• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I never skip the pass but man that stuff is drab AF. Even as a Caustic main I'm meh. Triple Take is nice at least.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Valk no longer in "throwing if you don't pick her" tier

Newcastle looks fucked now. Him + Seer + Maggie are gonna be an issue

Lstar buffs plus volt plus sentinel plus Eva resurrect and valk getting beat up sounds fun. Wonder if hammerpoints can be taken off re45 so it's effectively always available now.

Can't believe they didn't blow up fragment

• Ring 1 Preshrink Time decreased from 180s to 60s.
Games about to speed up.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Added ability to use "tap" interact prompts when they conflict with "hold" (e.g. reloading near downed teammates is now a lot more reliable on controller).

This is huge for controller players, I think, I'm not a controller player but it sounds like a big deal.

Holy shit Maggie can destroy Gibby domes now? That's huge.

Last edited:

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Huh, they made the gold knockdown the gold backpack and got rid of self revive.

Interesting. Not that I've seen anybody in a final circle pull off a revive in forever.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got my first set of Heirloom Shards like last week after playing the game from since launch with every BP bought. I was waiting for this patch notes to drop to see what I was gonna do because I was considering to get Valk's Heirloom. Those nerfs are pretty significant. I'm not sure if I'll be using her as much from here on. Have to see how she feels in game. This is exactly why I waited. I don't wanna buy an Heirloom for an irrelevant character to me. That is, if she feels horrible to play now.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Wonder if hammerpoints can be taken off re45 so it's effectively always available now.
I read it as hammerpoints are a separate thing than the RE-45, they're just crafted together. In other words, the 45 doesn't have the HP built in, you're crafting two distinct items at once. So I think it would always be available.

BeYourOwn3AM

Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I really don't understand why Respawn seems to be so adamantly against having different maps in the ranked and pubs rotations. Why can't we keep Olympus for pubs, but move SP and WE to be only in ranked where they really shine?

Not sure I can take another season of constant WE fragment hot drops in pubs. It's really the only thing that makes me consider quitting the game for a full season.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I got my first set of Heirloom Shards like last week after playing the game from since launch with every BP bought. I was waiting for this patch notes to drop to see what I was gonna do because I was considering to get Valk's Heirloom. Those nerfs are pretty significant. I'm not sure if I'll be using her as much from here on. Have to see how she feels in game. This is exactly why I waited. I don't wanna buy an Heirloom for an irrelevant character to me. That is, if she feels horrible to play now.
Personally, I'd hold on to them and wait for Loba's heirloom rumoured this season :)

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get what people are expecting when they just look at the patch notes then just saying they're gonna dip for the season.

Like it seems fine to me? Do people really just prefer this season when literally absolutely nothing changes and it's the same game?

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand why Respawn seems to be so adamantly against having different maps in the ranked and pubs rotations. Why can't we keep Olympus for pubs, but move SP and WE to be only in ranked where they really shine?

Not sure I can take another season of constant WE fragment hot drops in pubs. It's really the only thing that makes me consider quitting the game for a full season.

Every time: World's Edge comes up in the rotation, I play one game where, inevitably, it's a fragment hot drop, I realize I have an hour to do other things until a different map is back up.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
As a Valk main, I don't think the changes will turn me off from picking her, but we'll see once the patch is on.

Those Maggie buffs though, I might use her more often.

Overall pretty interesting changes

Fuck not having the best map though. Fuck Storm Point specfically too.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

Yup, the pros can have SP and WE. I just wanna play Olympus and KC. I'll take being third partied over having to drop in Fragment lest I go the entire game without seeing anyone to fight.

I may actually do more ranked than normal this season since it's KC at least.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no Olympus at all for season 14? WE is/was my favorite but this last split was rough for me.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
I'm surprised Seer wasn't nerfed a bit. I think his ultimate cooldown is too long, and I think its duration needs a bit of a nerf as well. Newcastle buff makes Lifeline even more useless. She desperately needs a rework.

30-30 seems busted now lol. Cannot wait to use it (it has become one of my favourite guns this season).

I'm guessing the rumoured Revenant buff is coming mid season?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad to see the Valk nerfs. Wasn't sure if they were going to hit the obnoxious passive spam that let you juke and get around people so well but they hit it in more ways than one, and still hit the ult and tac on top.

Maggie changes might be big, and I'm pretty surprised newcastle got buffed like that since he seemed pretty solid already. The changes to gold bag/knockdown are also a buff to him since he already wanted the best knockdown shield and doesn't need both bag and that for the res.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I am so excited to see KC again tomorrow. Last season can go screw itself. Nobody puts baby in the corner.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The new battle pass looks low effort. All the non-Wraith skins look like the regular rare skins with a safari pattern and Vantage's default skin is so boring to work with. Kind of looks like a Gears of War character with the bulky armor. The Valk nerf seems like too much at first glance. The passive spam was definitely a problem but I would've rather seen a delay between activations of her jetpack. Also the 25% nerf to the ult height is huge. She may not even be able to make it over some of the walls in Storm Point. So glad I didn't buy her heirloom even though I play her 80% of the time because I have a feeling she's going to feel slow and less useful now.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Won't be coming back for the next season. I quit this season in large part due to ranked changes and Respawn don't seem to have any intention to address them.

Respawn have made the games ranked system a massive grind. If you want to play in master and beyond you need to be on this game daily. I feel like Respawn want to take away my entire summer just to keep up.

Can't be bothered. I'm out for now. The game was already eating up too much of my life anyway (45,000 kills and 3,000 hours for context) and I think its absurd that Respawn appear to want even more.

For what it's worth I'm having a much better time since I quit. Feeling much more confident I'll actually finish my PhD and I've also taken up swimming as a hobby every almost every day. In just one season of ceasing playing Apex Legends my physical fitness has improved massively and I feel a lot happier for it too.

I would have kept playing casually for control, but they can't seem to figure out what they're doing. It shouldn't take a year to get out a game mode that is basically just Call of Duties domination. Remove arenas from the game, add control (or similar) as a permanent casual mode.