• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I don't get why some of you play non ranked games and then complain about it. I played a few non ranked games and the competition isn't nearly as good, like bronze tier competition at best. It's no shock people land in crowded areas when you have nothing to lose in non ranked. Skull Town, Fragment. Different map same thing in pubs. Stop complaining and play ranked?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Storm Point is an awful map, I don't understand WE hate when SP exists, lol.

When it first came out I was all in and thought it was a cool map. The more I play it, the more I think it's not great.

I really don't like the PvE element - especially in the middle of a fight. The way the whole map feels like a giant hill throws me off a bit.

In terms of overall fun, I still think KC is my favorite.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
With 2 days away from finishing this season, i start ranking up! Just reached Plat 3, and today got 2 wins!

Valk is superb! :D

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there still people from Europe playing Apex ? I'd like to learn the game (played only unranked until a few days ago). If there's some people that don't mind someone still learning, i'm there !

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Storm Point is an awful map, I don't understand WE hate when SP exists, lol.
Storm Point is like middle of the road for me. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Granted I mostly play pubs so I can't really speak from a perspective of serious Ranked plays. My ranking of maps would be as follows:

1. Olympus - Almost every POI on this map is fun or interesting to fight IMO. The triangle of death is always crazy when things pop off, but I've some of my most thrilling Apex moments here. Season 7 is still my favorite season for introducing this map, and my favorite Legend at the time: Horizon.

2. King's Canyon - The OG is just too good. Has the power of nostalgia on its side. I still think it needs to fill back the gap left behind from the removal of Skulltown and Thunderdome though.

3. Storm Point - Have definitely had some fun games on this map, but sometimes it feels way too big for its own good. This map is either hot drop and have never ending fights, or cold drop and don't see a single squad until endgame. Feels like there's no in betweens lol.

4. World's Edge - Hate it. There's not a single POI I truly look forward to fighting in. Skyhook, and those new areas they added over lava is OK I guess? I can tolerate them. Everywhere else pretty much sucks in my view, and don't even get me started on the cesspool that is Fragments. I'm so glad it's gone next season. I almost wish they never bring it back, but I'm interested to see what changes they'll make to it in time for Season 13. Surely they'll blow Fragments off the face of the earth this time right?

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
I really just wish storm point had balloons, as is it's just Valk's playground -- I don't think I've seen a character dominate a map so singularly before. Otherwise, I like it; just has the World's Edge pubs problem of people face rolling to like 2 or 3 POI only.

A combination of debut + current world's edge would prob be my fave but if I had to rank:

WE -- Olympus -- SP -- KC (it's familiar but I've never enjoyed it that much tbh)

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Storm Point is like middle of the road for me. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Granted I mostly play pubs so I can't really speak from a perspective of serious Ranked plays. My ranking of maps would be as follows:

1. Olympus - Almost every POI on this map is fun or interesting to fight IMO. The triangle of death is always crazy when things pop off, but I've some of my most thrilling Apex moments here. Season 7 is still my favorite season for introducing this map, and my favorite Legend at the time: Horizon.

2. King's Canyon - The OG is just too good. Has the power of nostalgia on its side. I still think it needs to fill back the gap left behind from the removal of Skulltown and Thunderdome though.

3. Storm Point - Have definitely had some fun games on this map, but sometimes it feels way too big for its own good. This map is either hot drop and have never ending fights, or cold drop and don't see a single squad until endgame. Feels like there's no in betweens lol.

4. World's Edge - Hate it. There's not a single POI I truly look forward to fighting in. Skyhook, and those new areas they added over lava is OK I guess? I can tolerate them. Everywhere else pretty much sucks in my view, and don't even get me started on the cesspool that is Fragments. I'm so glad it's gone next season. I almost wish they never bring it back, but I'm interested to see what changes they'll make to it in time for Season 13. Surely they'll blow Fragments off the face of the earth this time right?

100% agree with this ranking and assessment. I stopped playing this current season because I couldn't bear to play another session in World's Edge. That map is just so fucking terrible.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I like WE a lot but the whole area between the elevated highway with the respawn beacon through the harvester thing and into fragment to the ice needs to be removed and redone. That whole area sucks.

Revenge First

Mar 21, 2020
Is there still people from Europe playing Apex ? I'd like to learn the game (played only unranked until a few days ago). If there's some people that don't mind someone still learning, i'm there !
Feel free to add me - Revenge First. I'm in the UK and always looking for people to play with although i've only been playing a couple of seasons so still learning some stuff myself! I'm on Xbox btw.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex really is a fucking incredible game. I'm like 80% back to my old aim after dying over and over and practicing. I was never great at the game, mind you. But I'm really having so much fun. Mirage has been great for getting out of binds or escaping death with his ult.

