• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
That winrate is insane, I don't know how you do it! Even my friends with 6+ KDRs or top 500 pred on PS4 don't have winrates even close to that.

You should post up some gameplay sometime, if you get chance. I haven't seen any of your full matches in a while (I think the last one I watched was a 20 bomb in S3 or something?).

On the topic, I almost hit a 20 yesterday. 17 kills and the last team is lifeline, bloodhound, octane. I down blood and octane then lifeline appears and revives both in quick succession. I was the only one left alive on my team and I just couldn't deal with it. Suddenly I was in a room with 3 players up with more than 400 total hp. I died.

Didn't really matter though since it was on Octane anyway and I have a 20k badge on him. I've managed to get 6 of them with him so far, and most of them are on kings canyon.

Also just wondering but what servers do you play on? Because I'm surprised I've never seen you. I see the top EU players all the time. Had a series of games with Cheekyclassic last week for instance (top crypto). He doesn't win often though, since I think he solo queues. Usually seemed to end up dead before I found him.

There's not that much to it, in S7 I just mostly played with really good players, some of them a lot better then me. I'm on different servers depending on weather I'm playing with EU or NA people. I also use anonymous mode with no plans of turning it off after some random streamer lost his shit after I killed him, screaming how I'm not famous and shouldn't use it. :') Like I said, I kinda suck now and not doing nearly as good this season.

Top 500 Preds obviously won't have a high win rate because they focus on ranked where winning is 10 times as hard... Cheeky almost exclusively solo queues so his stats don't reflect how good he really is. Doesn't win a lot or care for it, just goes for kills. He surpassed the previous #1 Crypto for kills recently, heh. Played with him in S7 once and asked if he gets any days off the game with that many kills. The answer was no, I believe, grinds on stream and off.

Some Xbox facebook streamer hit 3000 S7 wins with Bloodhound with a 60%+ win rate. And for actually ridiculous stats check out golden boy on yt. Averaged 2400 damage and 10 kills per game in S7, stats wise he's in a league of his own. Seems like a shitty person, though.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone here who is a 'Season 0' player like myself: how many have had a 4K damage game and/or a 20 kill game? I have over 10,000 lifetime kills and 439 wins, but my highest kill total is 15 and damage was 3205.

Having the in-game damage tracker is useful this season for me to try and be a little more aggressive if I happen to be solo (if my teammates left or banners expired). I'm happy I finally got a 2K badge with Bangalore last night as she was the only 'original' Legend that I hadn't gotten at least 2000 damage with yet.
Pretty sure I have neither. I'm middle of the pack and my friends I play with aren't any better. I could probably get something resembling that once every 50 games if we pushed every team, but we'd rather have a decent winrate.

IIRC I have 17 kills and ~3k damage from one of the only soloq matches I've ever played. That was back in the days of only balancing by throwing premades in their own lobbies. It was pretty shocking to find out just how much worse the rando pool was. I should've solo queued more often back then.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone here who is a 'Season 0' player like myself: how many have had a 4K damage game and/or a 20 kill game? I have over 10,000 lifetime kills and 439 wins, but my highest kill total is 15 and damage was 3205.

Having the in-game damage tracker is useful this season for me to try and be a little more aggressive if I happen to be solo (if my teammates left or banners expired). I'm happy I finally got a 2K badge with Bangalore last night as she was the only 'original' Legend that I hadn't gotten at least 2000 damage with yet.
Most I've ever had is a 12Kill 2.5K damage game with Pathfinder. I have about 290 wins total with just him and 500+ lifetime wins. Total about 13K kills in all. Don't remember off the top of my head. Never even sniffed a 20 Bomb or 4K damage since this game released. I have boomer hands though so it could be that lol :P

SquareFenix

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I have neither. I'm middle of the pack and my friends I play with aren't any better. I could probably get something resembling that once every 50 games if we pushed every team, but we'd rather have a decent winrate.

IIRC I have 17 kills and ~3k damage from one of the only soloq matches I've ever played. That was back in the days of only balancing by throwing premades in their own lobbies. It was pretty shocking to find out just how much worse the rando pool was. I should've solo queued more often back then.

