• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Got killed by 6-9 losers cheating at the edge of the map. Farming RP and 20 bombs with Wattson while teaming.

We rocked up without really thinking it through properly in our heads. Most fights are 3 vs 3s so you don't really stop to consider the fact that some fights might be 3 vs or 3 vs 6.

Couldn't really tell how many people were actually teaming and cheating, I think it was just 6 and then another team got involved who weren't cheating. But in any case, it got mad pretty quickly.

I'll post the clip up in a bit, and I'll try and report it to Hideouts to see if he'll do anything. The idiot that killed me forgot to put streamer mode on so his name isn't censored at least, maybe his team is identifiable too. I don't know how it works.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Up to Plat I and a half....about 300 RP to go. Either the competition is worse or I'm improving. Never been this high.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Got killed by 6-9 losers cheating at the edge of the map. Farming RP and 20 bombs with Wattson while teaming.

We rocked up without really thinking it through properly in our heads. Most fights are 3 vs 3s so you don't really stop to consider the fact that some fights might be 3 vs or 3 vs 6.

Couldn't really tell how many people were actually teaming and cheating, I think it was just 6 and then another team got involved who weren't cheating. But in any case, it got mad pretty quickly.

I'll post the clip up in a bit, and I'll try and report it to Hideouts to see if he'll do anything. The idiot that killed me forgot to put streamer mode on so his name isn't censored at least, maybe his team is identifiable too. I don't know how it works.

Damn man. That's nuts. Definitely post a clip. BTW - I wasn't able to get on yesterday. Was working in the backyard and then had date night with my wife. Will be on at some point today.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Holy fucking hell!

T8St6vY.jpg

Now, do I go back to being a Gibby main or wait for a Valk Heirloom lol.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I'm playing a decent amount of ranked for the first time in forever. Wow, people just continue to drop in Estates like it's pubs, don't they?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's the video of the cheaters by the way.

Nevermind our decision making here, it's hard to make the right decisions when there's such an unnatural number of people fighting while allied together in a single space. The other team pushing up from behind really killed any hopes we had of engaging them because they make the roof top unsafe.

You can't hear my allied team mate communicating in the video, but when he goes down he says he's killed by a Wattson. He doesn't mention the Lobo or Crypto with her.

In this sequence, every team with a Wattson is cheating. They use Wattson to deal damage and kill other players without using ammunition. I think that there are two or three teams cheating in the poi itself, and then there's us and a 3rd or 4th team that rock up from behind.

If you want further proof, at the very start of the video you can see people dying in the feed from 'perimeter security'. People don't commonly die from Watson fences, let alone multiple people. They're walking into them deliberately to farm kills and RP.

After we died our team mate ran away and we could see them continuously doing it, over and over again. They seemed to be shooting far beyond the RP caps. perhaps also farming damage and kills for badges at the same time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm playing a decent amount of ranked for the first time in forever. Wow, people just continue to drop in Estates like it's pubs, don't they?

In Gold and below, yes. I think because the negative RP is so low they figure they can land, maybe get a kill or not and there's not much penalty. In Platinum I see people drop there but not as much as the other lower ranks.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I was playing ranked in PC lobbies today.

So this is why PC players complain about aim assist.

Not that I think the complaints are altogether valid, but it wasn't uncommon that I'd one-clip someone up close with a r301 or such and they'd really struggle to land their shots, even in diamond+.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Today I gained 200+ RP over 3 games thanks to GungJoe hard carrying. 🙏 At one point when we were sandwiched between two teams Joe had a plan for all of us to go through the phase runner to get out of the circle….Except I spazzed and went in the wrong direction while they went the other way. 🤣I then tried circling back to go the right way and when I came back out in that middle area by Hammond Labs one of the enemy teams was camping and nearly killed me. Had to immediately go BACK in the wrong direction again into the storm. Barely made it out that one but it was a good laugh. Had a fun time and learned a lot playing with Joe. Thanks again man!

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Whoa, epic content leak of massive proportions just dropped. There is so much stuff in there, years of legends and abilities, next heirloom, new weapons, arenas maps and perhaps the next map as well.

Possible new map?
Screenshot-20220322-115920.png

Last edited:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Whoa, epic content leak of massive proportions just dropped. There is so much stuff in there, years of legends and abilities, next heirloom, new weapons, arenas maps and perhaps the next map as well.

Possible new map?
Screenshot-20220322-115920.png
Took a look at the leak reddit, and WOW thats allot of info.
Its good to see they are focusing on Support and Defensive Legends, shame I'll have to wait at least another two seasons for Loba heirloom, and its nice to see Bang's lvl 3 skin is a Pilot outfit.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Took a look at the leak reddit, and WOW thats allot of info.
Its good to see they are focusing on Support and Defensive Legends, shame I'll have to wait at least another two seasons for Loba heirloom, and its nice to see Bang's lvl 3 skin is a Pilot outfit.
Can you link? I can't seem to find it on reddit or twitter.