I just wish it controlled a little closer to Halo Infinite so when I switch games up it's not so jolting. I may have to tweak Infinite settings so they're a little faster with ADS'ing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got my first ranked win since I started playing a few days ago. Took WAY longer this time to get into a groove but I'm now 99% back. There are a ton of smurfs in Bronze and Silver now. Honestly, I know real Bronze 4 players and they can barely aim and shoot the weapon. These were Bronze 2 or 3 that were mopping the floor with crazy Valk plays and shit. Anyways, looking forward to the new season and the LTM.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Finally got my first ranked win since I started playing a few days ago. Took WAY longer this time to get into a groove but I'm now 99% back. There are a ton of smurfs in Bronze and Silver now. Honestly, I know real Bronze 4 players and they can barely aim and shoot the weapon. These were Bronze 2 or 3 that were mopping the floor with crazy Valk plays and shit. Anyways, looking forward to the new season and the LTM.

It's funny you mention this because I played ranked for the first time this season earlier today and was like, "Wow, there are a lot of good players for Bronze 4." I played one match where I was carried by 2 players who got like 1600 damage and like 7-8 kills a piece. In the other games I did better, but it was still a lot more heat than I expected there to be for Bronze 4 only a day or two out from the start of a new season.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Between there being no deranking and the ranked split ending in a matter of days, Diamond 4 is an absolute fucking shitshow. Its like dropping in pubs. People just want W key into anything they see or hear.

Please for the love of god respawn add deranking so players have something to play for.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's funny you mention this because I played ranked for the first time this season earlier today and was like, "Wow, there are a lot of good players for Bronze 4." I played one match where I was carried by 2 players who got like 1600 damage and like 7-8 kills a piece. In the other games I did better, but it was still a lot more heat than I expected there to be for Bronze 4 only a day or two out from the start of a new season.

Yeah it might as well have been Gold 1 or something. Definitely was not normal Bronze ranked gameplay.

My big hope now is that this season also comes with the Series S/X and PS5 upgrade. When I play Halo Infinite it just looks so crisp and vibrant. The lighting in particular is really something else. I have no clue if it's ray tracing or what the tech is but when I fire something like a Cindershot the neon purple / pink bullet flare bouncing off the walls looks insanely good. Apex looks more grainy by comparison, even though I think Apex's art style is on par with Halo.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Between there being no deranking and the ranked split ending in a matter of days, Diamond 4 is an absolute fucking shitshow. Its like dropping in pubs. People just want W key into anything they see or hear.

Please for the love of god respawn add deranking so players have something to play for.
I actually had a lot of good games in d4 yesterday.
Not sure if it's bc it's end of season or what. went like +680in a 2 hour span solo qinglol.
More players have mics and are a bit more competent.
I had a decent octane one game who was pushing hard and when we had a good amount of kp I just had to him slow down a bit and he listened when I did and we won with max kp.

Same thing with another team i had, duo q in a party.
We had good kp+positioning and i just typed them to play slow and we won.

It might also help that I was jump master every game bc i chose my character manually lmaoo.
Helps in controlling the pace of the game a bit.

The games where people died instantly tho ducking suck😭 most of the time i'm able to get the losses down or get plus 2-12tho so the blows aren't that hard lol.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I didn't play much this season, only made it to level 57, and I just realized there's a Rampart emote I really really want. But it's at level 67. I won't be able to make it and it's 1,500 coins to jump that many levels ugh! Goodbye emote.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah it might as well have been Gold 1 or something. Definitely was not normal Bronze ranked gameplay.

My big hope now is that this season also comes with the Series S/X and PS5 upgrade. When I play Halo Infinite it just looks so crisp and vibrant. The lighting in particular is really something else. I have no clue if it's ray tracing or what the tech is but when I fire something like a Cindershot the neon purple / pink bullet flare bouncing off the walls looks insanely good. Apex looks more grainy by comparison, even though I think Apex's art style is on par with Halo.

It's funny because I never even thought of wanting a Series upgrade since Apex already looked so dang good to me, even on my 4K TV. I sometimes play Apex on my PS5 too, but it seems to be a lower resolution there. I can't imagine how good a current gen version of Apex would look considering how the last gen version impresses me as is, heh.

edit: looked it up and apparently the last gen versions run at 1440p. I wonder why the PS5 version always looks a smidge worse to me, but yeah - apparently I'm easily pleased with 1440p, haha.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
www.ea.com

Apex Legends: Defiance Patch Notes

Check out the full patch notes of what to expect this season including a new Legend, LTM, and more when Defiance launches on February 8th!
Its time.
handrub-kbrad.gif

Auraboshi

Feb 4, 2022
Ireland
Ngl kinda was hoping for more legends changes then just the two we got : /

However those ranked changes 👀 wonder how the community gonna react to it

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Eugh, ranked changes are going to encourage even more camping. Not a fan, rather they change it to a team based RP system.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Reach Wildlife (PvE) section of notes and see they intend to continue to dumb shit when a vast majority of your players HATE IT..

