• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I think on its own it isn't so bad. Definitely powerful. But it's the fact that it's mostly unreactable, deals 10 damage, reveals to your teammates and momentarily blinds the opponent, fast cooldown, insane range, AND Seer can see their health makes it broken.
Pffft, that's nothing. If I wait a minute I can lay two fences.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
lmao cracked and hit flesh on 2 guys, got downed, other team-mate puts away his 301 to get out the PK and misses every shot. He could have literally closed his eyes and held fire with the 301 and won the fight

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
tactical aside, heartbeat is a ridiculous passive. I was under the impression it was entirely sound based, not showing little icons. You can just ADS and 360 spin to know if anyone is around you. It's like a significantly better version of what bloodhound's is.

Then because of that passive you can hold down your tactical and line up where people are.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
tactical aside, heartbeat is a ridiculous passive. I was under the impression it was entirely sound based, not showing little icons. You can just ADS and 360 spin to know if anyone is around you. It's like a significantly better version of what bloodhound's is.

Then because of that passive you can hold down your tactical and line up where people are.
Yep Bloodhound's scan is basically a big warning sign to anybody who gets tapped by it.

Nobody gets a heads up that Seer has a bead on you until it's too late and you get hit by his tactical and now you're double fucked.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Even if an unexperienced Bloodhound thinks of spamming the scan they can be visibly noticed or tracked depending on the scan wave direction, so you even if you're detected you can reposition yourself or try to guess where you'll get attacked by BH's squad.

There should be some sort of risk/reward dynamic to allow Seer to be this omnimpresent in an open battle.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
On PS5 today can't get my ping below 90. I'm fine with 70 down but nothing today. Console and modems fully shut down and rebooted, nothing.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I've ever been more concerned for the game upon the inclusion of a new character. I know they'll scale things back, but still, I feel the way I do lately whenever I watch Valorant in terms of not knowing what the fuck's going on.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Hey, at least they're releasing useful characters. I'd rather they release someone OP and then dial it back than release a limp noodle that they spend several patches trying to buff up.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
It's my first day of playing the new season, and I'm already tired of it.

While I love the design and style of Seer, his ability are way too OP, especially his tactical, like damn, I'm marked way longer than with Bloodhound's tactical, the flash is such a huge advantage and it's activating way too fast to go out of the zone before the detonation.

Adding on top that everyone is using Seer at the moment, it's borderline unfun to start a game of Apex at the moment.

Really hope he will be buffed, not by much to stay a good character, but not in his current form.

Loving the new weapon Rampage, and having back the Prowler in the pool loot is delicious, it's a laser, no recoil at the moment, don't know if that an intended behaviour or not.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
The Rampage is nutty, and am I completely off mark here or does it not render the G7 completely obsolete? It seems to do everything a G7 does, but better, with the only trade off being 4 less damage per shot.

Seer certainly needs a nerf fast, it's ridiculous how strong he is. I'm not a fan of the sheer amount of visual clutter on the screen now whenever you've got multiple Seers about.

Played for 3 and a bit hours earlier with a friend on Trios and managed to pick up 4 wins, which for our skill level/relying on a random third is pretty decent. I'm always surprised that more people don't use the Hemlock because I feel like I absolutely shred with it more often than any other gun. With the Prowler back out of the care pack as well Heavy ammo is the place to be for me this season.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
So Rampage fully loaded has less kick than a G7 fully loaded and both take a 2x-4x. Why would I ever want a G7 when Rampage has better control now?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Unless this is a bug, Seer's passive goes beyond 75meters if you holster your gun and ADS, been able to track players over 100meters away..
Decided to load up firing range, this is 104 meters away, the blue icons indicates enemies...I was doing this tracking through walls in real game..
20210804191146_1wsk51.jpg

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Unless this is a bug, Seer's passive goes beyond 75meters if you holster your gun and ADS, been able to track players over 100meters away..
Decided to load up firing range, this is 104 meters away, the blue icons indicates enemies...I was doing this tracking through walls in real game..
20210804191146_1wsk51.jpg
Either I don't know how it works or it is bugged because the same thing happens even if you're using a gun? The blue icons show up on people being tracked way outside the blue ring that is supposed to indicate the range of the heartbeat sensor.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Either I don't know how it works or it is bugged because the same thing happens even if you're using a gun? The blue icons show up on people being tracked way outside the blue ring that is supposed to indicate the range of the heartbeat sensor.
All respawn said his passive is 75meters, they don't tell you his heart beat tracking is only 30meters or less, from 30-45meters you see the blue icons for tracking, blue icon track is further than 75meters most likely a bug, since they said his passive is 75meters..

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
The Rampage is nutty, and am I completely off mark here or does it not render the G7 completely obsolete? It seems to do everything a G7 does, but better, with the only trade off being 4 less damage per shot.

