• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been gaming much at all lately so I'm still in Gold 2 but I have to say --- I don't even think I want to get to Platinum again. Gold 2 (and Gold 1) ranked is my favorite skill level in Apex. It's sweaty but not too sweaty. The matches are fun and I never feel overly pressurized by teammates. Gold 2 100% beats the hell out of pub games as I'm pretty much guaranteed I'll get teammates that can shoot a weapon. I do get melted alot in Gold but I also melt others. Platinum is where the whole experience goes to shit for me.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
i'm barely playing anymore but why is the fucking game giving me 2 bronze 4 new players when i'm 5rp from plat ffs.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I guess this goes with any game that's free and high quality -- but Apex has a TON of duo 8-9 year old kids playing in ranked. Much too young, in my opinion. Often times you can spot them even without mics because they love to loot way off the grid and never really engage in fights. Pretty crazy how many I got paired up with yesterday in Gold 1.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
So, single magged the last squad with the Rampage. Has 2 bullets left. Was laughing my bollocks off as they pushed us in the final circle and I just hipfired them to death.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I still don't know why/how there are people who will run ahead of their team, spot an enemy team in the distance, then open fire and start the fight alone instead of waiting for the rest of the team to arrive

just

why

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
i'm kinda drunk and just had a crazy thought. What if the reason we don't have PS5/XSX versions yet is because they decided to just move to Apex 2.0, and we'll get an all new client in like a year.

Please.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
i'm kinda drunk and just had a crazy thought. What if the reason we don't have PS5/XSX versions yet is because they decided to just move to Apex 2.0, and we'll get an all new client in like a year.

Please.

Isn't the update basically that? I don't see a GaaS doing a 2.0. It's really more about constant upgrading and evolving.

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
There's been leaks of a PlayStation 5 version uploaded to the PSN store and it was something large like 80GB. The rumour was that it was supposed to have been the beginning of this season, then it was pushed to the mid Season update but with all the major framerate issues that plagued the early season it is possibly been pushed to the beginning of next season now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There's been leaks of a PlayStation 5 version uploaded to the PSN store and it was something large like 80GB. The rumour was that it was supposed to have been the beginning of this season, then it was pushed to the mid Season update but with all the major framerate issues that plagued the early season it is possibly been pushed to the beginning of next season now.

I would welcome any visual update to the game -- especially the lighting and taking advantage of the latest tech. But if it dips into the framerate even the slightest bit, then it's a no go for me. Playing Apex on my Series S is a dream -- it never drops below 60, even in the most insane fights with Bang smokes and everyone throw ults.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I think I have come around to having the Flatline in the crafter. Honestly the floor loot is absolutely trash this season and having one confirmed good weapon you can get is actually a pretty good thing. I will sometimes even sacrifice a battery or medkit to make a Flatty instead.

It has also made me realize Flatline > R301.

So, single magged the last squad with the Rampage. Has 2 bullets left. Was laughing my bollocks off as they pushed us in the final circle and I just hipfired them to death.

Rampage is such a weird gun for me. There are times I pick it up and absolutely destroy everyone I see. Then sometimes I hipfire and miss the whole clip and die. It is such a gamble weapon I have stopped picking it up.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Rampage is such a weird gun for me. There are times I pick it up and absolutely destroy everyone I see. Then sometimes I hipfire and miss the whole clip and die. It is such a gamble weapon I have stopped picking it up.

Yup sometimes it feels like the hitreg is a massive gamble. some games, can't hit shit. Others, aimbot.

--

About to uninstall after 2 games robbed because of the shit audio.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
For me this season is all about the alternator and a long range weapon in ranked. About the hit plat 3 tomorrow.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
that feel of being hard stuck in plat 4 when you try to play with the team, compared to that feel when you make it to plat 3 ignoring everyone you play with and drop solo. Really need deranking between the major tiers, and not just by whatever RP loss. Like literally drop these people halfway back into gold 4 so they have to work to get back to plat.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe I forgot the golden rule of Apex -- Never play ranked on the weekends. Was 40 RP from Plat 3 on Friday afternoon and now I'm 200 RP away. Horrible teams.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
The only way to rank up if you are solo q-ing at Plat or above is to let team mates die if they do something stupid.

Valk is a great legend for this. Save her ult to get the fuck out if your team mates make brain dead plays. Dont get their banners, dont try to rez them. Let them die.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone want to rank up with me? I'm in gold and I'll help you get to diamond.