17 kills is nothing to sneeze at, good job! Do you mostly play Duos/Trios with your friends, or is it a lot of Ranked? I've never been higher than Platinum IV, but I'm usually playing solo in Ranked so winning consistently is hard for me.

SquareFenix

Oct 25, 2017
Most I've ever had is a 12Kill 2.5K damage game with Pathfinder. I have about 290 wins total with just him and 500+ lifetime wins. Total about 13K kills in all. Don't remember off the top of my head. Never even sniffed a 20 Bomb or 4K damage since this game released. I have boomer hands though so it could be that lol :P

Man, 290 wins with one Legend is awesome! I tend to spread the love around pretty evenly with my characters, so I think my highest win total with 1 character is 53 (with Mirage).

Oh also, I haven't gotten my heirloom shards yet, even though I've opened close to 400 Packs I believe. I hope to get one by the end of this year!

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing since season one. I've gotten the 4k badge four times, 3 on pathfinder and once on Octane, only gotten the 20k badge once for octane. Now I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I feel like it's impossible to get 20k badge unless your solo queued, if you actually care about what your teammates are doing that's going to slow you down or if they are at least decent and stick with you they are probably going to be taking kills that could have been yours.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
But then why does everyone always pick Bloodhound first? I've literally never been outpicked for Gibraltar

I think although Gibraltar's win rate is pretty high, he's one of the mid to low picks in terms of popularity. If I don't pick Gibraltar (which I often do) I'm rarely placed in a team with him.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Who are everyone's top 3 legends? I just jumped back in after not playing since Revenants season. Bought Fuse and now trying to decide who to unlock next. I'm typically loving Octane, Bloodhound and Bangalore

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Who are everyone's top 3 legends? I just jumped back in after not playing since Revenants season. Bought Fuse and now trying to decide who to unlock next. I'm typically loving Octane, Bloodhound and Bangalore
1. Horizon
2. Pathfinder
3. Lifeline/Octane

I used to play Revenant back in Season 4 (which so happens to be my best season actually), but he just feels weak to me now. Horizon is a ton of fun to play, but they are already starting to nerf her into oblivion so who knows? They already gave her 2 cooldown nerfs and now they're talking about nerfing her air movement and making it harder for her to strafe in her gravity lift, which is dumb...

Last edited:

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I do believe I just had my first experience of being "carried", as they call it. But we won!

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
1. Bloodhound
2. Horizon (My main last season)
3. Lifeline

3 different playstyles, depends on what my teammates choose lol. Sometimes I go for caustic too. Definitely try Horizon while she's still decent, once you get used to her passive, it's a bit of a hassle going back to other legends lol.

1. Horizon
2. Pathfinder
3. Lifeline/Octane

I used to play Revenant back in Season 4 (which so happens to be my best season actually), but he just feels weak to me now. Horizon is a ton of fun to play, but they are already starting to nerf her into oblivion so who knows? They already gave her 2 cooldown nerfs and now they're talking about nerfing her air movement and making it harder for her to strafe in her gravity lift, which is dumb...
The nerf before this one was the sweet spot IMO. The additional nerf this season is the reason why I went back to Bloodhound.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I took roughly 3-4 months off Apex and coming back to Season 8 feels amazing. Loving all the changes to KC and my hope is that when they rotate it tomorrow that goes back to Olympus vs WE again. I cannot handle WE after the new KC upgrade.

One quick tech question for anyone out there running Apex in surround sound -- I recently upgraded my HDTV / Sonos system with surround sound -- it's an Arc, Sub and Two Ones in the back of the room. When I play other games like Overwatch it sounds perfect. You can hear enemy footsteps behind you and they're panned properly on the sides depending on which way you're facing. On Apex, though, surround sound is actually more misleading in terms of hearing enemies. Often times you'll think they're on the right but they're left. There's also a weird glitch where teammate voice call outs sound low on the center channel but super loud on the back surrounds.

Anyone else experiencing this?

For anyone wondering - Surround sound on your TV is a game changer and I highly recommend it. It turned our 55 inch Sony A9G into a miniature movie theater.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
1. Horizon
2. Pathfinder
3. Lifeline/Octane

1. Bloodhound
2. Horizon (My main last season)
3. Lifeline

3 different playstyles, depends on what my teammates choose lol. Sometimes I go for caustic too. Definitely try Horizon while she's still decent, once you get used to her passive, it's a bit of a hassle going back to other legends lol.