Edit: Nevermind, found it!

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
There is so much in that leak it's wild. I'm very curious if the thing they're doing to KC is permanent or for an event because it could either completely ruin or make it the best map by far if it works.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
r2eincavtyo81.jpg

You can see a new walled version of Skulltown in the distance. They say it is for BR.

I suppose the walls are just there to replace the cliffs from before. Because this is a deliberately reconstructed skulltown and so the cliffsides that were destroyed can't narratively just reappear. So they're replaced with man made structures.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays because to an extent part of skull town also involved playing on top of those rocks and the bones, all of which appear missing here. Even in the arenas map the bones above often played a big part in how fights played out.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
that is a veritable SHIT ton of leaks. 2 years and change's worth, so I expect a lot to change but sheesh. Kinda feel bad for the devs a bit given this isn't how they wanted it, but I do suppose the excitement will also work for them somewhat too. Doesn't balance out for sure or make it right.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Good lord what a leak. Now I need to find a better internet solution, was forced to get a new router but it's not as solid as my last one. Won a game today but I hate it'll lag a bit on occasion.

Random but does it seem like randoms mostly don't even hold forward when falling anymore? Keep getting people who I end up leaving and diving down past.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I wonder how far out the new map is. It looks to be still in early development.

I honestly would have preferred them working on getting more LTM's regularly rather than more characters and maps. I feel like the game is good enough to not feel stale for a couple of seasons AT LEAST without maps/legends. Especially with the Stormpoint changes and hopefully some legend reworks.

That crypto heirloom looks so fucking good though, holy shit. I wish I mained crypto.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really bummed that I didn't catch this clip so I'ma describe it to you all.

I beam a wraith for 150 damage.
I push her.
I shout
"She's about to do the Wraith thing!!!"
I'm referring to her phase. She's hurt and alone, so she's logically going to phase away.
I round the corner.
POOF
Wraith disappears, and transforms into a death box.
At this point, my team mate and I just burst out laughing.

Needless to say, she did the Wraith thing.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited about the leaks but at the same time I feel bad for the devs, that's definitely like at least a year and a half year's worth of content or something?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Something to consider also is that previously the developers placed Forge in the game with awareness that he would be leaked and that they could use that to bait and switch that character out, it's quite possible that some of this stuff is intentionally there to misdirect people with some awareness that there would be leaks in the future. That coupled with the fact that the characters are still in early development makes the information on characters a little meaningless. They're likely to change, they might not ever make it to the game, or they might be present to mislead you. It's hard to make any real commentary on the character specific leaks.

Meanwhile leaks regarding map adjustments and Crypto's heirloom are more concrete and look pretty cool.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, the only thing about new Apex seasons that gets me hyped is the hope we might actually see a proper TDM mode. After that would be getting a new map which is always exciting. Legends are always hit or miss with me.

It sucks that this leak happened though.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't fancy team death match, but I'd accept kill confirmed if they developed a good respawn system for it to work (doubt).

I think my dream scenario would be a 'big team battle' playlist where they pick a load of mostly-symmetrical maps from the battle royale maps and then re-use those as arenas for a variety of modes. For instance take the hammond labs map we recently had in Control (see this video if you're unfamiliar).

I think that could work for a variety of modes including headquarters, control, capture the flag and possibly kill confirmed. You could put them into a single playlist and I think that'd be a pretty good time.

There are two reasons I'm not especially interested in straight up team death match. The first is that I don't think games with an extremely high time to kill play well without an incentive to move around. The second is that without an victory condition that requires players move to a particular area of the map, the fixed spawn area system will just result in the successful team spawn trapping the other team, every time. So in order for Respawn to get team death match to work, they would need to develop a respawning system that could reliably spawn players safely. Having them simply fly in wouldn't work as it would easily become frustrating to have multiple players fly directly into you and it would be easily abused (e.g. just look down and look at gunfire, land next to enemy that's already being shot at by team mates).

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't fancy team death match, but I'd accept kill confirmed if they developed a good respawn system for it to work (doubt).

I think my dream scenario would be a 'big team battle' playlist where they pick a load of mostly-symmetrical maps from the battle royale maps and then re-use those as arenas for a variety of modes. For instance take the hammond labs map we recently had in Control (see this video if you're unfamiliar).

I think that could work for a variety of modes including headquarters, control, capture the flag and possibly kill confirmed. You could put them into a single playlist and I think that'd be a pretty good time.