I can do it alone but it's just a bit boring alone and if I could help someone from ERA in the process that'd be cool. I only want to play console lobbies so looking for anyone that's on Playstation or XBOX.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
The only way to rank up if you are solo q-ing at Plat or above is to let team mates die if they do something stupid.

Valk is a great legend for this. Save her ult to get the fuck out if your team mates make brain dead plays. Dont get their banners, dont try to rez them. Let them die.

Preach.

And just watched 2 plat 1's solo rush a team one after each other. Jesus fucking christ.

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
How common do you think it is for people to use those boosting services where someone logs into your account and gets you the 20 kill and 4000 damage badges? I swear 1% of the people on my teams with those badges actually seem like they're good enough to have them lol. It just seems so suspicious sometimes.

And yes I know there are people on Era that have them and truly earned them lol.

I'm starting to think they're just useless indicators of good players. The better indicators are Diamond/masters/pred badges.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How common do you think it is for people to use those boosting services where someone logs into your account and gets you the 20 kill and 4000 damage badges? I swear 1% of the people on my teams with those badges actually seem like they're good enough to have them lol. It just seems so suspicious sometimes.

And yes I know there are people on Era that have them and truly earned them lol.

I'm starting to think they're just useless indicators of good players. The better indicators are Diamond/masters/pred badges.

I think a ton of them are boosted. I really don't understand it at all, it's patently obvious to anyone half decent when someone on your team has crazy badges but does nothing in a fight, or even just the looting is slow as hell. There's a pace to a player that is immediately obvious that they almost never have on my team.

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017

Not as common as people just making fresh accounts to earn them before skill based match making takes effect. Or like in my case, people changing from Playstation to Xbox or vice versa, as there's sadly no cross progression. I'm far from the best player but the first three or so games were absolutely ridiculous. I topped out at 3900 damage without even really trying for it, a controller I wasn't used to at all AND playing on Stormpoint. I'm not sure if half of those were bots but I felt awful playing in that lobby by the end of it. Thankfully the next round I was back getting steamrolled by Masters and Preds, ha.

But I agree that they are not the best indicator of player skill.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Diamond done.

This was probably the easiest season to make Diamond I think. The extra points you get for placement really help and for some reasons squads die out super fast on Olympus. For about 80% of the games I feel like there were 6 squads left after the first ring closed. So if you didnt drop like an idiot between 3 squads, by the time you were done looting and crafting and ready to fight you were at -6RP because everyone had died.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Somewhat common but I don't know if those people actually even stick with the game. A friend of a friend paid for a boosting service to get him every badge for wraith, and then he just stopped playing a few weeks later. The mindset that focuses only on the short-term gains likely doesn't have much of an appreciation of the longer-term value of investment in a skill-driven activity.

More likely the 20 bombs and 4ks come from fairly artificial scenarios. For instance I was playing with a friend yesterday, I rarely get on nowadays but I thought we'd have a few games, and within 5 minutes we all had 1000-2000 damage.

I had 8 assists, 1 kill, 1500 damage
My other team mate had 9 assists and 2 kills, 1500 damage
Our third team mate had 13 kills 0 assists, 1800 damage.

At this point he says, I could get a 20 kill game here, can you help me? So we agree and we run around with him but avoid killing anyone. He finishes the match on 21 kills and 3500 damage.

Is that legitimate? Is it boosted? I don't know, but for most players it's just luck and or assistance really. I have some 20 kill games from earlier seasons and it was mostly luck. I didn't ask for help because I didn't want it at the time but I've played so many matches that it was bound to happen eventually.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone want to rank up with me? I'm in gold and I'll help you get to diamond.

I can do it alone but it's just a bit boring alone and if I could help someone from ERA in the process that'd be cool. I only want to play console lobbies so looking for anyone that's on Playstation or XBOX.

I would do this in a heartbeat --- my problem is that I'm underwater with work and only have a very short window to play these days. Also based in NYC so not sure - I think you're in UK? The time difference might be tough.

I am someone who needs guidance and help in this game right now. I'm getting slaughtered in Plat 4 which has never happened. I was 50 points from Plat 3 and then fell like 300 in two days.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
had a good day in ranked todayyy.
3 wins and i'm pretty close to d2
i wish i could hit masters faster to see how i can preform in master/pred lobbies.
owell, hopefully i can do it within the next week so i could have 2 weeks to check those lobbies out.

on reddit it seems like a lot of players have been reaching masters too i guess adding more placement points is rly helping people offset losses in bad games when they need to rat

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I would do this in a heartbeat --- my problem is that I'm underwater with work and only have a very short window to play these days. Also based in NYC so not sure - I think you're in UK? The time difference might be tough.