Auraboshi

Feb 4, 2022
Ireland
Actually what the hell nothing about fixing Wattson's fences???? Welp see ya all in season 13

Reach Wildlife (PvE) section of notes and see they intend to continue to dumb shit when a vast majority of your players HATE IT..
Look at Lifeline, everyone has begged them to change her ULT and they still insist on it. Sometimes it feels like they are too stubborn to change something that clearly nobody likes.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The death of Caustic, an over exaggeration, after his traps are destroyed, gas still lingers for 2 seconds, plus canister have 150 HP, you need to waste ammo.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I like those ranked changes. Placement should matter way more than it does currently. It is a BR. Winning > Placement > Kills.

Dropping hot, getting 1 kill, 2 assists and dying at 18th as a team should not be the same as getting to 5th with a kill.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
So no Rampage nerf? It looks like they're just mentioning the one they already did in the last hot fix. That seems odd to me.

Also, I guess we really aren't getting the next gen versions for the beginning of the season at this point.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
So no Rampage nerf? It looks like they're just mentioning the one they already did in the last hot fix. That seems odd to me.

Also, I guess we really aren't getting the next gen versions for the beginning of the season at this point.

Someone on r/Apexuncovered mentioned that end of Feb is when next gen versions and cross progression is set for. That subreddit has a pretty good track record so it is quite likely.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on r/Apexuncovered mentioned that end of Feb is when next gen versions and cross progression is set for. That subreddit has a pretty good track record so it is quite likely.
The update Is clearly ready to go after that tweet from the PSN game sizes Twitter. What's probably happening is not releasing it until the season has launched smoothly. I say it will come on by the end of this month.
I'm sensing a pattern here...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Solid changes imo, excited to see everything in action. And if I'm reading that right, you'll still be able to get an assist after someone gets revived, which is huge. I've lost so many assists because I'll knock someone, their teammate will revive them, and then my teammate will kill both of them.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Expected more Legend and Weapon balance changes. Last few seasons have been like this.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Solid changes imo, excited to see everything in action. And if I'm reading that right, you'll still be able to get an assist after someone gets revived, which is huge. I've lost so many assists because I'll knock someone, their teammate will revive them, and then my teammate will kill both of them.

Isnt the timer a bigger problem than them being downed? I think assists have a 5 second timer so if they dont die in 5 seconds of you doing damage, it doesnt count as an assist.

A revive would clear away the 5 second timer anyway.

Auraboshi

Feb 4, 2022
Ireland
I'm sensing a pattern here...
Watch it be delayed now cause of this

Isnt the timer a bigger problem than them being downed? I think assists have a 5 second timer so if they dont die in 5 seconds of you doing damage, it doesnt count as an assist.

No matter what they do the system will always sucks ass definitely needs a rework completely, Teamwork needs to more rewarded.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

I didn't realize it was timer-based, I thought it just tracked it until death or they healed -_-

Well nevermind then.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I like those ranked changes. Placement should matter way more than it does currently. It is a BR. Winning > Placement > Kills.

Dropping hot, getting 1 kill, 2 assists and dying at 18th as a team should not be the same as getting to 5th with a kill.

Agree 100%. Hopefully this will stop the Fragment hot drop madness.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
These notes are disappointing and killed my hype for the season, they fixed more bugs and fucked with PvE shit than balanced the game, wanted more weapons and legends balance..

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Agree 100%. Hopefully this will stop the Fragment hot drop madness.

You know it won't. People dropping like that in ranked couldn't give a shit if they were in ranked or casual. They just want to drop, try to fight asap and then queue again. No demands no problem to them, even when they've got rp buffers

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I always want more legend balances compared to what we always end up getting. At this point characters like lifeline and mirage just seem outdated and don't ever get the smallest of boosts. I don't know how loba ult and lifeline care package exist in the same space.

Gun wise the triple take just got hit really hard. I still don't entirely get the point of adding flatline and longbow to care package only…when we have a single weapon that comes with its own ammo type that is the main offender for loot bloat.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's a clip from my last game of S11.

Hilarious imo. That's the champs squad all dead in the first minute or so of the match to a fluke like that. My team mates weren't very experienced at Apex so they were saying things like 'This is what happens when I play with someone who's master, I'm trailing behind and they're all dead! Just look at that kill feed Jim, how are we supposed to keep up?'. Their mics aren't recorded though but I found it funny.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
ALGS split 2 (takes place throughout season 12) is going to be on Storm Point. Finally! It was getting really old watching the pros play on World's Edge.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a clip from my last game of S11.

Hilarious imo. That's the champs squad all dead in the first minute or so of the match to a fluke like that. My team mates weren't very experienced at Apex so they were saying things like 'This is what happens when I play with someone who's master, I'm trailing behind and they're all dead! Just look at that kill feed Jim, how are we supposed to keep up?'. Their mics aren't recorded though but I found it funny.

SenSational 💀

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
ALGS split 2 (takes place throughout season 12) is going to be on Storm Point. Finally! It was getting really old watching the pros play on World's Edge.

Between the map and legend rebalancing (especially Crypto) this might be the biggest meta shift we have seen since they dropped KC altogether. So excited for this.