• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
yeah ive met a loooot of hotheads, entitled morons and idiots. One dude literally landed off by himself, and when i called him an idiot, he literally said "hey I'm the champion, i go whereever i want. you probably never even won a game before" like he won a fucking gold medal at the Olympics.
Lol, all these champs remind me of this Famalam sketch. "I goes where I goes."

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Dammit.
Man KC just seems so boring to me. It's probably the worst when it comes to 3rd partying too, imo.

I like it the best out of all the options. Each map has its share of issues and none are perfect. But when the last few circles are closing in, I can navigate KC better and I feel like I'm not getting nailed out in the open as much. Also, I main Caustic now and he's way better on maps with more indoor space.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
That Arenas flash Volt skin is legit, of course it comes at the time when they're releasing a Volt skin in the BP. I enjoyed that new KC arenas map. Lots of vertical space. Now that I'm playing all 3 maps at once, I dislike Olympus the most. I feel most confident on WE with KC coming in 2nd.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Hoping next patch has an abandon cooldown for non-ranked BR.
I hope not. In non-ranked I don't really feel like waiting around for a respawn when my squad decided to drop hot and I died within the first 10 seconds. Better to just quit and requeue, hoping for a squad that wants to play a bit slower.

On a related note, I wonder if hot drops and also respawning would be a better experience if you at least has a P2020 or Mozambique equipped by default...

Last edited:

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
There are challenges for arenas wins and 2 arenas wins in a row, so naturally I'm on an 8 arenas loss streak.

Last edited:

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
so the octane on my team pinged fragment but i landed in landslide and he literally said "why didn't we hot drop, f@gg@t". Later, he gets downed and said where the hell were you, you're trash, i said lol and he's said "i did way more damage than you".

I did 336 and he did 356. and he didn't say another fucking word. And no he was not 12.

There are challenges for arenas wins and 2 arenas wins in a row, so naturally I'm on an 8 arenas loss streak.
the lame Caustic and volt skins are not worth it enough for me to endure arenas. When you get a good team its barely playable and most of the time you get hot heads that desert the game after they lose one match

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I went into a casual Arenas game and only got one teammate so I decided to leave (you can do so when you don't have a full team). While the game was "connecting to lobby..." suddenly a third player appeared in front of me, my game left and I got hit with the leaver penalty.

How damn long can it take for the game to put someone into a match? That third player missed the legend selection screen completely and they spawned into the game like 15 seconds into the first buy phase.

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
First match today in Arenas with two sub level 10 squad mates (only upside was that the other squad was also pretty bad), second one against a premade squad, third one against a premade squad, fourth one the game couldn't even fill two squads (enemy was down one player and quit after the first round). At least the fifth match was reasonably fun...

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I rarely play Arenas but had a Path challenge to knock out combined with the Arenas event so I hopped in. Absolutely slaying it in there pushing hard with the grapple after getting a couple hits in. I had two games with only 1 other person on my squad and won both. This game is so hot/cold it's not even funny. It makes you think someone is watching you pushing buttons to make your games easier or more difficult on purpose.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nah you can see her walking around with it in BR in a few of the shots.

Yep, patch notes confirmed it's for everything. Neat!

E-2kw3vWYAcGPxg

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Rampart is a hilarious character and I'm glad they buffed her. The only one left who needs a serious buff is Crypto for him to stay relevant.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rampart is a hilarious character and I'm glad they buffed her. The only one left who needs a serious buff is Crypto for him to stay relevant.

I remember watching an ALGS tourney a few months ago and every team had a Crypto spamming EMPs.

A good buff idea was allowing him to throw his drone like a grenade, so he can get some benefits without having to go into the drone first.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
so the octane on my team pinged fragment but i landed in landslide and he literally said "why didn't we hot drop, f@gg@t". Later, he gets downed and said where the hell were you, you're trash, i said lol and he's said "i did way more damage than you".

I did 336 and he did 356. and he didn't say another fucking word. And no he was not 12.
I had something similar happen to me. Only thing is that I did more damage than him and revived this guy twice before he died a third time 😂

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oooh Rampart buff.

Also Rampart Arenas event, letting the world know that she's S+ Tier in that mode

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Wattson needs a buff as well. As she is, she's almost useless compared to the likes of Rampart/Caustic who are much better at locking down a secure location.

But I agree that Crypto needs something so he can keep up with the likes of Bloodhound/Seer.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Way too many disconnectors at the start of games. It's getting pretty annoying.

And don't want to play ranked solo lol (Or I could since I haven't really played it)

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Octane got nerfed pretty hard huh?

Yeah he definitely has been, I probably won't enjoy playing it anymore (I mean, not as much as before).

I used him solely because I could avoid to much down time healing with packs between fights, but now, I feel like it's not going to be a interesting trait anymore.

They kept nerfing him instead of buffing other characters to make them more appealing, definitely not how I like a game to be balance.

Well, I was looking for a good reason to stop playing Apex so I could gave more time to other games, guess this update will help quite a lot. Thanks Respawn I guess.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he definitely has been, I probably won't enjoy playing it anymore (I mean, not as much as before).

I used him solely because I could avoid to much down time healing with packs between fights, but now, I feel like it's not going to be a interesting trait anymore.

They kept nerfing him instead of buffing other characters to make them more appealing, definitely not how I like a game to be balance.

