• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017

So, apparently this is in the game since season 1? Just found out about it by accident. Good to know, I guess.

Before OP Seer showed up, IMO i thought Gibby was the best Legend in the game, passive shield that can absorb some damage, a protective dome that blocks all damage with super quick rez, his rez in the dome makes Lifeline look like shit, and and strong ult.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I think I am done with this season till Seer gets dialed back down.

This is not fun. It is frustrating as fuck and should never have been in the game. His passive is broken. His tactical is super broken. And his Ult is kinda broken. And if you have 2-3 of them in an area the visual clutter is just insane.

Worlds edge Frag west drops arent helping but that I can live with. Seer is just sheer frustration.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Seems like the only way to advance in this season is by playing extremely careful. Third partying is even worse now with Seer, so the game rewards being careful. This meta feels so different to the previous ones. I think that having a Loba in the team is more important now to be able to loot ammo at a distance.

One of the biggest problems of Seer's tactical is that it gives you way too less time to react. Since you can't know where it's coming, when you're in the stun tunnel it gives you this warning sign but half a second later it already hits you. Whats the point of letting you know you're in danger if you can't move out of it? When Valk dropped, the predictable pattern of the missiles + the time it takes to hit you allows for at least some way of avoiding them, but with Seer they completely overlooked this.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think I am done with this season till Seer gets dialed back down.

This is not fun. It is frustrating as fuck and should never have been in the game. His passive is broken. His tactical is super broken. And his Ult is kinda broken. And if you have 2-3 of them in an area the visual clutter is just insane.

Worlds edge Frag west drops arent helping but that I can live with. Seer is just sheer frustration.

Season 10 OT: This is Seer Frustration

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the only way to advance in this season is by playing extremely careful. Third partying is even worse now with Seer, so the game rewards being careful. This meta feels so different to the previous ones. I think that having a Loba in the team is more important now to be able to loot ammo at a distance.

One of the biggest problems of Seer's tactical is that it gives you way too less time to react. Since you can't know where it's coming, when you're in the stun tunnel it gives you this warning sign but half a second later it already hits you. Whats the point of letting you know you're in danger if you can't move out of it? When Valk dropped, the predictable pattern of the missiles + the time it takes to hit you allows for at least some way of avoiding them, but with Seer they completely overlooked this.

You're right, Valk's tactical is really hard to use, similar to Fuse. There's ample "get out of Dodge" time and those tacs are dependent on having enough room. Seer can tac people through two buildings.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The tactical doesn't even make sense in the game's own lore/logic. How are microdrones going through solid surfaces?

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Why did they name him Seer and not Meta? The team with the best Seer usually just wins the round these days

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
god I hate ranked players so much.

Yeah no shit I'm not the best player, that's why I am in Bronze IV, just like you dickhead, shouting at me from your mic after YOU died. Way to destroy any fun this mode might have otherwise.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of dicks out there. Best to ignore them and/or put them on mute.
If someone talks shit and behaves like a little kid, well, I'm just gonna mute them immediately.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah no shit I'm not the best player, that's why I am in Bronze IV, just like you dickhead, shouting at me from your mic after YOU died. Way to destroy any fun this mode might have otherwise.
Sounds familiar. You probably won't miss out on much, if you just mute your squad at the beginning of the match. I play this game since it first came out, almost never mute my team mates, and I remember only one occasion where having voice chat on has truly enhanced my experience.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The dev team did a Reddit AMA and said that Seer would get some balance adjustments in an upcoming patch (Specifically, said it would be sooner than the usual mid-season patch). They also mentioned that they are looking at buffing Watson but couldn't share any details or a timeline. Crypto is also getting buffed, but again no timeline (And the dev hinted about being able to use his drone on the fly). There was some other information dropped like them mentioning the next-gen patch is still in the works and that cross-progression won't be a thing until sometime next year.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Crypto using the drone on the fly for a limited time would be dope. It would make him usable again.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah you need a code from EA in order to reserve a server, btw these server's aren't any better than public ones and in fact may be worse.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
It's not hyperbole at all to say over 90% of matches people just go to fragment. Played maybe 30 matches this season. If I try anywhere else half the time someone drops.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Played 10 games and didn't realize the Rampage was an automatic weapon. Was getting torn up like by that thing it felt like Charge rifle season 3.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Finally got some games in post-patch...

Seer's insane, I'm shocked to see a team not running him, Duos was a mess of 30 Seer's and a mix of the rest. Rampage is stupid fun. Weird ass ideas on balance

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I was looking forward to getting back into Apex this season, but I think I may have to curb that until Seer gets nerfed. It's just not fun going up against even a semi decent player using him.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Here's a freebie for Respawn….

Meet Beer — a legend that is a master of disorientation. Beer is a direct counter to Seer. Beer's tactical ability is "Buzzed". If you throw a can of beer at Seer it creates double vision and everyone who appears in his tactical is impossible to hit. His ultimate, called "Chug", makes Beer and his squad mates pass out behind a rock so he can evade detection from Seer's microdrones.

