• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited because this is pretty much the only game I play right now, but this definitely looks like a lull season. Hopefully the rumors of a mid-season rework for Rampart are still true. I'm just looking forward to a new map for S11.

We better get a new map for S11.
I've been hearing about some map called Tropical Island for forever now. Maybe that's it? Hard believe we're at Season 10 already. Season 11 we're definitely due for a new map.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017

Some Warzone streamers are migrating to Apex, TimTheTatman being one of them. I caught this bit that I found funny. The exasperation in his voice when he asks "this is Bronze?" brings me great joy. Buckle up, buttercup.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Pretty much every complaint people have about Apex is exponentially worse in Warzone.

Courage is playing with Wigg now and he's fun to watch. Glad he's migrated over.

Regarding COD, I always preferred Blackout to Warzone. I hate the Gulag. The overall feel and design of of the map in Blackout is way better. I had some of the most fun games ever in Blackout and it's a shame they essentially killed it with Warzone.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding COD, I always preferred Blackout to Warzone. I hate the Gulag. The overall feel and design of of the map in Blackout is way better. I had some of the most fun games ever in Blackout and it's a shame they essentially killed it with Warzone.
Agreed, I hated the TTK and overall feel of Warzone, but absolutely loved Blackout. It definitely rivals Apex as my favorite BR. They nailed the looting, attachments, good map design, such a bummer they went all in with the style of MW 2019 which I felt was one of the worst CODs in a long time.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017

Some Warzone streamers are migrating to Apex, TimTheTatman being one of them. I caught this bit that I found funny. The exasperation in his voice when he asks "this is Bronze?" brings me great joy. Buckle up, buttercup.

Lirik jumped on last night for the first time this season. Went straight in to ranked, bronze IV, got stomped for an hour and called it quits haha.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Agreed, I hated the TTK and overall feel of Warzone, but absolutely loved Blackout. It definitely rivals Apex as my favorite BR. They nailed the looting, attachments, good map design, such a bummer they went all in with the style of MW 2019 which I felt was one of the worst CODs in a long time.

Blackout was my first foray into the world of BR games and I think if I had been introduced any other way (ie: PUBG, Fortnite, etc) then I'd probably have hated the genre. Then Apex came along and did some things that Blackout wasn't doing at the time - namely the ping system and the respawn beacons which was a gamechanger. Ultimately this is what made me stop playing Blackout after dying in a match and having to spectate my squad for 20 minutes which was really boring after trying Apex.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Man that 5v5v5v5vEtc game mode can't come soon enough. So excited for that.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they usually did a preload of sorts on the PS4 for updates. Maybe they're switching it up since the release of S9 was unbelievably dicey with the servers.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Update is live on PS4 EU. Just over 30GB...with the whole "copying" thing I'm not gonna get to play today, am I?

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
Damn the new LMG is a heavy weapon. I don't know why I thought it was going to be a light ammo gun.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Rampage damage currently feels like overkill. If you thought spitfire was scrubby then you will not be loving this thing lmao. Rampart+rampage plus an a-wall is going to be toxic as fuck and better than her ult. 42 headshot/51 amped is going to rip people apart. Put that shit on a door and it'll be even wilder

The spitfire is now a 55 bullet flatline with easier kick

All my lstar practice was worth it bc that thing is gonna be end game worthy. Great DPS up close and can beam from distance with stabilizers now. Gonna be sticking 2-4x on it.

Horizon lift speed is much closer to launch than s9 so she feels good.

Prowler still feels great too.

Boosted loader is a nice hop-up, will get tons of use I'm sure.

And I feel like Seer makes crypto's information gathering obsolete. Unless fast respawn and EMP are your staples...there's no reason to pick him imo.

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
My download keeps freezing my internet is fine, i am stuck at 36%.
Edit:My download on Origin stuck, refuses to download, i was stuck at 36%, 35%, 31% and now my 4th attempt stuck at 32%
Edit 2: i am done with Origin, trying Steam version..

