• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017

Discovered with my friend you could make infinite caustic gasses on mirage voyage. When activated it creates a huge tower of gas that stacks on each other.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Who are everyone's top 3 legends? I just jumped back in after not playing since Revenants season. Bought Fuse and now trying to decide who to unlock next. I'm typically loving Octane, Bloodhound and Bangalore
Spots 1 & 2 are interchangeable for me, they are neck and neck for my go-to-pick.

Lifeline: I tend to gravitate to support roles in hero shooters, and I really liked each iteration of Lifeline. Her quick heal was always a tide-turner and her on-the-spot shield revive made for some fun mind-games against enemy teams. Her current kit I can't see her without now, auto-revive is a game-changer and blue pills/extra meds in her care packages helps the initial drops if your team is low on heals.

Pathfinder: I was a grapple main in TF|2, so through thick and thin/buff and nerf, I'm picking my boy.

3. Loba: I found each post-launch character really enjoyable to play, but I always found myself coming back to pick her after finishing challenges. Her kit can help curb some of the RNG'nes of BR's, plus the ammo and cooldown buffs where VERY welcome additions. Being able to now snag Care Package weapons is blast, hell, I won a game recently from doing that.

Discovered with my friend you could make infinite caustic gasses on mirage voyage. When activated it creates a huge tower of gas that stacks on each other.

LMAO, this is great!

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't play this fucking game at like 1-2 am est, I just had the worst ranked match of my life:

Loba gets ambushed by a full team in spotted lakes, I go outside of the ECHO building via the rope and down two of em with a turbocharger devo. To my fucking surprise the Loba dies to a stray grenade because for some reason the lifeline on my team is still in the building despite me saying I'm gonna push em, I can see them in the second floor crouched down and strafing for some reason. The last enemy team member ambushes me as Horizon and downs me, the Lifeline stays in the building. Now mind you we a both down and not out. The Horizon starts rezzing her team, we are pinging like mad at this point. The Lifeline leaves the building and starts fucking running away to escape the ring for reasons that only god knows ( they had more than enough time to catch the armor broken Horizon dead to rights).

At this point the Loba on my team is fucking furious and asking why they're even lifeline if they're not gonna try and save anyone and the fucking Lifeline decides now to turn back and try and grab our banners. They instantly die.

This is Gold I, people.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe the Lifeline was ill-equipped and/or already foresaw that instant death.
I try to wait for confirmation from my teammates before actually pushing.
Gold 1 can be easily reached by camping, which kinda legitimizes that playstyle.

Jan 11, 2019
I swear nobody ever picks Rampart but she's the most hellarious legend to me.

If you can get her to endgame you can just build a fort with the ring at your back and just MELT fools. I've had a few games now where the enemy had no choice but to wade into the teeth of Sheila and be torn to shreds.

All glory to Rampart.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I swear nobody ever picks Rampart but she's the most hellarious legend to me.

If you can get her to endgame you can just build a fort with the ring at your back and just MELT fools. I've had a few games now where the enemy had no choice but to wade into the teeth of Sheila and be torn to shreds.

All glory to Rampart.
You're a sitting duck when you're on that gun though. Any half decent team will drop you in seconds. Rampart is useful for her passive and that's about it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Lifeline was ill-equipped and/or already foresaw that instant death.
I try to wait for confirmation from my teammates before actually pushing.
Gold 1 can be easily reached by camping, which kinda legitimizes that playstyle.
I cannot convey the time gaps here and they had blue shields with a r301, trust me they could have taken out the Loba or at bare minimum get one of us up. I would not have made this post if the situation wasn't ridiculous

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex needs a proper arcade mode like Overwatch. I'm going to miss KC and it'd be nice to have maps that aren't in rotation in the arcade.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Apex needs a proper arcade mode like Overwatch. I'm going to miss KC and it'd be nice to have maps that aren't in rotation in the arcade.
I think they're introducing an Arena mode sometime this year. There have been multiple hints and leaks that suggest it, and they even said in the EA investors meeting that they intend to expand Apex beyond the Battle Royal genre. So yeah I'm excited for that. I have been waiting for proper Respawn Modes in this game for a minute.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot convey the time gaps here and they had blue shields with a r301, trust me they could have taken out the Loba or at bare minimum get one of us up. I would not have made this post if the situation wasn't ridiculous
I understand, it's just that I could relate a little to that Lifeline, because I've often been and probably still am from time to time that kind of player.

edit: To elaborate a little more on it: The more people yell at me (which I don't assume you did) and/or the more they keep pinging, the less inclined I feel to get them back into the game - even if it's a ranked match. I had more than enough matches in which I revived and respawned my team mates multiple times only to be shit on when we lose the final fight for not being were they think they needed me to be and "OMG he only got 2 kills such a noob stop playing that game" etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You're a sitting duck when you're on that gun though. Any half decent team will drop you in seconds. Rampart is useful for her passive and that's about it.

