• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
Thanks GungJoe appreciate that info. Damn I wish my aim was half as good as yours. I''ve been playing on PC and my aim is pretty decent on that but I enjoy playing on consoles more but really struggling with the controller.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Wait, what happened to the Rampart "complete rework"? More to come still I hope.

Pretty disappointed they messed with two POIs in WE that weren't really an issue just to try and fix the distribution of players away from the real WE problem in fragment.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I hope the map designers are excited for people to land at the new POIs for the first few days and then go back to that stupid building in Fragment every match afterwards because they left it untouched.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Console players what response curve is most commonly used and what sensitivity do you guys play at?
I used a pro players ALC settings for guidance on what I use.
They tend to have their sensitivity cranked up to 6-8, but I can't do that so I play on about a 4:3 sensitivity with a 7 response curve.
Honestly they main trick to aiming on controller is really just abusing aim assist. Once you let aim assist do it's thing you just move your right thumb stick slightly to account for the recoil. If you lower your deadzone, it also allows for minor adjustments to be taken into account more when it comes to recoil control.

I'm not the best aim but i've improved drastically in the last two months alone once I stopped over compensating my aim

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what happened to the Rampart "complete rework"? More to come still I hope.

Pretty disappointed they messed with two POIs in WE that weren't really an issue just to try and fix the distribution of players away from the real WE problem in fragment.
Devs said a couple seasons ago that the Rampart rework was targeting a mid-season 10 patch.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I used a pro players ALC settings for guidance on what I use.
They tend to have their sensitivity cranked up to 6-8, but I can't do that so I play on about a 4:3 sensitivity with a 7 response curve.
Honestly they main trick to aiming on controller is really just abusing aim assist. Once you let aim assist do it's thing you just move your right thumb stick slightly to account for the recoil. If you lower your deadzone, it also allows for minor adjustments to be taken into account more when it comes to recoil control.

I'm not the best aim but i've improved drastically in the last two months alone once I stopped over compensating my aim

Just to comment on this, most pro players don't play 6-8, I think that's a common misconception. Most keep ads sens really low and those that play high tend to use alc to remove the aim ramp which makes it much slower.

Snipedown, who you could very easily argue as the most successful controller player, plays at 5:3. All of the C9 squad played on controllers and they play around 5:4, asides knoqd who uses ALC but even he doesn't go higher than equivalent 4 ADS.

Genburton has probably the highest control sens that I've seen on any pro, but if you try his controls yourself you'll likely find them unweildly as they are very very twitchy.

Last edited:

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Just to comment on this, most pro players don't play 6-8, I think that's a common misconception. Most keep ads sens really low and those that play high tend to use alc to remove the aim ramp which makes it much slower.

Snipedown, who you could very easily argue as the most successful controller player, plays at 5:3. All of the C9 squad played on controllers and they play around 5:4, asides knoqd who uses ALC but even he doesn't go higher than equivalent 4 ADS.

Genburton has probably the highest control sens that I've seen on any pro, but if you try his controls yourself you'll likely find them unweildly as they are very very twitchy.
Oh yeah I meant the ones I was looking at seemed to play on 6-8z
I used nicewiggs who I think is just a content creator for reference and i think he was about a 6 and it was way too quick for me. I didn't properly check the value of 350 on ALC i had to lower it to the 200s

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden

What would 4 ADS be equivalent to with ALC? If I remember correctly ADS defaults to 70-110 with ALC on. Would that be equivalent to 3 ADS with ALC off?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What would 4 ADS be equivalent to with ALC? If I remember correctly ADS defaults to 70-110 with ALC on. Would that be equivalent to 3 ADS with ALC off?

I honestly do not know that one off hand specifically, you have to test it, but one thing I do know is that the increases in settings outside of ALC are surprisingly steep.

I know that for instance...

3 is obviously 160 yaw, 120 pitch (we know this because it's the default in both)
but 4 is actually something like 240 yaw, 200 pitch

The non-alc settings don't do a good job providing small increments. A simple jump from 3 to 4 is at least a 50% increase in your sensitivity, which doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense.

It's really tedious trying to figure out which sensitivity is which in ALC. In the past I've booted the game up on PC and then then hooked my DualSense up to the PS4 via a wired connection while keeping it connected wirelessly on PS4/5 and then it will actually accept your inputs in both versions of the game at the same time. From there you can quite explicitly see if the sensitivities are matched or not. Otherwise, the best bet is to just keep tweaking them and switching ALC on/off to compare, but that's very hard to get it just right.

Dylan Dogood

Aug 13, 2019
Sweden
I honestly do not know that one off hand specifically, you have to test it, but one thing I do know is that the increases in settings outside of ALC are surprisingly steep.

I know that for instance...

3 is obviously 160 yaw, 120 pitch (we know this because it's the default in both)
but 4 is actually something like 240 yaw, 200 pitch

The non-alc settings don't do a good job providing small increments. A simple jump from 3 to 4 is at least a 50% increase in your sensitivity, which doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense.

