadly at end game. SHows you exactly where the enemies are and disables them. It was an easy win for the other team.

I forgot how much playing with randoms drives me up the wall. It's amazing how often they just go off and do their own thing.

Funny for me I 8-9/10 always get good randoms. All my team wins are with randoms as I don't play this game with anyone I know.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Got the Wraith Hellcat skin from my first pack a bit ago. I don't play Wraith though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
I pretty much main Gibby and I don't care for the skin this event or I'd craft it. I've got 5000+ crafting metals and 3000+ gold coins but I refuse to craft anything from events. I might break that rule for the upcoming Gibby legendary that is on his Holospray reward for the BP this season.

Tonight was a decent-ish night considering I haven't been playing that much this season so far, just enough per day to get my dailies. I got two wins with Gibby but have only made it to lvl 16 on the Battle Pass; most of my three free levels a week are challenges that will take the whole season or are on characters I only use for challenges, so I'm leaving some levels on the table right there.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Currently grinding the 8 legends win badge.
Got 5 wins, with Lifeline, Mirage, Wattson, Loba & Horizon.
Will now try to get wins with Wraith, Bloodhound, and a random third (probably Octane cause I ought to try him again with the jump pads changes).

As for the rest of the badges, I already unlocked the Mozambique one, and put the Mozambique charm on the Mozambique, like duh!
The other 2 will take more time, but I'll get there eventually.

I really like that they added those long-term challenges, it's a nice thing to look forward to over a period of several weeks/months.

Last edited: