• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
yep and if you got 3000 points from last week arena challenge you get a blue loot bot. Woohoo. Maybe start offering something substantial and i'll play. Good thing i have like 250k points to reroll all that nonsense away :)
I got like 500k tokens so I just reroll. Same as you lol. Arenas is just not for me. I could understand why people like it though.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
So I should care about the streamers/pro players vision and dismiss the devs one? Yeah, not gonna happen.

They are free to voice their opinions and I'm free to voice mine. This change largely doesn't change the game for 90+% of the playerbase, but I can see it being a good change for some people in allowing different types of control being more equal, or people with better aim having a better time that people who mastered spamming AD.

This type of change is like when competitive Pokemon started to give the info on the type effectiveness, ammount of turns left of field modifiers and tracking ups and downs of stats. It made it easier to actually focus on what the game is about. People that aren't good at taking notes or with perfect memory are able to go against to players that do. It levels the playerfield, even though for some it "lowered the skill ceiling".

Complaining about this type of stuff is effectively gatekeeping so yeah, It's a regular thing that I'm against gatekeeping attitudes. "Oh no, I'm sorry you never mastered tap strafing, but I'm good at it so either git gud or bust" *sighs*. It's good that devs pay attention to the playerbase, but the playerbase is super diverse and big. Being a streamer/pro player and feeling practically entitled to be heard because of your position and that somehow the game should appeal to them above everything else, yeah, I hope the devs take their feedback with a grain of salt.
You can choose to side with whoever you wish, that your prerogative. It seems pretty clear to me you dislike the movement aspect of the game, seems odd to me but that's your opinion.

Lmao gatekeeping what exactly? Aren't we talking about the top 5% of players? Who I want to bring up once again, they were very few people actually complaining about the existence of tap strafing. As someone who comes from a fighting game background, yeah actually get good, it's competitive in nature.
You seem to be inserting a lot of your own preconceptions into these spooky "streamers" and what they feel their positions are.

Perhaps some aren't crackshots but they can make up for that with expert movement, idk removing that seems kinda of gatekeepy...
While I agree on a minimal level, this almost sounds like borderline entitlement to me. Not saying that was your intention, but that's how it comes off. Devs definitely need to listen to the feedback of their base sure, but at the end of the day it's still their game, not ours. They can introduce a Legend that has wall running and a Titan tomorrow if they wanted to, and we wouldn't be able to do a thing about it outside of not supporting the game anymore. That is their right to make the changes, and it's also our right to decide if we rock with those changes or not. At the end of the day, it is a small but vocal minority here that really care about tap strafing. The devs have made their choice. They can either stick around or drop it. Either way Apex is gonna thrive because the removal of tap strafing isn't something that even affects the rest of the 95% of the player base.
They don't have to listen, but I'm free to complain as much as I see fit, that's a longshot from entitlement and kinda ridiculous equating tbh. It being their game has no bearing on how I interface with it, like no shit, I'm pretty sure I wasn't on the dev team. That's exactly why you make your voice heard, because as you said, short of not playing, there isn't actually anything you can do.

Contrary to popular belief you don't actually have to care what the dev says or wants. Sometimes the dev is right, sometimes they're wrong, in this instance I feel it is the latter.

Apex is thriving yes, it will continue either way, so if success isn't a factor, it has no impact on my opinion on this change.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
They don't have to listen, but I'm free to complain as much as I see fit, that's a longshot from entitlement and kinda ridiculous equating tbh. It being their game has no bearing on how I interface with it, like no shit, I'm pretty sure I wasn't on the dev team. That's exactly why you make your voice heard, because as you said, short of not playing, there isn't actually anything you can do.

Contrary to popular belief you don't actually have to care what the dev says or wants. Sometimes the dev is right, sometimes they're wrong, in this instance I feel it is the latter.

Apex is thriving yes, it will continue either way, so if success isn't a factor, it has no impact on my opinion on this change.
I never said you HAVE to listen to what the devs say or want, and yes you're free complain or share your distaste about whatever. I myself have plenty of complaints about the game, which I have stated many times in this very thread.

