• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Ok, so I'm tired of being forced to play crossplay with PC players in Warzone, far too many hackers, lacking anti-cheat. I heard Apex was the solution. I come to this thread and see this on the latest page. Is it just just people playing Apex on PC that are experiencing this? Do console Apex players have a "safe-haven crossplay" between playstation and Xbox only?

I can't speak to the PC experience. I play on console and the cheaters I'm referring to are the constant stream of XIM and strike pack users. Shit is running rampant.

Also seem to be running into more and more teamers as time goes on. Not as common as the aforementioned XIM/strike pack but it happens way more than it should.

SanderJK

Oct 31, 2017
I saw my first almost certain hacker yesterday, playing solo unranked in a game with only a few diamond trails, I saw someone who from one building beyond hit 11 bullets with a flatline on sliding past a doorway me, downing me from a full purple shield. And then he downed my teammate in 0.1s too. Didn't seem right. I forgot to report or spectate though.

I'm a solid gold tier player, and that's where my unranked tends to hit too.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
I love Apex, its a bunch of fun. But starting to feel like everyone playing this game is way way better then I. I get to gold or Plat every season and then just get my ass handed to me over and over by people ducking and jumping like crazy people, haha my old hands can't keep up.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

I don't play on PC much so I'm not sure how annoying this is to play against on a regular basis, but some of the clips I've seen ARE pretty ridiculous lol. I also think the way people can reverse direction off a jump pad with it seems cheap, almost like an exploit. Maybe they could have somehow disabled it with some of those more specific maneuvers rather than get rid of it entirely, but I don't know.

Some pros are super pissed about this update (some aren't though).

This tap strate move wasn't really a thing for the first few seasons though, right? Plenty of other ways for movement gods to still outplay us normies.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
All I want is for them to adjust the game so I have time to react and escape after getting shot and the opponents I shoot have no time to react and escape and go down instantly. It'd be perfect!

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
All I want is for them to adjust the game so I have time to react and escape after getting shot and the opponents I shoot have no time to react and escape and go down instantly. It'd be perfect!
You can do that just fine the way the game is now. Especially compared to other FPS games I'm currently playing.

The TTK doesn't need to be increased.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Was a long time coming, and if I had been one of those top players constantly abusing tap strafing, I would've always expected it to get cut in the next patch. Every clip I ever saw of it just came across as breaking the movement physics of the game... because that's literally what it is, lol. Even if I never encountered it as a console player, I'm still glad it's gone. It was getting ridiculous.

It'll also be entertaining seeing those top pred streamers complain about it, honestly.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Aw man, I was just starting to get good at tap strafing.

Oh well!

btw, have the next collection event skins leaked yet?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a dog in the tap-strafe game but i'm sure there's a 100 other things they could be doing regarding accessibility without gutting high-level techs.

You can do that just fine the way the game is now. Especially compared to other FPS games I'm currently playing.

The TTK doesn't need to be increased.

I would say the hitreg and tickrate both need massive improvement. Too many times I've had multiple no-reg situations in a match and taken damage when in cover, or all at once because the server can't keep up with what's going on.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, all the good players in this game are still going to kick my ass so this doesn't make a difference to me lol.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
and this last game i had 3 longbow hits noreg after cracking a guy and bringing him to like 30hp. Meanwhile i take 250 damage in 0.2 seconds. It's ridiculous that the servers can be in this state.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I had to google what tap-strafing was lol

I don't even know if I do it in the game. I guess I'll know after the patch if I feel something's different

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, coming from a fighting game background, seems kinda wack to get rid of something that raises skill ceiling and isn't easy to do while it hardly breaks the game. I haven't seen it at full power so maybe I'm out of line.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
They are going to get too much flack and bring back the tap strafe. We need the advanced things to allow higher skill ceiling.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play on PC much so I'm not sure how annoying this is to play against on a regular basis, but some of the clips I've seen ARE pretty ridiculous lol. I also think the way people can reverse direction off a jump pad with it seems cheap, almost like an exploit. Maybe they could have somehow disabled it with some of those more specific maneuvers rather than get rid of it entirely, but I don't know.

