• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I get it, to an extent. Some of my highest-kill games on World's Edge started in the shit at Fragment and just snowballed from there to the podium. But it's so rare for me and so incredibly tiring to die there 10 times in a row.

It's fine for me on pubs, like I really don't care, but on Ranked the point is to survive as long as possible. It's just a bad idea all around

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
All of these changes are just their desperate attempt to push me into Arenas.
Joke's on you Respawn. I'll just finally work on my backlog instead.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
i just can't with this constant stream of rookies in my squad at gold. They can't do anything but loot. How is this SBMM? How is it equitable?

Oct 27, 2017
This is a fun ride. Got demoted from Plat again and after 2 games am 42 RP away from Plat again. 😆 Will be 4th time in a couple days. Whhheeeeeee. 🎢

Edit: 3rd game and we're back to Plat. 😆

EDIT2: Having a great night. Holding Plat4 pretty well. Almost half way to P3 completely solo. Whether matchmaking is favoring me a bit better or I'm adjusting to a faster more aware pace, I've seemed to have found a groove today.

Last edited:

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
i'm fucking sick of these invisible dive trails. I land somewhere, nobody coming in, then suddenly 3 fucking people land out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
i'm fucking sick of these invisible dive trails. I land somewhere, nobody coming in, then suddenly 3 fucking people land out of nowhere.
Oh fuck so it's not just me? Sometimes I swear I'm just really dumb and I'm bad at counting trails, I see no one and think a poi is safe only to be ambushed.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck so it's not just me? Sometimes I swear I'm just really dumb and I'm bad at counting trails, I see no one and think a poi is safe only to be ambushed.

It happens in 33% of my games. Drop looks clear, there's no trails anywhere near us on the way down or as we land.

"An enemy has landed near me"

No visual or audio cues for the other team(s) landing. Just 3+ people suddenly appearing around us.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It happens in 33% of my games. Drop looks clear, there's no trails anywhere near us on the way down or as we land.

"An enemy has landed near me"

No visual or audio cues for the other team(s) landing. Just 3+ people suddenly appearing around us.

Yeah. This happens to me sometimes. I just proceed to mop the floor with whoever lands near me, loot up and then wipeout the rest of the lobby for the dub.

Just kidding.

I get squad wiped within 10 seconds.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this weekend for the first time in a while and man, Im pretty sure I'm in the minority but I do not care for worlds edge. It's heard they changed it, but that was mostly cosmetic, yeah?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Playing this weekend for the first time in a while and man, Im pretty sure I'm in the minority but I do not care for worlds edge. It's heard they changed it, but that was mostly cosmetic, yeah?
It's changed several times, so depends on when you last played. None of the changes have been strictly "cosmetic" though; many POIs have been changed, added, and removed over the various iterations.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
again i try ranked, again is me and 2 rookies vs gold lobby. Literally running around looting and not fighting until they get shot at and die.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
again i try ranked, again is me and 2 rookies vs gold lobby. Literally running around looting and not fighting until they get shot at and die.

I don't know how they'd be able to do this but there should be matchmaking based on age group. Think you'd see alot less games like this.

I personally wouldn't mind playing matches with fellow old dads in the lobby vs 8 year olds.

Edit: If you are talking about ranked then there's no way around this.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how they'd be able to do this but there should be matchmaking based on age group. Think you'd see alot less games like this.

I personally wouldn't mind playing matches with fellow old dads in the lobby vs 8 year olds.

Edit: If you are talking about ranked then there's no way around this.

yeh it's ranked. I'm baffled how respawn thinks it's fair to pair me with 2 actual new players in a gold lobby. It was 10 minutes of watching them open every supply bin, walk around a bit, then get into one fight and melt after barely firing 6 shots. Had to rat to 3rd place and thankfully managed to scavenge a few kills to get some RP, but if it's not actually boring/a waste of time to play when you get a team like this.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
yeh it's ranked. I'm baffled how respawn thinks it's fair to pair me with 2 actual new players in a gold lobby. It was 10 minutes of watching them open every supply bin, walk around a bit, then get into one fight and melt after barely firing 6 shots. Had to rat to 3rd place and thankfully managed to scavenge a few kills to get some RP, but if it's not actually boring/a waste of time to play when you get a team like this.

Yeah. I think the new ranked system created this whole "loot for 20 minutes and camp until the last circle" thing, honestly. I have zero patience for the new ranked flow.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you're even coping with solo-queuing this new ranked system in the first place lol. I have zero patience for it.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just another nail in the solo queue ranked coffin for me.

Narcissism :p

I tried solo queuing in ranked yesterday for a few games and then remembered why I gave up. Everyone is still hot dropping into Fragment like it was pubs. And with the new system even if I got 2 kills, I lost -20 RP because another team thirded us.