And sure you might not be entitled, and I apologize if somehow what I said caused any offense. Was just trying to point out how it read, which maybe I missed something. I'm not coming for you or anything.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
I never said you HAVE to listen to what the devs say or want, and yes you're free complain or share your distaste about whatever. I myself have plenty of complaints about the game, which I have stated many times in this very thread.

And sure you might not be entitled, and I apologize if somehow what I said caused any offense. Was just trying to point out how it read, which maybe I missed something. I'm not coming for you or anything.
It's no big deal, the word entitlement just gets kinda thrown around these days, usually as an attempt to shut down discussion. It just comes off as a lazy away to not actually address people's issues with the game. I've seen plenty of people say it's entitlement to ask for anything because it's a free game. Well that was the companies business model, not mine, so I don't see why that should affect how I am allowed to criticize it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You can choose to side with whoever you wish, that your prerogative. It seems pretty clear to me you dislike the movement aspect of the game, seems odd to me but that's your opinion.

Lmao gatekeeping what exactly? Aren't we talking about the top 5% of players? Who I want to bring up once again, they were very few people actually complaining about the existence of tap strafing. As someone who comes from a fighting game background, yeah actually get good, it's competitive in nature.
You seem to be inserting a lot of your own preconceptions into these spooky "streamers" and what they feel their positions are.

Perhaps some aren't crackshots but they can make up for that with expert movement, idk removing that seems kinda of gatekeepy...

Well if they aren't good at shooting at a shooting game...

As for the rest, you know, I don't think it makes much sense. There's nothing I've said that can be interpreted as "you don't like movement". The rest either, using a movement exploit isn't "getting good". Making the correct decisions, mastering the strengths of the legends, actually shooting... that's game changing.

All this discussion is far more than what removing tap strafing deserves.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
While I agree on a minimal level, this almost sounds like borderline entitlement to me. Not saying that was your intention, but that's how it comes off. Devs definitely need to listen to the feedback of their base sure, but at the end of the day it's still their game, not ours. They can introduce a Legend that has wall running and a Titan tomorrow if they wanted to, and we wouldn't be able to do a thing about it outside of not supporting the game anymore. That is their right to make the changes, and it's also our right to decide if we rock with those changes or not. At the end of the day, it is a small but vocal minority here that really care about tap strafing. The devs have made their choice. They can either stick around or drop it. Either way Apex is gonna thrive because the removal of tap strafing isn't something that even affects the rest of the 95% of the player base.

+1. This is where I stand on this issue.

I think the one feature they need to add pronto is Mirage in a Speedo™️

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
well, it happened.

I got heirloom shards. Dunno who i want to craft.
Who's your main?

Been playing this game from Day 1 and have bought every BP since launch. Still haven't gotten any Heirloom shards yet. Right now I've been playing way more Mirage than any other Legend. I think I would get his Heirloom if I got today.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Damn you lucky guy. You should go out and buy a lottery ticket as well.

Not sure if its luck or some algorithm meant to keep me playing. I've had a shitty week of games grinding through plat. Finally caught a decent squad (as in they can breath without having to think about it) and we win the game, get max rp and loot tick gives me shards.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
wow they really push arena in the dailies now, don't they?
Ya I actually just quit Apex once they starting pulling this bullshit. I like to have the sense of progress from unlocking my way through the battle pass but with all the dailies and weeklies pushing arena now, I just have no interest.

Hoping they change it back or at least make the assignments mode-agnostic at some point.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Ya I actually just quit Apex once they starting pulling this bullshit. I like to have the sense of progress from unlocking my way through the battle pass but with all the dailies and weeklies pushing arena now, I just have no interest.

Hoping they change it back or at least make the assignments mode-agnostic at some point.
Seems like an odd reason to quit.

There's like 1 or 2 Arena challenges for weeklies and you can still finish way before the deadline if you ignore them. Not to mention you can still reroll the arena dailies and choose what mode you want them for.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like an odd reason to quit.

