• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Been having a great time with friends in trios this season but it really all goes to shit when I solo queue. They ruined ranked for solo queuing, so it'd be nice if they could add another BR mode that gave a penalty to people if they leave immediately when they get downed.

I know they'll have to change something at some point, but I'm honestly not sure what they can even do. They kind of screwed themselves by changing the ranked system so dramatically 3 years into the lifecycle of the game. I'm sure it's turned off a lot of people who liked it before or just people who are solo queuing. The changes make a lot of sense for premade squads of a similar skill level and people at high tier play, so it's not like they should just revert to how it used to be.

I usually solo until I hit plat, owing to time constraints. Not even bothering this split. It's a grind and a chore, exposes how terrible a lot of the player-base is at understanding basic FPS and BR principles. The MM is garbo. I'm finding more organised and intelligent squad mates in pub games than I am in ranked. It's a bizarre flip of how ranked vs pub was for me previously. I'm guessing a lot of people have fucked ranked off and are just playing pub games now. I know 2 people IRL who were full into the BP and ranked grind who just dropped the game completely this season.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I should hit platinum by weeks end at the rate I'm going. I've been getting atleast one big win a day ever since I started playing Rampart - netting about 200+ each win. She is key for those wide open areas in the last circles. Just set up on a big rock and make walls everywhere.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
That's a nice Tweet. Good on Respawn for being clear about what their characters represent and not folding to a few chuds on the internet. (Some of the replies are just...)

Hopped on last night with a friend for the first time in a while, and we won a few ranked games.
No BP. No looking at the challenges. 0 gold coins in the bank.
I'm here to sell you on the casual Apex experience. The game actually felt fun again.

It helps that none of the BP cosmetics appeal to me in the slightest. Dunno if it's just my new-found apathy or the quality is going down in general, but it's liberating to say the least.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
The causal Apex experience has always been great especially coming back from a break when the game gives you amazing matchmaking to sink the hooks in, but it's the part when you have played a long time and you are being put into terrible lobbies game after game that drains the life out of it.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
This is great. Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like Apex is on the forefront of introducing characters / legends that are LGBTQ. I think Overwatch did too, if I'm not mistaken.
Apex literally has one of the most diverse casts in AAA gaming, it's actually quite staggering.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just starting out and I'm not sure the last time I've played a more painful game. People landing into multiple teams every single time. Even if I do manage a couple kills, it only negates the RP lost by like 2.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm just starting out and I'm not sure the last time I've played a more painful game. People landing into multiple teams every single time. Even if I do manage a couple kills, it only negates the RP lost by like 2.
Do you mean you're just starting Apex? If so, then my advice is to just avoid Ranked completely, the system is a massive grind now and it's not an easy place to learn the game.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
God, Frankfurt servers are the worst. Also had a fun bug last game where I couldn't heal after being revived.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Do you mean you're just starting Apex? If so, then my advice is to just avoid Ranked completely, the system is a massive grind now and it's not an easy place to learn the game.
I played some unranked for awhile and was getting wins every day. It wasn't as satisfying as ranked should be. I do keep gaining in ranked, because I'll have 4 bad games then one decent one to offset it. I just hate the way people play. Trying to get my friends who don't like BRs on it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Time for my semiregular stats rant.

Things I want stats for that don't seem like too much to ask:
-Wins per map
-Kills per gun
-Avg. damage per gun
-Accuracy per gun

Some additional things that would be great:
-Match history
-Heatmaps
-LTM stats

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I played some unranked for awhile and was getting wins every day. It wasn't as satisfying as ranked should be. I do keep gaining in ranked, because I'll have 4 bad games then one decent one to offset it. I just hate the way people play. Trying to get my friends who don't like BRs on it.
Yeah I know what you mean. For me I'll have either bad days or good days, never in-between.

I would say you should join the Era club but I don't usually see anyone else on.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

My advice is play Mirage if you're solo queing. He's the most "selfish" of all the legends, meaning his abilities really don't help anyone in the team that much (although his revive is really good since he's invisible) but he's incredible at diversion and getting out of bad fights. You will be ratting alot with him but if you want to climb solo, this is what was working for me until I switched to Rampart. His ult charges incredibly fast and you'd be surprised how many times you'll use it to get out of a bad situation and it really does work - especially in Bronze / Silver. Rampart is better as you climb since everyone is walling people off and camping more.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
My advice is play Mirage if you're solo queing. He's the most "selfish" of all the legends, meaning his abilities really don't help anyone in the team that much (although his revive is really good since he's invisible) but he's incredible at diversion and getting out of bad fights. You will be ratting alot with him but if you want to climb solo, this is what was working for me until I switched to Rampart. His ult charges incredibly fast and you'd be surprised how many times you'll use it to get out of a bad situation and it really does work - especially in Bronze / Silver. Rampart is better as you climb since everyone is walling people off and camping more.
Yeah I guess I could try that character, but I feel like it'll make me a worse player once I advance up the ranks.
Yeah I know what you mean. For me I'll have either bad days or good days, never in-between.