Last edited:

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Rampage damage currently feels like overkill. If you thought spitfire was scrubby then you will not be loving this thing lmao. Rampart+rampage plus an a-wall is going to be toxic as fuck and better than her ult. 42 headshot/51 amped is going to rip people apart. Put that shit on a door and it'll be even wilder

The spitfire is now a 55 bullet flatline with easier kick

All my lstar practice was worth it bc that thing is gonna be end game worthy. Great DPS up close and can beam from distance with stabilizers now. Gonna be sticking 2-4x on it.

Horizon lift speed is much closer to launch than s9 so she feels good.

Prowler still feels great too.

Boosted loader is a nice hop-up, will get tons of use I'm sure.

And I feel like Seer makes crypto's information gathering obsolete. Unless fast respawn and EMP are your staples...there's no reason to pick him imo.

Agree with last point. Just ran a ranked match with Seer and bloodhound as crypto and didn't use my drone once unless I needed to EMP. They were collecting most of the data. Didn't even have to scan banners to see who is nearby.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Nice hopefully this reinvigorates me even more. Cuz i was getting burned out on Apex. I stopped playing once I hit 110 on the battle pass and had to settle for 40 wins on the season. And like over 100 wins in Arenas cuz Respawn was really pushing that mode. I hate it. Like I actually dont hate it. But I hate that I have to grind for shit in Arenas in the last season. Ill probably hit up ranked since I want to see how far I can go.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
god hope they get rid of the ranked split because it just makes these first weeks trash to play. Always players who have decision making that's the equivalent of doing crack.

[edit]5 games in every time we land in fragment. Don't think respawn understand how toxic that area is on World's Edge.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
yeh im done already. Nobody wants to land anywhere but fragment. Literally 70% of the map is new and you want to land in the pile of shit.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

it's worse than usual. Literally haven't had a proper game in an hour. Fucking dire. Everyone is either splitting hard because jumpmaster wants to land in fragment or people are watching their team-mates get shot up and doing nothing. Just specced our guy and he didn't even pull his gun out in a gunfight. Literally 6 seconds sprinting around getting shot.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Call me crazy, but I've been enjoying playing this game on Switch again. Yeah, its super blurry while dropping and the resolution is low overall while playing, but the frame rate and gyro both are improved from launch. Its pretty fun to play a few rounds before bed.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
yeh im done already. Nobody wants to land anywhere but fragment. Literally 70% of the map is new and you want to land in the pile of shit.

Yep. Fuck that POS POI.

I love this map when I play sweaty ranked with friends. When I play with randoms it is absolutely godawful. 90% of the server lands Frag west and its 2 squads left before the first ring closes. I dont mind doing it occasionally but solo q'ing it is every.single.game.

Don't think I am gonna solo queue much this week till KC and Olympus comes back in rotation.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Call me crazy, but I've been enjoying playing this game on Switch again. Yeah, its super blurry while dropping and the resolution is low overall while playing, but the frame rate and gyro both are improved from launch. Its pretty fun to play a few rounds before bed.
That's awesome to hear, haven't followed up on the switch version since release. Did you by any chance try Arena's? I always wondered if the smaller scale helped performance in anyway.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Only time people don't land in fragment is when WE is in ranked and even then it's still a roll of the dice.

Like I get why, I had like a 3k damage game last season in Fragment but like, that happens 1/100 times. Every other time it's just so miserable.

I was so hyped to see Fragment get blown to smitheens when I saw WE was being reworked but I can't believe they didn't touch it.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome to hear, haven't followed up on the switch version since release. Did you by any chance try Arena's? I always wondered if the smaller scale helped performance in anyway.

I haven't actually. I can give it a try a little later.

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't a looker, but it's pretty crazy its running on old mobile hardware

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
it's a better marksman than the actual marksman rifles.
It's absolutely ridiculous. Still prefer Wingman for the long range, but the Rampage just keeps going.
Granted, in a close fight you're gonna get wrecked e.g. by someone with an R99.
Not saying it's overpowered or anything (especially after like ten games), but it's really easy to use.

Last edited:

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

I just played a round and didn't have any issues with the performance. I might start playing this mode, seems pretty fun