The nerf before this one was the sweet spot IMO. The additional nerf this season is the reason why I went back to Bloodhound.

Thanks to you both - guess I'm getting Horizon next!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Respawn: Finally introduces a Legend that shakes up the meta, and the community enjoys.

Also Respawn: Let's nerf that.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, surely someone has that Fold Weapon technology still lying around somewhere, right? Nuke the whole planet in a cutscene, nobody will miss it.

Ha! At the very least, they need to decimate Capitol City off the map completely. Similar to what they did to Skulltown (although I still miss Skull sometimes).

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not an amazing mind-blowing win, but one where I found great teammates ready to always come help and answer my pings. Great synergy there, it's so rare when that happens!

Been playing since Season 0 (started to play 2 weeks after launch), and no, I don't have the 20 kill badge, nor the 4k damage one, and I don't believe I ever will. Most kills I got in one game were 12, and highest damage was around 2300 if I remember well. My main is Lifeline, and I have 346 wins with her, as well as around 4300 kills.

When I started playing I was real crap, Apex was like my first real shooter, so one thing I'm actually very proud of is the gigantic progress I made along the way. I'll never be top tier, I don't ever see that happening, but the difference of skill level between now and back when I started is like night and day.

I do believe I just had my first experience of being "carried", as they call it. But we won!

Ahah, yeah I know the feeling, it's a good one tbh. When I detect someone is that much better than me, I usually do my possible to stick by them, stuff them and help them as much as possible.

I could wait another 3 seasons not seeing WE and I'd be okay with it, honestly.

Honestly, yes. Please lock World's Edge in a dungeon and throw away the key, thanks.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
WE wouldn't be so bad if everyone didn't constantly land in Capitol City every game. They need to just blow that place up and get rid of it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Respawn: Finally introduces a Legend that shakes up the meta, and the community enjoys.

Also Respawn: Let's nerf that.

Horizon is ridiculous when you look at what they said in regards to mobility (specifically with pathfinder), and looking how a character like Loba dropped with the bracelet slowing her down and being super easy to spot. She does the exact thing they don't want pathfinder to do, except to a more extreme degree since she enables the entire team to rotate to high ground instead of just one character.

I've been maining her and she's really fun, but she was clearly given a really undertuned cooldown for how powerful the lift is. She flips to extreme high ground incredibly quickly and can use something like the Spitfire in a way nobody else can since her air strafe speed is the same on all weapon types, so she also bypasses the downsides of LMGs entirely.

I don't want to see her nerfed into the ground but everything she got so far has been more than fair so far.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017

Not even close. My highest kill count is 11 and that only happened because the game dealt me good sets of cards and I had the right energy to use them adequately.
Revenant (I know his ult isn't too great, but I live for that fast crouch walk), Mirage and Bangalore.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
that feel when you do 650 damage in the first minute of the game, get 1 kill and watch your team run away after you cracked 2 whole squads and downed 3 players lmao

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Primarily Loba, a bit of Lifeline and Bloodhound thrown in there. I can see myself using Fuse a lot more, I never used grenades before he came out because they just took up too much backpack space so it's just been a blast so far.

I like Loba because it makes looting so much easier and faster. Enter a new POI and quickly seeing everything there is before moving onto the next area or fight, instead of slowly checking every building.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

Pathfinder and Bloodhound are #1 and #2 for me. #3 is close between Loba and Horizon, even with the nerfs I would still lean Horizon.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Most recently been playing a lot of Loba, just under 5k kills there (solo queueing, Loba is a life-saver in getting the loot and shields I need).

Former Wattson lifer (10k) but I only use her for sweat ranks now , and Wattson is still clearly a strong legend if a little dry in pubs; she's just a little outclassed by Caustic but still very useful thanks to the trophy.

I fling between Horizon and Mirage for my third. Bamboozles are still entertaining and gravity lifts are so so useful for everything. She's a beast.

