• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I feel like a lot of players don't know that you can control Mirage's decoys. There are tons of bad Mirage players that just send out their decoy in a straight line and yeah.... Mirage is pretty useless then. But if you can use his decoys effectively you can bamboozle even the best players and he's definitely a solid pick.

Also his res is arguably better than lifeline's in a lot of situations.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of players don't know that you can control Mirage's decoys. There are tons of bad Mirage players that just send out their decoy in a straight line and yeah.... Mirage is pretty useless then. But if you can use his decoys effectively you can bamboozle even the best players and he's definitely a solid pick.

Love mirage. Always play with him like i'm taking the piss.

half my ranked games are solo right now. Too many bad players dropping fragment and dying asap. They don't even adjust their landing or pay attention to enemy squads, they just land, fight over a mozambique and then ping spam and bark racist shit over mic in their French accents.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Been a Mirage main forever. He's underrated for sure. Moving his decoy is crucial and I agree i never see people doing this. If I'm being chased out in the open I'll wait until I cross over a hill and then pop a decoy going right or left from my position and then wait a few seconds before I control it so it legit looks like another me running around out there. Works all the time.

His ult is a godsend for when BH ults. It's a direct counter to him since the decoys show up in red.

His Rez is definitely one of the best in the game too.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
What guns are people running in ranked for WE? Feel like I need to switch off the G7/ Hemlock and replace it with a Longbow. Keep my r301 / Flatline for close to mid.

I'm getting cracked by snipers left and right on WE.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
drop with squad, -24rp. drop without squad, 100+ and kills. Ranked fucking sucks in gold.

ranked fucking sucks solo anyway, should really not put parties with solo players.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
drop with squad, -24rp. drop without squad, 100+ and kills. Ranked fucking sucks in gold.

ranked fucking sucks solo anyway, should really not put parties with solo players.

Solo'ing gold atm and I am doing the same thing. Drop with squad, automatic -24rp everyone dead in less than a minute. Drop nearby and play a normal game and wind up netting 100 by just taking a little less risk. Still engaging in fights, but using a little restraint before jumping in to bad fights.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
What guns are people running in ranked for WE? Feel like I need to switch off the G7/ Hemlock and replace it with a Longbow. Keep my r301 / Flatline for close to mid.

I'm getting cracked by snipers left and right on WE.

Yea I've noticed a big increase of snipers.

My preferred loadout is volt/longbow
301/volt
L star/ flatline

Mix and match basically.
Sometimes the volt just fucking shreads so easily, other times it's annoying bad( down to netcode I bet even though it doesn't feel laggy)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yea I've noticed a big increase of snipers.

My preferred loadout is volt/longbow
301/volt
L star/ flatline

Mix and match basically.
Sometimes the volt just fucking shreads so easily, other times it's annoying bad( down to netcode I bet even though it doesn't feel laggy)

Yeah I think longbow or even charge rifle for sniping plus a good AR is the way to go on WE.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've been off Apex since about Season 4. Getting back into it now.

What's the meta around the weapons these days? Seems like that new heavy lmg is all the rage.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I've been off Apex since about Season 4. Getting back into it now.

What's the meta around the weapons these days? Seems like that new heavy lmg is all the rage.
Things are pretty balanced right now IMO. Comes down to comfort and playstyle when deciding your ideal loadouts. Longbow and Rampage are great options from distance. The L-Star received a buff to make it handle more like an AR than an SMG. Its rare DPS is pretty filthy. Wingman and R-99 are still deadly in the right hands. The 301 is probably the best gun in the game for Gold tier and under players thanks to ease of use. Eva-8 and Peacekeeper are good up close but the Mastiff feels fairly weak right now.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can only imagine how much adderall he had to take to be able to play that many hours straight.

Shit is beyond unhealthy even though he made bank doing it.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Doing that shit solo is what is unhealthy haha.