I would say you should join the Era club but I don't usually see anyone else on.
Yeah, good and bad days. The last few games I've seen one of my teammates always run straight towards a team of three, leaving me and our other teammate in the dust and never pinging or saying a word, then dying. Then proceed to finally ping that they're down and we should risk our lives to come save him.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The last few games I've seen one of my teammates always run straight towards a team of three, leaving me and our other teammate in the dust and never pinging or saying a word, then dying. Then proceed to finally ping that they're down and we should risk our lives to come save him.
That's simply the Apex experience

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
4 rounds, 2 with lag bug and 2 with crashes. Shit night for it.

for fucks sake lag bug again and everybody is regless. Imagine you make billions off this but it runs worse than a fucking popular half-life 1 MP mod from the 90s

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Netted around 100 RP yesterday but it was brutal and I had to play a ton to wipe out my deficit from the first few matches. Even with mics, it was just really tricky with rotations and getting pinched. This might be the first season I don't reach platinum. Really nuts. There is no way that the players in the last few circles are "normal" season 12 level gold or platinum. They will beam you instantly out of nowhere.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Ranked match, paired with a duo playing together
Getting to the second to last ring
5 teams left
we're behind a big rock, the two other pair of teams are trading shots from a distance.
I ping my team, let them now we can ult with my Valk to gain a better position to dominate in the last circles.
Ping
Ping
Activate ult.
They decide to run into a gunfight between teams
Get destroyed
Thanks.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Ranked match, paired with a duo playing together
Getting to the second to last ring
5 teams left
we're behind a big rock, the two other pair of teams are trading shots from a distance.
I ping my team, let them now we can ult with my Valk to gain a better position to dominate in the last circles.
Ping
Ping
Activate ult.
They decide to run into a gunfight between teams
Get destroyed
Thanks.

I swear Respawn needs to make a ping command where it says "About to use my ult….Counting down….3,2,1" so everyone knows exactly when to move.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh yesterday I had 4 or 5 games where I had to disconnect and reconnect because of that lag bug. Then 2 separate crashes amongst those games.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I swear Respawn needs to make a ping command where it says "About to use my ult….Counting down….3,2,1" so everyone knows exactly when to move.

I don't think it would have helped, I pinged them, I wrote them, I activated the ult and waited a few seconds, and they just went attacking. They just didn't care to work as a team and wanted to pretend to be pro players

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What's the issue with self-rez?

Mostly affects final circle. Basically when a lot of teams go at it in the final circle, you're not stopping to thirst every downed player and figure out which one has the gold knock down. So it's almost inevitable that the team with gold knocks get second place, often above the team that knocked them all.

In ranked this is annoying, but in competitive it feels outright unfair with the team knocked getting more placement points in the overall tourney than the team or teams that killed them. Sometimes they might have all been knocked as far down as 5th or worse, and end up with second.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think I've played nearly 10k matches and never once gotten a gold revive off.

In the scenario I described above it's not about getting it off. It's about being down on the floor but having your team qualify in a higher place than they otherwise would because in the final, final circle, thirsting downed players is not likely to be the priority.

It is helpful in fights too though, because you can use a gold knock to put pressure on someone. For instance if a fight comes down to a 1 vs 1, you can start your gold res and that will force the guy on the other team to close the fight very quickly, or let you revive. It can be used to make certain scenarios very favourable for the team with the gold knock.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I don't think the new ranked system is working as intended lol.

💁‍♂️

Also:

I think the new ranked system is fine but the decision to increase RP entry and increase the grind was awful. Master costs 15000 compared to 10000 and from what I've seen, overall, you get less RP.

Like sure, kill points are uncapped but what's the point if the RP entry is so high and overall you get less points anyway.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
If they don't change some things with ranked next split they're going to see a big drop off in players. I certainly won't be back if things stay as is. Can you imagine this scoring system on a smaller map like Olympus? It's way too punishing in a game where 3 random people - most without mics - are supposed to gain RP by staying alive to the final circles. I've made a lot of new friends playing and even with mics it's really tough.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of placement weighting more towards success but I don't know if the KP scaling is right for it. Entry costs are way too punishing and it's clear that people in my ranked games have clearly not bothered to adjust to it and are still doing congested drops and W-key every fight.