Horizon is incredibly fun and has been one of the tops for a while. Even with the cooldown nerf x 2, I think she's still top dog tbh (for pubs anyway). Caustic is top dog for sweaty rank IMO, almost a necessity due to final ring scenarios. I think legend balance is currently in a solid place; there's frustrating stuff to fight against, some moreso than others, but everything has a reachable counter. The most oppressive thing in the game atm is probably gas.

I also don't think Lifeline's passive needs a nerf which is something I've seen devs apparently deliberating - it's the reason to play her, and also only comes into play if your teammate gets knocked anyway. It honestly should shift teams to kill LL first if anything. Frustrating to fight against sure but that's her only viable powerup.

Personally, here's my legend lists:

Strongest (pubs)

Horizon
Bloodhound
LL/Path

Strongest (ranked)

Caustic
Path
Wattson/Gibraltar
Horizon

Most fun

Horizon
Mirage
Loba
Octane with new pads
Path

I feel like Wraith, despite her bulky new hitbox, is just below listed on each of these. She's still strong and overall I'd put her 3rd/4th? Only cleanly beat by Horizon and Pathfinder, and maybe Gibby/LL depending on the necessary style? Dunno if that's due to legacy players still rocking her and wrecking people though.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Primarily Loba, a bit of Lifeline and Bloodhound thrown in there. I can see myself using Fuse a lot more, I never used grenades before he came out because they just took up too much backpack space so it's just been a blast so far.

I like Loba because it makes looting so much easier and faster. Enter a new POI and quickly seeing everything there is before moving onto the next area or fight, instead of slowly checking every building.

Loba is incredible and very useful for respawning teammates. They drop in and you can give em the black market so they're all set when they land.

I recently saw a very skilled Loba get out of a tricky 1v2 close quarters indoor fight by chucking her ring out the window so she could escape and heal up. There's no other legend who can get out of a bind like that as far as I know.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Currently it's Lifeline, Rampart, and Loba. Rampart is the most difficult legend to use. Her abilities rely on having a good camping spot and a lot of suppression, but when you catch a team in a tight hold and barely any cover she can kill them all in seconds.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Loba is incredible and very useful for respawning teammates. They drop in and you can give em the black market so they're all set when they land.

I recently saw a very skilled Loba get out of a tricky 1v2 close quarters indoor fight by chucking her ring out the window so she could escape and heal up. There's no other legend who can get out of a bind like that as far as I know.
Sadly those moments are few and far between. So many times I could have escaped out of a tricky situation only for the bracelet to fail. I don't even care about buffs for it, I just want it to actually work.

I've used it in the final few rings when it's too dangerous to loot bodies as well. Really useful.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Wraith
Wattson
And for 3rd I mix in horizon Gibraltar bloodhound and lifeline

this season I've been playing as wattson all the time

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Two wins in one day? This is getting out of hand. Carried again, I should add, but carried so hard that I actually got the "no teammates knocked down" badge.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
For getting wins, Lifeline and Loba are my primary picks. For having dumb fun, it's Octane. Seems like Loba has nowhere to go but up for future updates, so that's exciting.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
My best round ever was with Loba. Not anything special, and I hardly used her kit, I just popped off that round.

My most consistent performers are Lifeline and Wattson (I don't even use Wattson's kit all that well, I just seem to perform better when playing as her.)

Mirage is my favorite for fucking around, nothing feels better than pulling off bamboozles like the one I posted in the last OT.

I'm digging Octane more now after the last few buffs, especially with the latest jumppad rework.

Oh and I used to be a Gibby main for like 5 seasons. I don't play him as much now but still enjoy when I do.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
1. Pathfinder. Love mobility, and robo-Spidey-swinging is super satisfying. If the rumors of removing his low profile attribute come true I'll be super happy.
2. Fuse. New and fun, been picking him consistently, dunno if he'll have longevity but for the moment I'm enjoying him.
3. Tough. Lots of potential picks and honorable mentions but probably Caustic. When things go right as him, it's just, 🤌🏼.

