• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
So is this game just going to become like Warzone with all the rampant cheating?

Probably. Already loads of it at the highest levels from some of the streams I've watched.

In other news, pulled a solo win after a typically dumbass hot drop from the dumpmaster. Guys didn't last past 30 seconds. Went the distance with 2k damage, 4 kills and 6 knocks. Divided the last squad with misdirection and destroyed them with an RE45. More proud of the 2 knocks on the way to 3rd circle, which were tactical knocks to keep 2 teams even in a fight so I could slip by whilst they nibbled at each other and pick my position for the next rotation.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Glad I'm taking a break from this game. Ranked became too stressful and pubs got boring after a while.

I'll probably be back sometime this week.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Seer has made me rethink the way I play this game, but in such a bad way.

If I see his ult active in the distance, I just avoid that battle entirely, even if it is a good opportunity to third-party the team. If I'm in a fight when it drops, I do my best to hunker down and not move unless necessary, or leave the bubble if I'm close to the edge of it.

Last night I fought a team where we had complete positioning advantage, but my teammates were already engaging when it was dropped, I move into help them and what do I find but Seer sitting in a corner right next to the "core". We lost the fight.

It continues to baffle me how they thought this was a good hero design, I can't even imagine what the next hero's abilities will be.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Glad I'm taking a break from this game. Ranked became too stressful and pubs got boring after a while.

I'll probably be back sometime this week.

I'm climbing on my alt account just so I can feel like I'm having fun again. Maybe Plat 3 is my natural plateau in this game in terms of skill but I find that hard to believe when 80% of my games have team mates hot dropping into fragment and getting melted. Then Ofcourse I try to rat it out the best I can with everyone running Seer and I barely clear 6RP after playing for 20 minutes. It's just not fun at all.

I do still love so many things about this game but they really fucked up with Seer and how he's affected the game. Hoping they get that big team battle/ TDM mode out soon. Either way, I'll be off this game for a long while come December 8th when Halo drops.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I'm climbing on my alt account just so I can feel like I'm having fun again. Maybe Plat 3 is my natural plateau in this game in terms of skill but I find that hard to believe when 80% of my games have team mates hot dropping into fragment and getting melted. Then Ofcourse I try to rat it out the best I can with everyone running Seer and I barely clear 6RP after playing for 20 minutes. It's just not fun at all.

I do still love so many things about this game but they really fucked up with Seer and how he's affected the game. Hoping they get that big team battle/ TDM mode out soon. Either way, I'll be off this game for a long while come December 8th when Halo drops.

You will have to get a dedicated 3 unfortunately. The people saying they solo queue to Diamond or Masters are usually just top 5% Apex players. I have my dedicated team who doesn't drop Fragment unless it's safe. And yes, I agree with you, the worst is having teammates who drop hot and die quick. Worst part is that I main lifeline and Crypto. So my job is either to rez you or respawn you. In both cases, I get abused if I'm not quick enough or if I respawn my teammates in a hot area because I'm limited on resources and have no mobile respawn beacon.

Timcanpies

Sep 17, 2020
Seer has made me rethink the way I play this game, but in such a bad way.

If I see his ult active in the distance, I just avoid that battle entirely, even if it is a good opportunity to third-party the team. If I'm in a fight when it drops, I do my best to hunker down and not move unless necessary, or leave the bubble if I'm close to the edge of it.

Last night I fought a team where we had complete positioning advantage, but my teammates were already engaging when it was dropped, I move into help them and what do I find but Seer sitting in a corner right next to the "core". We lost the fight.

It continues to baffle me how they thought this was a good hero design, I can't even imagine what the next hero's abilities will be.
Reminds me of the time they added Lion to Rainbow 6 siege. Just completely changed how people played the game. And not for the better.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

Mate I'd love it if they separated party and solo queue. Plat seemingly is you plus 2 of the Love Island cast vs a whole lobbies of parties.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I'm new to the game after having quit Warzone, enjoying the game overall, still getting used to how the guns work though, recoil seems really strong

However

HOLY SHIT, random teammates in this game are the WORST.
Hot dropping, 0 damage between them, instant D/C on being downed, seperating from group
I'm actually losing my fucking mind playing this game because of how god fucking awful 90% of my teammates are

I'm not good at the game, I'm a beginner, still learning, but JESUS FUCK some of these players think theyre fucking FaZe when they cant hit a stationary target from 2m away, and then insta-die and have the FUCKING AUDACITY TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

I legit dont know how people find enjoyment in this game queueing, loading, instadying and then queueing again just for that 1 in 50 time where you win the opening fight

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
You will have to get a dedicated 3 unfortunately. The people saying they solo queue to Diamond or Masters are usually just top 5% Apex players. I have my dedicated team who doesn't drop Fragment unless it's safe. And yes, I agree with you, the worst is having teammates who drop hot and die quick. Worst part is that I main lifeline and Crypto. So my job is either to rez you or respawn you. In both cases, I get abused if I'm not quick enough or if I respawn my teammates in a hot area because I'm limited on resources and have no mobile respawn beacon.

