• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
This is the first season I've actually bought the battle pass up front and really focusing on leveling via challenges. Is it worth the effort to try and finish off all weekly challenges, or is it smarter to wait for later weeks because there will be overlap? For example, I have a deal 2500 damage with shotguns challenge (kinda painful w/o double tap trigger this season), should I grind to finish it off or wait for a "deal X damage with Mastiff or Eva-8" in later weeks?

I don't really grind weekly challenges. Generally everything starts coming together towards the end of the season. You'll deal that much shotgun damage over the course of the season easily.

If I get a 'kill 15 players with 3 character I rarely play. Then I'd probably grind that one out in casual.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first season I've actually bought the battle pass up front and really focusing on leveling via challenges. Is it worth the effort to try and finish off all weekly challenges, or is it smarter to wait for later weeks because there will be overlap? For example, I have a deal 2500 damage with shotguns challenge (kinda painful w/o double tap trigger this season), should I grind to finish it off or wait for a "deal X damage with Mastiff or Eva-8" in later weeks?
Added up, the weeklies in total give you around four and a half levels on their own, so they're very much worth doing. I personally like to target and complete them as soon as possible, but a lot of the weapon-based challenges will naturally be completed as you play throughout the season, even if you're not focusing on them. The ones that require certain characters or abilities to be used do require that sort of deliberate grinding, though.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised they didn't make a bigger deal of it in the trailer, but the news page on the Collection Event says that the crafting cost for all items has been reduced by 50%.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
At this point if I were to get heirloom shards, I'd have choice paralysis. I don't really have a solid main, so would I go for Gibby, Lifeline, or Bloodhound??

I'd probably only ever get one.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm just waiting for Wattson's heirloom to become a thing now, I already have Lifeline's and I don't want anybody else's. Maybe Loba down the line, but we have time to see it coming, I guess.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Lol it's like they heard my complaints in page one and brought back the Battle Armor LTM.

glad to see it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The prize track for the Anniversary event is their most generous prize track yet. Probably just a temporary thing for the anniversary itself though. Not expecting that for their future collection events.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the collection event tracker is really generous compared to the usual ones. I hope it's not a one-off. 10 free Apex packs and 2 event packs is awesome.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Had a situation last night where my squad was coming out of that cave tunnel between Cage and where Farm used to be. Two different squads were posted up with multiple 30-30s at distance and absolutely shut down all of our attempts to rotate out due to lack of cover. I feel like that was the intended design for the new map when they removed the Farm. It was annoying at the time, but I appreciate positioning and rotations becoming more important to success vs pure combat success.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
www.ea.com

Looking Back on Two Years of Apex Legends

Two years later, we’re just getting started.

This is really a good read. It's nice to see some screenshots of how the initial prototype of Apex Legends looked like.

This is an incredibly good read. Especially the level design of Kings Canyon, wow!

Also, this twitter thread:

This screenshot in particular:

HMUXrLl.jpg

rA054cO.gif

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Free Event Packs, the new mode looks great and the game is in a great spot right now.

Game's awesome right now.

Man I need some peeps to play with.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Speaking of heirlooms, it seems if you only want to spend $70 instead of the usual $140, now is the time lol!

Still too much for me, so I'll keep waiting for them to drop randomly.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
They did add tridents so it's always possible they add more vehicles of some sort, but I think they're going to stay away from that kind of tank/titan gameplay and keep the vehicles more for transit than combat. Titans just wouldn't fit with what this BR is.

Maybe alternate modes that are more like tf2 multiplayer could have them, but I don't think the upcoming arenas mode is going to be like tf2. They've talked about how players fall off of multiplayer games like tf2 after a few months and that BR is more suited to an ongoing game that keeps players engaged, because every match is so unique. I think they're going to be careful about whatever they add to the game.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks, they don't even want to put Titans on the maps as scenery. It ain't happening.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not Mirage getting perpetually dunked on by everybody, poor thing, can anybody become his friend already? He's one of the least worst male legends of the bunch, he's just a cutie pie who wants to be loved and appreciated, craving for some positive attention and validation, and he just wanna have fun!
Anyway, that trailer was pretty damn fun indeed, that got me excited for the event!

Also, managed to snatch this solo win today. Warning, *heavy breathing intensifies*. My mic was too close, and I was stressed, I guess.

ASMR Apex

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Free Event Packs, the new mode looks great and the game is in a great spot right now.

