• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Feels so good to play on King`s Canyon again. The game was released only two years ago but playing the map already gives me that sweet nostalgia from back then.
I would love to play the original design again though.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So...absolutely nothing about cross progression, huh?
Guess all the stuff I accumulated over multiple seasons on PS4 are gone to me since I went with Xbox this Gen.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Glad i'm out of the BP game because fuck me 2 whole levels in like 4 hours lol

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
A few things about Apex from the EA earnings call:
I'm not sure exactly what to make of some of the growth numbers, since they don't seem to define them outright like "this many more active players" but it seems like the game is making more money than ever.

Very interesting that we could be 3-4 months away from Apex on mobile.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the new OT Delphine!

As it says in the OP, everyone should feel free to join our club Resetera[EU]. We have about 12 places left and it would be great if it were a bit more active this season!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Really liking Kings Canyon V3, pretty enjoyable. To be fair, I'll never ever not have a soft spot for Kings Canyon, I just love this map so much!
I hope we'll get to stroll on KC V1 for the Anniversary Event!
30-30 Repeater is a pretty solid gun as well, I quite enjoyed the few times I used it. Alright, I'll include it in my rotation!

Also, pretty surprised and glad to hear about the 2 packs that we might be able to get for free during the event! Bless!
We've been saying this since the Iron Crown event, don't think we forgot, Respawn 👀

If this event contains the skins that are teased in the holo spays, then holy fuck it's gonna be hard to resist spending money on those anyway!

Oh wow! Happy to see you're around here as well!
And yes, amazing idea, happily displaying it on Lifeline, thanks so much for this :D

KlV78o4.jpg

I guess the op doesn't get updated each thread huh?
Pretty sure the map doesn't look like that now

Y'all need to let me breathe, I said it was just a copy/pasta of the old OP, I got lazy and wanted to test S8 asap, ok?!

IqMouVQ.gif

(Also KC will forever look like that in my kokoro, don't @ me!)

Last edited:

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Fuze is fun, he combos extremely well with Caustic and Horizon, it's sorta nutty how good that combo is, especially in later rings.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
So Pathfinder's Quest has delivered. I'm working right now so I just flipped through the first few pages. It seems cool so far. It reads like a screenplay with Pathfinder talking to different people, but there are sections on the pages alongside the screenplay that go into further detail on companies/characters/etc.

The book appears to take place after the events of the season 7 comic, at least based on the first few pages of chapter 1 so far. I'm not sure if it goes back to different periods later on though.

I hope that isn't considered spoilers. If I talk in more detail about the book's story later on, I will definitely tag up the post.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
So Pathfinder's Quest has delivered. I'm working right now so I just flipped through the first few pages. It seems cool so far. It reads like a screenplay with Pathfinder talking to different people, but there are sections on the pages alongside the screenplay that go into further detail on companies/characters/etc.

The book appears to take place after the events of the season 7 comic, at least based on the first few pages of chapter 1 so far. I'm not sure if it goes back to different periods later on though.

Mine is shipping tonight hopefully. I'm very excited, I do like a bit of lore.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Those jump pad changes are damn good. A lot more fitting for Octane's sense of speed.

I notice that I win on my first match of the day pretty frequently and get so much worse as the day progresses.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

I hope that isn't considered spoilers. If I talk in more detail about the book's story later on, I will definitely tag up the post.
Got mine last night, can't wait to tear into it.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Gold mag r99 and Eva 8 wew. Didn't ADS once and came away with 8 kills, 4 assists and a win.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying Fuse so far. I had crafting mats for a legendary skin and said screw it and bought his bundle in the store. I like how useful he is at harassing enemies.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying Fuse so far. I had crafting mats for a legendary skin and said screw it and bought his bundle in the store. I like how useful he is at harassing enemies.
A Caustic and Wattson holed themselves up in one of the tiny rooms in Bunker early game, and I was able to kill them simultaneously with a Knuckle Cluster. Even if I died to a third party right after, I still felt good about that! His improved grenade launching passive is also a lot of fun.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
PC version
Don't know if it's a bug, game takes forever to return to lobby after you die, and when you first launch game, the choose your server splash screen, now takes 15secs as to 5 before...
It's on a Gen 4 NVME and some of the load times are longer, today a new bug appeared, when i switch to firing range game freezes for 2 secs..

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
PC version
Don't know if it's a bug, game takes forever to return to lobby after you die, and when you first launch game, the choose your server splash screen, now takes 15secs as to 5 before...
It's on a Gen 4 NVME and some of the load times are longer, today a new bug appeared, when i switch to firing range game freezes for 2 secs..
Same here, I even tried verifying the game files but I'm not sure if that fixed anything.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gets stuck returning to lobby for me on xbox a lot too. Probably just servers getting hammered in general.

Think I got 4 wins today, season's been going pretty smooth. Wish KC changed a bit more, there's small stuff dotted around but the top left is really where the bulk of it is (and I still have barely been there since the whole lobby goes to die there).

