• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I'm finding even with voice chat at max volume the majority of players I come across are all pretty much inaudibly quiet

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing how much better the current map rotation is than last season. Makes such a huge difference. If we switch back to worlds end next season I may just take another big break from the game.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I plugged my PS4 on my backup TV mostly as a occasional gaming machine (it was packed away since I picked up a Series S) and installed Apex on it.

What in the actual fuck is wrong with that version of the game, its running at 25-30 FPS constantly with frame drops every few seconds. Its terrible.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hi everyone. New Apex player.

I've been casually playing. I think I'm level 20 now. The free Anniversary weekly skins made me play. I got to say, some of the characters are pretty cool. Can't wait for Valkyrie.

I would like to get the anniversary packs from the current anniversary event before it expires. All I have to do is grind the BR mode and do the challenges right? (Like play games and get the tickets from challenges) I just got the legendary Ghibraltar Skin but he isn't my main. I'd like to get the Valkarye one if possible lol so I want to grind for the next few days.

I'm playing on PS5 (I guess Ps4 copy). Hoping I can play with some of you soon. Any tips let me know.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
has anyone else have to accept terms of service everytime you open the game on xbox since the season started?

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

I've been casually playing. I think I'm level 20 now. The free Anniversary weekly skins made me play. I got to say, some of the characters are pretty cool. Can't wait for Valkyrie.

I would like to get the anniversary packs from the current anniversary event before it expires. All I have to do is grind the BR mode and do the challenges right? (Like play games and get the tickets from challenges) I just got the legendary Ghibraltar Skin but he isn't my main. I'd like to get the Valkarye one if possible lol so I want to grind for the next few days.

I'm playing on PS5 (I guess Ps4 copy). Hoping I can play with some of you soon. Any tips let me know.
Hey man, welcome!

You can only get two Anniversary packs for free unfortunately. All the rest you must pay for :(

You can also craft them, but they are very expensive to craft as well.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hey man, welcome!

You can only get two Anniversary packs for free unfortunately. All the rest you must pay for :(

You can also craft them, but they are very expensive to craft as well.
Only 2 awe man! Well thanks for the heads up. I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best at this point haha.

Also thanks for the welcome! I'm always worried playing BR mode since I'm still learning the basics. Seems straight forward but I'm sure there are so many pros and cons to each character that I'm still learning who to use and when to use their skills. Pretty fun gameplay loop for sure.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017

Consider yourself lucky to get that Legendary Gibby skin! I got an Epic Octane skin and a damn holospray. Ugh

Try out Gibby though, he can be really powerful! And Valkyrie is one of the most fun legends in the game, so definitely worth getting excited for.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Does the choke on the PK re-enable itself for anyone else when you switch to your secondary and then switch back?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
3 good games tonight, no stinkers. Very rare. One really good ranked carry game with 2k damage and 6 kills, 1 great game on KC where it was fight to fight to fight with a top 5 finish, and 1 good no-fill game on SP to practice my 1v3 fighting. Top 3.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I plugged my PS4 on my backup TV mostly as a occasional gaming machine (it was packed away since I picked up a Series S) and installed Apex on it.

What in the actual fuck is wrong with that version of the game, its running at 25-30 FPS constantly with frame drops every few seconds. Its terrible.
I don't know how they were ok with launching the season in this state

even if we do get a patch this week, that's still two-thirds of the control LTM and half the anniversary event in this state
miserable

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I just cannot wrap my brain around liking Storm Point over WE. SP is one of the worst MP experiences I've ever had.
A lot of people base their opinion on WE on frag i think
WE has so many good spots lol the only spot i don't rly like is epicenter.
SP is my least favorite of the 4 too but i still like it. the prowlers were rly annoying last season tho

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Just played Arenas with a dude who's club tag was "Nwrd." Wanted to leave, but saw the penalty.

So, instead I spent our 3 quick rounds running up to the other team, sometimes punching them from behind if they didn't notice me, then hopping up and down like an idiot til they killed me. Felt bad for sandbagging our third.

The funny thing? The racist fuckstick went down almost as quickly as I did, and I think he was actually trying to play.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot wrap my brain around liking Storm Point over WE. SP is one of the worst MP experiences I've ever had.
WE is absolutely a better map but Fragment has ruined it for many people AND it's probably the one map we've seen the most over the past 2 years. People are tired of it. Storm Point is still so much more fresh to me even if it could use some work.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I like storm point well enough but it is way too big for its own good
they need to implement something to get people together more, something like CoD's bounty or whatever that system is called (I played like two matches of that game a year ago I don't remember)

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
WE is absolutely a better map but Fragment has ruined it for many people AND it's probably the one map we've seen the most over the past 2 years. People are tired of it. Storm Point is still so much more fresh to me even if it could use some work.
Worlds Edge with blown up or drastically changed for the better Fragment would be the best announcement in ages if they do it.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Found this new bug where any mastiff/PK I pick up hits for 9, 12, 11 etc while in the hands of enemies it hits for 80+ consistently.

