• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Audio may be in a worse state than S1 right now lmfao
Yeah, just played a match of arenas in which footsteps were literally coming from below me when the actual guy was above me. I remember in the early 2000's you could actually easily track a player using sound (Quake 3 Arena / Return to Castle Wolfenstein), how come in 2021 this is so messed up?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Downloaded and gave Switch Apex a try. For science.

Wow, honestly, in handheld mode it's fairly playable. You can notice the drop in resolution in maps like Olympus, but in the small screen is very playable (only issue is that the controls aren't very ergonomic). Docked though it's just unplayable.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

Wow, honestly, in handheld mode it's fairly playable. You can notice the drop in resolution in maps like Olympus, but in the small screen is very playable (only issue is that the controls aren't very ergonomic). Docked though it's just unplayable.

The game would have been so much better if they rebuilt the game like they did for the Mobile phone version. And yes, I concur it's not bad in handheld(I main on Xbox but play on Switch).

Also, is anyone else getting a lot of DDos attacks on Apex ranked? I am getting it about once or twice a day at this point. I was thinking the servers were just bad because the game is super popular this season, but I chatted to my teammates on my last disconnect and they said they got hit too.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I wish they had a keep party option or something, especially in ranked, where you don't have to go through the whole invite process. Just something you could opt into in the match to keep things running.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Some hackers live long in this game, has a season 4 badge but none of the player's gun have recoil lol, even if you are the greatest player, the first few shots always have recoil then you adjust, first few shots for this player, got no recoil..

I think those are stolen accounts. I have seen accounts that have really old badges, no real skins etc using cheats. Very clearly dormant accounts that werent logged into for a long while.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
They improved his passive, not nerf it, they made it fucking worse, in FR and the heart beat is working at 60meters instead of 30meters, and it turns yellow when it identifies a player at 70 meters, before patch it was 30meter turn yellow and heart beat sounds, Respawn, WTF you doing?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
If I had to choose between taking damage and getting flashbanged over the interrupt, I'd rather they get rid of the interrupt. Tactical's also way too fucking loud on impact to where you can't hear people around you for, like, two seconds. The notes say they lowered the volume on it, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear it for myself.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Fortnite does the same thing on my son's Switch. Looks fine on the smaller screen but when he puts on our 50 inch 4K TV it looks potato as hell.

Obviously, the main draw about the Switch is it's portability though and that you can play Apex away from your main rig and not spend a fortune on a laptop etc….

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Wow. I really thought they'd over-nerf Seer like they always do. Maybe these changes will add up to being a good middle ground but I agree with everyone - the health interrupt is the main issue not the stupid 10 dmg.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So there's an interrupt still, but no flash? Still extremely frustrating.
Doesn't flash and doesn't do damage anymore, but still "stuns" you, interrupts heals/revives and still marks you for death for 8 seconds and reveals your health.

It also takes 2 miliseconds longer for it to hit you...like that's gonna make a fucking difference.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Yeah this feels more of a gentle nudge rather than a real course correction. The 10 damage or the flash wasnt the problematic part of his kit.

People will still hit that Tac, stop revives and heals, see the low healthbars and push like mad men. It actually does nothing really.

The delay in detonation is absolutely pointless too. If you are in the middle of a heal/rez, you STILL dont have time to get away from it . Do they expect players to sit around with low health or a downed player, let the Seer hit his tac, dodge it and THEN heal/rez?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Yeah this feels more of a gentle nudge rather than a real course correction. The 10 damage or the flash wasnt the problematic part of his kit.

People will still hit that Tac, stop revives and heals, see the low healthbars and push like mad men. It actually does nothing really.
The slow on cast might make it so people cant throw it out like a Rev Silence/Knuckle Cluster in the middle of a gunfight, but that's about it.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
The slow on cast might make it so people cant throw it out like a Rev Silence/Knuckle Cluster in the middle of a gunfight, but that's about it.

Problem is cancelling out of a heal/rez to dodge this is not possible, even with the delayed trigger. You WILL absolutely get interrupted. The only players who will have a chance at dodging this are the ones who really dont need to dodge it (players not healing or rezzing).

Not to mention their shitty 20hz servers where you get hit even when you have dodged it.

osodemolay

Oct 28, 2017
If they want to keep the interrupt, it should be something like:
- Only interrupt actions that are below 50% completed.
- It can't interrupt legend abilities (we have Revenant for that)

Or just change it that instead of interrupting, it slow down actions (for example, it takes 2 more seconds to heal)

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Slight de-tune but still pretty powerful. Will probably still have a near 100% pick rate in pro play.
Tactical still has the same range. Still disrupts heals and abilities. Still has the same radius. Still goes through walls. Still highlights you for 8 seconds. My naija brethren still top tier.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
For those unhappy with the Seer nerf, one of (the?) lead balancer had some insightful tweets on the current hotfix and further adjustments

TLDR: They're listening but these were essentially the easy\obvious nerfs that they could address with a hotfix, more adjustments are likely on the way.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Interrupt is never fun in anything and the passive is still babby's first intel with minimal cost.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Terrible changes, 3 weeks of a broken OP as fuck seer to still broken and op seer, just slightly less.