Also, I made it to Gold 1 halfway through the last split so it's dropped me back down to Silver 2 now which they should've adjusted even more since this new system is such a slog.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Does the event have free stuff to unlock? I'm not buying any skins and I recently uninstalled for the season, but may reinstall if there's free stuff to unlock.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Does the event have free stuff to unlock? I'm not buying any skins and I recently uninstalled for the season, but may reinstall if there's free stuff to unlock.
There is a Nessie holo that looks like the Saitama ...ok meme, and a Fuse outfit. I'm oversimplifying it but those were the standouts.

I forget, can you craft any of these skins? Want the Mirage one but don't feel like playing roulette or dropping $40.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
still feel like there should be soft bans for people who drop and die within 45 seconds of landing too often. Take jumpmaster away for 24 hours, then 48 all the way up to perm.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is a VTuber?
It's someone who streams with an anime character on-screen mouthing their voice instead of their actual facecam. Good ones have lots of animations. It's growing in popularity on twitch. I feel like it'd be the ideal way to be a successful streamer because you wouldn't feel the pressure to show your face on days you're feeling self conscious. I guess it would also help with some anonymity too.
There are two weeks of free prize trackers with challenges to level them up.
There is a Nessie holo that looks like the Saitama ...ok meme, and a Fuse outfit. I'm oversimplifying it but those were the standouts.

I forget, can you craft any of these skins? Want the Mirage one but don't feel like playing roulette or dropping $40.
You can craft them during the event or pay for them. This is a "thematic event", not a "collection event", so after the event is over they will join the regular loot pool. They are still craftable at that point too, since you can just find them in the legends/loadout tabs.

ALSO, EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THAT THE SECOND WEEK'S PRIZE TRACKER HAS A FREE THEMATIC PACK, SO YOU MAY (1/40 chance) GET THE ITEM YOU WANT FOR FREE.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
You can craft them during the event or pay for them. This is a "thematic event", not a "collection event", so after the event is over they will join the regular loot pool. They are still craftable at that point too, since you can just find them in the legends/loadout tabs.
Fantastic. Are the skins the 1800 CP price or the 2400? I think I'm sitting on 2k.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I'm going to luck out because there's 0 things I am interested in buying this time. Wallet survives another week. 🥵 😆 Bang prestige skin is very nice, though. Considering how long it takes to get prestige anything, I won't hold my breath they get to my main anytime soon.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic. Are the skins the 1800 CP price or the 2400? I think I'm sitting on 2k.
I think the legendary skins are always double the normal crafting price, so 2400. They will drop down to 1200 in a few seasons though. I think the items from the first thematic event are now craftable for 1200, or they will be soon.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Too busy to play, and I really don't care to play, logged in saw the skins and logged out..also it's too hot to play...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Looks like I'm going to luck out because there's 0 things I am interested in buying this time. Wallet survives another week. 🥵 😆 Bang prestige skin is very nice, though. Considering how long it takes to get prestige anything, I won't hold my breath they get to my main anytime soon.
Who's your main? We should be getting one per season now, and it seems like they're doing the OG characters first.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I have not spent a dime on Apex other than the BP 2 seasons ago. But I would buy that Rev skin and I don't even play him.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has the bloodhound mythic skin, I really would not recommend spending money or shards on mythic skins. The Bangalore skin is cool, but there will always be a newer, cooler skin around the corner for a much cheaper price.

Heirlooms make a little bit more sense since you at least see them in game forever, even though they are also stupidly expensive.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Played COD Warzone for the first time in a long time. They have a mode called clash where it's essentially 30v30 TDM. It's fun as hell and I can't believe Respawn still hasn't tried a mode like this after 2 years.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Played COD Warzone for the first time in a long time. They have a mode called clash where it's essentially 30v30 TDM. It's fun as hell and I can't believe Respawn still hasn't tried a mode like this after 2 years.

Oh, word? I'm not a huge CoD head (mostly play Zombies from time to time), but that sounds pretty good.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Is the entire playerbase masters? That's literally all I see on my death recap lol.

Just trying to focus on the fact that I'm making so many people's day a little better by being one-clipped.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, word? I'm not a huge CoD head (mostly play Zombies from time to time), but that sounds pretty good.

Try it and see what you think. It's free so might as well. I'm going to try again today but I was using the baseline gun they give you and got 18 kills. Lots of funny moments like shooting enemies while they're dropping into the map in their parachute and vehicles too.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Get 5 kills, 3 assists, 3 participation.

54RP lol.

If there's one way to explain ranked this season, it's "spoilt orgasm"

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Try it and see what you think. It's free so might as well. I'm going to try again today but I was using the baseline gun they give you and got 18 kills. Lots of funny moments like shooting enemies while they're dropping into the map in their parachute and vehicles too.

Is Warzone still like 200 gigs? 🤣