This is what I'm learning. It's going to be impossible to solo this to Diamond. My hope was that as I climbed in rank, I'd naturally find better teammates in solo. You'd think that'd be the case, right? Not so.

I had one group of randoms who were begging me to drop fragment and I said nope - we will drop some place near it and get our guns / set up and then maybe go in for third party clean up. I only agreed to this because this particular player was bigging himself up a lot and made it seem like he could team wipe squads solo. So we got our stuff and ran into Frag….He gets mowed down in less than .5 seconds (he was an octane so he got there first). We tried escaping but got killed instantly.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Mate I'd love it if they separated party and solo queue. Plat seemingly is you plus 2 of the Love Island cast vs a whole lobbies of parties.

At this point, I wish they'd just offer a solo BR mode. I used to defend Respawn's reasoning in this because the design is based around legends and Respawning team mates but I honestly think the situation is so bad that they should consider it.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I'm new to the game after having quit Warzone, enjoying the game overall, still getting used to how the guns work though, recoil seems really strong

However

HOLY SHIT, random teammates in this game are the WORST.
Hot dropping, 0 damage between them, instant D/C on being downed, seperating from group
I'm actually losing my fucking mind playing this game because of how god fucking awful 90% of my teammates are

I'm not good at the game, I'm a beginner, still learning, but JESUS FUCK some of these players think theyre fucking FaZe when they cant hit a stationary target from 2m away, and then insta-die and have the FUCKING AUDACITY TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

I legit dont know how people find enjoyment in this game queueing, loading, instadying and then queueing again just for that 1 in 50 time where you win the opening fight

Yup, as a former Warzone player, I had my fair share of bad teammates but oh man, pubs in Apex is 10x worse. That's why I almost exclusively play ranked now. You still get bad teammates in ranked, but it's much better than pubs.

This is what I'm learning. It's going to be impossible to solo this to Diamond. My hope was that as I climbed in rank, I'd naturally find better teammates in solo. You'd think that'd be the case, right? Not so.

I had one group of randoms who were begging me to drop fragment and I said nope - we will drop some place near it and get our guns / set up and then maybe go in for third party clean up. I only agreed to this because this particular player was bigging himself up a lot and made it seem like he could team wipe squads solo. So we got our stuff and ran into Frag….He gets mowed down in less than .5 seconds (he was an octane so he got there first). We tried escaping but got killed instantly.

Sounds about right with Octane mains. I queued up with a few Octane mains that actually played strategically and for the team. Also, one thing I noticed is that if the person doesn't have a mic on, they usually aren't very serious. I had my most successful matches with people who ping everything, or if they are always communicating on the mic,

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
At this point, I wish they'd just offer a solo BR mode. I used to defend Respawn's reasoning in this because the design is based around legends and Respawning team mates but I honestly think the situation is so bad that they should consider it.

I beleive they had this, but didn't it just make for people trying to camp all the time?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I beleive they had this, but didn't it just make for people trying to camp all the time?

Not sure they've ever tried it, actually. And honestly, Apex maps might not even be capable of properly giving 60 solo drops enough POI's to drop without always landing with people in the same area. It works for 20 teams in trio or 30 teams in duo, though.

Solos is nice though. I was playing Fortnite solo with my son and I got 5 wins in a row. My problem is that i just don't enjoy 3rd person shooters and the guns do not feel as good as Apex or Warzone (which is essentially the same mechanics in shooting).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Not sure they've ever tried it, actually. And honestly, Apex maps might not even be capable of properly giving 60 solo drops enough POI's to drop without always landing with people in the same area. It works for 20 teams in trio or 30 teams in duo, though.

Solos is nice though. I was playing Fortnite solo with my son and I got 5 wins in a row. My problem is that i just don't enjoy 3rd person shooters and the guns do not feel as good as Apex or Warzone (which is essentially the same mechanics in shooting).
There was a Solo LTM way back in the day

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Solos wasn't a campfest for me personally. Yeah you had the odd Wattson camping from what I remember, but most of the times it was Lifelines, Wraiths, and Pathfinders aggro pushing people.