The two least problems were remove but kept the totally broken aspects?

All they have to do is (at the minimum)
Tactical:
Reduce tracking to 3 to 5 seconds
Interrupt should just pause any healing/revive not fully cancel (Devs said they will not change this sadly)
Reduce range and increase the timer

Passive
Make it so it does not detect full hp/reduce range to 15 meters

Ult just needs respawn timer increased to like 180 seconds.

Keep the 10 damage and flash as again they were hardly as much of an issue as the rest of the kit.
So dumb.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
His identity is going to always involve the interrupt, so yeah I don't expect that ever going away.

I still feel the same: his passive is the entire problem. The high payoff for the tac only makes sense if that passive is massively reigned in, and as it is the mere existence of this character and that stupid passive makes ratting or going to get banners effectively impossible. It is an absurd amount of power to have full uptime on, and is what lets him line up an ability that otherwise takes some amount of precision.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
If they really are tying his identity to his interrupt then I'm sorry Seer is a Legend that should have never came to be and does not belong in Apex Legends. He has too much of an unfair advantage.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
If they really are tying his identity to his interrupt then I'm sorry Seer is a Legend that should have never came to be and does not belong in Apex Legends. He has too much of an unfair advantage.
I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with an ability that interrupts heals, the problem imo is all the information Seer gets aside from that. If he couldn't dial in as easy to hit you when you're healing, and if it didn't reveal you for nearly as long, and it had a much larger cooldown and wind-down from casting to shooting, then I think it'd be a lot better feeling. If the tactical is going to interrupt, then it needs to be a true skill shot that is punishable if he misses. Have him do an animation where he has to call the drones back after the shot or something.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'm ok with the change for now, I think learning how to deal with other characters powers is part of the game and if it continues to be a problem Respawn will adjust it like they do with every other character. I would really like them to take the next season on fixing the little things that add up and old bugs like audio. IMO we are good on legends and I would rather they work on bug fixes and balancing. My wish list is kits for Legends where you could pick similar but different Alt abilities for Tactical and Ultimates.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
People are always salivating over who the next legend's going to be, but I also wish they would take at least one season off of doing that in favor of other improvements. I know they can't because of the built-in expectation, but I also think of how much of a nightmare it'll be to balance when they get to, say, 25 legends.

My favorite (recurring) bug recently has been audio from Countdown from when you activate those huge bridges is silent, and apparently the audio gets transferred over to Fragment West where it's blaring. Audio's straight up moving 200+ meters across the map.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly feels like they don't have people who play their game at a high level when I see stuff like that tbh - which I know isn't true, so I guess they just don't listen to them. I get wanting to use a scalpel instead of a hammer most of the time, but this is a situation where a hammer was necessary. The free interrupt and information without counterplay indeed makes this game worse in even mid-level play.

Feels like when capcom included an OP Yun in SF4ae just for there to be a "villain" character. Inane nonsense.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
For those unhappy with the Seer nerf, one of (the?) lead balancer had some insightful tweets on the current hotfix and further adjustments

TLDR: They're listening but these were essentially the easy\obvious nerfs that they could address with a hotfix, more adjustments are likely on the way.

I appreciate that they are working on this but I think its pretty weird how he acknowledges why the wall hack meta feels so cheap but doesn't want to put a "band aid" fix on the situation by tweaking other legends abilities to counter it. The reasoning is that they don't want you to feel like you have to pick a legend solely to counter Seer but the main reason they're picking him is because you have to have a Seer on your team to win now. Right now the only real counter to Seer is another Seer.

The following suggestions aren't "band aid"fixes - they're counters to Seer:

1) Bang's smoke should 100% block Seers / BH scans. This is a no brainer.

2) Mirage's decoys should 100% look like a real player when scanned. Another no brainer.

3) Pathfinder and Revenant shouldn't even show up in scans because they're damn robots and don't even have a heartbeat. 😂

That list has 4 legends for people to atleast try to counter this situation. Or they could do the right thing and nerf Seer into the ground so people wouldn't pick him. Never gonna happen.

Apex is now the #3 game on XBL so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that a lot of players love wall hacks.

Edit: toned down my rant

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

The other problem is that Bloodhound didn't appear to be OP before S10 but add a Seer+BH and any high mobility legend and we've got a really nasty and cheap meta on our hands.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is happening when I see an enemy moving like a slideshow? I just played an arenas match on ps5 where an enemy was impossible to hit because his character was just teleporting every few feet. Is it someone with a bad connection? Or is it intentional like a lag switch from the early 2000s? It just seemed odd that he happened to be the hardest to kill on the enemy team and had the most damage. It's not the first time it's happened but I've just never understood what is going on.

Spoiler alert: I switched to a spray weapon and still won. Better luck next time bruh.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Either the interrupt or the passive has to go. The combination of them is what still very overpowered. I didn't had much issues being hit by the thing while in battle now that it doesn't do damage, but yeah, when they can so easily pinpoint your location, cancel your heal and ambush you, it's pretty obvious that it is still too much.

And add me to the pile of people that feel that legends need to counter this. Rev and Path not being scanned by lack of heartbeats makes sense, but it would probably make them even more overused than in the previous season lol