• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah I think so.

But it's more like

Delphines team mates

giphy.gif

Delphine

f20d290e-0287-46f3-b46d-0368d977740c.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Thanks for mentioning me in a post actually because I had forgotten there's a new OT.

This will never not be a good way to dunk on me, I love that for me!

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you finish 3rd after a game with 8 kills and 3 assists because the lads you're carrying push a shitty engagement that would obviously put you in the middle of 2 squads fighting, leaving you 1v3v2, where the other 2 squads decide to target you instead of each other :( :( :( :( :(

:<

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That feel when you finish 3rd after a game with 8 kills and 3 assists because the lads you're carrying push a shitty engagement that would obviously put you in the middle of 2 squads fighting, leaving you 1v3v2, where the other 2 squads decide to target you instead of each other :( :( :( :( :(

That's hurtfully relatable.
Always included: me, moments before that happens, repeating several times in the vocal chat "guys we're gonna get sandwiched, we need to move and find a better positioning", to no avail, since they're all too often not listening to me, or it is too late anyway.
Also included: me, moments after that happened "yeah, I told you this would happen, didn't I?" :(

Btmmayor

Jun 4, 2018
I'm having a real rough start this season. I'm not entirely sure why, though I think I just play better on Olympus and WE, as much as I love KC.

Yup, same situation and feeling here. I'm not a great player by any means, but I think I'm having trouble adjusting to all the 30 30s and anvil long distance stuff thats so prevalent. I'm also a very steaky kind of player where sometimes I feel like I can win any fight and other times I can't get a kill. So far this season is falling in the feel like I can't get a kill range...lol.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao Horizon at one point had an alt that induced gravity for the enemy team so they couldn't sprint or jump

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a real rough start this season. I'm not entirely sure why, though I think I just play better on Olympus and WE, as much as I love KC.
Yeah me too I don't know why. Every game I win seems to be when I third party and hide all game, whereas if I'm on a roll with 8+ kills I end up losing. Only 3 wins so far this season.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
So when did they make EVO shields the only shields in the game? I haven't really played since they were first introduced.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
EVO shields was hands down one of the best changes. I was sceptical, but now I can't live without them.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
EVO shields was hands down one of the best changes. I was sceptical, but now I can't live without them.
Yeah it was a great change, really helped curb the anxiety of going the entire match without finding a purple.
Absolutely. It's hard to imagine the game without them at this point.

I don't think it was anywhere near as significant, but I also really appreciate the addition of the replicator. It's unimportant enough that you can mostly ignore it if you want, but it's really useful if you've been hit with bad ground loot or just need some meds. It could have easily become painful busy-work if they implemented it in a way that made it overly important for every match, but it's in a good spot right now.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I've had more wins this season than all of last season combined and I played to level 110 of the BP last season. Sort of crazy how different an experience it can be. I'm liking the KC re-do, the third partying seems to have died down a bit for the most part.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I've had more wins this season than all of last season combined and I played to level 110 of the BP last season. Sort of crazy how different an experience it can be. I'm liking the KC re-do, the third partying seems to have died down a bit for the most part.

That's definitely you're lobby luck. I've seen more cluster fights than ever this season in all the usual KC areas. To the west of Market, the area formerly known as Cascades, Between Airbase and Bunker, the Bridges/Cage area, and even Farms not having buildings hasn't changed that squads post up near it to 3rd, 4th, and 5th party.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I should have switched to the Amsterdam server long ago. So much better than the Frankfurt one.
Edit:
Sidenote. Opening the door, picking up loot, picking up nodes and reviving the enemy should not be the same button.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
In my experience, the third partying issue has not been resolved at all with the map change. I feel like with every fight there's been a 75% chance of there being another squad in running distance.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
In my experience, the third partying issue has not been resolved at all with the map change. I feel like with every fight there's been a 75% chance of there being another squad in running distance.
The areas outside of Containment/North Watch Tower and the river that goes by the Cage are just constant match-long gunfights. I enjoy it, just gotta be ready for the inevitable.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the regular Fuse not just the Old Gold Fuse (minus the fancier clothes obviously)? I've unlocked other skins of his and it just seems weird for him to not be the daddy with a pompadour now. It's clearly his true form.

m7OVJjm.jpg

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why is the regular Fuse not just the Old Gold Fuse (minus the fancier clothes obviously)? I've unlocked other skins of his and it just seems weird for him to not be the daddy with a pompadour now. It's clearly his true form.

m7OVJjm.jpg
Besides his bundle in the store, this is the other skin I got. It was a tough choice, though, lol.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I think new KC is still kinda garbage. It is inevitable that there will be 4-5 squads consecutively cleaning each other up almost every fight. Maybe it was the fact the game was new, but I don't recall the original being that way.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I've been digging Fuse. He is nowhere near the game-changer Horizon was, but I quite enjoy his bombardment capabilities. Nothing like introducing some chaos by Ulting, Tactical-ing and throwing a dozen grenades before rushing in a mopping what's left of the team.