Hope he rests up and doesn't do it again, very unhealthy going even a quarter of that time without sleep

But seriously, he deserves all the success, nice guy too.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got to Plat yesterday after grinding from Gold 3 this week. It was noticeably harder than other times I've done this because I was presumably climbing back up to Plat with other plats on the reset. I thought I might have the stomach to grind to Diamond but if everyone keeps hot dropping into Frag, which I refuse to do, it just forces me to rat it out for minimal RP solo and it's mega time consuming and frustrating.

I respawned an idiot TWICE who dropped Frag and died and he ran right back in a died again. Frag is literally like a bug zapper for some morons. They can't resist the light and get melted.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Another day another fragment drop with salty toxic duos who got mad because I peeled off and dropped somewhere sensible, whilst they died 15 seconds within landing despite finding purples. Went on to top 3 with 4 kills and could of had the win if i was a little more patient with the last fight.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to Plat yesterday after grinding from Gold 3 this week. It was noticeably harder than other times I've done this because I was presumably climbing back up to Plat with other plats on the reset. I thought I might have the stomach to grind to Diamond but if everyone keeps hot dropping into Frag, which I refuse to do, it just forces me to rat it out for minimal RP solo and it's mega time consuming and frustrating.

I respawned an idiot TWICE who dropped Frag and died and he ran right back in a died again. Frag is literally like a bug zapper for some morons. They can't resist the light and get melted.

are you me?

Yeh this climb into solo plat has been really, really testing me lol. I'm actually looking forward to the split, even though I hate the shit out of Olympus. At least Olympus has 4 different fragment-like areas to split things up a bit.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

In Plat, you will need a consistent team. Solo queuing in Plat or higher needs you to carry your team. I'm currently mudded in Plat 4 because I can't find a consistent trio for good comms and rotations.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
are you me?

Yeh this climb into solo plat has been really, really testing me lol. I'm actually looking forward to the split, even though I hate the shit out of Olympus. At least Olympus has 4 different fragment-like areas to split things up a bit.

Shit. Wait - I thought KC was the next ranked split. Did that change?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
In Plat, you will need a consistent team. Solo queuing in Plat or higher needs you to carry your team. I'm currently mudded in Plat 4 because I can't find a consistent trio for good comms and rotations.

I agree. My problem is that I tend to play worse with a premade squad. No clue why that is. Could be nerves or talking too much on comms and miss the sound of footsteps on us. I don't know how people like Nice Wigg can be talking the whole time and responding to stream comments and on a dime stop when they hear footsteps.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I agree. My problem is that I tend to play worse with a premade squad. No clue why that is. Could be nerves or talking too much on comms and miss the sound of footsteps on us. I don't know how people like Nice Wigg can be talking the whole time and responding to stream comments and on a dime stop when they hear footsteps.

I believe they use dual audio aka Discord for talking and then game audio. I've done this before and it works better than using VC and game audio in a single source.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Here me out: Crypto should be undetectable from BH/BValk/Seer scans if he's in his drone. That would make it a more balanced risk/reward system where you are a sitting duck in your drone, but undetectable. Right now, Crypto is useless against BH or Seer, especially if you wanna get into drone and collect teammates banners.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I don't think there's any specific rule that balance patches have to come at the same time as content patches. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if the patch isn't available in a couple minutes.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just remove the healing interrupt on Seer's tac. Not even sure it needs much more after getting used to him in the game. The 10 dmg is really stupid but not as bad as the healing interrupt.

And make his cool down on ult a tad longer maybe.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Just remove the healing interrupt on Seer's tac. Not even sure it needs much more after getting used to him in the game. The 10 dmg is really stupid but not as bad as the healing interrupt.

And make his cool down on ult a tad longer maybe.
His passive needs the most nerf, it's free, undetectable, and uncounterable intel.

