• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Lead comms already defended him, jack is being done in response

Fantastic, always nice to see such things being taken so seriously. /s

Can't say I'm surprised as it only received a passing mention here in the thread too.
The guy's post in addition to the racism and misogyny being displayed was absolutely cringeworthy to read. I don't know what the response was but it's pretty indefensible despite being 'only 30' at the time of writing.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
can we take a moment to discuss the concept that is called "dibs"? When you call dibs on an object, that means it is mine. It also means you can't just take it because you're a douchebag. Twice today this has happen. If you steal my shit, i will not revive you when you die like a chump. That is all.

2879057.jpg
I let it go as long as they are pinging stuff too. The worst are the users who ping nothing but are and instant dibs on every item.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
If I could permanently play every game in Silver IV I would basically never stop playing. It's pure bliss.

Max I have ever gone is Plat 2.

And I feel like Silver is the place where you find the people that play the most sensibly and have the most fun games. Bronze players are mostly too new to know what to do. Gold and Plat players all think they are Imperialhal and want to drop hot all the time.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Max I have ever gone is Plat 2.

And I feel like Silver is the place where you find the people that play the most sensibly and have the most fun games. Bronze players are mostly too new to know what to do. Gold and Plat players all think they are Imperialhal and want to drop hot all the time.
Made it to Diamond solo last season and Plat was a brutal toxic grind.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Plat is infuriating if you are solo q'ing (which I was). Nothing made me hate this game's player base more than that. :P

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Plat is infuriating if you are solo q'ing (which I was). Nothing made me hate this game's player base more than that. :P
For sure. The amount of toxicity I would get nearly every game was brutal. Every few games I would get paired with a good group and that would give me energy to keep playing. I had aspirations to try and get Master but once I hit Diamond I played maybe 1 or 2 matches and then gave up.

I really enjoy the silver and gold lobbies.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
For sure. The amount of toxicity I would get nearly every game was brutal. Every few games I would get paired with a good group and that would give me energy to keep playing. I had aspirations to try and get Master but once I hit Diamond I played maybe 1 or 2 matches and then gave up.

I really enjoy the silver and gold lobbies.

I swear it would be great for my mental health if this wasnt true. :P

Its the good games that keep you going and put yourself through infuriating ones.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Finally got the chance to play with Rampage and it's the real deal.. Going to quickly become one of my favorite guns. I think they should change the Spitfire to maybe switch it to light ammo and increase its ROF with a bit of a drawback in range. Anything to differentiate the two guns a bit more.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Seer isn't too terrible. I've gotten better at dodging the tactical. Definitely needs to be toned down though. I say make his tactical less wide and less range, with a slightly longer windup time. You can keep all the effects but make tracking last half as long. Nerf the shit out of his passive, like 40 meters. Make the ult a little smaller and I think he's good to go.

realweirdo

Alt-Account
Jul 8, 2021
Finally got the chance to play with Rampage and it's the real deal.. Going to quickly become one of my favorite guns. I think they should change the Spitfire to maybe switch it to light ammo and increase its ROF with a bit of a drawback in range. Anything to differentiate the two guns a bit more.

I'm not sure what it is but I just cannot use this gun. With, or without revving it up I miss shots that I feel I should be hitting. If I had to rate it as a heavy weapon then I might put it above the hemlok and 30-30 but below everything else.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Solo queue plat to diamond is certainly doable but probably the least fun possible in this game.
Especially in a season like this, I've given up hope of doing that like I did the past two seasons.

Also, yeah, griefing Seers when I can has become the new way to have fun. Revenge for all the god damn grief I get facing them, lol.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I'm not sure what it is but I just cannot use this gun. With, or without revving it up I miss shots that I feel I should be hitting. If I had to rate it as a heavy weapon then I might put it above the hemlok and 30-30 but below everything else.

Treat it almost like a G7, don't just spray but do one shot taps. Thats how to be most accurate with it. The recoil pattern x fire rate make it hard to control when you spray it.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Daily "Nerf Seer; he sucks" post.

On a more positive note, I have been seeing less people dropping fragment East in ranked in Gold/Plat. Finally getting good mid/end games.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Starting to think the split ranked reset is a bad idea and de-motivating. I don't understand the point of it. If they're going to reset me back to Silver 4 then do it once a season, not two. It's not like someone like me could get to Predator if I had a whole season anyways- I'm not good enough. It wouldn't be some endless upward climb because we'd hit our natural ceiling at some point. People have jobs and family and it takes time to climb on weekends and available free time but that doesn't mean I'm a Silver / Gold player and should have to wade through this crap twice a season just to get back to Plat 2 every split where I start to see consistently good team mates.

Maybe I should quit ranked but it's still way better than pubs in almost every way.