More interestingly, they've made King's Canyon playable again! I'm not getting third partied every other engagement.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Just got robbed of a win from a glitch that's been in the game since launch.

Got revived by a lifeline and I couldn't heal, use grenades or open any sort of inventory or pick up anything.

Fucking infuriating.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
After being sick and tired of third party scums, my friend and I became scums ourselves, won 5 games tonight only third partying lol..
We won a game with Blue Shields hahahahahahahaha, we had white shields until the final 3 squads...

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
After being sick and tired of third party scums, my friend and I became scums ourselves, won 5 games tonight only third partying lol..
We won a game with Blue Shields hahahahahahahaha, we had white shields until the final 3 squads...
A win's a win...! Strategically moving around the map and knowing when to engage is vital, too.

I had more wins in Ranked today than I've had in the past several days of pubs. Even with the multiple cooldown nerfs, Horizon still feels really good to use. If future nerfs target the duration of the gravity lift or her movement speed in it, that'll be a different story...

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I'm stuck on the loading screen (the one before you choose a server). :|

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I am supremely late to this party but I finally picked up Apex! Played my first game earlier this week and by now I've won a couple and sort of decided that I like defensive characters (I main Gibraltar, gonna unlock Caustic first). Not sure why - maybe the movement? I love Titanfall, after all - but I've never played a BR before that has immediately clicked like this.

Now I'm just kinda miffed that I didn't pick it up two years ago.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Some opinions from me for this season...

The repeater sucks
Like for real, this gun is just trash. The damage output is below what it needs to be at all ranges, it doesn't compete well against anything in any category. At ranged you get more burst/peak damage using something like a triple take or sentinel, at mid ranges you will consistently get beat out on damage over a hemlock or G7. The charge mechanic isn't all that ideal for peeking either, since you have next to no ADS movement speed on this gun.

At mid ranges it's very likely any repeater user would lose to a wingman too. The wingman hits harder and gives you full movement speed, projectile speed is a bit slower but the movement speed more than compensates, making you a hard target to hit. A friend and I practiced this across the width of firing range, and the repeater player would consistently lose the gunfight to the wingman user at 100 meters. Using Anvil on a Flatline or 301 easily competes with the repeater too making it feel like it doesn't have a place in the game at the minute.

My suggestion would be to keep the damage the same and give it an ADS movement speed increase akin to something like the alternator or 301. So not as fast moving as the Wingman, but faster than the other snipers, which would allow it to serve as a decent mid-range option that can potentially out-peek the snipers if players use it with good movement.

Fuse also sucks
This one is probably more controversial, but I don't get any utility from him, and I don't see anyone else hitting our squad effectively with him either. His ultimate is hard to place correctly to be effective, often doesn't apply the full circle (due to map objects and whatnot) and his tactical is very easily evaded, with less utility than a single thermite grenade most of the time (because it doesn't slow, people just move away from it).

I think that his grenade spam has some potential in ranked play, because people tend to camp up with Caustic (and Wattson is rare nowadays) but in pubs it's rarely useful. Some cracked players might be able to use him effectively for arc star sticks, but at mid and low levels of play I think he's worse than Rampart.

I think at the moment the meta is split between mobility and defense, really. You'll notice that character that don't either have a) a way to escape bad scenarios (Wraith phase and portal, Path zip, Octane pad) or b) a way to protect their team, and reset a fight (crypto's emp, gibby bubble and ult, lifeline rez) just aren't that useful. If you don't have either of those toolsets then you need something amazing to compensate (such as Bloodhound scans), even to do well in pubs, and I don't think fuse has that.

I wouldn't change anything with him at the minute, since it's too early to say for sure how he'll synergies with other characters (Horizon+Fuse is one of the more obvious combos).

Kings Canyon changes are great
Overall, really happy with the changes. Some areas could benefit from more loot though. Places like airbase aren't especially dense compared to the new areas, and you often come out short on some resources such as heals, or shields compared to dropping in one of the newer areas like Crash site or capacitor.

Everyone I know has been struggling on the new map, having a hard time getting the wins they were last season, and I think that has more to do with SBMM than it does the map design changes. So many of my games have ended with 4 or so squads in the final ring, whereas previously they would almost always end in level 2 or 3 zone. It just feels sweatier and more competitive in pubs, and the introduction of the repeater doesn't help as it pushes many players towards a more ranged playstyle while they try and make that gun work, which prolongs fights.

I personally really like the fights at Crash site. There's big height up there, but so many ways to circumvent that advantage by using the ziplines and slopes. Another big big change is the colour filter that's applied to the map, previously Kings Canyon had an orange hue applied to it, making everything harder to see. I'm very glad that it's gone this season.

Last edited:

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, okay, here's a counterpoint on the repeater: It makes a really cool sound when you shoot/charge.

Edit:
In all fairness, I prefer it a bit over the G7. It's definitely outclassed by enough weapons though.