Just bring it back for the weekends idc. I just miss solos :/

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder why some of you continue to put yourself through such frustration with this game lol. The misery in this thread is relentless.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

They had it and then took it away. I think having the option back would be nice.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
It may have taken 10 seasons, but I'm finally getting really into the G7. The gun is a beast. Just trying to figure out what I prefer to use alongside it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Solos was great, but it needed some adjustments. There needs to be some sort of instant shield regeneration or people dropping their shields after being killed or something to help fight against third parties because the last time it was third party central.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It may have taken 10 seasons, but I'm finally getting really into the G7. The gun is a beast. Just trying to figure out what I prefer to use alongside it.
I think the changes to marksman handling by way of sniper stocks made a big difference, the G7 and 30-30 are both super solid for me this season.

And I'm a big fan of running a Volt or Prowler alongside my marksman gun, you can add an R99 too but I've always sucked with it.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I think the changes to marksman handling by way of sniper stocks made a big difference, the G7 and 30-30 are both super solid for me this season.

And I'm a big fan of running a Volt or Prowler alongside my marksman gun, you can add an R99 too but I've always sucked with it.
Yeah right now I'm tending to use a spray weapon like volt/r99/LSTAR as the secondary. I keep wondering if I'm sleeping on shotguns.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in Plat ranked wanna grind some time? I'm in NA servers. Would love to have a solid, consistent team to grind with. :)

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yeah right now I'm tending to use a spray weapon like volt/r99/LSTAR as the secondary. I keep wondering if I'm sleeping on shotguns.
After the EVA nerf, I just can't get shotguns to work really well anymore. Every once in a while I smack someone full in the face with a Peacekeeper and think "ok this feels good" but then proceed to never land a hit again.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I do wonder why some of you continue to put yourself through such frustration with this game lol. The misery in this thread is relentless.
For real. I love the game but stopped playing because soloing is just not fun, my anxiety and frustration levels have dropped significantly.
It's just not worth it. I still watch streamers and collect free skins via twitch prime and PS+, it's enough for me lol

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I think the game is back to the Pathfinder meta. Started playing him again and he's just so strong against Seer and BH since he's so mobile. He can grapple the length of football field away from a Seer / BH rush.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
They really need to up the level requirements in order to play Ranked in this game. Like Level 50 I'd say. Unless hackers find a way to actually hack level progression...

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
PSA for those having problem with the hot drop nuts: Remember that picking your legend in the selection screen increases the chances of you being the jumpmaster. If you are the third to select and pick your legend, you will always be the jumpmaster.

I played on the Switch for the weekend. Instead of complaining about incompetent teammates, I became the incompetent one

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
PSA for those having problem with the hot drop nuts: Remember that picking your legend in the selection screen increases the chances of you being the jumpmaster. If you are the third to select and pick your legend, you will always be the jumpmaster.

I played on the Switch for the weekend. Instead of complaining about incompetent teammates, I became the incompetent one
Honestly need to pin this, keep seeing people forget this.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019

They just drop solo when I am the jumpmaster. Same result.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
plat is just infuriating solo. More idiots, more racists, more stress. Just 0 fun when everyone else seems to be in full parties vs you and a pair of mummified fig wasps.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
For real. I love the game but stopped playing because soloing is just not fun, my anxiety and frustration levels have dropped significantly.
It's just not worth it. I still watch streamers and collect free skins via twitch prime and PS+, it's enough for me lol

Yep. I'm avoiding Apex until hopefully that rumored deathmatch mode gets added. I sometimes think about re-installing it, but after a while it always becomes this timesuck that leaves me wondering, "Why do I play this?" I've been having decent fun just having Wigg, Shiv, and whoever else plays it on in the background as I do work, and saving myself the frustration.

I swear there are a couple of posters in this thread who - literally every one of their posts is a complaint about a team they just played with. I don't get it.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I should probably be on the lookout for hackers I guess lol, because I haven't really noticed anything different playing this summer.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So is this game just going to become like Warzone with all the rampant cheating?

I really need to stop playing on weekends too many fucking hackers, it's F N sad and pathetic..

Hackers are taking over, the cunt hackers from Warzone is coming here too..

2nd in game in row with hackers, in silver.

Ok, so I'm tired of being forced to play crossplay with PC players in Warzone, far too many hackers, lacking anti-cheat. I heard Apex was the solution. I come to this thread and see this on the latest page. Is it just just people playing Apex on PC that are experiencing this? Do console Apex players have a "safe-haven crossplay" between playstation and Xbox only?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Ok, so I'm tired of being forced to play crossplay with PC players in Warzone, far too many hackers, lacking anti-cheat. I heard Apex was the solution. I come to this thread and see this on the latest page. Is it just just people playing Apex on PC that are experiencing this? Do console Apex players have a "safe-haven crossplay" between playstation and Xbox only?

I don't have problem with hackers on PC. South America though, may be a problem in other regions.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I also don't really have a problem with hackers on PC, but I also suck, so maybe it's a problem with the sweatier lobbies.