Some pros are super pissed about this update (some aren't though).

This tap strate move wasn't really a thing for the first few seasons though, right? Plenty of other ways for movement gods to still outplay us normies.
Seeing a lot of Twitter salt from Streamers who already run circles around the average player. They need to go pickup a new game instead of complaining after every patch and throwing a hissy fit on Twitter acting like the devs need to take their opinions more seriously than the rest of the playerbase.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot of Twitter salt from Streamers who already run circles around the average player. They need to go pickup a new game instead of complaining after every patch and throwing a hissy fit on Twitter acting like the devs need to take their opinions more seriously than the rest of the playerbase.

It's fine, they'll be doing smurf runs to pred again shortly.

In all honestly this isn't even the first time Respawn did this, bunnyhop healing and the zipline jump stuff was pretty wild before. I'm not surprised this happened, and a lot of the people upset about a skillgap decrease weren't even doing this the skillful way and just mapped the up movement to scroll wheel.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere

Good had to look up what this was didn't know it had a name. I remember playing against a lifeline the other day and out of nowhere they just kick off a wall during a fire fight out of nowhere.
Oh damn the PC Pros always crying about Aim Assist are gonna have a field day with this.

I watched a pc player use a r-99 like a damn laser beam and they are complaining about aim assist?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
i got to understand how the game can show me doing 220 damage to a guy with a white shield and he still lives with 20 hp. Even the kill-feed after he burst me shows that i landed that much damage. what

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of clips you can find on this channel, but this is just one from yesterday if some people aren't super clear on what tap strafing looks like in practice.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Good had to look up what this was didn't know it had a name. I remember playing against a lifeline the other day and out of nowhere they just kick off a wall during a fire fight out of nowhere.

I watched a pc player use a r-99 like a damn laser beam and they are complaining about aim assist?
Trust me there's a lot of PC players who hate aim assist for some reason, but whenever I'm playing in PC lobbies I'm getting beamed from across the map with someone using a R-99. Not to mention the insane movement options they have.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
People pray a bit too hard on the altar of skill ceiling. Not everything that increases skill ceiling is good for the game. If they wanted firefights to just be pure mechanical skill, why not increase health to 10000 so we can see who can click on heads the best?

Tap strafing just leads to pretty obnoxious play patterns and the advantage to difficulty ratio is completely out of whack.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Trust me there's a lot of PC players who hate aim assist for some reason, but whenever I'm playing in PC lobbies I'm getting beamed from across the map with someone using a R-99. Not to mention the insane movement options they have.

The biggest gap that still exists to me with controller and pc is deathbox looting, you are a sitting duck on controller while kbm players can do instant shield swaps off boxes midfight. Not being able to move and loot on controller feels easily fixable if they let the triggers work as a scroll up/down with the right stick to select so movement is still enabled, idk why they haven't touched that at all.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the video about and I'm still not sure what tap strafing is. Is it wall bouncing? Something only done on PC, Kb/m?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
man dropping more damage then they have hp and shields and still not downing shit. Checked my connection, played other online mp, no problems. Is it just london server being garbage?

[edit]ya switched to Frankfurt and reg is loads better.

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
This is even better: Timmy showing it to shoud, and shroud saying it'll get definitely removed lol
www.youtube.com

IiTzTimmy Explains Movement Mechanics to Shroud - Apex Legends Highlights

IiTzTimmy Explains Movement Mechanics to Shroud - Apex Legends Highlights📨 Submit your clips ➡️ https://forms.gle/GTna7Wbwd7kS6Mek6🔹Twitter ➡️ http://bit.l...

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
This is even better: Timmy showing it to shoud, and shroud saying it'll get definitely removed lol
www.youtube.com

IiTzTimmy Explains Movement Mechanics to Shroud - Apex Legends Highlights📨 Submit your clips ➡️ https://forms.gle/GTna7Wbwd7kS6Mek6🔹Twitter ➡️ http://bit.l...