I has similar thoughts as well though maybe there's less bullet drop or a faster velocity with the G7? Not totally sure but I assume the difference in ammo types properly differentiates the two.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
This is probably my least favorite season i've played. This map is the worst map in the game. Seer is crazy OP, he has WAY too much. Rampage is ridiculous and yet I really don't like using it. Bums me out because I really enjoyed Season 9.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Unpopular (?) opinion: There's nothing wrong with Fragment - it's the other areas that need to be more interesting which would then spread out the action. Also, I think the maps don't really need to be as big as they are - I would love less areas, with like 25% more loot in each area.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
How long till they tone down Seer? S10.5 or S11 maybe, I think he's cool but some of the OG legends need a buff compared to what he can do.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The sound is so bad this season, i have people making no footsteps running straight at me, if i wasn't playing Seer i would be dead so many times, lol at some of these CoD streamers coming here, still have to deal with hackers, shitty sound, and endless bugs...GL..

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, at least they're releasing useful characters. I'd rather they release someone OP and then dial it back than release a limp noodle that they spend several patches trying to buff up.

Crypto, Fuse, and Rampart are good examples of limp dick legends, IMO. Lifeline has sadly fallen into this category too which is a shame since she was so big when the game first came out.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I think that with lifeline if you got a good squad you can have your squad all gold by third ring using Lifeline and a bunch of accelerants. But I would rather have the shield revive back. IMO I hate fighting 3-4 teams at the end with all gold pieces isnt as much fun as it's annoying.

I would like to see Fuse have a Circled X instead of just a circle, Crypto needs to not be seen by Seer or Bloodhound, for Rampart maybe reduced points to make stuff on replicators. It's rough to change stuff without breaking other things but I dont have a problem with it being Rock, Paper, Scissors style where different legends are strong against other and weak against others.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Game needs work, playing duos with a friend and got rekt by a Horizon/Seer combo, the game didn't draw the Horizon que, or hear the sound, or see them magically floated to the top, Seer just appears behind me, it's not until i was down on the ground her que materialized..

I am on 1060GTX
My friend on 3060ti
both of us not seeing the que is on their end..

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Man, when multiple Seer's start fighting the game is just an overload of junk on screen and noise…WRRRR!

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
All respawn said his passive is 75meters, they don't tell you his heart beat tracking is only 30meters or less, from 30-45meters you see the blue icons for tracking, blue icon track is further than 75meters most likely a bug, since they said his passive is 75meters..

Yeah idk what's going on, even ingame the passive writeup says 75m but the blue markers are clearly going to 100-105. They just turn yellow when your tactical is in range to hit also.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I think a slight increase in the delay before Seer's tactical activates, a fix/decrease to his heartbeat range, and maybe a small shrinkage of his ultimate would put him in a good spot.

Also decrease the width of the tactical, they said it's like a sniper shot, which I guess is accurate if your sniper rifle shoots VW Bugs.

Last edited:

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
So far I'm seeing 2 types of Seer:

1) absolutely godly and just wrecks shit.
2) doesn't know what they are doing

No in between

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Don't think I've ever been more concerned for the game upon the inclusion of a new character. I know they'll scale things back, but still, I feel the way I do lately whenever I watch Valorant in terms of not knowing what the fuck's going on.

They're moving in the wrong direction by bringing in more wall hack legends. BH and Crypto should've been it. They don't have multiple medics in the game (and they could use another one honestly) but they've added 2 wall hacks since BH. I thought Seer was another half ass legend like Rampart but after reading everything here, I'm legit worried this game will lose all strategy because everyone is scanning everyone 24/7. I honestly think they made Seer to dumb down the game so it's more accessible. Part of the whole thing with BR games is getting the jump on teams and using the element of surprise. That's slowly going out the window and it's going to come to a point where you have to use a wall hack legend to compete since everyone will be using them.

Also, regarding multiple Seers using their abilities at the same time — Respawn is the worst when it comes to visual clutter. Take a look at Titanfall — still one of my favorite games — but what an absolute shit show with too much crap happening on the screen.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
was maybe going to do the BP but the first few days of season have been trash and they keep throwing arena challenges into the dailies. I'm never touching that lame shit ever again, respawn.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Serious question here for Respawn: What's the point of hiding behind a rock or taking cover in a building if you've made 3 wall hack legends that negate the whole thing? Why even have cover? Or walls for that matter? 😂

The worst part about Seer is that if a BH main can't get his pick, he can just use Seer and now you have a team with two wall hack legends scanning the fuck out of everything 24/7. It's going to get gnarly.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Seer is really too good. Too damn good. It really is like having a wall hacker in your team.

Had our first win of the season last night. Didn't do much damage, but played more strategically, picking our fights carefully. Feels like everytime you are in a fight, but aren't the one third partying, you are gonna get wrecked sooner than later