• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I am used to sweaty none rank games, DUOS has been sweaty from the first day I started playing,, last night won and lost a game against master team, they beat us the previous game, when they announced champion they were in our server again, lost to them on 3rd party and beat them on 3rd party, so we even hahahaha..

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex Mobile is fun but goddamn it's so janky. So many frustrating deaths because the button didn't register or my guy decided to do an action I didn't want to do. Not to mention so many players solo and leave the team. And there's some random stutters too which doesn't help in fights cause shots don't register either.

I'm playing on an iPad Pro

CAR's great. Don't need to stick to getting a specific extended mag and the DPS is great. Not to mention the recoil is pretty easy to control too.

Makes the Volt stuck in the care package more bearable.

Yep. It's incredible. The problem is that Timmy just said the CAR is the best gun in the game which means Respawn will eventually needlessly nerf it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I've found some great success with the Wingman/RE-45 with hammerpoint lately. Absolutely shreds mid & close range.

This combo is sooo good. I'm not really good at this game, but I gotta not really stealth brag, learning to land long distance shots with the wingman is a game changer. I am practicing more and more doing this, and it really changes how you play with these two pistols. Downing an enemy from far with the wingman, or breaking their shields, then doing a quick push while they panic, is *chef kiss*

Anyway, something I'm hating about ranked right now is the ammount of players who think that pushing a team uphill is a good idea. People never learnt from Anakin?? You gotta have the high ground!!!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
This combo is sooo good. I'm not really good at this game, but I gotta not really stealth brag, learning to land long distance shots with the wingman is a game changer. I am practicing more and more doing this, and it really changes how you play with these two pistols. Downing an enemy from far with the wingman, or breaking their shields, then doing a quick push while they panic, is *chef kiss*

Anyway, something I'm hating about ranked right now is the ammount of players who think that pushing a team uphill is a good idea. People never learnt from Anakin?? You gotta have the high ground!!!

This map punishes people very hard for bad positioning. Literally an uphill battle if the circle ends in the north end of the map and even if they have a million ways to zip up there and Valk ults, it's still really hard in those last few circles with 9 teams.

Storm Point has moved right behind Kings Canyon as my number 2 favorite map out of the all of the maps at this point. And I think it has most room for improvement in terms of adding more POI's and ways to alter and improve it. It's not an easy map to navigate but I'm just having alot more fun than on Olympus or WE.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018

Exactly. I had a person in my trio that was a god with the sniper and either they would break the shields and I would clean up with Wingman or vice versa. Just too much synergy.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Car would be a phenomenally good gun even if it was restricted to one ammo type and attachments. The fact that you can put a light or heavy mag on it and either kind of ammo is just ridiculous. Too much all round utility.

It is the Valkyrie of guns lol.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
having to wait for SHYTEPOINT to come out of pub rotation before i can play. Horrid fucking map.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
The Havoc hit differently today:

I think Cascade Falls might be the new Skull Town, because when we left the party was still going:

Also won a nasty 1v2. They should have kicked in the same door:

It's only a silver lobby, but I must say, the quality of the opponents has risen dramatically compared to earlier seasons. Silver now is like platinum before the ranked changes. They will get no complaints from me though. I am having a blast currently.

Last edited:

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Does anyone here play Watson? Trying to play different legends as the game gets a bit stale otherwise and I think her kit is pretty decent. Are there any good tips for her?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
To combat the trash sound in this game, starting using Seer, no one has sneaked up on me since, and won 10 games of Duos in the last 2 days...Seer is my main now..

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Car would be a phenomenally good gun even if it was restricted to one ammo type and attachments. The fact that you can put a light or heavy mag on it and either kind of ammo is just ridiculous. Too much all round utility.

It is the Valkyrie of guns lol.

It's so good that I'm dying to log back on tomorrow just to play again with the CAR. My biggest challenge in Apex has always been my close quarters fights. Not anymore. This gun changes all of that and actually flips it so CQ fights are my strongest fights.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
CAR is a great gun and my favourite SMG but every game I find myself just using the Flatline and Triple Take.

Flatline is fantastic both up close and mid range, TT does a great job poking long distance and as a back up shot gun to finish people off.