Fix your stupid game Respawn.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ah a wraith with 1000 kills and 20 wins, a surefire sign they're gonna quit the instant they go down.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
77CB058C8D1CB4739A35B72BCEFC3ADC7EA87186

Fuck off

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yeah my packs this week were all a wash but I can't complain since I scored pretty big on the previous weeks and the collection.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Last free birthday prize was the craptacular holo throw above Valk's purple skin I had pulled earlier with the first pack.

Had 3 golds on 3 Valk packs. 600 crafting mats, one of Valk's gold Emotes, and a Mad Maggie background/frame whatever ...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Wingman is feeling pretty good again for me, I'm riding that sine wave up right now and will probably come crashing back down soon and start whiffing every shot again.

3-shotting is so satisfying.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Wingman is feeling pretty good again for me, I'm riding that sine wave up right now and will probably come crashing back down soon and start whiffing every shot again.

3-shotting is so satisfying.

Yup! Wingman and CAR are feeling really good right now.

Had some excellent matches these past few days. Hoping into Control for a warm up, then doing Arenas or Battle Royale is very very fun. The game is in a great place right now.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
They definitely inflated the Legendary rate for these packs, although my Wattson packs from last week had nothing but trash, lol. Golden mats, two Legendary Valk skins including the exact one for this week's recolor, and her new emote.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I've also come back around on the 30-30, easily the best marksman and nailing headshots feels so good. There's a slap to it that's so satisfying, and I find it easier to put consecutive shots on someone than the other marksman guns.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
matchmaking in arenas is atrocious, i just played with 2 people of level 3 and 4 against a diamond and competent players lmao

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
matchmaking in arenas is atrocious, i just played with 2 people of level 3 and 4 against a diamond and competent players lmao
This is how 90% of my arenas matches are. I actually like the mode when it's a fair match, but the matchmaking is just so ridiculous. Even if it is SOMEHOW balanced between the two teams based on recent performance, i still really do not think people who are brand new to the game should be put into matches like that. It's completely unfair to them and is really such a poor introduction to the game.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Been playing more Arenas to actually do some challenges, and the mode has grown on me a little. While I still hate the start-stop approach, it's a nice palate cleanser to less eventful or satisfying BR matches. Although it's a gaming gesture as old as time, I find that I still get annoyed when another player teabags me after a loss, though. The only time I'll teabag someone is after they've teabagged me first. Again - I know it's a silly, inconsequential gesture - but there's something I find so needless about it.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Two times in the last couple weeks i've had people DC after going down in ranked just to end up clutching up the fight and res dced player giving them the benefit of the doubt that mayb the lagged out lol.
One of the times happened yesterday, and dude is up 800 rp since then, makes me wonder if there's a working dashboard bug bc if ur dcing first down in a game no way you arent doing that often lool

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having an easier time with ranked this go around? Hit diamond much earlier than usual solo queueing and am not hard stuck. The placement/kills changes have really benefited survivors and actually going for the win I find.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Anyone else having an easier time with ranked this go around? Hit diamond much earlier than usual solo queueing and am not hard stuck. The placement/kills changes have really benefited survivors and actually going for the win I find.

Somewhat but it may just be early on in the season. Things should go back to normal during the half way point of the season

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Whats the point of "smurfing" as a report option if they are happy when the "pros" or steamers doing it?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah SBMM just doesn't work in this game, constantly going against masters and preds which I shouldn't be. I've also never seen a game give teammates as bad as this one. People legit don't even know how to play

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
took a break from Elden ring. Get jumped by a squad in full sprint with 0 footstep audio.

Back to Elden Ring. 12 seasons and this trash fucking bug is still here.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
took a break from Elden ring. Get jumped by a squad in full sprint with 0 footstep audio.

Back to Elden Ring. 12 seasons and this trash fucking bug is still here.
Been playing 6 seasons and come to the conclusion they will never fix audio.
Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons expansion is 14 hours away, Apex will be ignored for a few weeks, maybe months if it's really good..

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the $20 editions (which contained a brand new character legendary, a unique recolor of a weapon legendary, and a themed banner and badge alongside $10 of apex money), which were removed from storefronts a few weeks back, seem to be coming back as nearly $40 in-game shop bundles
without all of the items and certainly not the $10

thank you respawn excellent stuff as always

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who hasn't played really since Season 1 or 2, should I wait for the Legendary Edition on sale to get the rest of the characters I don't have?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
As someone who hasn't played really since Season 1 or 2, should I wait for the Legendary Edition on sale to get the rest of the characters I don't have?
At least on Steam it goes on sale for 30% off during pretty much every sale event, so it may be worth waiting. You can also unlock all the characters pretty easily through just playing, you get enough tokens to unlock one every 20 player levels.

Also you just unfortunately missed them giving three characters out for free :(

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
At least on Steam it goes on sale for 30% off during pretty much every sale event, so it may be worth waiting. You can also unlock all the characters pretty easily through just playing, you get enough tokens to unlock one every 20 player levels.

Also you just unfortunately missed them giving three characters out for free :(
I actually got I think two of those, with two I already had. Thanks for the heads up.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Elden Ring might cause me to miss 110 this season for the first time in many seasons. I'm still ahead of the curve, but...

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think I've played a game with the amount of input issues this one has. It's just crazy.