Related but also not, super clutch Mirage moment.
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Probably here're my main:

#1: Octane, been using it a lot more since I'm solo playing, but with his buff regarding the jumpad, it's been amazing to use him as a team as well, that feel of speed is unmatched!
#2: Mirage, just because it's perfect to have fun and bamboozle people around. Also useful for the respawn and get back a teammate card with his ultimate.
#3: Caustic. Well played, he can be a pita, and I love that. Especially good for backing up your path and now when you could be cornered by a team rushing being you if you left some gaz around.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Caustic, because I like barrels full of gas and he has a Warhammer as fuck skin. Also wearing a mask during these pandemic times

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
My guy since retiring Wraith in S4 was Mirage, but I'm embarrassed to admit it but I've bamboozled myself to death a few times this season already and the footsteps are killing me. I really rely on 3D audio feedback to help my crappy reaction speed visually and adding in his bootsteps has left me shooting my own dummies multiple times. I'll play Caustic, Revenant, or Loba if Mirage isn't available.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have issues getting into a match right now at 8pm CST? It won't find a match, and when I queue for firing range, there are 242 players in the queue.

EDIT: Just as I post this it finds a match.

Oct 31, 2017
Had a pretty good day in Apex today. 3 really satisfying wins and 3 very close 2nd places with my regular bro. When you are really working together as a tight knit squad moving and shooting together, the game is such a blast.

I honestly think the weapon and legend meta might be the best it's been since early on. I was using the Alternator today to great effect honestly, and the Alt hasn't really been a viable SMG since it was OP with the Disrupter Rounds. I now think it's in a pretty solid place to where it's not too good or too weak and is perfectly viable and pretty in line with the other SMGs.

The only gun that feels somewhat too weak for its purpose is the 30-30. I do think it could use a slight buff somehow, perhaps increasing its strafe/handling speed. Overall I pretty much agree with GungJoe's assessment he posted recently. I also think the Repeater was summed up quite nicely by last seasons #1 Predator on PC, that it's a gun that only really excels when at least 2 players on a team are running it because yeah it tends to be weak in most head-to-head, straight up gunfights against other guns in its similar range and power niche. It IS an assist/clean-up machine though, which I kind of think was the intention.

I haven't used many of the Snipers this season so far though, besides the Triple Take which still feels pretty good/kind of underrated tbh.

The legends are probably the most balanced they've been throughout the game's lifespan honestly.

My main has been Lifeline since day 1 and she still is. Her rework IS quite good and fun; I've already had some incredibly clutch revives playing off of/around DOC's pop up shield. Though I still kind of miss her 25% faster heals passive honestly. They are apparently talking about tweaking her again, but if I had my say I'd do two things to her: 1) give her back the 25% faster heal passive and 2) make the DOC drone slightly easier to destroy when reviving to deny revives.

The other two legends I find pretty fun right now are Horizon of course and Octane. Octane's jump pad is pretty amazing right now, and with how fast he gets them he can be throwing them down all the time. Doing the slide launch onto a pad can get you a pretty insane distance, especially if you do it off of height and go into a valley.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Anybody have issues getting into a match right now at 8pm CST? It won't find a match, and when I queue for firing range, there are 242 players in the queue.

EDIT: Just as I post this it finds a match.
Season 8 is a cluster fuck of bugs, takes forever to find a match, takes forever to return to lobby, just in game with so much rubberbanding, couldn't hit shit, my friend was experience it too...

Edit: 3 matches in row horrible lag, I am done with Apex until tomorrow maybe the patch will fix some bugs..

I don't have to lag in other games..

Last edited:

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
Season 8 is a cluster fuck of bugs, takes forever to find a match, takes forever to return to lobby, just in game with so much rubberbanding, couldn't hit shit, my friend was experience it too...

Edit: 3 matches in row horrible lag, I am done with Apex until tomorrow maybe the patch will fix some bugs..

I don't have to lag in other games..
Are you playing on wifi or via ethernet? Mine was also having issues but connecting directly to the wall fixed it for me.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
Wired, always wired, my laptop can barely play PS1 emu games lol...
Maybe check that your laptop is using the wired connection and isn't secretly using wifi? I had my console plugged in for a year and realized I forgot to swap the network settings to stop defaulting to my wifi network.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

For me it's pretty simple....

1) Mirage - because I suck at the game and need the bamboozles to help me win fights.
2) Caustic - Need the traps to help me win fights because I have crap aim.
3) Pathfinder- I need his zip line to get the F outta dodge when I'm losing a fight. Might try and replace him with Loba for the same reason.