• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Also I'm not sure how or why but the door was suddenly closed too. I would have padded through it, slid down and tried to get a battery as I ran away if I could. Not a chance with the door closed.
They likely closed it while standing on top after watching you guys come through. Could be your Wraith closed it behind themself after coming through too.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
I have a couple of wins, now to wait out a few days until storm point stops being the map all the time, I just don't like the map.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
As a solo que player, it now takes longer to climb per season. I wish they would speed up how fast circles close in on you to compensate. Selfish change I know.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
As a solo que player, it now takes longer to climb per season. I wish they would speed up how fast circles close in on you to compensate. Selfish change I know.

Yeah the game is in a constant state of revisions so my guess is that this could happen at some point if they look at the data. I think they'll make adjustments accordingly and find the right balance.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
For the first 2 days didn't run into hackers, today 4 games in a row lol...guess they feeling safe to bring out the hackers..

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The Sheila spin-up buff is such a gamechanger, makes it soooo much more viable. I'm getting knocks left and right with it now.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
The Sheila spin-up buff is such a gamechanger, makes it soooo much more viable. I'm getting knocks left and right with it now.
I literally knocked an entire team with it while ratting in a corner after my teammates got wiped.

It's really almost too good now...extremely dangerous in even rookie hands like mine.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I literally knocked an entire team with it while ratting in a corner after my teammates got wiped.

It's really almost too good now...extremely dangerous in even rookie hands like mine.
Agreed, I'm doing good with it which must mean it's OP, I assume it will get a damage or spread nerf, which if fine by me as long as they keep the new spin time.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
ranked has really brought out the worst in people. I got told i was griefing not dropping hot and dying asap like the other 2 morons, called the hard R, a muslim etc. Like dickheads you're bronze 4.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
the last four matches, my team and i walked around for 15 minutes until there was like 5 teams left and then it was just 3rd party central.

i truly despise this god damn map. there is so much empty wasted space, it makes no sense.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Why the fuck is the sound in this game so awful...
Just lost to a game because the 3rd party player is walking through walking and making no sound hahahahahaha Respawn FIX YOUR SHIT..

and for those who don't think there's sound problems watch this..

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to remove friends in game on Steam yet? the lobby always starts to lag like hell after like, 5 games.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
ranked has really brought out the worst in people. I got told i was griefing not dropping hot and dying asap like the other 2 morons, called the hard R, a muslim etc. Like dickheads you're bronze 4.
I think ranked is going to be rougher than ever this season for us solo-Qers. I don't think I have it in me. It takes so long to get out of bronze/silver with everyone hot dropping and not understanding the new RP system.

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I had such a fun and pleasant trip out of Bronze and then instantly just cancerous games nonstop as soon as I hit silver. Back to pubs.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I had such a fun and pleasant trip out of Bronze and then instantly just cancerous games nonstop as soon as I hit silver. Back to pubs.

Weird. I have had (for Apex anyway) great teammates so far in Silver. Some dumb pushes but by and large they are playing smarter than I expected.

One down side of people trying to avoid contests is drops become completely chaotic. Sometimes we will drop on a spot that two other teams will also drop on. Then, since no one wants to contest, all three teams get the same idea and end up swerving off to a neighboring spot 200m away. So now the neighboring spot has 3 teams landing lmao.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Opposite for me. Bronze was hell. Silver less so.

I just think the community as a whole trends towards being shytes

This is the way it should be, in theory. Higher you go the better the matches. Maybe I just got lucky in Bronze and was paired up with other Plat players who were starting the season verses actual Bronze players that are there because they are bad at the game.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I like the new scoring system in ranked but if it's going to take double the time for most people to climb back to their previous rank then they should tweak the starting point and not drop the rank so far down at the beginning of the season. If I'm a Plat player I should not have to go through Bronze, Silver and Gold to get back. It's way too much of a grind. Drop players back one full rank would be better.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
The amount of bugs this season have is unreal. Servers are garbage, no hit registration, and plenty more frustrating shit

I won't even talk about the audio cause I gave up at this point

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Just a single enemy squad left and the game decided to crash on me. Yeah... I'm gonna wait for a week until it stables a bit.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new scoring system in ranked but if it's going to take double the time for most people to climb back to their previous rank then they should tweak the starting point and not drop the rank so far down at the beginning of the season. If I'm a Plat player I should not have to go through Bronze, Silver and Gold to get back. It's way too much of a grind. Drop players back one full rank would be better.