Game's awesome right now.

Man I need some peeps to play with.
Yea I haven't played since Season 1 launch and I'm all in on Apex now. Bought the Season 8 pass and everything. I've been having a great time. Such a breath of fresh air compared to Warzone. I'm a filthy casual and have to solo queue and the quality of pugs in Apex is sooooo much better than Warzone.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Just got the Wild West legendary skin for the 30-30 out of the level 5 legendary pack, couldn't ask for much better.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
To be fair, in a very meta way, you can already consider that the legends are titans with pilots. Us.

Delphine's teammates
giphy.gif

Also Delphine's teammates
200.gif

You laugh, but I'm pretty sure that this has already happened to someone here (maybe GungJoe, mind confirming it?), when I decided to play with him while my SO was already sleeping in the room next to mine. It's a weird thing to hear me yelling & whispering at the same time.

Last edited:

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Does anyone feel like the gun meta is the healthiest it's ever been? The 30-30 carved out a niche for itself that doesn't step on the toes of snipers or other ARs, and I can't think of a gun that seriously falls behind the others. I'm generally happy to pick up just about any weapon atm.

Fingers crossed the mystery Sentinel hop-up is Disruptor rounds like some people speculate, and that they get it right this time.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the Wild West legendary skin for the 30-30 out of the level 5 legendary pack, couldn't ask for much better.
Damn that's literally the one I've been contemplating crafting! Jealous. I'm going to hold off on spending the shards to see what I get from the anniversary event Apex packs I think.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who hit Diamond last season looking to team up? Solo q in ranked is heartwrenching.

I don't know if it's you, but at the old place(or here I honestly cant remember) I played Overwatch with a person who had the same avatar as you. If you're playing on console, feel free to add me.

LXV Roses on XBL.

I know there's probably a lot of auto aim with this cluster, but I still chuckled.

GameClips.io - No Clips Found

GameClips.io - Easily watch and share your favourite Xbox clips and screenshots. GameClips allows you to watch the top game DVR clips from the latest and greatest xbox games.

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's you, but at the old place I played Overwatch with a person who had the same avatar as you. If you're playing on console, feel free to add me.

LXV Roses on XBL.
Yup, IKizzLE is my PSN.
Played a ton of GM Overwatch games. I believe we played a couple games there too.
I'll add you tonight.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I don't really grind weekly challenges. Generally everything starts coming together towards the end of the season. You'll deal that much shotgun damage over the course of the season easily.

If I get a 'kill 15 players with 3 character I rarely play. Then I'd probably grind that one out in casual.
This is the way. Dailies you can usually get done without much effort, but the weeklies are literally just background noise.
No use getting blinkered by a single challenge when you can run with a perfectly good setup. Just wastes time and makes you vulnerable because you're constantly distracted by getting a kill with one specific thing.

I especially hate it when my squad mates are like "Can you run through this portal for me real quick!?"

No. Just play the game normally and you'll get your 10 squad warps, guaranteed.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I especially hate it when my squad mates are like "Can you run through this portal for me real quick!?"

I'm that person. Because I have a main, and I care a lot about not being able to play with her as much as I want to.

If I ask people to get into that portal, it's because I can then go back to pretending that Wraith doesn't exist as soon as it's over.

If it was entirely up to me, I'd probably never play anybody else but Lifeline. But a girl gotta complete them weeklies in order to grind that battlepass, I guess.

This is partly why S1 battlepass will forever remain the superior variant. I was never forced to play in a certain way or with certain legends in order to complete it. I just had to dedicate time, that's all.

Last edited:

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
I'm that person. Because I have a main, and I care a lot about not being able to play with her as much as I want to.

If I ask people to get into that portal, it's because I can then go back to pretending that Wraith doesn't exist as soon as it's over.

If it was entirely up to me, I'd probably never play anybody else but Lifeline.
Looking forward to Apex on mobile solely for this purpose. Will have lots of duos in my future that have no shots fired, but tons of challenge completions.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

But not everyone plays every single legend. Like I hate playing Wraith and Pathfinder but if I had to play them to finish a challenge, I'd appreciate if people would just help me get it done so I can get back to my mains.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The crafting mats being cut in half for the next event is interesting, I've been sitting on a lot. It might actually be feasible to get heirloom shards from this if I craft all the epics, get 2 legendaries from the event packs and see what the rest would be.