The number of times I downed a Rampart who was on Sheila and couldn't hear me coming from behind is absolutely hilarious, let me tell you.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
I can't play this fucking game at like 1-2 am est, I just had the worst ranked match of my life:

Loba gets ambushed by a full team in spotted lakes, I go outside of the ECHO building via the rope and down two of em with a turbocharger devo. To my fucking surprise the Loba dies to a stray grenade because for some reason the lifeline on my team is still in the building despite me saying I'm gonna push em, I can see them in the second floor crouched down and strafing for some reason. The last enemy team member ambushes me as Horizon and downs me, the Lifeline stays in the building. Now mind you we a both down and not out. The Horizon starts rezzing her team, we are pinging like mad at this point. The Lifeline leaves the building and starts fucking running away to escape the ring for reasons that only god knows ( they had more than enough time to catch the armor broken Horizon dead to rights).

At this point the Loba on my team is fucking furious and asking why they're even lifeline if they're not gonna try and save anyone and the fucking Lifeline decides now to turn back and try and grab our banners. They instantly die.

This is Gold I, people.

Late night apex is stoners and sweats tbh, sounds about right 🤣

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I couldn't get a legendary drop more worthless than a banner, but today Apex gave me a fucking LEGENDARY holospray.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not playing as a legend with a mobility skill, you don't have grenades, and the Rampart has her teammates still alive you're not going anywhere. And when it's near endgame depending on the location it's best to quickly take her out fast before she can plan out a turret ambush. All you can hope for is timing your shots so you don't take too much trade damage from the turret and pray for ring advantage.

Oct 25, 2017
So the event appeared and I'm not able to use crafting materials to buy any of the items. But I can't buy packs either so is it broken?

Jan 11, 2019
All you Rampart haters are plonkers who don't know it's lawnmower season.

Of course, if you put up the gun in a reactionary way then that's often not too smart. But if you can force a team into a situation where they can't get behind you, especially late, it's very strong.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
FbDNHRX.png

ipIrDwv.gif

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Always a fan of people who can take the apparent underdog characters and destroy with them. I got shredded by her ult the other day, even while trying to slide and throw my tactical as Loba, and I simply could not be mad.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Given that he had 1 Revive and 3 Respawns, I wouldn't even be mad if he stole kills from me lol. Especially if I'm the one constantly getting respawned :P

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Given that he had 1 Revive and 3 Respawns, I wouldn't even be mad if he stole kills from me lol. Especially if I'm the one constantly getting respawned :P

I'd still be mad, a kill is a kill, gimme back mah kills!

1OeXKnX.gif

To be fair though, I'm usually the one that revives and respawn as well ahah.
But yeah, don't kill steal me è_é (j/k)

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'd still be mad, a kill is a kill, gimme back mah kills!

1OeXKnX.gif

To be fair though, I'm usually the one that revives and respawn as well ahah.
But yeah, don't kill steal me è_é (j/k)
I learned about the term 'kill stealing' when I started playing this game on the day of its release lol. I had never heard of it before. I thought the end game was just to win so it wasn't something that was on my mind. Granted I'd never really played an FPS or a BR game before this one so you could see why it never crossed my mind. But now? 2 years later, yeah I can see why it's annoying lol.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Not you shamelessly kill stealing that poor Bloodhound like that smh :'D
If you struggle to finish the job I gotta end it. It's as simple as that. I was the one doing most of the pushing. My kills were earned. I also don't like when a downed enemy sticks around too long.

Last edited:

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Just reading about the anniversary event...did I mess up by using all my crafting materials for a legendary weapons skin yesterday? Seems like event things will be 50% cheaper?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody ever had a game where they broke 2000 damage but still didn't unlock the badge for the character?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I learned about the term 'kill stealing' when I started playing this game on the day of its release lol. I had never heard of it before. I thought the end game was just to win so it wasn't something that was on my mind. Granted I'd never really played an FPS or a BR game before this one so you could see why it never crossed my mind. But now? 2 years later, yeah I can see why it's annoying lol.

