• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The most notable thing is that I figured it'd be pretty easy to destroy like Horizon's ult, but it doesn't seem to telegraph where it is deployed, so in theory, you could throw it in a corner, and it'd be hard to find?
It looks like it glows, and once you get used to it, it's probably pretty easy to determine where the center of the dome is and find it.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Never a better time to be a Mirage main. Even though a lot of experienced players will spot the decoy with no issues, I imagine it's going to be useful for countering Seers. I wonder if the decoy will give off a heartbeat but I'm guessing it's yes.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Also if his ult is as loud as the teaser was, it shouldn't be too hard to find out where it is.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I really want to see what Seer's abilities look like from his teammates' perspectives. My dream is that his abilities are selfish and Bloodhound's scans become selfish also. That would really shake up the meta.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Managed to hit 50 on the BP, went ahead and bought it for the weeb skins, lmao.

Still got 1050 left over for Emergence BP :)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The only game that's going take me away from Apex any time soon is Halo Infinite MP. Was watching clips of the bot beta test they're doing. Game is going to be sick. I need to get an X series for it this year if I can find one.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The only game that's going take me away from Apex any time soon is Halo Infinite MP. Was watching clips of the bot beta test they're doing. Game is going to be sick. I need to get an X series for it this year if I can find one.
When Guild Wars 2 latest expansion drops next year February, Apex is dead to me, I share my gaming time between GW2 and Apex, for a while it was just Apex, normally this week's event would have been done already, I might get it done by tomorrow, Bangalore skin looks nice, GW2 will have serveral betas in August, more time to take away from Apex..

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Went over 60 wins on Arenas. Made it to 62 wins out of 110 matches played. I think I'll play a lot of Ranked Arenas

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
When Guild Wars 2 latest expansion drops next year February, Apex is dead to me, I share my gaming time between GW2 and Apex, for a while it was just Apex, normally this week's event would have been done already, I might get it done by tomorrow, Bangalore skin looks nice, GW2 will have serveral betas in August, more time to take away from Apex..
This is me when BF 2042 drops, the outlands won't see me for quite a while.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018

I thought this until I played the tech test. Maybe when I play against actual humans or harder bots I'll change my mind, but now I'm not sure. Much prefer Halo 5.

I think I might switch to Splitgate if they can ever get their servers fixed lol. Looks like Splitgate will be for my small-scale shooter fix and Apex for my large-scale/BR fix.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
wishlist for next season:

Good audio
Full squads before game starts
Hitreg that doesn't come out of the 90's via AOL.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
What will they do with Crypto, I wonder, lol. Dude needs an even bigger rework than previously thought.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm just trying out this game and and messing around in the firing range. I'm in the process of learning the controls and setting up my keybinds. What does "Character Utility Action" do?

Also, how is the game for new players right now? Is the cheating/hacking that bad? (on PC)
I only plan on playing duos with my wife in the same room, no randoms.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Also, how is the game for new players right now? Is the cheating/hacking that bad? (on PC)
I only plan on playing duos with my wife in the same room, no randoms.
The hacking is a bit overstated imo. Not saying you won't encounter it or that it isn't a problem people experience, but the vast majority of my games on PC appear to be hacker-free, or at least I die before I encounter them. On other words, I honestly can't remember the last time I said "that dude's hacking for sure."

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just trying out this game and and messing around in the firing range. I'm in the process of learning the controls and setting up my keybinds. What does "Character Utility Action" do?
That's a legend-specific action, for things like turning off Gib's Gunshield or toggling Mirage's control of his Hologram.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Anyone use ALC? I started using Nicewigg's ALC settings and I've exponentially improved my game, as I've literally went from missing most of my shots with the R99 to consistently beaming and one clipping with it.

Close to mid-range is so much better but my longer mid-range to long range seems to be just decent though I'm not surprised since I'm playing on controller. Hipfire is rough though I've never been good at hipfire except with the flatline.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone use ALC? I started using Nicewigg's ALC settings and I've exponentially improved my game, as I've literally went from missing most of my shots with the R99 to consistently beaming and one clipping with it.

Close to mid-range is so much better but my longer mid-range to long range seems to be just decent though I'm not surprised since I'm playing on controller. Hipfire is rough though I've never been good at hipfire except with the flatline.
I referred to his settings as well and tried to adapt to them with my own tweaks, felt much better afterwards. Up until that point, I still had crouch on the circle button on console instead of R3, lol. Changing the layout slightly like that also helped tons.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

What is ALC?

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
ALC settings allow you to fine-tune your camera controls. There are a lot of settings but for example, I fine-tuned my response curve to be not exactly linear but somewhere in between classic and linear. For controllers only.

I got to do some more experimentations but I believe this change allows me to trace my enemies more consistently for one-clipping enemies. It's a major game changer for me because I'm much more confident about my game and now I can rush people successfully. At this point, I am dying either by being third-partied or me being too excited about one-clipping people 😅.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone here use an elite Series 2 Controller? Got one yesterday and im struggling to figure out all the settings available to me with the controller itself plus combining that with in-game settings.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
On PS5 and can't choose to favorite random music or loading screens. I just did the watch 3 hours of streams to get the community load screens, too.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Been futzing for a while now, no go. Seen on Reddit lots of people have it too since collection event. Hopefully Tuesdays patch solves it.
Weird. It definitely doesn't let you as soon as you log in, but what I do is literally hit the Legends tab, click on any legend, back out, go back to the load/music screen to favorite stuff, and it works then.

(Granted, you shouldn't have to do this dumb shit in the first place.)

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Weird. It definitely doesn't let you as soon as you log in, but what I do is literally hit the Legends tab, click on any legend, back out, go back to the load/music screen to favorite stuff, and it works then.

(Granted, you shouldn't have to do this dumb shit in the first place.)
That worked, cheers!

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021