There are two reasons I'm not especially interested in straight up team death match. The first is that I don't think games with an extremely high time to kill play well without an incentive to move around. The second is that without an victory condition that requires players move to a particular area of the map, the fixed spawn area system will just result in the successful team spawn trapping the other team, every time. So in order for Respawn to get team death match to work, they would need to develop a respawning system that could reliably spawn players safely. Having them simply fly in wouldn't work as it would easily become frustrating to have multiple players fly directly into you and it would be easily abused (e.g. just look down and look at gunfire, land next to enemy that's already being shot at by team mates).

I would not have a problem with Kill Confirmed. In a way, the idea of downing an enemy and having to finish them the same way you do in BR is kind of that without the extra step of going to pick up a banner or flag to get the score so the mechanic could be easy to implement. Literally collect the banner to get the kill.

At the end of the day, I'm sure Respawn has tried mocking up some traditional TDM variants in the office and the problems you mention are what's probably prohibiting if from being released. But I've seen them get creative in Titanfall with Pilot vs Pilot (which I really didn't like at all but many people did) and I'm sure they could figure it out even with the respawning....They have the maps in Arenas. They just need to tweak the rule set same way that Halo does.

BTW Joe - I played some ranked yesterday for a bit and only dropped at the Grow Towers that you had pointed out. That simple change ended up netting me another 300 RP yesterday. Won 1 game and got few second places. My problem in the past few weeks has been dropping at Bonzai or Oasis and getting into bad fights there - one teammate pushes too fast, etc and then the domino effect. Grow Towers has good loot and goes mostly uncontested.

Last edited:

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I feel like Plat in ranked has become impossible. I had a Valk fly us directly into a squad the other day and we all got melted as soon as our feet hit the ground. Just really bad decisions by people in general on my team.

It's become impossible solo queuing. Too many guys wanna play hero and try and 1 v 3 with no comms. Side effect of this being the easiest season of ranking up. I went from Bronze to plat in like 6 days.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's become impossible solo queuing. Too many guys wanna play hero and try and 1 v 3 with no comms. Side effect of this being the easiest season of ranking up. I went from Bronze to plat in like 6 days.

Yep. In the first few ranks of Plat the best (read: safest) way to play solo this season is to get jump master and land in an uncontested area and just play the long game trying to loot up and get ready for a blow out in the last few circles. Get to 6th team for the RP boost then engage...The problem with my strategy is that half the time I get braindead teammates who will do what you just said - A random octane thinking he can take on 1v3 and it forces us to jump into bad fights. I've ratted way to many games this season but it's one of the only ways I know how to get positive RP. Maybe in Plat 2 or 1 things will change.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Yep. In the first few ranks of Plat the best (read: safest) way to play solo this season is to get jump master and land in an uncontested area and just play the long game trying to loot up and get ready for a blow out in the last few circles. Get to 6th team for the RP boost then engage...The problem with my strategy is that half the time I get braindead teammates who will do what you just said - A random octane thinking he can take on 1v3 and it forces us to jump into bad fights. I've ratted way to many games this season but it's one of the only ways I know how to get positive RP. Maybe in Plat 2 or 1 things will change.

Man you and me both. It's one thing to drop comms about saying where you're going but, when you hear "firing, downed one", then "I'm down" and they get thirsted, then you have to pick between abandoning them or risking a 2v3. Both are not ideal situations. And I'm usually the good guy who goes in to get banners so I usually end up dead too, leaving our teammate to rat alone.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Man you and me both. It's one thing to drop comms about saying where you're going but, when you hear "firing, downed one", then "I'm down" and they get thirsted, then you have to pick between abandoning them or risking a 2v3. Both are not ideal situations. And I'm usually the good guy who goes in to get banners so I usually end up dead too, leaving our teammate to rat alone.

In solo queue, unless they've proven themselves worthy don't do it in rank unless you're playing for fun. If you're playing for points, make the selfish move. People shouldn't make silly plays on their own without comms, and 1v3ing a team of equal skill in any sitch but a very bloody third party is throwing. They can use the banner countdown to reflect about their decision making or more likely send shitty messages lol

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I've been putting more time into this recently and wanted to get to lvl 50 for the only good Loba skin in the game, but man, I don't think I can do Apex anymore. I'm at 26 right now and play solo and the general community of randoms has been so bad that the matches that weren't complete duds are so few and far between. I don't really get bothered by bad teammates in other games because even losing a match means I still play through a match and do my best, but here, woof, it's just non-starter after non-starter after non-starter. I think it's time for me to uninstall Apex and put it behind me once and for all.

Loved the game in the early years but the original thing I was wary of was its team reliance, and I think it's finally come to a point where I can't stand deal with that.