Oct 29, 2017
As a casual solo player who just knocked out my first 20 games of Season 10, here are some points, many that Im sure have been repeated....

- Seer is, indeed, in need of a nerf. And Im historically anti-nerf. Dont make characters/guns worse, make other character/guns feel as good... but to a point.
- Fragment , nuff said.
- I've had bad games thus far, but heating up (last 3 have been my best, at least 3 kills and 800+ damage with zero support). It's hard to get a rhythm of the game when in 45 minutes of play time, you've easily spent less than 10 minutes playing, broken up in 6 or 7 games. I still get surprised at times HOW FAST my teammates go down. Like, I dropped with ya'll and my feet just hit, how are you BOTH down already?
- Still love the bow, Rampage still need to get a feel for.

Anyways, despite that I feel that I can play for an hour and not have one good game, while other games Im into right now (Rogue Company, Splitgate) Im almost guaranteed to have a good time.... I still come back to this - something is wrong with my brain! lol

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Does the fourth daily challenge always change to Respawn a teamate the first time you switch it from an Arena challenge to BR? I've noticed it every time I've changed it this week.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Loving the Rampage with and without a Thermite

Shooting with this gun just feels satisfying somehow

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
These are the nerf i am looking for, but knowing Respawn they still leave him OP.

Passive from 75meters to 20meters with a cool down of 10secs when it identifies an enemy.

Tactical has to lose the interrupt healing/action..why the fuck this character has 2 interrupts? balancing Respawn sheeeesh.

His Ultimate dome needs to shrink by 50%, i don't have a problem with his ultimate interrupting players since it's an Ultimate, but the size of it is BULLSHIT. The cooldown of 90sec can stay if those changes are made, otherwise if you don't touch the ultimate his cooldown should be 3mins.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Does the fourth daily challenge always change to Respawn a teamate the first time you switch it from an Arena challenge to BR? I've noticed it every time I've changed it this week.
It certain seems to be a high likelihood. I swapped that one from Arena four times this week and got "respawn a teammate" three times.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
That's funny because the Hemlock and 30-30 are the two best heavy weapons right now imo.

Prowler > Flatline > Rampage > Wingman > Hemlock > 30-30

That's my heavy weapon tier list. The 30-30 hits less and shoots slower than the Wingman. When you compare the damage output to the Hemlock or G7, there's really no reason to use it. Maybe you could argue that the first shot extra damage helps with the time to kill, but at any decent level of play holding still with a weapon that kills your ADS strafe speed is a recipe to get yourself killed. At range I think it's outclassed by the bow and longbow.

I don't hate the hemlock, it's just not in a good spot at most ranges. The 301 and a good player with the flatline will outperform you at mid-ranges, at long ranges the G7 or even Rampage tend to fair better.

realweirdo

Alt-Account
Jul 8, 2021
Prowler > Flatline > Rampage > Wingman > Hemlock > 30-30

That's my heavy weapon tier list. The 30-30 hits less and shoots slower than the Wingman. When you compare the damage output to the Hemlock or G7, there's really no reason to use it. Maybe you could argue that the first shot extra damage helps with the time to kill, but at any decent level of play holding still with a weapon that kills your ADS strafe speed is a recipe to get yourself killed. At range I think it's outclassed by the bow and longbow.

I don't hate the hemlock, it's just not in a good spot at most ranges. The 301 and a good player with the flatline will outperform you at mid-ranges, at long ranges the G7 or even Rampage tend to fair better.

Put the wingman on top of that list and that's pretty much mine.

The 30-30 is such a weird weapon in that it does the same thing that other weapons do, but worse. It's like a downgraded version of the longbow, wingman, and G7.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Wingman is probably my least favorite weapon in the game next to the P2020. 😂

Hemlock and Flatline are my go to's.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

The 30-30 is such a weird weapon in that it does the same thing that other weapons do, but worse. It's like a downgraded version of the longbow, wingman, and G7.

Agree with this. Wingman is just so efficient at all ranges. Close range hip fire or ADS can get off good shots.

Mid range headies are just so satisfying and you can break down SMG or AR users.

Long range, with patience, you can hit people and cause them to head back into cover or run away.

The damage output is just so good that it's often my favorite weapon to use on hit drops. It also doesn't require alot of ammo so you can carry alot more for your other weapon.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Agree with this. Wingman is just so efficient at all ranges. Close range hip fire or ADS can get off good shots.

Mid range headies are just so satisfying and you can break down SMG or AR users.

Long range, with patience, you can hit people and cause them to head back into cover or run away.

The damage output is just so good that it's often my favorite weapon to use on hit drops. It also doesn't require alot of ammo so you can carry alot more for your other weapon.