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Did Respawn fix clubs with this patch for everyone? I was able to finally join the Reset clan and now all my random squadmates in each match are in clubs, whereas I rarely if ever got matched up with someone already in a club before. Curious if it was a S8 patch fix that allowed everyone to get in a club, or if I'm getting put in lobbies with other people who are in clans specifically.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yeah, okay, here's a counterpoint on the repeater: It makes a really cool sound when you shoot/charge.

Edit:
In all fairness, I prefer it a bit over the G7. It's definitely outclassed by enough weapons though.
Much like the Sentinel, it has great audiovisual feedback. Nailing a charged headshot kill feels perfect. Respawn does great work there.

And I like it more than the Scout. Maybe it's the new gun shine, but I'm more consistent with it.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
fucking hell gold is 100% smooth-brained. Literally everything bad about ADHD no aim apex right now.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God I'm back in Platinum. It's not really better maybe, but at least I can say "Thank God I'm back in Platinum".

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Did Respawn fix clubs with this patch for everyone? I was able to finally join the Reset clan and now all my random squadmates in each match are in clubs, whereas I rarely if ever got matched up with someone already in a club before. Curious if it was a S8 patch fix that allowed everyone to get in a club, or if I'm getting put in lobbies with other people who are in clans specifically.

They just didn't display which club they were in before, I think? So maybe that's the change you're noticing.

Clubs still have invite issues.

For my friends the best way to resolve them was to join another club and then leave it, then join ours.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Fuse also sucks
This one is probably more controversial, but I don't get any utility from him, and I don't see anyone else hitting our squad effectively with him either. His ultimate is hard to place correctly to be effective, often doesn't apply the full circle (due to map objects and whatnot) and his tactical is very easily evaded, with less utility than a single thermite grenade most of the time (because it doesn't slow, people just move away from it).

I think that his grenade spam has some potential in ranked play, because people tend to camp up with Caustic (and Wattson is rare nowadays) but in pubs it's rarely useful. Some cracked players might be able to use him effectively for arc star sticks, but at mid and low levels of play I think he's worse than Rampart.

I think at the moment the meta is split between mobility and defense, really. You'll notice that character that don't either have a) a way to escape bad scenarios (Wraith phase and portal, Path zip, Octane pad) or b) a way to protect their team, and reset a fight (crypto's emp, gibby bubble and ult, lifeline rez) just aren't that useful. If you don't have either of those toolsets then you need something amazing to compensate (such as Bloodhound scans), even to do well in pubs, and I don't think fuse has that.

I wouldn't change anything with him at the minute, since it's too early to say for sure how he'll synergies with other characters (Horizon+Fuse is one of the more obvious combos).
I'll take your word for it since you're one of the god-tier players on here, but anecdotally, I've been having a good time with him and have actually been pretty successful in my mid-tier matches. I've been getting lots of people caught up in the ultimate flames and then hit them with the L1 and/or grenades. I do love the ease of opening up doors in far-off buildings with the L1 too. I may switch off of him after the honeymoon phase, but I'm having fun so far.

Also, I'm in full agreement with your other points about the repeater and map changes.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I got my 50th win with Fuse yesterday and switched back to Loba, his abilities seem a lot cooler then they actually are...

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I have ~70 total in S8 but I'm only winning around 50% of my games played compared to 66% last season. Every single season until this one my win rate went up... Think I got to as good as I'm gonna get last season.

That winrate is insane, I don't know how you do it! Even my friends with 6+ KDRs or top 500 pred on PS4 don't have winrates even close to that.

You should post up some gameplay sometime, if you get chance. I haven't seen any of your full matches in a while (I think the last one I watched was a 20 bomb in S3 or something?).

On the topic, I almost hit a 20 yesterday. 17 kills and the last team is lifeline, bloodhound, octane. I down blood and octane then lifeline appears and revives both in quick succession. I was the only one left alive on my team and I just couldn't deal with it. Suddenly I was in a room with 3 players up with more than 400 total hp. I died.

Didn't really matter though since it was on Octane anyway and I have a 20k badge on him. I've managed to get 6 of them with him so far, and most of them are on kings canyon.

Also just wondering but what servers do you play on? Because I'm surprised I've never seen you. I see the top EU players all the time. Had a series of games with Cheekyclassic last week for instance (top crypto). He doesn't win often though, since I think he solo queues. Usually seemed to end up dead before I found him.

SquareFenix

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone here who is a 'Season 0' player like myself: how many have had a 4K damage game and/or a 20 kill game? I have over 10,000 lifetime kills and 439 wins, but my highest kill total is 15 and damage was 3205.

Having the in-game damage tracker is useful this season for me to try and be a little more aggressive if I happen to be solo (if my teammates left or banners expired). I'm happy I finally got a 2K badge with Bangalore last night as she was the only 'original' Legend that I hadn't gotten at least 2000 damage with yet.