I am someone who needs guidance and help in this game right now. I'm getting slaughtered in Plat 4 which has never happened. I was 50 points from Plat 3 and then fell like 300 in two days.

I'm happy to play on New York, but yeah I'm in the UK. The time difference might be a little tough but we could try to sync up.

I'm playing really casually these days but I hear ranked is easier for my friends this season.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
had a good day in ranked todayyy.
3 wins and i'm pretty close to d2
i wish i could hit masters faster to see how i can preform in master/pred lobbies.
owell, hopefully i can do it within the next week so i could have 2 weeks to check those lobbies out.

on reddit it seems like a lot of players have been reaching masters too i guess adding more placement points is rly helping people offset losses in bad games when they need to rat

I'm actually progressing well through plat this season, and I'm only playing an average of 2 games a night. It's definitely been smoother, but still the same dumb team-mates in 90% of the matches. Most of my games in plat have had to be played solo, and they've all been 100+ RP games. Play with squad? Easy -36RP loss.

Can only imagine how easy it would be to get to diamond and above if I had 2 other guys actually playing the game and understanding the basics.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually progressing well through plat this season, and I'm only playing an average of 2 games a night. It's definitely been smoother, but still the same dumb team-mates in 90% of the matches. Most of my games in plat have had to be played solo, and they've all been 100+ RP games. Play with squad? Easy -36RP loss.

Can only imagine how easy it would be to get to diamond and above if I had 2 other guys actually playing the game and understanding the basics.
Yeah it's literally just waiting for the right duo when you solo q.
But whenever I use my mic my teammates play a lot better.
When I get a duo that's in party chat i type into chat.
Last season i had a diamond game where we had kp and they clearly wanted to keep fighting when we were on a good spot + top 5 i just told them to play slow and they listened, we walked out with the win.

But some people are stubborn for sure rip

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

I solo most of my games to the last circle in Plat these days. Only way for me to gain RP after my team goes down in the first 20 seconds. And it's really not fun.

I'm happy to play on New York, but yeah I'm in the UK. The time difference might be a little tough but we could try to sync up.

I'm playing really casually these days but I hear ranked is easier for my friends this season.

Cool. I'll message you. I'm on around 5pm most weekdays for about an hour or so and then weekends I play more.

Last edited:

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm plat now too. :)

If I go beyond plat I'm still down to help, I have another account which is gold. So that'll work either way.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Anyone using Dolby Atmos for Headphones on Windows and have to turn it back on every time you launch Apex? It looks like it may be a long-standing issue, and it's super annoying.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Jumped on for a bit yesterday and just ran pubs on KC....What a blast compared to trying to rank up in Plat. I came across the usual wide variety of skill levels which was very fun to actually get some kills with relative ease. Think I'll just stick to this unless I'm playing with someone who's good like Gung Joe, etc...

Kind of brought me back to why I like the game so much, honestly. It's been rough in ranked lately!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Jumped on for a bit yesterday and just ran pubs on KC....What a blast compared to trying to rank up in Plat. I came across the usual wide variety of skill levels which was very fun to actually get some kills with relative ease. Think I'll just stick to this unless I'm playing with someone who's good like Gung Joe, etc...

Kind of brought me back to why I like the game so much, honestly. It's been rough in ranked lately!
Yeah, I decided to do the solo ranked grind last season for really the first time, getting to Plat on both splits (for me that was good). It was fun in its own way, but never again. Pubs are just more fun.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I decided to do the solo ranked grind last season for really the first time, getting to Plat on both splits (for me that was good). It was fun in its own way, but never again. Pubs are just more fun.

I feel like Plat in ranked has become impossible. I had a Valk fly us directly into a squad the other day and we all got melted as soon as our feet hit the ground. Just really bad decisions by people in general on my team.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Anyone using Dolby Atmos for Headphones on Windows and have to turn it back on every time you launch Apex? It looks like it may be a long-standing issue, and it's super annoying.

Windows 10? It happened with DTS:X most of the time for me. It also silenced me on Discord. So I had to launch the game, activate DTS:X, then enter the call for everything to work well.

In Windows 11 I have less this issue. Meaning, if DTS:X was launched from the beggining, it will stay up. The problem is that not always it launches from the beginning, and some times you have to run the app so windows remembers you have it and then it activates. It doesn't happen all that often though, so I guess it's an improvement.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021

Yes lol.

Also for extra fun, turning on Dolby Atmos fucks up a discord call. So I also have to disconnect and reconnect the call with my friend when I am playing together.