It's really tedious trying to figure out which sensitivity is which in ALC. In the past I've booted the game up on PC and then then hooked my DualSense up to the PS4 via a wired connection while keeping it connected wirelessly on PS4/5 and then it will actually accept your inputs in both versions of the game at the same time. From there you can quite explicitly see if the sensitivities are matched or not. Otherwise, the best bet is to just keep tweaking them and switching ALC on/off to compare, but that's very hard to get it just right.

Thank you! I would guess my ALC settings are closer to 3-3... but I also use a more linear response curve which messes everything up again.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I do feel like they overbuffed Bloodhound to an OP level, but it's their time to shine I guess. I haven't had all that much trouble with them.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017

This is exactly how I feel about Apex at this point. With the addition of Seer, there are way too many legends with scanning abilities now. Even Valk has scanning with her ult, FFS.

Also, Bloodhounds ult shouldn't be so long. It's insane how he can sprint and hunt you down for that long.
I think that this isn't a great take because it heavily limits design. I feel like the "skill" element would come from how you react to being spotted, not complaining about the tracker champions. Note, I am not speaking about yourself so much as I am about these pros that whine about game elements all the time. Also, it sounds like he is reacting to the gameplay notes that GameSpot revealed, which makes me wonder if he has gotten the opportunity to play Seer? The lead developer clarified on Twitter that the hitbox would (supposedly?) be really narrow.

barpz122iod71.jpg

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I think that this isn't a great take because it heavily limits design. I feel like the "skill" element would come from how you react to being spotted, not complaining about the tracker champions. Note, I am not speaking about yourself so much as I am about these pros that whine about game elements all the time. Also, it sounds like he is reacting to the gameplay notes that GameSpot revealed, which makes me wonder if he has gotten the opportunity to play Seer? The lead developer clarified on Twitter that the hitbox would (supposedly?) be really narrow.

barpz122iod71.jpg
Thanks for sharing, that clears some of the ambiguity up. Should be interesting to see how reliable the passive is to combo into his tactical in-game.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Got my first 3k badge last night! Never in a million years did I think I'd ever be able to accomplish such a thing. Ran most of the game with a 4-10X Longbow and a 2X Flatline with an Anvil. The shots were landing for once and I was fortunate to be able to third party poke from a distance for about a third of the damage. Last two teams had a lot of heals so I was able to rip several of their red shields to end up with a damage total of 3,180 and a win. What a rush.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Got my first 3k badge last night! Never in a million years did I think I'd ever be able to accomplish such a thing. Ran most of the game with a 4-10X Longbow and a 2X Flatline with an Anvil. The shots were landing for once and I was fortunate to be able to third party poke from a distance for about a third of the damage. Last two teams had a lot of heals so I was able to rip several of their red shields to end up with a damage total of 3,180 and a win. What a rush.
Congrats! I have one 3k damage badge I got in Season 7 and I haven't been able to get anywhere close since :p

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Congrats! I have one 3k damage badge I got in Season 7 and I haven't been able to get anywhere close since :p
I have 1 on Rampart of all people from Season 6, all I did was bum-rush every fucking fight I came across (with teammates that were similarly minded) and I somehow ended up with a W and 3k damage.

Great feeling.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone here play on PlayStation and could lend me an hand regarding someone I'd like to send a message to?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently my EA credentials expired or something. Trying to reset the account, and EA's e-mail system either doesn't work or it takes half an hour to send a code over.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I made the switch from PS4/5 to PC and managed to get the 2k badge 5 times and the 2.5k once. I'm guessing it's not because I'm that good but more so I'm playing on a new account against new players? The most damage I've ever got was 1.8k on PS4/5.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I just keep craving apex, I play for like 2 hours, have fun and stop bit still want to play but also don't.

I think it's just kings canyon I want to play if anything. I miss that map. Felt like we have had these two for soooo long.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
2 minute queues for ranked followed by games with the jankiest fucking hitreg and tick. I took 120 damage through a fucking wall in one game, whilst people were warping about in the other.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
2 minute queues for ranked followed by games with the jankiest fucking hitreg and tick. I took 120 damage through a fucking wall in one game, whilst people were warping about in the other.

You on PC or console? I'm getting pretty bad reg on Switch and Xbox these days. I main Xbox, but it's been borderline unplayable these days(after they added the Seer teaser to BR). I gotta pick up a next gen console soon or this game will be unplayable for me.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
You on PC or console? I'm getting pretty bad reg on Switch and Xbox these days. I main Xbox, but it's been borderline unplayable these days(after they added the Seer teaser to BR). I gotta pick up a next gen console soon or this game will be unplayable for me.

PC. Normally the game likes to give you late 90's PC hitreg experience but today it's like playing on xbox live.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

barpz122iod71.jpg

These are interesting notes on Seer. Apparently a lot of Respawn guys unfollowed Snipedown because he was being too critical of the game so I doubt they let him get any advanced lead time with Seer. I tried watching him play for the first time yesterday and it was whatever. Still prefer Wigg and Timmy for Apex streams by a mile.