I'd like Respawn to start coming up with some design images based off this and shoot it over to me by Monday AM for review.

Oct 25, 2017
love this new feature where i have to compile shaders every other launch.
I have it every time i launch...
This is a bug and was already present last season (a very long black loading screen before seeing the lobby). To fix:

1. Update Nvidia drivers
2. Open Nvidia Control Panel and go to Manage 3D Settings.
3. If Shader Cache is on, turn it off and click Apply. (screenshot of setting)
4. Turn Shader Cache back on and click Apply.
5. Restart your computer

The next time you launch Apex you'll get the "compiling shaders" once more, but you shouldn't see it after that.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Seer is 100% getting a massive nerf. Everything about Seer is just not right

Its okay to disagree but he's OP in all situations. Ability does damage, stuns and interrupts

Just a little bit of tuning needed. No need to to nerf to oblivion Respawn like you always do

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
His tactical should not stun, interrupt or cause damage. The tracking it gives you along with being able to see health bars is already enough.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
In the /r/apexlegends AMA they already confirmed they're going to nerf Seer soon. And part of that is most likely going to remove the flash part of his ability.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Being a Mirage main is helping this season. I don't know if his decoys look like enemies in Seer's ult or tactical though. If it doesn't, then they need to adjust it so Mirage officially becomes Seer's hard counter.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

It's funniest when you outperform them(more damage/kills/revives) and they still have the nerve to call you names.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I really am not enjoying this season so far and I might actually take a break for a minute.
Yeah, for the first time with a fresh season, I'm just peacing out until they change things. World's Edge also just sucks as a map and can't be salvaged, so making it the only thing you can play on for a week doesn't help at all.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Speculation: We will be getting a new map next season. (There IS a new map in the files)

1) So far we've gotten a new map every fall since the game's release. This is usually to compete with the major new releases and while Warzone is in a downward spiral at the moment, it will stabilize with its new map release. However, if Apex has a new map, Apex can maintain its big climb.

2) We are getting all three maps in rotation this season for the first time. Respawn has stated that the reason why they don't put all maps in rotation is to prevent players from getting bored of the game through seasons. And honestly it's a good idea for casuals. However, why the sudden change of heart? It's not like Apex is losing players, in fact it's the opposite. They didn't change their tactic, it's just that next season Apex will have 3 maps in rotation, one of them being the new map.

osodemolay

Oct 28, 2017
After using Seer for a couple of matches, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to nerf him. The main change I would do is that instead of tracking, his tactical and ultimate should work as a sonar, taking snapshots (don't know if this is the correct term) of the enemy position
Tactical: 1 snapshot.
Ultimate: snapshot every couple of seconds.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really loving the new areas of WE. The map is feeling even more differentiated from the other two maps with all this additional lava and the gondolas.

Seer and the Rampage both need nerfs, but I'm still having a good time. It's unfortunate that they didn't fix the Fragment problem, but I'm expecting the drops there to go back down to season legacy levels eventually. Just seems like the new season hype brought some more Fragment players back.

I hope we get some good lore this season. I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of a comic in-game, but last season was nearly overkill with the amount of comics in-game, on twitter, and in stores, in addition to lore videos lol. My friends could not keep up.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Speculation: We will be getting a new map next season. (There IS a new map in the files)

1) So far we've gotten a new map every fall since the game's release. This is usually to compete with the major new releases and while Warzone is in a downward spiral at the moment, it will stabilize with its new map release. However, if Apex has a new map, Apex can maintain its big climb.

2) We are getting all three maps in rotation this season for the first time. Respawn has stated that the reason why they don't put all maps in rotation is to prevent players from getting bored of the game through seasons. And honestly it's a good idea for casuals. However, why the sudden change of heart? It's not like Apex is losing players, in fact it's the opposite. They didn't change their tactic, it's just that next season Apex will have 3 maps in rotation, one of them being the new map.
I'm at my usual phase of "no new map and I riot," and every time I hit that point we get a new one, so I think we're good.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Being a Mirage main is helping this season. I don't know if his decoys look like enemies in Seer's ult or tactical though. If it doesn't, then they need to adjust it so Mirage officially becomes Seer's hard counter.

Decoys do show for Seer's ultimate, I know because I was just bamboozled by one playing as Seer haha.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Can't wait for Tuesday, tired of this map, I don't like WE's and even with all the changes the map is meh...can't wait for KC and OL..

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Good intel here. Thank you. I've been a Mirage main for a long time and I like how he's never been part of the meta so I can always get him.

It comes with a catch. When Seer uses his ability, health bars don't show on decoys, so you basically can narrow in on the real own. Seer is literally the Kryptonite to Bang and Mirage and the replacement for BH and Crypto.