I keep telling myself to use an SMG to finish my challenges off but I keep going back to the usual load out.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah been loving flatline. 301 being in crafting is great but most of the time I don't take an alt/light gun with attachments so I'm not gonna run a naked 301. Flatline manages to hit the same notes while being it's own thing and it's very easy to run dual heavy flatline/spitfire every game.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I have this bug in apex that I've experienced lately where the game will flash every now and then. I've slowed down the video and captured what is actually happening.

https://youtu.be/PIKePpXw80o

You have to watch the video on youtube to see it. It's too fast and for some reason gets missed in the embeded previews (maybe they run at a lower framerate?)

But this is what is happening... it's rendering a frame that's like, 100 feet under the floor.

1Z2rQIY.png

Like, what the fuck? That's some one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I wonder if my model was teleporting away for a frame or just the camera.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what did the update yesterday do? I still have the microstutter and flashing in most games..ugh

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I saw the game patched yesterday and the stuttering and white flashes still there on PS5. Are you kidding me reaspawn?

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I don't use the CAR much but after you all mentioned it I took it for a spin last night. There is no recoil. It's like using the R-99 if I could aim.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Stuttering and white flashes are still there. And the patch added severe rubberbanding for me. Only time it doesn't happen is if I queue solo/no teammates.
Also everyone stop talking about how good CAR is or they'll nerf it into oblivion.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Let's talk about everyone's favorite pain in the ass character - Valk. :)

I think she's in dire need of atleast one serious tweak to her kit. The biggest thing - Respawn needs to do away with her ability to track enemies with her ult. I can see it being a cool passive for the first drop only but not for her ultimate. Giving her the ability to scan is overkill with a kit that is already borderline OP. It's also just flat out not fair to players in the new ranked system who are ratting to the last circles - which is becoming commonplace since people don't want to take the RP hit in this new system if their teammates go down in a fight.

At the very least they need to start by making her ult on a timer that's closer to Lifeline's or Gibby's. It's simply too powerful to just give every 120 seconds - that's the length of time it takes for a round to close.

Either keep the ult the same timer and remove the scanning or lengthen the ult timer to 450 seconds so she really has to be strategic with it.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

I think she's in dire need of atleast one serious tweak to her kit. The biggest thing - Respawn needs to do away with her ability to track enemies with her ult. I can see it being a cool passive for the first drop only but not for her ultimate. Giving her the ability to scan is overkill with a kit that is already borderline OP. It's also just flat out not fair to players in the new ranked system who are ratting to the last circles - which is becoming commonplace since people don't want to take the RP hit in this new system if their teammates go down in a fight.

At the very least they need to start by making her ult on a timer that's closer to Lifeline's or Gibby's. It's simply too powerful to just give every 120 seconds - that's the length of time it takes for a round to close.

Either keep the ult the same timer and remove the scanning or lengthen the ult timer to 450 seconds so she really has to be strategic with it.

I don't think they can be selective with when features work, such as having her tracker be present on initial drop but for some reason not work on subsequent flights. So yeah, maybe giving her a longer cooldown or even making her tracker only pick up on individuals who are moving may be a way to nerf it.

I know at the Sweden comp, a few people were already talking about how OP her ult already was due its ability to get you out of bad positions fairly easily. I don't feel personally feel strongly one way or another about Valk because I'm usually not playing at a level where she's any more of a threat to me than anyone else, but I can see a case being made for her needing a nerf for sure.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think they can be selective with when features work, such as having her tracker be present on initial drop but for some reason not work on subsequent flights. So yeah, maybe giving her a longer cooldown or even making her tracker only pick up on individuals who are moving may be a way to nerf it.

I know at the Sweden comp, a few people were already talking about how OP her ult already was due its ability to get you out of bad positions fairly easily. I don't feel personally feel strongly one way or another about Valk because I'm usually not playing at a level where she's any more of a threat to me than anyone else, but I can see a case being made for her needing a nerf for sure.

Since I only play ranked - especially on Storm Point she has become essential on teams and she's literally everywhere. So if you manage to survive alone in a fight and are in the last circles, she can and will find you and now you're all of a sudden in a 1v3 with a team that was halfway across the map 10 seconds before. It's really too much. It's such a thing that I'm now contemplating switching to her just to keep up with her advantage. Not exactly a good look for hero balancing!

I actually like your idea - she can't track if you're not moving. That will help a ton.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Since I only play ranked - especially on Storm Point she has become essential on teams and she's literally everywhere. So if you manage to survive alone in a fight and are in the last circles, she can and will find you and now you're all of a sudden in a 1v3 with a team that was halfway across the map 10 seconds before. It's really too much. It's such a thing that I'm now contemplating switching to her just to keep up with her advantage. Not exactly a good look for hero balancing!