Kill stealing is a term that is as old as online gaming is though, truly not related to Apex at all, I've been using it for well over a decade, it's probably stemming from MMORPGs and MOBAs gaming culture, to be fair. At least it was while playing the former, that I learned about its existence and started using it :D

If you struggle to finish the job I gotta end it. It's as simple as that. I was the one doing most of the pushing. My kills were earned. I don't like when a downed enemy sticks around too long.

In all fairness, I'm jesting here, do not get offended at my dumb posts, I believe it when you say it was well-earned :D

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
In all fairness, I'm jesting here, do not get offended at my dumb posts, I believe it when you say it was well-earned :D
Oh no, I'm not offended. Sorry if my post appeared that way. lol

But yeah, I was shocked by how much I was dominating. Now I expect the next couple of games to be terrible.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Kill stealing is a term that is as old as online gaming is though, truly not related to Apex at all, I've been using it for well over a decade, it's probably stemming from MMORPGs and MOBAs gaming culture, to be fair. At least it was while playing the former, that I learned about its existence and started using it :D
Oh, you can be sure this was around during the 90s/00s with arena shooters.

Tale as old as time and it really shows you how infuriating kill stealing is: it's a universal human sentiment (of hate).

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
The thing I absolutely hate in Ranked is that downs don't give you ANY points at all. It should be +5 for down, and +5 for elimination. Getting fuck all for a down even when you almost wiped another squad is the worst feeling.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh, you can be sure this was around during the 90s/00s with arena shooters.

Tale as old as time and it really shows you how infuriating kill stealing is: it's a universal human sentiment (of hate).

Yeah, figured it might be that much older, I might have learned about it on Quake/Unreal Tournament as well, but it's been a long long time and I was a baby lol.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Is it skill steal really a thing in Apex? I mean, you usually engage a Team with your teammates, and it's usually a rumble chaos, you don't really know if your partners will be able to finish their opponent, so you're just helping them downing one, or maybe you'll kill an already downed enemy, helping them having the kill?

I'm sure I already told one of my teammate he stole my kill because he only did 10 damage at the end, but I was mostly laughing, he couldn't know how much life the enemy had left.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Doesn't matter how you get the kill, all that counts is the scoreboard at the end.

This goes for any game.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Is it skill steal really a thing in Apex? I mean, you usually engage a Team with your teammates, and it's usually a rumble chaos, you don't really know if your partners will be able to finish their opponent, so you're just helping them downing one, or maybe you'll kill an already downed enemy, helping them having the kill?

I'm sure I already told one of my teammate he stole my kill because he only did 10 damage at the end, but I was mostly laughing, he couldn't know how much life the enemy had left.

No it's not, it's mostly randomness that dictates it all. And lack of luck is apparent, when you happen to make over 1k damage but no actual kills like that Bloodhound did. And that usually frustrates me a bit when it happens to me, but not like I can nor will complain about it in any serious capacity, mostly laugh it off and start the next game hoping for better odds :D

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up that the crafting costs aren't discounted properly yet, so hold off if that's your plan.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Holy shit that R-99 skin on the store for 900 is fucking legit, is that new?

Edit: I see it was Iron Crown, somehow I've never seen it.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Been trying out Bangalore because of the challenge. I really like her movement (it feels faster than Gibraltar even when she's not getting shot at - is it?). I'm smart enough to see that the smoke grenade has both offensive and defensive applications, but not quite smart enough to time it exactly right every time. I'm a lot better with deploying the Gibraltar shield at the right time. I desperately wish there was a Ping that said "please Mr Bloodhound use your wallhack now so we can shoot at people while they can't see us".

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Smoke is good for 3 things: to revive teammates, for cover to get away, and to use on enemies when you have a digital threat scope

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I desperately wish there was a Ping that said "please Mr Bloodhound use your wallhack now so we can shoot at people while they can't see us".
That and a "Dome Max, Dome!" ping.
Smoke is good for 3 things: to revive teammates, for cover to get away, and to use on enemies when you have a digital threat scope
Also shooting it randomly across the map to confuse enemies and then somehow hitting someone with only 10HP left.