There's like 1 or 2 Arena challenges for weeklies and you can still finish way before the deadline if you ignore them. Not to mention you can still reroll the arena dailies and choose what mode you want them for.
Same, didn't do a single Arenas weekly challenge last season, played on average maybe 5-10 hours a week at most, and finished the BP with almost two weeks to spare.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've learned that the best players in Apex tend to hot drop Fragment, clean house, and move on to gain ridiculous RP . I've also learned that the worst players drop Fragment too, get mowed down in seconds and get zero dmg. The problem is that you never know which one you're dropping with when they ping Fragment.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Same, didn't do a single Arenas weekly challenge last season, played on average maybe 5-10 hours a week at most, and finished the BP with almost two weeks to spare.
Seconded; I was a little worried with that being rolled out last season, but I think they handled it well enough for players who play either both or one more to comfortably finish BP's.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
having to go back dropping solo to get a game. Too many people want to drop silly and die asap. Just think about it for 2 seconds so you can actually have a game. TDM would be perfect for these people.

[edit] and now games are registering. Goodbye RP gains.

Last edited:

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Hey all I'm asking this since it's not in the OT. Does cross-play have input-based matchmaking or nah? My friends and I are gonna squad up again and one of us is on PC since their PS4 died.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
How long does it usually take the prime gaming skins to show up? The Mirage and Seer ones aren't popping for me.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Hey all I'm asking this since it's not in the OT. Does cross-play have input-based matchmaking or nah? My friends and I are gonna squad up again and one of us is on PC since their PS4 died.

If you have someone on PC in your squad then you'll be put into PC lobbies. If you're all console, then you'll only be sent into console lobbies.

I prefer this way over Warzone's mixed bag approach.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
is the server messing up? i was having no problems all day and just maybe 30 minutes ago im getting major packet losses

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the tracker, like the skins but man 4K? Hope its either more than one week are REALLY generous with challenges this time around.
It's only one week but you can get 1300 points per day instead of the previous 1100. Sadly, that "2 wins in a row" challenge sucks and is 200 of those points.

You get 1300 points for these:
  • Play 5 matches
  • Win 3 matches
  • Win 2 matches in a row
  • Get 20 knockdowns
  • Deal 5000 damage

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ah well, I don't play Caustic and I'm just gonna use the Volt skin from the BP anyways. Nothing of value lost in not playing the event for me.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's what I thought. I only missed the Wraith one, but I claimed these two on Friday and they never showed. Gotta figure out which support I gotta talk to.
Let me know if you solve this! I've been having this issue ever since I moved to Steam. It's weird that the Prime claims don't work, but the Twitch drops for the in-game loading screens do.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
It's only one week but you can get 1300 points per day instead of the previous 1100. Sadly, that "2 wins in a row" challenge sucks and is 200 of those points.

You get 1300 points for these:
  • Play 5 matches
  • Win 3 matches
  • Win 2 matches in a row
  • Get 20 knockdowns
  • Deal 5000 damage
Of course, on the one time I'll be out of town mid-week too. XD
Sounds like I'll be aiming for the Volt Skin then. Been sitting on Arena's this season so I got plenty of BP stuff to also work on this week.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Of course my first arenas match after months of avoiding it has an afk teammate. Absolute garbage mode.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
fucking sick of my games not registering. Lost 100s of RP over the last few days because the guys who work on the netcode are behind HLDS in reliability.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Been playing Apex since launch, and last night was the first time I've ever seen someone use text chat.

"you guys are traaaaaash"

It was our team mate in ranked arenas. We lost after having gone down to the wire, with this guy never pushing with us even when the other team was on the back foot.

Amazes me that people spend energy and headspace in this way, particularly on console.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A team drops with us, first guy goes down, me and buddy kill two, buddy shield swaps off first guy's body to get last kill.

"Did you just take my shield?!"

*disconnects*

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Amazes me that people spend energy and headspace in this way, particularly on console.

A team drops with us, first guy goes down, me and buddy kill two, buddy shield swaps off first guy's body to get last kill.
"Did you just take my shield?!"
*disconnects*

yeah ive met a loooot of hotheads, entitled morons and idiots. One dude literally landed off by himself, and when i called him an idiot, he literally said "hey I'm the champion, i go whereever i want. you probably never even won a game before" like he won a fucking gold medal at the Olympics.