I actually like your idea - she can't track if you're not moving. That will help a ton.

I can totally see your concerns regarding her, especially in ranked play. Watching that Sweden comp, there were a few final zones where you'd see nothing but multiple teams of Valk ulting into the air. Visually, it looked cool, but definitely suggested that she's too OP, haha.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I think she needs some pretty significant nerfs along with Gibraltar though he needs less. She's the perfect example of an ability legend outdoing gunplay and is more overwatch than apex imo. Want her to keep her identity but I think she needs some big changes:

- passive fuel cut in half. Why should she fly, honestly? If it's going to be in there, it shouldn't be the get out of jail free card it is in cqc for as long as it is.
- ult shouldn't scan you if you're staying still. Isn't that how actual radar works?
- it's 1a tied with Gibby for best ult in the game. Yet somehow it's 70% of the charge time of lifeline's underwhelming af ult. Add 60 to 90 to it.

Even after all this, she'll still be top tier. It's the kit, not the cooldowns but this will make her less of an Akuma.

You have to pick her on Storm point on top of all of this still. They should add balloons or better cannons to the map but I digress. I've really soured on SP as Valk has become ubiquitous.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
first game of the night, full mag noreg on a Horizon and an arc star that bounced off a Valk instead of sticking to her.

Second, only me in the squad..

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Game is in a terrible place for me right now. I am maxed out in Gold III in ranked and pubs is absolute nightmare. The game is fun in ranked but there is nowhere to go from here for me. The game in pubs is just no strategy all 1v3 gun fights. No rotations, no plans, just chaos.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah... think I'm gonna take a break from Apex. Ranked is fine, but I'm tired of Storm Point. And pubs is the sweatiest it's ever been for me since I first started playing the game. I know that a degree of volatility is baked into battle royales, but this season is non-stop quick deaths when it comes to pubs, exacerbated by teammates that land in nothing but hot zones.

It genuinely feels like the first time since I started playing this that the game's matchmaking is putting me in the wrong lobbies. Or maybe I've just gotten significantly worse compared to all my previous seasons, who knows.

Played with a friend yesterday, which was fun. We didn't really do any better than when I solo queue - which is generally how I like playing - but at least the conversation made the experience more fun. Short of playing when he's on, I may sit the rest of the season out.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Game is in a terrible place for me right now. I am maxed out in Gold III in ranked and pubs is absolute nightmare. The game is fun in ranked but there is nowhere to go from here for me. The game in pubs is just no strategy all 1v3 gun fights. No rotations, no plans, just chaos.

Im exactly in the same spot. Gold 3 and just crawling up to Gold 2 as if I was playing in Plat 2 from previous seasons with the old system. Games are incredibly hard and everyone can beam. Also, as huge as this map is - I still can't find a single place to land uncontested. And if I do manage to do it there's two teams about 150 yards in either direction and we get pinched all the time.

Respawn has to tweak the RP curve. There's no way people will keep coming back to this mode if they have to play every game like it's an ALGS match.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly I think she needs some pretty significant nerfs along with Gibraltar though he needs less. She's the perfect example of an ability legend outdoing gunplay and is more overwatch than apex imo. Want her to keep her identity but I think she needs some big changes:

- passive fuel cut in half. Why should she fly, honestly? If it's going to be in there, it shouldn't be the get out of jail free card it is in cqc for as long as it is.
- ult shouldn't scan you if you're staying still. Isn't that how actual radar works?
- it's 1a tied with Gibby for best ult in the game. Yet somehow it's 70% of the charge time of lifeline's underwhelming af ult. Add 60 to 90 to it.

Even after all this, she'll still be top tier. It's the kit, not the cooldowns but this will make her less of an Akuma.

You have to pick her on Storm point on top of all of this still. They should add balloons or better cannons to the map but I digress. I've really soured on SP as Valk has become ubiquitous.

Yep. Storm Point is a frustrating map to play on for some obvious reasons that are built into the map (fuck you prowler dens btw) but Valks everywhere double the frustration. She's the king of the map and just not fun to play against.