I want to love it but the kick back animation throws my aim off so much. Especially when I'm ADS'ing. I wish I could land shots with it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I ran into the not drawing special moves bug twice last night, both times same Wraith using Que making her completely invisible and destroying my squad, starting to think it might be an exploit and not a bug..

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The loot continues to be a problem I face rather frequently. Too many drop to POI with nothing but a grenade and items. A lot of times not even items, just blank sheets.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I just played Seer for the first time myself last night after taking a few days break. He's a really fun character to play for sure, but yeah he really needs a nerf. His skill should not interrupt and damage enemies. Once they eliminate those things I think he will be closer to a balanced character. Probably can do with a cooldown increase for his Ultimate as well. I felt like I always had that thing ready to go, which is huge. But the interrupt and damage from his skill are the biggest ones in my eyes that need to be removed.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I really think Seer's design was based off Lil Nas X. Or atleast that was the starting point in his design.

You never know….Celebrities being the creative spark for design could one day inspire a legend that looks exactly like Oprah….or Bieber. The possibilities are endless.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Is it just in my region that you often get matched up with Bronze players while being in Silver yourself? Avoiding that is one reason why I want to get to Gold asap... But overall ranked play is so much better than unranked.

I don't think there is any guarantee you don't get others from ranks below you until you reach Platinum or Diamond where they guarantee no one will be more than 1 level above/below you. I am probably off but I thought I remember seeing that somewhere.

Last edited:

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Watching the Warzone streamers getting destroyed in Diamond is so aggravating for me to watch for two reasons

1) They need to change the point values so that the skill difference between Diamond and Plat isn't so drastic. It goes from "I'm really good at this game" to "I should delete the game because I'm trash". Plat should be harder than it is. Diamond can stay the same. Personally I think you should be able to rank down full tiers Diamond onwards.

2) They camp/avoid fights till top 10 and then die the first fight they get into causing a -24 or so point value. These players can hit their shots definitely, and have decent game sense/positioning sense, but man. They choose the worst fights to push.

realweirdo

Alt-Account
Jul 8, 2021
I want to love it but the kick back animation throws my aim off so much. Especially when I'm ADS'ing. I wish I could land shots with it.

What I learned from using it is that you can shoot the gun faster than the reticle can reset itself back into the position between shots, so rather than spamming it's in your best interest to wait the additional .02 secs (or whatever it is) for the reticle to reset. Basically, you need to be more deliberate with your shots and learn to shoot the gun slightly slower than it allows. I'm still not amazing with it, but I've gotten much better since I've forced myself to relearn the timing.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I don't think the wingman is bad at all, or necessarily worse than guns like the rampage but the thing is that most players will run guns like prowler or flatline up close which doesn't put the wingman in a good spot at close ranges, so it's only really viable as a secondary for poking realistically. Whereas the other guns in that category tend to be more versatile.

SanderJK

Oct 31, 2017
The weird thing about GaaS games is that the more successful they are, the more tedious they may be to work on it.
For all the eternal yammering, Apex is quite successful 10 seasons in, and the work stays mostly the same. New Map, New Skins, New Character, Balance changes.... if you have grand plans about game design there comes a time to find something else.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
What I learned from using it is that you can shoot the gun faster than the reticle can reset itself back into the position between shots, so rather than spamming it's in your best interest to wait the additional .02 secs (or whatever it is) for the reticle to reset. Basically, you need to be more deliberate with your shots and learn to shoot the gun slightly slower than it allows. I'm still not amazing with it, but I've gotten much better since I've forced myself to relearn the timing.

I'll give that a try in the firing range. Thanks.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just had one of those encounters with Seer that makes people want to throw your controller through the window.

It was a ranked match where we hot dropped into that new area by Epicenter. Both teammates were downed but I managed to drop 2 of the 3 enemy squad. Last enemy was ofcourse, a Seer. We went back and forth landing damage and I cracked his shield so he went behind pillar to heal up and I did the same behind a crate because I was mega low on health. He shot his tactical which not only stopped my heal, but did enough damage to kill me.

Fuck all of this shit. Next week can't come soon enough for his balance patch.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Just had one of those encounters with Seer that makes people want to throw your controller through the window.

It was a ranked match where we hot dropped into that new area by Epicenter. Both teammates were downed but I managed to drop 2 of the 3 enemy squad. Last enemy was ofcourse, a Seer. We went back and forth landing damage and I cracked his shield so he went behind pillar to heal up and I did the same behind a crate because I was mega low on health. He shot his tactical which not only stopped my heal, but did enough damage to kill me.

Fuck all of this shit. Next week can't come soon enough for his balance patch.

The fact that it does all it does including damage THROUGH WALLS while stopping heals is straight up nonsense. Dude doesn't need to get the caustic treatment but he needs to get hit pretty hard. Way worse than s7 horizon or s2 wattson ever was.