When a Seer isn't fighting they just constantly spin around with no gun out until they detect another squad.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Zero chance they'll get this Seer nerf right the first time regardless of how long they take to test and whatnot. Should've rolled out something for now at least.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They really should have just thrown a snap nerf even if there was a bigger patch coming. Genuinely surprised they're fine leaving the game like this for another week.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just in scrub lobbies but I haven't been running into many enemy Seers screwing me over lol. I feel like I'm playing a different game than some of you, which may be accurate since somehow I have half of the wins of the entire previous season already (no, I'm not playing any better). I feel like the matchmaking drastically changes for me every season in one direction or the other. It's very strange.

I feel like I'm getting far more annoyed by Fuse. Having a good time though.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The BH + Seer + mobility legend is just oppressive as hell. Running into a lot more Pathfinders lately with this combo and it's really annoying how fast you can get jumped.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
His passive needs the most nerf, it's free, undetectable, and uncounterable intel.

When a Seer isn't fighting they just constantly spin around with no gun out until they detect another squad.

Nerf the distance on the passive. I don't know how they'll be able to do a re-work on it by next week but they can adjust the distance it sees heartbeats and it would help.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Even a quick nerf that reduces range, remove interruption and makes his tactical and ult longer between uses would have been a good quick nerf. Currently he is just so busted and the fact nothing has been done is frustrating.

Makes all other moments when something or someone was considered op seems so insignificant now haha.
I'm done with ranked until he is nerfed.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was an interesting audio bug. My whole squad was hearing it, so probably everyone else too...haha.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'd like everyone to sit back and imagine Apex without a single wall hack legend in the game. Imagine how different this game would feel and for the better. For one thing, you'd have way less accurate third partying. Sure, the enemy can still hear that you're engaged in a fight but they wouldnt know the exact floor you're on in the building that you're having the fight! Now all it takes is "oh there's gunfire 500 yards away" and run directly into the fight, scan with Seer and BH and get the exact locations of everyone involved and then just pathfinder zip or octane pad directly into the fight.

Hiding and using cover to surprise an enemy team would be a viable tactic again.

If you're forced to rat out a match you'd actually have a chance at getting to the last squad because you're not getting scanned every 25 seconds.

I really believe this shit will ultimately kill the game unless they figure out a way to make choosing wall hack characters less of a must have in every squad. They might just need to pull an Overwatch move and force people to choose one of each role - One scan, one DPS, one tank, etc….The BH+Seer thing is out of control.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think that Bloodhound is pretty balanced honestly. They can only scan for a brief period of time, in a specific angle that leaves your back exposed. The ultimate is scary to face, but far from unbeatable. Sure you can trace people but the traces sometimes are misleading and can lead to an ambush, and if you combine it with the tactical, it can also lead to give away your own position.

Seer's ultimate is a complete dome that gives position of the team you are going to attack AND if another team will attack you behind your back. AND you get to detect people through the passive, combined with the disrupt + detect + showing shields and health. You could be giving your position with Seer's tactical, but the disrupt makes it impossible for the enemy to actually pinpoint your position.

The other recon are barely recon at this point, except for very specific tasks.

The Revtane + BH combos we had last season weren't as disruptive as a single legend this time.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who plays a lot of Pathfinder, this is so satisfying.

Give me an LTM of this with 60 Pathfinders and snipers only.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Maybe I'm just in scrub lobbies but I haven't been running into many enemy Seers screwing me over lol. I feel like I'm playing a different game than some of you, which may be accurate since somehow I have half of the wins of the entire previous season already (no, I'm not playing any better). I feel like the matchmaking drastically changes for me every season in one direction or the other. It's very strange.

I feel like I'm getting far more annoyed by Fuse. Having a good time though.

Matchmaking is ridiculously lopsided season to season for myself and many others I know too. One season I can have a win rate of 2% and kd/r of less than one, next season I'm winning 10% of my games and nearing 2 k/dr. How is that even possible outside of matchmaking sorcery from Respawn? I for one am having a great season after a miserable season last time nearly quitting the game.