If Respawn tweaked her kit and removed scanning entirely I'd be curious if it helped with people enjoying this map more. Might be small but I bet it'd help with the later circles.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Between the ranked changes and the buffs she has received, I feel like Rampart is almost becoming meta. Keep running into so many teams that have Rampart in there. And the few times we get a Rampart third in our team, we tend to do really well. She pairs very nicely with Caustic in holding down areas in late game circles.

Yep. Storm Point is a frustrating map to play on for some obvious reasons that are built into the map (fuck you prowler dens btw) but Valks everywhere double the frustration. She's the king of the map and just not fun to play against.

If Respawn tweaked her kit and removed scanning entirely I'd be curious if it helped with people enjoying this map more. Might be small but I bet it'd help with the later circles.

Even as a Valk main, I agree. She is very overtuned at the moment. I dont want them to completely wreck the character to rebalance her but I feel like some pullbacks are needed. Reduce her Jetpack fuel by 25% and increase her Ult charge time by 30% and she would be in a better spot. I would also take away her beacon scan (mostly cause I want teams in ALGS and comp to run a beacon scan legend and not get it for free via Valk which they are gonna pick anyway).

Cause, right now, if your team doesnt have a Valk in ranked, you are at a serious disadvantage.

But since the next heirloom is supposed to be a Valk heirloom, I dont think you will see her being nerfed until well after that drops.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I honestly think her Jetpack fuel is fine as is, and I'm not even a Valkyrie main. What they screwed up with was giving her the ability to scan while flying. That should have never been a part of her kit IMO.

Either take it out or significantly increase the cooldown of her ult like others have suggested.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Her scanning abilities need to go away completely. That's all I'm really asking for. She should be a high mobility character only.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Got two pubs then three ranked wins last night. I got lucky teaming up with pairs that weren't complete assholes playing on their own. Very fun matches. When this game gives you one of those days, it's a so fucking great game

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Her scanning abilities need to go away completely. That's all I'm really asking for. She should be a high mobility character only.

Her scan (when she is flying down) going away would actually make things way worse. Right now when you Valk redeploy, you try to land on a safe spot. The scan helps you do that.

Remove that and so many Valk squads would land on teams that are holding a spot leading to unintentional fights, leading to clusterfuck third parties.

Imagine a Valk squad landing on you while you were holding a safe building because they couldnt scan you. You kill them but one of you gets downed in the fight. A third party immediately pushes you and you die. All because you ended up taking a fight that neither you or the other team wanted.

The scan is the reason players go outside and "show presence" when they hear a Valk ult. So that they dont get unintentionally greifed. You see it all the time in pro games as well.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Her scan (when she is flying down) going away would actually make things way worse. Right now when you Valk redeploy, you try to land on a safe spot. The scan helps you do that.

Remove that and so many Valk squads would land on teams that are holding a spot leading to unintentional fights, leading to clusterfuck third parties.

Imagine a Valk squad landing on you while you were holding a safe building because they couldnt scan you. You kill them but one of you gets downed in the fight. A third party immediately pushes you and you die. All because you ended up taking a fight that neither you or the other team wanted.

The scan is the reason players go outside and "show presence" when they hear a Valk ult. So that they dont get unintentionally greifed. You see it all the time in pro games as well.

I actually feel like the redeploy is being used mainly for attacking rats and 2 man teams - especially in late circle. There are redeploys where's it just to reposition to safety but that's early game. I don't know what the answer is but she's just unstoppable right now.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
My experience is usually the opposite. In the early rings when there is a lot of space open, teams will Valk ult to pick fights and look for solos and duos. But Ring 3 onwards, every Valk ult is usually defensive in nature to get to a better spot in the ring. Especially with how crowded and third party conducive late game rings are nowadays.

Either way, I hope the scan doesnt go away. I think it would cause more problems than it would solve.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Between the ranked changes and the buffs she has received, I feel like Rampart is almost becoming meta. Keep running into so many teams that have Rampart in there. And the few times we get a Rampart third in our team, we tend to do really well. She pairs very nicely with Caustic in holding down areas in late game circles.
As a Rampart semi-main, she is so much stronger now. Her walls are intense and you can set them up under fire. And of course the spin-up buff makes a huge difference, Sheila is waaaaay more viable now.

And even though all the LMGs got nerfed, having the Spitfire back in her hands is just nutty.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else often getting connection timed outs after the last update? This is infuriating.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

One of my favourite wins was with a rampart and a Watson. I was caustic. Last circle closed on our building. We could afk and win lol