One thing I really dislike is where Mirage Voyage is, I didn't realize they even brought it back but it seems like you need to use the jump towers to even reach it so if there's a team on the ship shooting back at you, it's basically not possible to really down someone and take advantage of it with how slow and obvious a rotation there takes.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing worse than a duo who queues up for ranked and plays as a duo only. No pings, no help, fucking worthless.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
There is nothing worse than a duo who queues up for ranked and plays as a duo only. No pings, no help, fucking worthless.
I don't play rank but when i see it in pug, I quit, 2 friends using VOIP to have a convo, open mic, can hear TV and shit, it happen to me earlier, i left them soon as the game started..go player duos, looking for a third to carry you fuckers...

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
i always kept to having just the level badge because i don't really care about the generic show off stupid shit, so i'm happy to have the BLM badge on from here out.

hopefully they put out a pride badge too.

as an aside, one thing i dearly miss about the early days of apex is how snappy it felt to play. i can't go a day without getting some rubberbanding in a match.

Oct 31, 2017
What are people's thoughts on the 30-30 so far? Decent? OP? Not good enough? Not distinct/unique enough?

I've only dabbled with it a tiny bit between yesterday and today. For the most part, I think it's a really strong assist machine that's good at opening up fights or cleaning up super critical runners. But so far it's not been super great for head to head gunfights for me.

That said, I had a moment today where I was in a desperate 1v1, end of a squad battle fight and I lined a charged shot up for the headshot. Getting that 100 yellow damage number headshot, squad wipe + kill sound coupled with the firing of the rifle and everything all felt super good when it all came together.

Matchmaking very rarely feels like it does that good of a job for either groups, the partied up duos or the solo third wheels.

I solo queue quite a bit too, so I also understand the plight of the third wheel. It definitely does suck when a partied up duo gives absolutely zero fucks about you at all.

What I want to know is, why isn't there a mercenaries solo queue list yet? The game's been begging for it forever honestly. And I'd probably play the game so much more if that was added.

Duos would be great if it wasn't so sweaty. (and I didn't have to try even harder to carry for a chance at winning than I already do in trios...)

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
As soon as I posted that I got the best duo I've ever been with, we all posted 2K+ damage and a win. Of course the option to join them wasn't in my lobby options, RIP.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using the 3030 whenever I can, but so far it's acted like a sniper for me while I use a volt/r99 for the closer encounters. It's been a little hard to maneuver with in close quarters. I'm trying to figure out where it fits. If it ends up being just a sniper, then I'll probably stop using it and go for something that has higher damage.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Unlocking these recent music packs made me wanna go and check those early ones that I missed, and damn, it's tragic that Pathfinder's Music Pack was locked behind the Iron Crown event. Less than, like, 5% of players have to have this, lmao.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Unlocking these recent music packs made me wanna go and check those early ones that I missed, and damn, it's tragic that Pathfinder's Music Pack was locked behind the Iron Crown event. Less than, like, 5% of players have to have this, lmao.

Same for Lifeline's music pack. It was locked behind the Iron Crown event as well, just like Pathfinder's. I got lucky and unlocked it still through the 2 free packs we got then, but otherwise I would never have gotten it. Probably the same amount of players must own Lifeline's music pack.
And I'm missing Pathfinder's still.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah the 30-30 definitely feels like it's just outside of sniper range and power and just inside assault rifle range and pace/cadence. I figured I'd see it more in high level stream's gameplay in these two days but haven't really.

I feel like it's really only going to truly shine when people full leverage the charge shot and land headshots, because spamming the trigger definitely doesn't feel very good or reliable, at least using the Scout as a point of comparison for close range spam effectiveness.

LOL @ Ramirez getting a good team synergy duo right after complaining in here.

It's actually a little surreal at how often I'll complain about something in this game/random teammates and then the very next game it'll toss a bone almost as if the game knows/can read your mind somehow.

I definitely suspect algorithm fuckery tbh...

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So I've been making it a point to run with the 30-30 every game and so far, I have to say that I like it. It isn't ridiculously strong but I find it extremely effective at mid to mid-long range. It's extremely stable and it's much easier to predict the path of your bullets in that regard. While it doesn't have the 1-hit potential that a Longbow or Sentinel does, you can put bullets down range very quickly in pretty much the exact same spot. Players are largely used to being able to tank a few hits from anything that isn't a full fledged sniper rifle and that makes them slow to react to getting hit with the 30-30. So, with good aim, you can crack and knock them almost out of nowhere.

For example, I had a situation today where my teammates thought they'd ambush a full squad that was going for a drop but they started firing from a bad position (lower elevation and no cover). They got off good shots but the fight was going badly very quickly. I had an alternate angle with cover and equal elevation and just unloaded on the enemy squad with the 30-30 and wiped the squad before they even realized where the shots were coming from. Now that was one fight in I don't know how many over a bunch of games, and I didn't do anything like that in any other games... so it was definitely a situation where all the variables were just right. But as I said before... the 30-30, for me, feels much more dependable than Sniper Rifles and far less finicky than the Scout.