Don't know how you fixed the solo vs group issue with ranked. It's hardly equitable on a solo player to have full stack groups in their games who communicate, whilst you get 2 Russians calling you a bitch for 5 minutes after they drop hot and die in 20 seconds.

Haven't touched ranked for weeks. Probably won't touch it again this season.

oh and i'm having to alt-f4 every other game because of the lag bug.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Until the player count and play time/stream time drops significantly -- it's only dropped a bit since peaking at the start of the season, at its best ever for apex -- they won't learn and fix all the gross bugs/gameplay issues.

Maybe S14 we'll get some of these things addressed. As many as there are, the wildest one to me is still the Loba bug returning. She's been broken more seasons than working 🤣

By my current count, speaking less to guns/items and legend balance:

Solo queue experience
Rank distribution and matchmaking
Rank Arenas matchmaking
Olympus flight path bug
Armory clipping
Armory portal climbing
Loba bracelet
Flashing white screen
Car parking on armory (which may just be a strategy granted)
Wraith damage in Q bug (I think the healing one is fixed at least)
Newcastle yeeting teammates
Newcastle ult sound across the map bug
General audio issues
Xbox chat
Lag/packet loss spikes more often than ever for many

... They have a lot of work cut out for them and I know I'm missing some. No build fortnite ain't got these many problems so I'm there for now but it's not as fun to play as apex when apex works.

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I'm playing more this season than I have in many seasons but it's not to say I'm having an amazing time. I have given up on ranked in Gold 3 as while the playstyle fits me better, the punishment is far too severe to keep playing. Pubs now comes down to possible 1 minute matches and seeing whether or not my random teammates can survive for more than 60 seconds or not. I'd say 3 out of 5 tries they're both down and disconnected within the first 60 seconds and I just leave and come back again. Out of those 5 games, there is 1 or 2 games with a 3-stack 20 kill 4k badge as the champion. I am just trying to get 2 kills or more a game before giving up.

Edit: I have a strategy question for you all. You are playing pubs and a teammate or two of yours go down. You get their banner(s). Do you stay and continue fighting or do you immediately get out of dodge and find a respawn beacon? What about in a scenario where you up against a full team, one teammate is down and gone and you get their banner. Do you stay and fight the 3-stack or do you ping the beacon and get out and rez the teammate in hopes of reengaging later?

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
my game isn't syncing on ps5 and its giving me the starter badge constantly

anyone have any fixes for this?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing more this season than I have in many seasons but it's not to say I'm having an amazing time. I have given up on ranked in Gold 3 as while the playstyle fits me better, the punishment is far too severe to keep playing. Pubs now comes down to possible 1 minute matches and seeing whether or not my random teammates can survive for more than 60 seconds or not. I'd say 3 out of 5 tries they're both down and disconnected within the first 60 seconds and I just leave and come back again. Out of those 5 games, there is 1 or 2 games with a 3-stack 20 kill 4k badge as the champion. I am just trying to get 2 kills or more a game before giving up.

Edit: I have a strategy question for you all. You are playing pubs and a teammate or two of yours go down. You get their banner(s). Do you stay and continue fighting or do you immediately get out of dodge and find a respawn beacon? What about in a scenario where you up against a full team, one teammate is down and gone and you get their banner. Do you stay and fight the 3-stack or do you ping the beacon and get out and rez the teammate in hopes of reengaging later?

If they go down legit and not because of a hotdrop and haven't disconnected, I'll try to recover them. Half my wins in pub this season I've had one or both guys down and I've managed to hide somewhere near to recover them after the team moves on from looting them.

There was one time this season they camped the boxes but I was octane and managed to get close enough to recover and gtfo. Respawned my guys the other side of the map lol

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
this lag bug bullshit is getting ridiculous. It's actually 50% of my games now. I have to disconnect and reconnect, hoping that i don't die in the 1 minute it takes for the dumb splash screens and loading bullshit.

Sort your fucking billion dollar game out ffs.

cool cool device hung in the middle of a fight.

[edit]lag bug in 75% of my games tonight. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to game pros about how things should be done is like listening to rich tories telling the common man he needs 2 jobs and should work harder to pay his rent.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Between all the diamonds/master/preds in my lobbies and people that keep hot dropping. Ranked is just not fun anymore.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I never take a 1v3 unless there's no reasonable chance of escaping or they have 1 or 2 people downed. The odds of winning an outnumbered fight are usually so low in this game to begin with the better chance of survival is to retreat, revive, and recover.