Anyways, I still think Bloodhound is too OP now. His ult goes on forever and combined with Revtane it's crazy. His scan distance is massive and it needs to be pulled back a bit. Cryptos , in general, are more rare in the game and atleast with his abilities you have to look at his drone to scan enemies so you can't shoot while scanning.

I just think any wall hacks / location scanning in a BR game should be minimal. I still think it's crazy that Valk can track enemies on her ult from way up in the air.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
another game another dump of damage seconds after I'm safe in cover. Dropping this shit until they sort this billion dollar game out.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Hit 7500 lifetime games last night and am done for the season, possibly longer. Forced myself to get to 110 despite not really having much to play for. Finished the season at levels of performance that are just not fun. My win % was down to 3% after being 9% for most seasons. Sucks I just got heirloom shards and don't even want to use them.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Completed the battle pass last night! Ready for the next season. I'd say I'll take a break until next week but I don't think so. After not playing it for a month, I'm really loving it again.

Also I will miss Sorting Factory battles :(

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
In my opinion the Hemlock needs some work. There's no space in the game where that gun really excel right now. It doesn't feel as though it performs as well as the 301 at mid-ranges, and then it comes down to near-useless status at close range. At long ranges it's outperformed by the G7. It's hard to see why anyone would purposefully want to use it.

I hope we see some changes for it this next season.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
In my opinion the Hemlock needs some work. There's no space in the game where that gun really excel right now. It doesn't feel as though it performs as well as the 301 at mid-ranges, and then it comes down to near-useless status at close range. At long ranges it's outperformed by the G7. It's hard to see why anyone would purposefully want to use it.

Hemlock user here. 👋
Honestly been sticking with it ever since its first major change in Season 3. I preferred the single fire speed on it over G7 (my experience with the G7 has been pretty hit or miss), and there's a mid-range sweet spot with the burst fire mode that's just shreds. I do agree that the gun is at an odd spot, and I'm mostly holding out for it out of personal preference.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

It's getting the Boosted Loader hop-up, but I don't think it will affect DPS.

Still, I love the Hemlock and have been using it to great effect in Arenas especially. Just a couple headshots with your burst and you've got some solid damage.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game is sad and fucking pathetic with all the hackers...
Respawn answer, make new content and add more bugs...

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Hemmy is deffo in a weird place. Used to love it as an alternative to the g7, but you've also got the 30-30 now which feels better to me as a single shot Heavy ammo weapon than the Hemlock.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I love the Hemlock. If they make it better, great. I've been having alot of success running the Hemlock and Flatline together.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah, the Hemlock two seasons ago was a beast but right now it's hard to justify using it over the other options. It's not a bad weapon, but it's outclassed by all the other AR in their specific strong points.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The Hemlock used to have a hop up in Titanfall 2 where could shoot 5 bullets at once instead of 3 but it took longer between shots. That's all they need to do with it to bring it back to where it's competitive with the G7.

I cannot hit anything with the G7, personally.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Am I losing or it does Seer look like he just does the exact same thing as Bloodhound but slighty different?

His tactical scans, except it can also disrupt heals and show health.

His ultimate highlights enemies except it's only in an area

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Am I losing or it does Seer look like he just does the exact same thing as Bloodhound but slighty different?

His tactical scans, except it can also disrupt heals and show health.

His ultimate highlights enemies except it's only in an area
Guess it depends on your definition of "slightly." The tactical scan is directly in front and is telegraphed, but it lasts longer if you hit someone with it. The ultimate highlights sounds afaik, and being stealthy can mitigate being detected.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

Meet Seer | Apex Legends Character Trailer

Meet Seer, a visionary artist and a Legend who fights for outcasts everywhere. http://x.ea.com/69275 Apex Legends™ is a free-to-play hero shooter game wh...

Maybe it is the height, but the hit range of his tactical looks a lot larger than I thought it'd be. That certainly isn't "Tunnel big enough for one legend" range, that is for sure. Also, the ultimate seems stronger than I expected. The most notable thing is that I figured it'd be pretty easy to destroy like Horizon's ult, but it doesn't seem to telegraph where it is deployed, so in theory, you could throw it in a corner, and it'd be hard to find?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
www.youtube.com

Meet Seer | Apex Legends Character Trailer

Meet Seer, a visionary artist and a Legend who fights for outcasts everywhere. http://x.ea.com/69275 Apex Legends™ is a free-to-play hero shooter game wh...

Maybe it is the height, but the hit range of his tactical looks a lot larger than I thought it'd be. That certainly isn't "Tunnel big enough for one legend" range, that is for sure. Also, the ultimate seems stronger than I expected. The most notable thing is that I figured it'd be pretty easy to destroy like Horizon's ult, but it doesn't seem to telegraph where it is deployed, so in theory, you could throw it in a corner, and it'd be hard to find?
The tactical is definitely bigger than I'd imagine too. Hard to tell how much the tac' and ult' are delayed and telegraphed because of the editing, that's going to be a big factor.