Yeh no way I'm hitting plat this season. I don't play anywhere near enough to get the rp. As long as the general quality of the games improve, I don't mind where I fall, but this shit feels so geared towards streamers who 3 stack and have infinite time for videogames

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeh no way I'm hitting plat this season. I don't play anywhere near enough to get the rp. As long as the general quality of the games improve, I don't mind where I fall, but this shit feels so geared towards streamers who 3 stack and have infinite time for videogames

Me too. Just not enough time. Last season I couldn't even finish the BP. But like you said, if I end up in Gold 2 and the games are fun then so be it.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Got demoted to Silver. I'm not saying I'm without blame, but goddamn do I hate teammates that just push fights for no reason.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
+300RP over 2 games, but I couldn't stomach anymore Shyte Point so quit for the night. Really looking forward to pub rotations next week so I can minimise my time on this map.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
People can be really questionable in this game. I decided just to play ranked and stick it out and the terrible pushes are killing me. We take down a caustic on the ground level in central command where those four ziplines run up. A wattson and a rampart are upstairs and they've completely blocked off the ziplines with fences and you can hear shiela. The two randoms go up the zipline and are instantly melted. Then they ping their banners for a minute straight. Next game at storm catcher and there is a team on the outside of the zipline that runs to/from the little building on the east and the main one. One teammate yolos on the zipline right at them, gets downed by a sniper while on the line, then the other teammate goes for a zip and meets the same fate. There are 18 squads left. Why are they even thinking about taking these fights?

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Dude, I don't know what the hell is going on this season. Pubs takes forever to get 60 people. Ranked loads faster, but all my teams are landing in areas where they clearly see other people landing and 85% of the time we end up dying. I feel weirdly dispirited this season.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
OT - Season 13: Saviors - "Yes, Newcastle, we know it's not the one on your back"

God, why does he repeats it everytime he recharges his shield

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Newcastle's personality in general just seems very meh to me right now. It's not an issue with his voice acting, but the writing itself. At least from what I've heard in my games with him. He feels less defined to me so far in his writing than any other legend.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
People can be really questionable in this game. I decided just to play ranked and stick it out and the terrible pushes are killing me. We take down a caustic on the ground level in central command where those four ziplines run up. A wattson and a rampart are upstairs and they've completely blocked off the ziplines with fences and you can hear shiela. The two randoms go up the zipline and are instantly melted. Then they ping their banners for a minute straight. Next game at storm catcher and there is a team on the outside of the zipline that runs to/from the little building on the east and the main one. One teammate yolos on the zipline right at them, gets downed by a sniper while on the line, then the other teammate goes for a zip and meets the same fate. There are 18 squads left. Why are they even thinking about taking these fights?

Not trying to blame kids but it's probably a young kid playing the game and doesn't really care. Atleast that's my experience this season. When I get adults who are communicating this kind of stuff never happens. The other day I dropped with two 11 year old kids and they put us right where 6 other squads had dropped. I noped out of there immediately, they died instantly and then were spam messaging me that I was selfish.

There's really not much you can do but try to climb high enough where you'll get more serious players.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Just ordered a 3060 ti, now I just need to find a new monitor and I can leave my 60 fps Apex life behind.

Nice! I recently came back to the game with a newer computer and it really makes a big difference. I was sub 60 frames before, though… I'm not sure how I played for so long with that performance honestly.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Not trying to blame kids but it's probably a young kid playing the game and doesn't really care. Atleast that's my experience this season. When I get adults who are communicating this kind of stuff never happens. The other day I dropped with two 11 year old kids and they put us right where 6 other squads had dropped. I noped out of there immediately, they died instantly and then were spam messaging me that I was selfish.

There's really not much you can do but try to climb high enough where you'll get more serious players.

That is my strat so far, survive and not lose RP until I can get a normal squad and pick up ~200 rp with a good game. So far, so good.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Just ordered a 3060 ti, now I just need to find a new monitor and I can leave my 60 fps Apex life behind.
My friend had same card, game runs easily at 1440p over 144hz, think he's running close to max settings..

I waited so long for a 30xx series card and they finally available, but pricing bit too much, if i am going to pay that much might as well wait a bit longer for 40xx series..

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the mobile-exclusive legends may be canon? I think? It sounds like Respawn is somewhat involved with the mobile game (although it's still developed externally from what I can tell).
dotesports.com

Apex Mobile ‘not looking to rewrite any lore,’ will focus on the stories that shape the world

The Mobile team is doubling down on how the Syndicate continues to manipulate the Games.

As if I didn't have to look in enough different places for lore (load screens, real world comics, in-game comics, trailers, tweets, books, etc). Now I have to keep tabs on the mobile game??? lol

www.ea.com

Apex Legends Mobile Prime Time Patch Notes

The wait is over legends. Welcome to Apex Legends Mobile.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
New Legend Fade looks great for Mobile, rewind time and sneak up on people chasing you, now that's my kinda of Legend..

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I dunno if I'm just especially bad this season, the players are especially good (maybe more ranked players no longer playing ranked?), or I'm just especially bad on Storm Point.