If you're very accurate with an AR at those distances, then the same or similar can be accomplished but at a much higher cost of ammo and I find with the frequency of 3rd (and more) partying, the less I have to loot death boxes throughout the game to keep my ammo reserves up, the better. So, for me, the 30-30 is a great option for my playstyle.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It's actually a little surreal at how often I'll complain about something in this game/random teammates and then the very next game it'll toss a bone almost as if the game knows/can read your mind somehow.

This is all too true. You gotta accept that some days this game gives you shit, and some days it gives you good feelings, and that things are gonna be unequal, that's just how it is.

But boy do we love to complain sometimes? Me first, aka the girl who says she'll quit Apex, but she doesn't. Goddammit!

Jan 11, 2019
I actually like that this game often forces you to just roll with it. My favourite match from the other day way when both my teammates bailed on me and I ended up dropping alone. Instead of quitting I ghosted after a successful team, and looted the containers of the people they killed.

I ended up with a maxed prowler and full armor and pretty good kit. In the end it was just me and one other squad. I gave them a hard time and downed two of them and came in second. When this game gives you lemades and you clench your teeth and try to make lemonade, I feel like that's when it's often at its best.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019

I'm waiting on the book myself, but I won't receive it until next month :/
It wasn't quite clear to me what the format of the book would be, but I was keen to get hold of a copy anyway. I don't think any previews were shown online.

Is it an illustrated story/screenplay?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
book should be here today for me, i'll write about it later : )

EDIT: turns out i was wrong, my control art book arrived despite being scheduled for the 9th. hmm. pathfinder hasn't been dispatched and it's showing as out of stock on amazon. going to blame brexit again.

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I don't know if you all are experiencing this too but I am getting eaten alive by 30-30s and snipers at range. I don't ever remember being barraged by sniper fire in any prior season, it's absurd so far this season. You get inside the new areas and the sounds of 30-30s going off from 4 different directions in the canyon are overwhelming. End game in that new area where the ship crashed are really fun. They took some of the vertical map from Olympus and brought it in there and I like it a lot.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you all are experiencing this too but I am getting eaten alive by 30-30s and snipers at range. I don't ever remember being barraged by sniper fire in any prior season, it's absurd so far this season. You get inside the new areas and the sounds of 30-30s going off from 4 different directions in the canyon are overwhelming. End game in that new area where the ship crashed are really fun. They took some of the vertical map from Olympus and brought it in there and I like it a lot.
Yeah the absence of some buildings around the map and the addition of the wide open areas to the north have turned KC into a sniper map. It doesn't help that they added a new gun that's best at medium to long range.

It may settle down a bit once more people get their fill of the 3030 and move around to other guns, but yeah the map is more open than ever before.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Might try rank. Ill just have to mute everything or I'll have an anxiety attack playing 😂

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I love how they have bumped up requirements for some daily challenges again, after the shitshow that was last season's start. Pretty sure some of my weekly challenges look like the numbers went up as well. They must really REALLY want people to be forced into either grinding every single day or buying battle pass levels.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they have bumped up requirements for some daily challenges again, after the shitshow that was last season's start. Pretty sure some of my weekly challenges look like the numbers went up as well. They must really REALLY want people to be forced into either grinding every single day or buying battle pass levels.
It's not that bad, I finished all of mine every day within a few matches so far.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
They seem the same to me?

My current set of dailies:
Play 2 games
Play 2 games as Crypto
Deal 500 damage
Deal 400 damage with the Havoc
Get 5 kills or assists

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first season I've actually bought the battle pass up front and really focusing on leveling via challenges. Is it worth the effort to try and finish off all weekly challenges, or is it smarter to wait for later weeks because there will be overlap? For example, I have a deal 2500 damage with shotguns challenge (kinda painful w/o double tap trigger this season), should I grind to finish it off or wait for a "deal X damage with Mastiff or Eva-8" in later weeks?

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
They seem the same to me?

My current set of dailies:
Play 2 games
Play 2 games as Crypto
Deal 500 damage
Deal 400 damage with the Havoc
Get 5 kills or assists
I've only played yesterday and today so far but a few are definitely higher. It's minor numerical increases but the amount of replicator materials went from 150 to 200, the amount of damage with specific weapons went from 125 to 400, and more. We saw at the beginning of S7 what they wanted the numbers to be, stuff like collect 400 materials and deal 1250 damage with a specific weapon, so I imagine the numbers will keep increasing until they feel like people are buying enough levels.

Last edited:

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
oct's jumppads are amazing now. I love them. definitely feels like they're useful and fit his character now

enjoying the new KC

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not Mirage getting perpetually dunked on by everybody, poor thing, can anybody become his friend already? He's one of the least worst male legends of the bunch, he's just a cutie pie who wants to be loved and appreciated, craving for some positive attention and validation, and he just wanna have fun!
Anyway, that trailer was pretty damn fun indeed, that got me excited for the event!

Also, managed to snatch this solo win today. Warning, *heavy breathing intensifies*. My mic was too close, and I was stressed, I guess.