Well, I was looking for a good reason to stop playing Apex so I could gave more time to other games, guess this update will help quite a lot. Thanks Respawn I guess.
I don't think anyone in the player base was excessively complaining about Octane? I don't understand why they would nerf him this hard. And this is coming from someone who rarely plays Octane and never really had any huge issues fighting against him. But then again I'm on console so I'm not sure what the PC space is like. If you're going to nerf his health regen, at least put his stim cost back to where it was before...

bry

Oct 27, 2017
they keep nerfing octane to address revtane or 3rd partying which make sense but sucks lol.
like the decrease in pad is fine reasonable but the health thing feels a little unnecessary.
doesn't make a huge difference but it's still annoying

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Arenas needs balancing the Legends abilities need to be nerfed significantly, it has to reflect the mode, Seer in Arenas is a god, facing a Seer/Blood team with good players is almost unwinnable..

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I was out on Arenas until I discovered how much fun playing Fusey with a base Eva 8 and a shit ton of Arc Stars and Knucle Clusters is. Pure chaos.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
What was up with the white bird at the beginning of the trailer and the final scene with bloodhound?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anyone in the player base was excessively complaining about Octane? I don't understand why they would nerf him this hard. And this is coming from someone who rarely plays Octane and never really had any huge issues fighting against him. But then again I'm on console so I'm not sure what the PC space is like. If you're going to nerf his health regen, at least put his stim cost back to where it was before...

Yeah they're making him dirty at this stage.

Like, sure, Octane has a high pick rate, and I think they truly want to diminish that, but I keep thinking he does have a high pick rate because he's a fun character first and foremost, not because he's OP, and as you, I'm on console as well, and Octane has never been an issue compared to other legends such as Vakyrie for example.

Their way of thinking seem to be that if they disgust players enough of him, maybe its pick rate will diminish, but they will mostly ends up making players leave the game, which will probably be my case.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arenas. First teammate goes right. Okay, I will follow them. Second teammate goes left. Dies to 3v1.

First teammate goes right. Second teammate goes left again. Okay, follow second teammate. We engage 3v2 while first teammate doesn't attempt to flank.

FOR SEVEN STRAIGHT GAMES. What is wrong with you morons?

Shotguns
  • EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.

lol, they nerfed the Mozam.

Last edited:

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Yeah they're making him dirty at this stage.

Like, sure, Octane has a high pick rate, and I think they truly want to diminish that, but I keep thinking he does have a high pick rate because he's a fun character first and foremost, not because he's OP, and as you, I'm on console as well, and Octane has never been an issue compared to other legends such as Vakyrie for example.

Their way of thinking seem to be that if they disgust players enough of him, maybe its pick rate will diminish, but they will mostly ends up making players leave the game, which will probably be my case.

Yep.

Ubisoft will do it too with Rainbow Six Siege a lot of times. A high pick rate doesnt mean the character is OP and needs a nerf. Sometimes people just like a character because its enjoyable. Ubi can keep nerfing Sledge to the ground but I am gonna keep picking him because hammer goes thunk.

I rarely play Octane but I never felt he was an annoying character to go against. At least its not a brutal nerf but really its not needed.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I never thought it was fair that Octane's tactical essentially didn't have a cool down yet Pathfinder's zip gets nerfed and Valk only has so much power in her jet pack to use it sparingly. They're all mobility characters - and yet his tactical could be spammed over and over.

Ultimately, I don't have a problem with Octane, but I do have a problem with the type of players that tend to main Octane. They usually go pick fights solo, get melted then DC. Or hot drop Frag and then DC. Pound for pound, the most selfish players in Apex tend to pick Octane more than others. That's my experience, anyways.

Last edited:

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with some of these players rushing in to fights despite us having a tactical advantage. Like we're all pretty well equipped and the other squad has to come to use to get into the circle but so many people just decide to rush outside of the circle to get into fights?? Then we lose soon after.

So many time this has happened lately that it's getting pretty annoying

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What's up with some of these players rushing in to fights despite us having a tactical advantage. Like we're all pretty well equipped and the other squad has to come to use to get into the circle but so many people just decide to rush outside of the circle to get into fights?? Then we lose soon after.

So many time this has happened lately that it's getting pretty annoying
Some people just don't understand good positioning.

It's something I had to teach myself when I started playing this game. I was constantly giving up high ground because I was more comfortable shooting at someone when we were on the same level. Screwed me over a lot.

Something some player have been doing lately that grind on my nerves is, they go down and instead of crawling to a safe place so we can get a ress off, they sit out in the open like a moron. Had a Bloodhound do this yesterday despite the fact he had All the time in the world to move.

I just try to remember kids play this game too, because some of the things these randoms do...so irritating sometimes.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I just try to remember kids play this game too, because some of the things these randoms do...so irritating sometimes.
This. When playing with randoms, I've made it a habit to mute my mic if and when I see questionable shit. I was playing with my son one day and some random said some shot to my son and I spazzed out. It made me question all the times I said some off the wall shit to a random who could have very well been a kid. Now I just sit back and spaz in silence 😂

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
This. When playing with randoms, I've made it a habit to mute my mic if and when I see questionable shit. I was playing with my son one day and some random said some shot to my son and I spazzed out. It made me question all the times I said some off the wall shit to a random who could have very well been a kid. Now I just sit back and spaz in silence 😂

Took me years to figure this out and I've definitely calmed down a ton when randoms do dumb stuff because yeah - it's most likely a kid. And by kid, I'm not referring to a 15 year old with god tier aiming and reflexes. I'm talking like 8-10 year old range.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Took me years to figure this out and I've definitely calmed down a ton when randoms do dumb stuff because yeah - it's most likely a kid. And by kid, I'm not referring to a 15 year old with god tier aiming and reflexes. I'm talking like 8-10 year old range.
Yea you're right. At the end of the day you realize it's not that serious but sometimes the competitive juices get to flowing too much lol