Timmy's video clearly shows why it's crazy good. I didn't get it until he explained it.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
www.youtube.com

Yeah that is a much better video. I'm all for it being removed since it isn't something that is readily accessible for controller players.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The Monster x Apex Legends promotion is on now and is whack as shit.

5 cans gets you ONE battle pass level, and then another at every 5 cans. 20 and 30 get you a rare Octane and Wraith skin. 10 gets you a volt skin, 40 gets you a charm and 50 gets you a holo.

I'd be fine with just the skins and not the BP levels but I don't think I'm gonna be downing 20-30 monsters.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Doing a little experiment on my alt account….I'm running Caustic and dropping fragment in ranked every game but in one smaller building away from the craziness. I'll get a gun and then start planting traps everywhere I can. In most games I'm getting 3-4 kills or assists by enemies fighting each other and triggering my traps. Caustic is also amazing for those Seer+Octane rushes and can really throw them off when they barge into an area that I've trapped.

Also, I've noticed that his gas now tracks where the enemy is if they trigger it. It's sort of a mini- scan. Very helpful in fights.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
For all the shit I gave her, I've been playing a lot more Valkyrie lately in my ranked climb and think she might be close to my new favorite legend. Her jetpack feels like the most versatile of the movement abilities, and she is a lot of fun. Also, I was definitely wrong about her ultimate. It has been very useful to reposition in ranked games or even use it for something like scouting an area alone, looting a package, and then ulting away in a flash. Even her tactical is a lot more useful than I originally thought. Often, I'll get someone down to low health, and then they'll be hiding behind cover, and the range and damage of her tactical are enough to either down them or force them to move out of cover and get downed.

She feels pretty solid balance-wise. I think it'd be nice if maybe they gave her tactical a lower cooldown or gave it something like "For each rocket that hits an opponent the cooldown is reduced by X" and also maybe slightly revert the jetpack nerf with regard to fuel.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
This shit is funny..

I find it funny IiTzTimmy's argument is that movement won't kill someone, but aim assist will. The delusion. It doesn't matter how good aim assist is. If you're a god at movement and decent enough to hit your shots then 9 times out of 10 you will win that fight. Aim assist isn't helping anyone if they don't even realize where to aim.

tHe oNe ThInG ThAt mAdE APex fUn wAs tHe MoVeMent. As if they still can't do all the awesome plays they were doing from Seasons 1 - 7 before tap strafing was discovered.

Anywho I don't even have a dog in the fight since I barely play on PC anymore. PC lobbies are so sweaty.

Last edited:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny IiTzTimmy's argument is that movement won't kill someone, but aim assist will. The delusion. It doesn't matter how good aim assist is. If you're a god at movement and decent enough to hit your shots then 9 times out of 10 you will win that fight. Aim assist isn't helping anyone if they don't even realize where to aim.

tHe oNe ThInG ThAt mAdE APex fUn wAs tHe MoVeMent. As if they still can't do all the awesome plays they were doing from Seasons 1 - 7 before tap strafing was discovered.

Anywho I don't even have a dog in the fight since I barely play on PC anymore. PC lobbies are so sweaty.
Medical grade copium being used in that vid, LMAO

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
Movement doesn't matter much at the highest level, imo. Snipedown moves like a truck, but he's probably the best, most consistent, controller player out there. Aiming and gamesense is king. So I can somewhat understand the M&K pros frustration right now.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Movement doesn't matter much at the highest level, imo. Snipedown moves like at truck, but he's probably the best, most consistent, controller player out there. Aiming and gamesense is king. So I can somewhat understand the M&K pros frustration right now.
Even so, they act as if aim assist is akin to hacks. When it comes to precise aiming M&K players still have the advantage, especially at mid - long range. The only time aim assist gives any advantage is in close encounters.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
Even so, they act as if aim assist is akin to hacks. When it comes to precise aiming M&K players still have the advantage, especially at mid - long range. The only time aim assist gives any advantage is in close encounters.

Dismissing the skills of controller players because of aim assist is just them being bitter and immature.

That said, close encounters are really fucking important in Apex. And controller players having an advantage there is significant.